Chapter 15

Into the Woods

“You’re not taking anyone anywhere.” All three of our heads snapped to the sudden intruder's voice. You have got to be kidding me. WHY DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME? I told Wonyoung to stay there. Jesus Christ!

“Well, good you are here I can just take you.” Shuhua got up and dusted off her ripped black jeans and began walking towards Wonyoung. Oh, ing hell. I jumped in front of Wonyoung blocking Shuhua’s path towards her. 

“Move out of my way.” Shuhua tried to move me, but I shoved her hard and she flew back about ten feet. . I looked to my side and saw Yena looking at me with wide eyes absolutely terrified. Then I turned to Wonyoung who looked equally as shocked. Well, there goes my cover. 

-

Chaewon just launched Shuhua across the whole roof! Oh my god, what the hell is going on here? I look at Wonyoung who was suddenly staring down Chaewon with her curious eyes, then I turn to Shuhua who was groaning and holding her head while playing in a fetal position. Okay, since everybody is preoccupied I think it’s a good time to scoot before things escalate further. Wow, yena you’re such a genius. I begin to make my way over to the exit. Okay, you’re doing good Yena. No one has noticed you yet. Okay, I just need to open the door without any noise. I yank it open quickly and just ran leaving it ajar. Well, probably wasn’t the quietest solution, but it was the fastest and I have to get out of that crazy town up there. I run till I’m at the beginning of the woods and hide behind a tree and catch my breath. Okay, Yena lets just go through what we’ve found out so far. One, shuhua, the very cute girl is a vampire and is trying to kill me? Or someone? She’s trying to kill someone that's the point? Chaewon and Wonyoung somehow know about her and what she’s doing? Chaewon also seems to possess an unnatural strength for a girl her size. Wonyoung tried to save us but just ended being saved by Chaewon. Then I left. Wait, does Yujin have weird powers? Omg, am I the only without powers? Am I the only one who doesn’t know?!?!? Oh, I’m so gonna kill them if they survive this. 

Snap. What was that? I look all around me to find the source of the noise. 

“Hello?” I still hear the rustling. It seems that it’s getting closer. I gulp so loud I’m pretty sure they could hear it back on the roof a hundred yards away. I look up and I see it purple glowing eyes. I squint trying to get a better image of whatever creature this is. I can’t really see because it’s so dark. I click my tongue at it trying to get it to move so I can see it better. I’m pretty sure it’s a bird, but I could be wrong. “Hey come here little guy, I won’t bite.” I giggle a bit holding out my finger to it. In a flash, before I could even blink a blonde haired girl fell in front of me with glowing purple eyes and smiled at me with her pearly white teeth.

“But I might.” She smirked before opening and fangs began to form in . You have got to be kidding me right now. I froze on the spot, because what am I supposed to do? Clearly, she’s stronger and faster than me from how fast she came down that tree.  

“Please, I have a family and friends. I don’t wanna die.” The blonde girl’s face fell for a millisecond into sadness before she turned around and coughed grabbed a rock off the ground and began to play with it with in-between her fingers. 

“You’re Wonyoung’s friend right?” I nodded my head seeing if she thought I was friends with her she’d spare my life.

“Yes, we’re best friends. Her, Chaewon, Yujin, and I. We’re all best friends. Well, Chaewon has been acting weird lately and been avoiding us, but she’s still my best friend.” I sighed sitting down next to the blonde vampire. She raised an eyebrow at my sudden confidence. 

“You’re the girl shuhua has been hanging out with, I’m Yuqi by the way.” The blonde-haired girl whose name I now know is Yuqi shook my hand, and to no surprise, her touch is just as cold as Shuhua’s. Should I have known this was happening around me all along? 

“I’m Yena. I’m sure you already knew that though.” I sighed as the vampire in front of me smirked a bit. She seems friendly and more open then Shuhua. Well, other than the fact that she might have implied she would bite me earlier. 

“Your friends…..are they with Shuhua?” The blonde raised one of her perfectly shaped eyebrows as moved slightly closer to me. Why do I suddenly feel nervous? I took a step back and was met with the tree I was hiding behind earlier. “Don’t be scared Yena I’m not gonna hurt you. I promise.” She showed me her pearly white teeth as she smiled sweetly at me. I want to trust her for some reason. It’s like my gut is telling me to believe and trust her. 

“Uh yes, they are. Things were starting to get weird so I ran away to her and uh met you.” Yuqi made an ah noise as she nodded her head. 

“Well, I guess you’re gonna have to show me where they are. I’ve been trying to get a message to your friend Wonyoung for a long time.” She smiled sweetly at me, which made me smile a bit. Maybe I should go show her to them if what she has to say is really important that everybody is making such a big fuss about it. 

“Okay. I’ll show you.” 

-

“Woah, this school is huge!” I’ve never seen anything big in my whole life. Well, I’ve never left the woods so that's probably why. I turned to Yuri who was giggling. “Hey! Why are you laughing?” I punched her shoulder lightly.

“It’s just crazy to me that you’ve never seen a school before or anything like it I guess.” Her laughter stopped her turned into a warm smile. I guess she would have seen many buildings like this being that she was human until a couple months ago.

“Is this the school you went to?” Her laughter soon returned stronger than before. I furrowed my eyebrows at the crazy girl beside me. It was just a simple question. Why is she laughing so hard?

“Foxcroft? No way, this school is for the richest of the richest Hyejoo. I went to a public school about 10 miles away from here.” Yuri finally finished laughing as she pointed to the direction of her old school. I furrowed my eyebrows once again. How did she end up in the woods over here then?

“Yuri, how did you end up in the woods over here then that night,” I asked as we walked closer to the school admiring its stature. Yuri froze as I asked that question as if she was remembering something. I turned to the smaller girl waiting for her to respond, but she didn’t. “Yuri, you okay?” I waved my hand in front of her face trying to get her attention. She shook her head and turned to me with a small smile.

“Sorry, um I used to go there with my grandfather so I visit sometimes…I um got lost.” She halted her story completely. Why is she acting so weird? 

“Maybe we should go back to camp?” I know I had the idea of coming out here, but Yuri doesn’t seem likes she okay. Before Yuri could even respond I heard rustling in the woods. Closing my eyes I tried to sense where and what it is. 

…..oh god

“What the hell are you two doing?” Before I could even turn around I’m being dragged by my color along with Yuri back into the woods. When we reached a few feet into the woods we were both dropped and met by no other than Jeon Heejin. I wince when I hear her groan. 

“Heej, it’s my fault I thought Yuri and I could just go look outside the woods for a bit.” I tried to reason with the angered girl, but she clearly wasn’t having any of it. The older girl growled at me, that's when I knew to shut up. I might be higher up in rank than Heejin and have been a werewolf for much longer, but that doesn’t change that fact that she’s much stronger and scarier when she’s angry.

“You two are the dumbest people on earth. What if someone saw you? How could I clean that up? They would definitely search for two teenage girls all alone by the woods and eventually they would find the pack. Are you really willing to risk everyone's lives there? Are you?” Heejin practically screamed those last two words. Heejin took her focus off of me and turned to Yuri.

“As for you, you should know better. You know how people are out there. You know people are scared of what they understand. If they found us they would kill us all in a heartbeat. They wouldn’t care that we had babies and children. You know why? Because Yuri, we are no longer human beings. We aren’t ‘normal’. Whatever you were two months ago, that isn’t you anymore. Whether you like it or not you will accept it because you will not risk everyone's life because you are selfish and dumb.” Heejin finally stopped yelling at Yuri and sat down trying to catch her breath. 

“I’m sorry.” I snapped my head to Yuri as began crying. I’ve never seen her cry this hard before. Sure I’ve seen a tear here and there, but never flowing like this she was practically sobbing. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She quickly accepted my embrace as she played her head on chest. I rubbed her long dark brown hair over and over again. 

“Get back to the camp. I’ll tell Kaeun about this later.” Heejin got up with her stone face and rubbed off the dirt on her pants walking past us. Gosh, why is this girl such a sometimes? 

“Why does she hate me?” Yuri lifted her head and asked in-between her sobs. My face fell when she asked that question. Heejin doesn’t hate her. She’s just looking out for her.

“She doesn’t hate you. She’s just always really serious and has a lot oh her plate with Wonyoung and everything.” Yuri’s sobs finally subsided and she began to fry her eyes with her sleeves as she left my embrace. 

“Every time she sees me at the camp its like she walks the other way to avoid me.” The smaller girl sighed and frowned. Why does she look so cute when she frowns. Ugh, I just want to pinch her cheeks. 

“She’s just busy. I’m sure she doesn’t mean it.” I patted the smaller girls hair and looped my arm around hers pulling us into the direction of the camp. “Let’s go before Heejin comes back and yells at us some more.” 

-

I was definitely too mean. Yuri and Hyejoo didn't deserve all of that. I'm just a little heated because Wonyoung was supposed to come in for some more training with Sakura today, but she didn't. I told her that she would have to skip her stupid Friday movie night with her friends. Why does she never listen to me? As I make my way to the school I see two people walking towards the gym. I can't really see that good from here. What is that smell? It kinda smells like death. What? Oh . I look closer and see Yena walking with a girl who is clearly a vampire. Oh, ing hell.

"Yena!" I scream and the girl turns to my direction with wide eyes along with the blonde vampire who gives me a smile. I run up to the pair as fast as I can a grab Yena's arm.

"Let her go. We have business to attend to mut." The blonde tries to grab Yena back, but I shove her by my side.

"Over my dead body," I growl at the vampire in front of me. My eyes shine a bright yellow and my fangs pop out. The blonde scoffed and then smirked at me.

"If you insist."