chapter 6

Into the Woods

"Wonyoung we need to talk," Kaeun said with a glint of anger in her voice. I felt the small hairs on my neck stand up. Why is this woman so scary? I look over at Heejin and she gave me a sad look. I started to follow the tall woman as she made her way back to the building we were in before. 

"Heejin, what did she want? Why did she tell me to leave?" Heejin kicked a rock with her foot opening the door that Kaeun just stormed through and slammed. 

"I'll tell you later. Right now Kaeun needs to talk to you." Heejin said as she placed her hand on the small of my back pushing me gently through the door where I was in front of Kaeun. Kaeun was sitting on the front of her desk with her long legs crossed. She took and deep breath and formed a small smile and motioned me to come closer to her. I eyed Heejin and she just nodded her head as if she is giving me the okay to move. I began to move towards the older woman with fear clearly etched on my face. 

"Please don't be scared of me Heejin. I'm not scary I was just frustrated with Heejin for not informing you of what you are needed here for." I nodded my head at Kaeun letting her know I understood. 

"Why am I here?" I shocked myself with how bold I was being all of sudden. I'm surprised anything came out of my mouth at all. Kaeun gave me a small smile as she got off her desk walking to a cabinet. I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched her take out a picture frame. She smiled at it walked over to me handing it to me. When I looked down my eyes became huge. I dropped the picture frame and glass went everywhere. It was me. It was a picture of me when I was about 5 with three other girls who looked a little older. Why it suddenly so hard to breathe? I looked at the broken picture frame on the ground then to Heejin who gave me a solemn look. I think I'm about to throw up. 

"Wonyoung, calm down it's okay," Heejin said nervously as she began to rub my arm. I looked up at the girl with fire in my eyes. She lied to me, she knows why I'm here. I thought I could trust her. I closed my eyes and clenched my fists trying to control my anger. I screamed in my head and not out loud because that would be a little weird. Boom. I opened my eyes instantly at the loud crash, and I widen my eyes at the sight. Heejin and Kaeun went through the giant hole in the wall. I begin to panic. What the heck am I supposed to do know? Guards start flooding the building and surrounding me, crap. I heard a couple groans then I see Kaeun coming back through the wall.

"It's fine, it was just an accident." She waved off the guards as she was rubbing debris of her jeans. I sighed sitting on the ground surrounded by debris and trash that was thrown around the room from me not being able to control myself. When all the men were finally out of the room Kaeun walked towards me. I looked up at the woman with a tear-stained face. When did I start crying? 

"Why am I here Kaeun?" I said again. I thought she couldn't hear me because my voice was so small until she patted my shoulder and sat on the ground with me. 

"You are here to help save our community." She said as she was picking random stuff out of her hair. I sigh while pushing a piece of wood away from me.

"How am I supposed to save you? I can barely control myself." My voice fell where it was barely audible. She gave me a small smile brushing the hair out of my face and behind my ear. 

"We're gonna help you control your powers. We have plenty of good witches to help you learn." 

"If you already have witches why do you need my help?" 

"You are special Wonyoung, nothing like you has existed in a 100 years." The older woman pulled me off the ground helping me clean myself off. 

"What do you need help with?" Kaeun suddenly stopped in the middle of picking some books off the floor. Well, this definitely can't be good. She turned around with a very serious look on her face. It was a very different look than the ones she had. I knew this couldn't all be a joke when I saw her face.

"Vampires, more specifically the Song Clan. They have been hunting are people for hundreds of years. In the past decade, we didn't have a problem so we decided to permanently settle here. Recently the new leader has been hunting us and she found us. Haseul and Sakura put a protection spell around our camp, but we don't know how long that will stay for. Wonyoung, we need to demolish them for once. It's been hundreds of years and I refuse to continue to run like previous rulers of our pack. So, will you help us?"  This is crazy. Vampires exist too? Do I help them? Ugh, I swear this is gonna be awful. 

"Okay, I'll help you guys. Can I ask you one more question?" 

"Of course, what is it?" Kaeun asked as she was cleaning up her office that I practically destroyed.

"Who are those girls in the picture beside me?" Kaeun smile came upon her face once again at my question. She stopped what she was doing and went and found the picture in the debris and brought it back to me. 

"Haseul, Sakura, Hyewon, and finally you. The four of you are witches were raised together when you were little by your witch mother. She died unfortunately when the Song Clan found us 10 years ago. That is when we lost you. We thought we lost you forever till Sakura I guess sensed your presence when you came to Foxcroft. We knew you were powerful so we needed to get you back. That is why we sent Heejin to go and get you back." Wow, all this information is crazy. Wait!

"Are you telling me that my parents now aren't my real parents?" My eyes get wide and I feel my whole world spinning. I think I need to sit down.

"Wonyoung sweetie I'm sorry you had to find out this way." Is this why I can't remember anything before I was six years old? My parents are lying to me.

"Is that why I can't remember anything before I was six?" I asked sitting on the chair in the middle of the room. I feel like my brain is spinning. 

"They erased your memories," Kaeun whispered to herself, but I heard it. What? Who erased my memories?

"What are you talking about? Did someone erase my memories?" I asked walking towards the taller woman standing directly in front of her. She sighed looked down so she could look me in my eyes.

"Micheal, the leader of the Song Clan currently. He must have tried and take you and make you forget your time here. Well, it doesn't matter anymore you're here again." I sit back down in the chair before and try to collect all the information I'm receiving. I look at my watch and it's 6 o'clock. Shoot, I have to get back to Foxcroft.

"I have to go, I have plans." I begin to get up and walk towards the door when Kaeun called out to me. 

"Wonyoung, take Heejin with you. Also, I need you to come here every day after school and every Saturday." I nodded and gave her a smile. OMG, where is Heejin? Is she okay? she never came back into the room? I run frantically around the building to where the hole is to search for her. 

"Heejin?" I yell as I pick up all the wood and debris trying to find her. I suddenly here laughing behind me. I know that voice. 

"Yeah, I don't think you're gonna find me down there." I turn around and wrap my arms around the smaller girl pulling her towards me tightly. I felt her tense up, but after a few seconds she finally gave in. I pulled away and examined her from what I could see.

"Holy crap I thought you were dead or something." I sighed heavily trying to calm down from the constant high I've been in. 

"No, when you decided to launch us through the wall Kaeun told me she would handle it. So, I went to go and hang out with two of my friends." oh. Does she have friends? she doesn't seem like the type to have friends. I gave her a smile and look at my watch again. Shoot I have twenty minutes to get there.

"I'm not gonna make it dang it." I kick the dirt harshly. 

"What do you mean?" Heejin asked me curiously. 

"I have plans with Yujin, Chaewon, and Yena at six thirty." I sigh and begin to walk towards the exit. When I didn't hear Heejin following me I turned around. She looked like she was in deep thought.

"I can get you there in time, but I need you to not freak out and hold on tightly." I raised an eyebrow at the slightly shorter girl.

"What do you mean?" As I was asking my question Heejin's bones started to crack and do weird things. Next thing I know There is a giant wolf with beautiful brown fur standing in front of me. My eyes get huge. Holy crap, how did she do that? 

-

"So how was dinner with your parents?" Chaewon asks me as she throws a piece of popcorn in . 

"Interesting," I say with a slight smirk. All three of the girls turn towards me and begin to laugh.