Prelude

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yue

" Hey..." I felt HeDi's lips grazing my cheek before he settled himself beside me as I sat quietly in this coffee shop sipping my latte. I was waiting for him to pick me up after taking his parents to the airport for their annual vacation, as if fate is conspiring with me...

This is the day... I had everything planned out for us... This would be my parting gift not only for him but for myself as well... Yes... Parting... Because I've decided to let HeDi go...

Flashback...

"I have to do this Jia... This is the right thing to do..." I said tears staining my cheeks... I had been crying my heart out since HeDi walked out the door a few hours ago after he dropped me off from university. He is currently at Xize's finishing up their thesis.

I decided to invite JiaQi for a sleep over... I badly need someone right now... To just be there... And listen to me...

"I love him so much Jia... I would rather bear the pain of losing him now than see him being miserable in the future for letting this great opportunity pass..." A new batch of tears is starting to well on my eyes again... I really feel miserable... The thought of leaving the love of my life is tearing me up inside.

"But he loves you so much Yue... His world revolves around you... Can't you see?" He said trying to knock some sense into my head.

"I'm aware of that Jia...but Didi is really stubborn... It would be really difficult to persuade him to go to Beijing to follow his dreams... Especially now that he already made up his mind to spend the rest of his life with me." I said tears keep welling in my eyes flooding my cheeks "Don't get me wrong ... I want to spend the rest of my life with him too... I love him so much... That making this decision behind his back is hurting me too... But I have to do this for his sake... I can't let him lose himself by loving me... I can't keep him here beside me while losing his dreams in the process... I love him too much to do that to him..." I cried as JiaQi comforted me in an embrace...

"If that's really your decision... Then I will support you Yue... Whatever the outcome maybe... Remember that I'm just here... Okay?..."

I cried on JiaQi's shoulder... I cried all my sadness...I cried for the pain and regret this decision will bring... I cried for the love I am about to lose.

Present...

"Hey babe... are you alright? you're so quiet..." He said as he s his arms around my waist. I leaned my body closer to him... Feeling his warmth... I'm going to miss this... His warmth...

"Yeah...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter