Chapter 14

Into the Woods


“Let’s leave the woods.” 

“Are you crazy?” What is going through this wolf’s head? Kaeun will literally kill both of us if she finds out we left the woods. 

“I’m tired of being cooped up in the woods also. I’ve never even interacted with an actual human person before. You don’t count because technically you were transitioning into a vampire when I found you.” No, this is definitely not a good idea. Before I could open my mouth Hyejoo started walking away.

“Do you even know how to get out of here?” I asked the determined girl. She stopped and turned around giving me a little smirk.

“I’ve seen Heejin exit this way several times. So I assume we’ll come to the back of the school Wonyoung and her attend.” I froze where I was. If heejin saw us we’d definitely be in trouble. “C’mon Yuri, don’t you want to see outside of the woods. We won’t be long, just for a few minutes.” The taller girl began to pout practically begging me to let us go. Ugh, fine, but I swear to God if we get in trouble I’m gonna beat her up.

-
“YAH Ahn Yujin let me out of here.” Yujin’s eyes widened at the Yena’s sudden outburst. The banging on the door continued and every time Chaewon’s would wince from the wood hitting her head. Yujin and Chaewon made eye contact for a long time before she spoke up.

“Chae, why don’t you just let her out? If the murderer was a big deal they would’ve made an announcement. Just let her leave.” Yujin sat on the floor right in front of Chaewon. The smaller girl lowered her head. Right after she did I saw a water droplet fall from her face. Is she crying? 

“I can’t let her leave. I can’t let any of you leave.” Yujin furrowed her eyebrows and stood back up. Wait, why can’t we leave? 

“Chaewon, it can’t be that serious. Just let her out of the bathroom before she formal never speaks to you again.” I spoke up trying to get to the radish-like girl. She looked up at me with her bloodshot eyes and tear-stained face and smiled. The smile was almost sadistic with how she looked right now. 

“If you won’t save her then I will Wonyoung.” What is she talking about? The smaller girl stood up from the floor and stood in front of me and Yujin. She tilted her head and nodded at me like she was urging me to respond. “Someone has to save her Wonyoung if you won’t.” 

“Chae, how could Wonnie save Yena? Why would she even need to save her?” Yujin asked with confusion etched on her face. Does Chaewon know about me? I turned away and headed towards the door and tried to grab the door nob, but before I could small hands wrapped around my wrist. 

“I told you that you couldn’t leave.” Chaewon’s dark brown orbs stared straight into mine with nothing I’ve ever seen before. Before I could respond to the distressed girl she whispered something. “I have to save all of you.” At this point I know she knows everything, but I just don’t know how. 

“Hey, guys sorry to break up whatever is happening over there but Yena is gone.” Chaewon snapped her head back faster than lightning and ran into the bathroom. How could she just escape? 

“She went the ing window, Jesus Christ,” Chaewon screamed and raced out the door. Oh god, this can’t be good. Oh god oh god oh god. What do I do?

“Wonyoung please stopped pacing the room. You are stressing me out!” Yujin sighed sitting on her bed running her hand through her hair. “What the hell is happening?” I have to go find them. 

“Yujin, stay here. Do not leave no matter what. Do you promise me?” I walked up the slightly shorter girl and grabbed her hands looking her in the eye. She furrowed her eyebrows for the nth time in the past 10 minutes.

“Okay I won’t leave, but where are you going?” I can’t tell her the truth or she’ll definitely follow me. I gave her a small smile and patted her head. 

“I have to go find Heejin for homework.” Yujin scoffed and shook my hands off of her. 

“Why are you lying Wonnie? We’re best friends were supposed to tell each other everything.” Yujin frowned at me while she crossed her arms. I frowned also. I wish I could tell her, but it’s really just not the right time. 

“Yujin I promise I’ll explain everything later, but I need you to trust me and to not leave this room no matter what.” She sighed and sat back down on her bed facing away from me.

“Okay, I won’t leave.”

-

Why are you so difficult you dumb duck? Why can’t you just listen to me once in your life? How far could you have gone anyway? Please be okay Yena, if anything happens to you I might die. Ah, I know where you are! I run as fast as my legs can take me to Yena and my favorite hiding spot, the roof of the gym. When I get to the top I see something that shatters my heart completely, Yena and Shuhua talking. God no, she can’t take her. 

“Stop!” I scream at the top of my lungs at the pair at the other end of the roof. Yena jumps out of fear while shuhua’s usual stone face stays the same. I walk with fury over to the pair. “Leave her alone.” 

“Chaewon what the hell are you doing here?” Yena asked with a hint of anger in her voice. It hurt to hear that, but that’s not the point here. I grab Yena’s sweater and tug her towards me. The slightly shorter girl grunted when I practically forced her behind me. Shuhua’s eyes flashed a red color. 

“We already had this talk, it’s her fate. She isn’t gonna live. Wonyoung chose not to come, so I have to take one of you to lure her to us.” Shuhua sighed as she stepped towards us. I held up my hand trying to halt her movements. 

“I’ll kill you. If you come any closer I will kill you.” Shuhua scoffed and laughed. She is actually laughing at me threatening to kill her. Yena ripped my hand off of her and moved away from both of us. 

“What the hell is happening?” Yena crossed her arms. I looked her in the eyes and I could tell she was scared. She wasn’t showing it right now, but for some reason, I could just tell she was terrified. Shuhua rolled her eyes and sat on the edge of the roof. 

“To be honest Yena, I'd kidnap you and take you into the woods, where we are gonna try and lure your friend Wonyoung. You’re most likely gonna die because master Song can’t have any humans knowing about us and he really doesn’t want to have to take care of any more baby vampires.” My mouth drops at Shuhua telling Yena and I her plan very nonchalantly. The raven-haired girl was picking at her nails acting like she just didn’t tell Yena to her face that they are gonna kill her. 

“You’re not taking anyone anywhere.” All three of our heads snapped to the sudden intruder's voice. You have got to be kidding me. WHY DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME? I told Wonyoung to stay there. Jesus Christ!

“Well, good you are here I can just take you.” Shuhua got up and dusted off her ripped black jeans and began walking towards Wonyoung. Oh, ing hell. I jumped in front of Wonyoung blocking Shuhua’s path towards her. 

“Move out of my way.” Shuhua tried to move me, but I shoved her hard and she flew back about ten feet. . I looked to my side and saw Yena looking at me with wide eyes absolutely terrified. Then I turned to Wonyoung who looked equally as shocked. Well, there goes my cover.