Memories

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HeDi

 

Flashback...

Six years earlier... We were both 15...

It was very dark outside. I could hear a light drizzle of rain tapping at the roof. I took a peek at my window and was surprised to see Yue sitting on the branch of the tree adjoining our rooms. She was staring at nothing as if in a trance...

"Yueyue?..." I called but she didn't respond... " Hey! Yueyue!" I yelled to catch her attention and was glad when she looked at my direction...

"What?" she asked.. not moving from her position as I opened my window wider as I crawled on the branch to sit beside her.

"What are you doing here... Aren't you cold? It's drizzling..." I said... As I brushed the droplets of water off her face.

"Oh... Is it?" She said as if surprised while she just let me wipe her face with my hands.

"Let's get inside... You might get sick if you keep this up you idiot."I held her hand and dragged her to climb inside through my window to my room which is quite messy as per usual.

She sat on my unmade bed and tucked herself inside the covers...

"The sheets smells like you..."she said as she covered herself with the comforter as if cocooning herself in it.

"Of course it's MY bed..." I retorted...

as I sat facing 's eyes are closed. Her brows are knitted together... Her lips pursed as if in deep thought as she snuggled underneath the sheets..

"What's wrong?" I asked tentatively... wishing that she would open up to me... because my friend here has this habit of keeping things to herself so as not to burden others...

She sighed a deep sigh before opening her eyes and staring back at mine...

"Mom's leaving Di..." she's trying to hold back her tears..."and it's all my fault..."

"Why is it your fault? I asked rubbing her arms through the covers...comforting her...

"Mom said she's leaving because everything around here reminds her of dad..." Tears started b in her eyes... "That in order for her to heal she had to leave... Di...if Dad is still here mom won't leave... Dad is dead because of me... If not for me... If I haven't been so stubborn... If I haven't attended that stupid party... My dad would still be alive...I am a very bad person Di... that's why the heavens is punishing me by taking away the people I love..." Yue is crying so hard now... Her chest is heaving... Tears are steadily streamimg down her face... She looks miserable and my heart clenched painfully in my chest as I witnessed my bestfriend breaking down in front of me... So I embraced her... Letting her cry on my shoulder... I can feel her tears staining my shirt... as I rubbed her back to give her comfort... To somehow make her feel that I am here... And I 'm not going away... That I'm here to stay...

Present...

SHEN LUHAN

Your memory would always be remembered

It has been six years since Yue and I had been here... the last time was in her father's funeral... Yue insisted that we stay 'til morning... We stayed for the night... with me watching Yue mourn for the loss of her dad... She cried... Endless tears... While I stayed by her side silently, just letting her cry her eyes out... then we watched the sunrise as we sat side by side... my arms wrapped around Yue's frail body while she leaned on me exhaustedly...

After that day...Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter