Chapter 17

Into the Woods

I run into my dorm and slam the door then locked it. Yujin jumped at my sudden entrance and put her hand over her chest trying to calm done from the scare I just gave her. I began to pace back and forth in our shared dorm. Okay so everyone knows about me now besides Yujin now. Chaewon is some supernatural being. Shuhua has been trying to kidnap me the whole time she’s been here and also tried to kill Yena to get to me. Yena is out there somewhere doing god knows what as Chaewon and Shuhua try and find her. Also, I haven’t seen Heejin in hours which is probably good if she knew all of this was happening she would have a fit. Then Kaeun would get involved, and she’s rather scary. 

“Please stop you’re stressing me out.” Yujin grabbed me by the shoulders and stopped me. I looked at the floor trying to prevent myself from having a panic attack. Yujin pulled me against her and hugged me tightly. I embraced her just as tightly as she was embracing me. I didn’t realize I was crying until Yujin pulled away and wiped my tears away with her sleeve. I don’t have time to be upset; I have to stay strong. 

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to get your shirt all wet.” I gave her a sad smile. Yujin shook her head and grabbed my hand pulling me to sit next to her on her bed. 

“We’re best friends; it would be rude of me not let you cry on my shirt.” She giggled and pushed my shoulder a bit jokingly. I laughed a bit at the funny girl whom I call my best friend. Our laughter soon subsided as Yujin began to fidget with her fingers and she broke eye contact with me. I sigh and turn my attention to anything but her. I know what she’s wondering, and I promised I would tell her, but I don’t think that is such a good idea. If I told her about the supernatural beings running around the woods outside the school and a few are inside the school, she would freak. I mean she’s already over dramatic about most things imagine if I told her this. What if she thinks I’m a freak and doesn’t want to be friends anymore. Wouldn’t she do that, right? 

“Chaewon and Shuhua are going to find Yena and bring her back,” I said out of nowhere trying to make the atmosphere a little less awkward. Yujin’s head popped up when I said Shuhua’s name, and it went back to watching her hands. 

“Why Shuhua? I thought Chaewon, and you were gonna bring her back?” Yujin looked back up and looked at the side of my face. Mainly because I couldn’t bring myself to look at her because if I do, I think I might spill it all. 

“We met her along the way, and she said she would help, so I came back here to check up on you,” I said trying to keep my voice as stable as possible so she couldn’t tell I was lying. Yujin scoffed and then stood up and then stood in front of me. I can feel her shadow on me, but I still can bring myself to look at her. She’s going to hate me either way. She’s either going to hate me for lying to her for the past months or for me being a freak. 

“Jang Wonyoung look at me.” I flinched a bit, but I didn’t look at the girl in front of me. My heart is beginning to race. I wish she would just let this go. After a few more seconds of awkward silence, I felt Yujin’s hand below my chin. Please don’t do it. She raised my chin and then I was suddenly looking her in the eye. Sadness overcame me as I saw the look of anger and sadness in Yujin’s eyes. 

“I’m sorry,” I said to the girl who is still holding my chin. Yujin sighed and looked at my eyes intensely as if she was scanning them for something. She let go of my chin and walked to the door. My eyes nearly popped out of my head as I watched the brown-haired girl grab the doorknob. I immediately shot up from the bed and grabbed the slightly shorter girls’ wrist. 

“Let go Wonyoung.” She didn’t even look at me as she said it. My heart began to sink further into my chest. 

“Yujin please don’t go. It’s not safe.” I tried to drag the girl from the door, but she yanked her arm out of my grip. She turned around fully facing me now and sighed. 

“Why? Why is it not safe?” She asked with annoyance etched in her voice. I know she’s tired of this. I would be too if the role were switched. 

“I can’t tell you,” I said just above a whisper. I’m ashamed of myself. I’m ashamed I can’t tell my best friend who I am and what's happening around me. Yujin rolled her eyes, and her hand went back to the doorknob, but before she did anything else, she snapped her body around and marched towards me until my back slammed into the wall. I groaned from the pain forming in my lower back. 

“Stop lying to me!” Yujin practically screamed right in my face. I turned my face trying to not look at the girl. “Ever since I met you you’ve been acting weird. At first, I thought that was just how you acted, but recently I’m to sure. You’re always with that loner freak Heejin doing whatever the hell you two do together. You two are always running into the woods together and staying in there for hours at a time. I mean what the hell are you two doing in there all the time? I also know that whatever is happening Chaewon knows about it and Shuhua also. I mean I can understand Chaewon, but Shuhua? I have never once seen you two hang out with each other if it isn’t with all of us. I thought we were best friends? Do you not trust me?” The tears began to resurface as Yujin’s speech came to an end. I didn’t realize how bad this was hurting her. Yujin finally lets me move away from the wall as she comes down from her high and plops back down on her bed. I wipe away the few stray tears that made there way out of my eyes and make me away over to the distressed girl. 

“I’ll tell you, but you have to promise not to hate me.” I grabbed Yujin’s hand and interlaced it with mine. She looked me in the eye and gave me a small smile.

“I could never hate you, no matter how angry you make sometimes.”

-

“I’ll spare your life if you lead me to the witch.” I laughed a loud annoying laugh at the blonde vampire who thought I would lead her to Wonyoung. The monster rolled her eyes and sighed walking in the direction of the woods. 

“Hey, where are you going?” I grab the taller girls wrist preventing her from going forward. She turned around and stared into my eyes with her cold dead dark brown orbs. A scowl began to form on her face as she removed my hand from her wrist. How can such a cute looking person look so cold? 

“Listen here wolf; if you don't lead me to the witch, then I’ll have to find her myself.” How is she going to find her in the woods though?

“Why are you going into the woods though?” I raised an eyebrow at the girl in front of me. 

“I have to by myself some time; my dad will kill Shuhua and me if we don’t bring her back. I have to stall for Shuhua.” Shuhua? Who is Shuhua? The vampire’s eyes turned very solemn as she was talking about this Shuhua girl. What if I help this girl and this Shuhua girl then they won’t take Wonyoung. No, I can’t that is a stupid idea. She would never let me help her, with the hour I’ve known this girl I can tell she’s very uptight and stubborn. The vampire turned back around and began to walk back into the woods. 

“Wait!” Well, here goes nothing. 

“What?” She tilted her head to the side slightly waiting for me to respond. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and moved closer to the blonde.

“Let me help you and this Shuhua girl.”