Chapter 1

Into the Woods

“Wonyoung, you were supposed to put your stuff in the car 30 minutes ago” My mom yelled at me from the front door. 

 

“I’m coming, calm down” My mom is always in a big rush and I have no idea why. Toady is my first day of school at Foxcroft since my dad is the new principle. We are moving onto the school since it’s a boarding school. I’ve heard many rumors about this school which makes it kinda more scarier than it needs to be. I’m sure it’ll be fine though, right?

 

“Sweetie your dad left 20 minutes ago because he said you were taking too long. You know you have to get to your dorm before you can even go to class so you need to hurry up.” Our house is literally 20 minutes away and school starts in an hour. I think we’ll be fine.

 

-

 

Wrong. It took us 45 minutes to get here because of traffic. When I finally got my room key I had five minutes to get to class, which I have no idea where its at. Of course this would be happening to me. 

 

“Hey! Are you lost?” A girl with brown hair that goes to her shoulders asked me. She had a lollipop sitting in and smirked at me. Why was she looking at me like that?

 

“Uh yea I am. Do you know where I can find 10th grade Chemistry?” I asked walking over to her showing her my schedule. She glanced over it and she looked back up at me and smiled. This girl is weird, why does she just stare without saying anything it makes me feel awkward. 

 

“That’s actually my first class so I can show you. We also just so happen to be roommates Jang Wonyoung.” How in the world does this girl know my name. Is she a stalker? Should I run away? Oh god why does this always happen to me? Haven’t I been good to the world? When am I gonna get some good karma?

 

“Woah, don’t have a panic attack newbie I saw your name on your schedule plus I know that we’re roommates because it says it on our door. My name is Ahn Yujin by the way.” Oh that makes more sense. 

 

“Oh haha well we have like 2 minutes till class starts, so?” I saw her eyes get really big which almost made me roll my eyes.

 

“Oh my god, I almost forgot. Hurry up lets go.” The weird girl whose name I just found out was Yujin said as she drug me across the field to a big building. She opened the door and ran us a bit down the hallway and into a classroom as soon as the bell rang. I let out a sigh and tried to catch my breath before continuing to move. As I looked up there was only one seat open and that just so happened to be next to her, great. 

 

“No food in my class, Yujin. I know it has been a year, but the rules still apply.” The teacher said with a stern voice towards yujin my apparent seat mate. Yujin scoffed launching her lollipop into the trashcan next to her.

 

“You would think they would make some more rules for our safety after what happened last year instead of this stupid rule.” Yujin huffed while pulling a cute notebook with a unicorn on the front cover.

 

“Yujin, what happened last year was an accident those girl shouldn’t have wondered out alone. You already know all of this.” The teacher spit back at yujin with fire in her eyes. 

 

“Even if it was an accident what about Heejin? Why didn’t y’all help her?” The whole room went silent. So silent I could hear the girl breathing in the back corner when I was in the front middle. Who was heejin? What are they even talking about? Why is this room so tense?

 

“Yujin, I think it would be best if you go to the principle's office. I’ll meet you there in a minute after I take role.” Yujin scoffed for the millionth time throwing her stuff into her bag and marching out of the room. Why is this school so weird? The teacher soon followed right after her. I looked around the class and everyone was doing their own thing. Don’t people usually have conversations with each other when the teacher leaves the room, heck even when their in the room. I really wanna go home. 

 

-In the Woods-

 

“Heejin, Kaeun wants to speak with you.” 

 

“Why? What could I have possibly done this time?” I scoffed throwing a rock in the air then catching it multiple times. I hate it here, I want my old life back. 

 

“You know what you did heej. Just go before Kaeun gets angry like last time.” The girls stern face said it all. This wasn’t a joke anymore. Sooyoung is one of the only ones in this place that watches out for me actually shows me some kindness. Her girlfriend Jiwoo is nice also, but can be a little too nice sometimes. Sometimes it just feels fake. I roll my eyes and drop the rock walking further into the woods to where are pack stays. No one has ever found us surprisingly, no one cares enough to walk miles and miles into the woods in the middle of nowhere I guess. As I get to the main house I hear many people rushing around frantically screaming orders at people. I knock on the door then walk in. I see many of our servants talking to kaeun our leader. She raises her eyes to mine and I freeze. I’m not scared of anyone, but sometimes kaeun can be scary and she has the power to end my life in an instant. 

 

“Come” it was a simple command, but very effective. All the servants scurry out the door and I walk to stand in front of kaeun who is sitting at her desk filling out some papers. She doesn’t say anything for a bit, but she does motion me to sit in front of her. I’m pretty sure I know what this is about it’s what its always about.

 

“Look I didn’t even go that far out I was just on the edge of the woods. I wanted to wa-“

 

“Thats not what this is about Heejin.” Oh? I tilt my head in confusion, then what could it be about? She finally lifted her head from her papers staring me right in the eye as she leans back in her chair.

 

“Then what is it about?”

 

“I want you to enroll back into Foxcroft.” My eyes widen and my mouth falls open. No one is allowed out of the woods and she wants me to go back to school after I’ve been missing for a year. 

 

“What do you mean? I don’t understand, you always get mad about me even go two miles away from our pack and now you want me to leave the camp completely? Aren’t you scared someone will find out about us?” I spit out all these questions so fast that when I’m done I lost my breath. Kaeun sighed and nodded her head as if she’s comprehending everything I’m saying. 

 

“The Song vampire clan has found out our location, and there is a witch at that school. A very powerful witch who can help us stay safe from then.” 

 

“There is a witch at foxcroft? Even when I was there?” I cocked my head in confusion. How come she didn’t help stop the killings?

 

“No, she just arrived, I need you to find her and bring her back. I heard she is very powerful. One of the most powerful witches to date. We need her heejin to stay safe. So find her and bring her to us, then you’ll come back and stay with us.” 

 

“So what I’m hearing is that I have to go find a witch out of 100s of girls and somehow persuade her to come miles into the woods to help a group of werwolves stay safe from vampires?”

 

“Yes, thats exactly it, you’ll be enrolling tomorrow.” Kaeun said as she dismissed me with her hands. As I get up to leave I remember something.

 

“Does she perhaps have a name?” 

 

“Yes, Jang Wonyoung” kaeun smiled at me shooing me out of her office. Well, witch girl I’m coming for you.

 

-