Chapter 16

Into the Woods

[TW] I don't really think it's that needed but just in case.

 

Chapter 16

I was definitely too mean. Yuri and Hyejoo didn't deserve all of that. I'm just a little heated because Wonyoung was supposed to come in for some more training with Sakura today, but she didn't. I told her that she would have to skip her stupid Friday movie night with her friends. Why does she never listen to me? As I make my way to the school I see two people walking towards the gym. I can't really see that good from here. What is that smell? It kinda smells like death. What? Oh . I look closer and see Yena walking with a girl who is clearly a vampire. Oh, ing hell.

"Yena!" I scream and the girl turns to my direction with wide eyes along with the blonde vampire who gives me a smile. I run up to the pair as fast as I can and grab Yena's arm.

"Let her go. We have business to attend to mut." The blonde tries to grab Yena back, but I shove her by my side.

"Over my dead body," I growl at the vampire in front of me. My eyes shine a bright yellow and my fangs pop out. The blonde scoffed and then smirked at me.

"If you insist." Before I knew it the blonde vampire launched herself at me. She tackles me to the ground and she latches her hands onto my throat. Her grip on my hot gets tighter and tighter. I grab her wrists and with all my power I ripped her hands off of me and threw her across the field. I grab my throat and massage it trying to lessen the pain. 

“Who are you?” I scream at the blonde vampire getting off the ground. She walks fast towards me as her eyes flash a bright purple color. I froze in shock realizing what I’m dealing with. This girl is definitely high up in whatever clan she’s in. I look over trying to find Yena, but she is nowhere in sight. , where did she go?

“Who am I?” The blonde vampire scoffed again and began to look around. I’m assuming she’s trying to find Yena who seems to have run away. I smile a bit realizing Yena is definitely safer wherever she ran off to than here. 

“She’s gone so you can tell me why you’re here and why you need Yena.” I scowl at the slightly taller girl. She snaps her head over to me and sighs. I raise an eyebrow at the vampire whose beginning to look really distraught. 

“I’m trying to save my friend's life. I’m sorry but if one of you’re friends have to die for mine to live then that’s how it’s gonna be.” She looked at me with a stern look. What is she even talking about? 

“Yena is not my friend. She’s just an acquaintance.” I told the blonde realizing that she thinks me and Yena are friends. The blonde rolls her eyes and furrows her eyebrows.

“Then why did you try to save her from me?” 

“She’s a good friend of mines close friend. She would be devastated if anything happened to her. I’m sorry but I can’t allow you to take her for whatever reason you need to.” I walk closer to the blonde and my eyes flash yellow then back to brown. She begins to laugh her head off. What in the world? Is this girl on crack? 

“You think I want that human? She’s only bait for who I’m really here for.” What the hell is she talking about?

-

“Let me go!” 

“No, you filthy bloodsucker!” 

“Chaewonie, we need to go find Yena. Let her go it has been almost an hour!” 

“Not till she agrees to leave us all alone.” Chaewon’s grip on Shuhua’s jacket intensifies. How in the world am I gonna get her to let go of Shuhua? Shuhua laughs and leans her head back. 

“Fine.” 

“What?”

“Huh?” Did she just agree to leave us all alone? This can’t be right, it must be a trick. Chaewon looks at me with a concerning look then back to the raven-haired vampire. Why would she give up that easily?

“I’m tired of this. Just kill me. Please, just kill me.” Chaewon’s grip on Shuhua visibly loosened. My eyes snapped to Shuhua trying to scan her seemingly lifeless eyes. She’s alive, but it doesn’t seem like it. Chills are running throughout my whole body at the vampire’s words. 

“What? What are you even talking about?” Chaewon sat her against a wall and stepped back next to me. Shuhua just stayed where Chaewon left her not moving at all. Shuhua looked up at us with her cold lifeless eyes. The chills that were already on my body multiplied. 

“I don’t care anymore. I have nothing. My mom and dad are dead. That man killed my little sister. Everyone in that clan treats me like I’m dirt and I’m tired of it. So please, chaewon I’m begging you. Please just kill me so I don’t have to go through this anymore.” Chaewon visibly flinched at Shuhua’s words. She sounds so I don’t know broken? Seeing her around school I always thought she was confident and had everything. Clearly, I was wrong. I looked at Chaewon who was staring at the ground. 

“I can’t kill you. No matter how angry you make me and how much I’ve wanted to since the day you came here, I just can’t.” Chaewon walked over to Shuhua and reached out her hand to the distraught girl. The vampire tilted her head I’m adducing trying to figure out what Chaewon was doing. I would know because I’m doing the same. 

“What are you doing?” Shuhua asked the red-haired girl. I saw chaewon slightly smile for the first time tonight making me even more confused. What is happening?

“We are gonna help you. I’m sure you know Wonyoung is a powerful witch I mean that's why you’re here. You also know how powerful I am. We’re gonna protect. I know that no matter what you say shuhua you aren’t a bad person. I know that you don’t actually want Yena dead and that you care for her deeply.” Shuhua scoffs as she stands back up fixing her leather jacket. 

“I don’t need you or that witches help and I definitely don’t care about anyone or anything.” Shuhua turns away and begins to stand on the edge of the roof.” Chaewon smirks and walks over to Shuhua and stands next to her on the edge. These two girls are making me so nervous right now. Why do they need to stand on the edge of the roof?

“Then explain to me why you were crying in the bathroom over Yena’s future.” What? Shuhua’s head snapped to Chaewon’s smirking face. 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Shuhua’s voice seemed to shake a bit as she said that. Does Shuhua actually like Yena? 

“I think you know exactly what I’m talking about.” 

-Flashback- 

I haven’t talked to Yena in almost a week. It’s really starting to put a toll on me. I can honestly feel my happiness draining away from me. I know its dumb that I haven’t talked to over something so simple as her hanging out with Shuhua a lot lately. I guess I didn’t realize how much it would hurt to not always be with Yena until I wasn’t. I know what Shuhua is, I found out a couple days after she came. I don’t know why she’s here, but I’m sure she’s up to no good. As I walked by an empty classroom I hear someone crying. I walk back to the door and open wider than it was before and I see Shuhua sitting at a desk with her head on the table crying. Why is she crying? I close my eyes trying to get inside of Shuhua’s head without her noticing.

“Shuhua pull yourself together. If you get too attached to Yena then you’ll just get your heart broken again. You know what lies in her future or really the lack of future.” What the hell is she talking about? “God, why do all the people I love always die? I wish I could save her.” What is this dumb vampire talking about? Why would Yena die? I can’t let Yena die, I love her. 

“Hey, Chaewon have you seen Wonyoung?” I quickly leave Shuhua’s brain and put my attention on the werewolf in front of me. God, I almost had a heart attack. Why did she sneak up on me like that? I step away from the door and put my hand on my chest trying to calm myself down. Heejin raises an eyebrow at my sudden outburst. 

“Uh, no I haven’t seen her sorry.” I quickly leave the werewolf and walk quickly out of the building trying my best to get away from those dumb creatures who seem to be getting my friends in all kinds of trouble. How could there be so many supernatural creatures running around this school and nobody notices it? I guess humans really are the dumbest animals alive. 

-

“You went inside of my head?” Shuhua raised her voice at Chaewon. My eyes widened at the vampires sudden outburst. That's really what she got out of that story? Not that she basically confessed that she’s in love with Yena. 

“Don’t mistake my intentions Shuhua. I’m not saving you because I want to. I’m only doing it because if Yena knows you’re a vampire now she would be very upset if anything happened to you. I’m only doing this because of Yena and Yena only bloodsucker. So I can’t let you kill yourself.” Chaewon narrowed her eyes at the raven-haired girl. Is there something I’m missing here? 

“Well, at least Yena has shown some sort of romantic interest in me,” Shuhua smirked and jumped off the edge of the roof back onto the roof. Chaewon’s eyes immediately closed and she turned away from both of us. What is happening? Why do I never know what’s happening? 

“What is happening?” My voice seemed to startle the duo as they both put their attention on me. Suddenly I feel really uncomfortable. 

“I forgot you were here.” Well, I suddenly feel way less important in whatever is happening. Shuhua smirked patted my head. Why is she touching me? My eyes widen at the cold girls hand touching me. 

“You are so adorable Wonyoung. I’m sorry that your life is probably gonna get a lot more complicated. You are so young, you don’t deserve all of this.” I titled my head at the vampire sudden confession. What is she talking about?

“What are you talking about and also you’re only like a year or two older than me.” Shuhua laughed a little at me and then smiled. I think this is the first time I’ve actually seen her genuinely smile. 

“Wonyoung I’m like 90 years old.” My eyes widen at the vampires statement. 

“Oh my god, you’re so old. You’re like a grandma.” Chaewon scoffed and finally left the edge and walked over to us.

“That is not important right now. Wonyoung please listen to me this time and go back to your dorm and stay with Yujin.” Chaewon looked me sternly in the eyes and I knew she meant business. She then put her attention on Shuhua who cleared .

“What do you want me to do?” Shuhua and Chaewon were having a silent staring contest that was starting to make me really uncomfortable. 

“Stay with me I can’t trust that you’re not gonna go off somewhere and kill yourself. We’re gonna go find Yena.” Shuhua nods and then looks at me directly in the eye.

“When we bring Yena to you, you can’t let her leave no matter what. I mean it Wonyoung I don’t care if you have to put one of your witchy spells on her. Don’t let her leave.” I’ve never seen someone so sincere with their words. I nodded my head and turned around and began my journey back to my dorm. 

-