Chapter 12

Into the Woods

"I know what you are."

-

A soft laugh leaves my mouth when Chaewon reviles that she knows what I am. How could this puny teenage girl figure out what I am? I step back and raise an eyebrow at the younger girl. 

"Then what am I?" Her sharp glare didn't leave my equally as cold stare. I knew there was something different about this girl the second I got here. She is different also, and that is for sure. The younger girl scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Don't play games with me Shuhua, I've known since you came here. I never felt the need to bring it up until I found this letter laying on Wonyoung's desk." She raised up the small note that I gave Wonyoung at lunch earlier today. Damn that stupid witch. How could she leave it laying around for anyone to see? "Whatever you plan on doing I'd advise you not to. It will probably end badly for you. I don't understand what kind of feud you have with the pack of wolves on the west end of the woods, but do not bring Wonyoung into it." I scoffed and sat again at the table me and Yena were at moments before. 

"I don't know what exactly you are Kim Chaewon, but you have no idea what's going on in the woods between us. We need that witch." Chaewon sighed and sat in the chair across from mine. 

"I don't care about you bloodsuckers and those mutts, but do not bring my friends into this. I know why you are always hanging around Yena and she didn't listen to me when I was trying to get her to avoid you. If you even harm one little hair on her head, I will kill you." I rose my eyebrows at the sudden burst of confident coming out of the tiny girl. I can't control the future and unfortunately, Yena doesn't have one. It isn't my fault. 

"She isn't gonna live Chaewon, it makes sense now, however. You aren't human and Wonyoung would rather die than see Yujin die so it makes sense that it's Yena. Wonyoung isn't gonna come tomorrow and she has probably even told that wolf she hangs out with. She is gonna give me no option but to take Yena." I basically said all my thoughts out loud, which probably wasn't smart. I looked towards the orange haired girl and saw a scowl begin to form on her face. 

"You can't kill her, I won't let you. I love her!" Chaewon says as tears begin to stream down her face. The next thing I saw was two glowing tails coming from behind Chaewon. My eyes widened probably to the point where they were about to bust out of my head. I looked back up at Chaewon whose tears were now freely following as she laid her head on the desk. I looked around the room and it was completely empty, just me and her. What is she? I looked back to where the tails were previously only for it to be gone. Where did it go? I looked back up at Chaewon who was almost back to her normal state. "I don't care what happens, but if Yena dies you will surely regret it. I will make sure you live in torment for as long as I live or you live." 

"I don't decide who gets to live and die in this game I'm only a small piece in it." Chaewon was finally back to her normal state as she stood up. Should I ask her about her tails? I really don't like not knowing what she is. Whatever, I'm gonna ask anyway. "What are you?" I asked standing up following Chaewon to the exit of the library. Chaewon immediately stopped and turned around with a smirk on her face. My curiosity was growing stronger. 

"I can't give away my identity, but I'll tell you one thing bloodsucker, I wouldn't mess with me. I let you stay here previously because I was waiting to see your intentions. Now that I know what they are I would be careful what you say and do." What the hell is this girl? Ugh, why is my head pounding? I need to close my eyes. When I open them again, I'm in the woods. Why am I in the woods? I suddenly hear a girl screaming. Wait, that's my little sister. There is no way, she died 70 years ago. I begin running in the direction of the screaming, but it keeps getting quieter and quieter. 

"Yeojin? Yeojin? Where are you?" I scream as I try following the screams. I hear a wailing noise that is ear shattering. I finally get to where the screaming was located.

"Shuhua, please help me." I shut my eyes trying to wake up from this awful nightmare. This isn't real Shuhua, you need to wake up. I look up and see my sister clearly. This isn't real. Yeojin is dead, she has been dead for decades. "Shuhua, he's coming. Please help me, he is gonna kill me." No. NO. This isn't real. Suddenly a tall figure comes from the mist into the opening where my sister is standing. I hear her scream again and something tells me I should run and save her, so that's what I did. Why am I not getting any closer? I feel like I'm running in place. The man gets closer to my sister and I recognize him instantly, Master Song. I suddenly stop in my tracks, I've seen this before. Master Song finally reaches my helpless little sister and gave me a little smirk. 

"This isn't real," I say out loud hoping it will help me believe it. My sister screams loudly as he grabs her by her shoulder and digs his fangs into her neck. I freeze in place not being able to move. I hear her continue to scream as he digs his fangs into her skin. "STOP!" I scream at Master Song, but he doesn't stop. I feel my body start to shiver as my sister lets out one more screech before her eyes roll into the back of her head and she falls. I try to get up and run to her, but when I look down I am tied up to a chair and can't move. "NO! let me go!" I scream and begin to cry. Please make it stop. Please, this isn't real. I squeeze my eyes really tight and open them again and I am on the library floor and my body is wet from me sweating. I look up and I see Chaewon give me a tiny smirk. I suddenly am engulfed and anger and get up and grab the younger girls' neck. 

"Woah there, calm down shuhua. What's wrong?" Chaewon kept that dumb smirk on her face. I shoved her against the wall holding her up by her neck.

"What the hell did you do to me? How did you do that?" I asked as my eyes turned a red color. Chaewon tried to talk, but she couldn't due to me constricting her lungs. I scoff and throw her to the ground. She got up angrily and her eyes began to flash different colors before she squeezed her eyes shut and opened them. 

"I told you not to mess with me Shuhua. I swear I'll make your life a living hell." This girl is really starting to piss me off. What the hell is she? 

"What the hell are you and how did you do that to me?" I practically screamed at the girl. She chuckled a bit at my question. She picked up the chair that fell when I slammed her against the wall and she sat on it.

"Guess." What? What is she talking about?

"Guess? Do you think this is a game? I am being serious right now. Tell me what you are." Chaewon rolled her eyes then crossed her legs playing with the hem of her sweater. 

"You are no fun. C'mon guess." She said with a hint of enthusiasm in her voice. Is she on drugs? What the hell?

"Are you freaking crazy? You just showed me my already dead sister's death all over again and made me believe it was real. What is wrong with you? You're a psychopath." I saw Chaewon freeze when I said, psychopath. She is beginning to get angry again. 

"Don't call me that." Chaewon stood up and walked towards me with a scowl on her face. Maybe she is crazy. 

"Tell me what you are," I said in a stern tone. Chaewon sighed and turned around where she wasn't facing me anymore. 

"Fine, I'm a Kitsune." Fox? Oh my god. There is no way, I thought those were only myths. She turned around with her eyes glowing a bright orange. "I made you hallucinate seeing your dead sister die again to make you scared of me. I have to save my friends Shuhua, they are all I have left." I saw her eyes suddenly get sad and her face drop. Maybe she isn't a psychopath. 

"I told you I can't help what happens to your friends. I also hate to break it to you, but if I don't bring Wonyoung back I have to bring Yena or Yujin or he is gonna kill me." 

-

Where is Heejin? I haven't seen her all day I need to tell her about that note. Holy crap I'm gonna die. I'm not ready to die I'm only sixteen. I thought Yena said Shuhua was nice. Ugh Yena, why did you have to become friends with her? I'm just not gonna go and then I won't die. UGH, I can't do that because she'll kill one of my friends. Yujin could probably put up a fight and Shuhua seems to like Yena, welp poor Chaewon. She'll definitely die she's so scrawny. Wonyoung what the heck are you talking about you can't let your friends die. Okay, I should go tell Sakura, Hyewon, and Haseul. They'd definitely know what to do. Shuhua did say that if I told anyone that she'd kill all my friends. Well, this is a losing situation no matter what. Why does this always happen to me?

"What are you doing out here? It's getting pretty late don't you think." I turned around quickly recognizing the voice and giving the smaller girl a smile. 

"Heejin! Where have you been all day?" Heejin laughed at my enthusiasm and sat next to me on the bench. I smiled finally being surrounded with familiarity. 

"I was going to visit the pack and when I got there they were in a rumble. Yuri, the hybrid was figured out and Kauen and the rest of the pack had a cow. Kaeun decided to let Yuri stay as long as she doesn't cause any problems though." Wow, she had an eventful day also. We fell into a comfortable silence for a while until Heejin broke it. "I've been having a weird feeling lately. I didn't want to say anything till I was completely sure, but I feel like there is a vampire lurking around here so be careful." My eyes widen as I look down at my shoes at the sudden realization that I came to. Shuhua is a vampire, she is a vampire from the Song Clan. I really am gonna die. 

"Why do I need to be careful again? Do you know what they would want from me?" I asked trying to get some answers. Heejin furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at me.

"I don't know exactly but they would probably either kill you or try to get you to help them kill are pack. So, you need to stay away from them, they are dangerous." I gulped as I listened to heejin. Well, I'm either gonna die or get forced kill my new friends. The question is who matters more My friends here or my friends there. People are most likely gonna die no matter what I choose. I do really only have one choice though, I have to meet Shuhua tomorrow night. I have to try and save as many people as possible. 

"I'm getting tired, I'm gonna go to bed." I felt all my emotions leave my body. I feel empty. Heejin got up also with me and gave me a confused look.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she grabbed my hand and rubbed my palm with her thumb. I gave her the realist smile that I have and replied with a small yes and began my journey back to my dorm. I have to save them.