CHAPTER 15: You Are Worth The Wait

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

My hands are wet and shaking. I cannot sit steadily on our sofa. I feel like I'm gonna throw up any minute. This long anticipation and unnecessary long camera focus before every announcement is killing me right now. I casually keep walking back and forth with the remote control on my hand.

 

"Hey, can you just sit down? I get dizzy just by watching you." My big brother, Choi Sung Min told me. He is sitting on the sofa with popcorn and soda on his hands.

 

This line might be familiar to you because this was how exactly the same emotions I’m feeling right now.

 

But this time...

 

...it’s not about Idol School.

 

My brother placed the soda and popcorn on the center table and he stood up and he grabbed me down on the sofa so I could stay in place. “There. Finally, I can watch in peace.”

 

He picked up the soda and the popcorn on the center table and he continued watching the replay of the first elimination ranking announcement of Produce 48. He didn’t get to watch it on the day it was aired because he fell asleep. He’s too confident that her cute little ducky sister will get through the next round so he didn’t bother to stay up that late just to watch the show.

 

He stared at me as I fidgeted my hands out of restlessness. “What are you so nervous about?”

 

“I uhhh... I don’t... I....” I stuttered.

 

“Hmmm” He narrowed his eyes at me “I don’t understand why you’re so nervous. You’re not even eliminated and you’ll never be eliminated.” He pointed at the TV screen when my name got called.

 

“Huh?” I shook my head a little. “No! It’s not about that.”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“It... It’s... It’s our... It’s our first date... to... today.” I dropped my head because I was too shy to say that.

 

 “YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE A DATE WITH YURI TODAY?!” He was so shocked that he accidentally spilled some popcorn on the floor.

 

“Ye... Yes.” My heart was skipping a beat when I heard that.  It felt like that this was just a dream. I never thought that I would date the girl that I really like and adore for a long time. I’m indeed winning in this life.

 

“WAIT. WHAT!? HOLD UP!” He sat upright. “IS YURI YOUR GIRLFRIEND NOW?”

 

“Well... Uhmm.” I scratched my cheeks. “It’s not yet.”

 

He titled his head at the side and he narrowed his eyes at me. “What do you mean?”

 

I lifted up my head and I relaxed my back on the couch. “Well... Uhmm... We will both figure out that today.” I sighed deeply. “That’s why I’m really nervous.” I looked at him helplessly. “What if things don’t work out later? I’m scared that she might slip away from me. I’ve been waiting for this day for my whole life. I don’t want to mess it up.”

 

He smiled at me “I think I should tell this to you.” He placed the soda and the popcorn on the center table.

 

“What is it?” I looked at him as I listened to him intently.

 

“Do you remember the day when we were watching the finale of Idol School and I was really clueless at that time why you’re crying suddenly?” He gave me a soft smile.

 

I nodded. “Yea... Yes. What about it?” I was really embarrassed as I remember that moment.

 

“That was the start of the moment that you became yourself.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You’re holding back so much before.” He paused for a while before speaking up again. “I mean, you’re still the cute, bubbly, and energetic Yena that we know but sometimes when you’re all alone everything is different. You feel like no one in this world will understand you.”

 

I just nodded softly and I just kept on listening.

 

“But when the Idol School came, you’re slowly changing in a good way.” He picked up his soda on the center table and he sipped it. “At least I know you’re finally becoming yourself and you’re slowly not holding back anymore even though you’re becoming more secretive.”

 

“What?” I laughed embarrassingly. “What do you mean I’m becoming more secretive?” I lightly elbowed his torso.

 

“You thought I wouldn’t notice, would you?” He smirked. “Every time Idol School is starting to air, you quickly run inside your room and you locked your door so no one can disturb you.” He laughed softly. “I know why you’re watching the live steam on your phone instead because the WIFI is getting slower and also mom and dad are using the TV at the same time slot with Idol School and you don’t want to disturb them...” He paused for a second and he playfully raised his eyebrows at me. “...or you don’t want to become too obvious that you like a participant on Idol School.”

 

“Yaaaaaah!” My cheeks blushed and I lightly his arm.

 

He looked at me teasingly. “I know that you like someone on that show but I really don’t have any clue who was it because you won’t tell anything about it. You used to tell me everything especially what’s on your mind and I was really surprised when you didn’t tell me anything about Idol School since I know that you’re secretly watching it.”

 

I bit my lip because I was so embarrassed at the moment. I never knew that he would notice it.

 

“But” He rested his available hand on my shoulder. “I’m really happy that she came into your life because she brought out the best in you.” He placed the soda back on the center table and he looked at me intently. “Now, what do you think the main reason is why she chose you?”

 

“I uhmmm... I don’t uhmmm... I... It’s...” I looked away as I realized something important “It’s because I am who I am.”

 

“Exactly” He lightly shook my shoulders for a bit. “Just be yourself.” He winked at me.

 

“Eww” I gave him a disgusted and playful look and he laughed at me. “Thanks big bro.” I quickly hugged him. He was surprised at first but he patted my back. “You’re always welcome ducky. Anyway, what are your plans for your first date?”

 

I broke the hug and I stood up from the sofa because it’s time to get ready for the most anticipated event in this story.

 

I looked at him and gave him a smirk “I prepared for this.”

 

-==-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

MEANWHILE AT STONE MUSIC’S DORM...

[[YURI’S POV]]

 

“What do you think?” I asked Sian who’s sitting on my bunk bed while showing her the clothes that I picked for my first date with Yena later.

 

Yup. You read it right.

 

IT’S OUR FREAKING OFFICIAL FIRST DATE.

 

The author wanted to emphasize it because she didn’t want all of you to have trust issues with her.

 

It’s indeed happening fam.

 

“Hmmm.” Sian narrowed her eyes at the clothes that I’m holding. “Naaah. You shouldn’t wear that one.”

 

I sighed as I went back to my closet to pick up another clothes. I really wanted to give my best look today because it’s a special day for me. This is my first date ever in my life and I never went on dates like this before and I’m honestly freaking out because I had no idea what to freaking do. That’s why I called Sian to give me her opinion on this even though I’m not sure if I should really asked her about this because her mind really works on mysterious and weird ways. I wanted to ask Gyu Ri and Eun Young but they’re not here. It’s been two days since the start of our short break. So probably, they’re having their own time for themselves.

 

“How about this one?” I showed her my oversized black tees and ripped jeans with beanie.

 

Sian raised her eyebrow at me. “Nope. You ain’t wearing that one. You looked like a trying hard thug gangster who’s ready to pick up a fight. Are you trying to rob a store or something?” She released a quick sigh. “And what’s wrong with your face? Did you sleep well last night?”

 

“Uhmm.” I turned my back around. “I can’t sleep well last night.” I returned back the pair of clothes that I’m holding and I started to browse again in my closet.

 

She stood up from my bunk and she went at me to help me choose. “Why not? Are you both going to do something weird later? Like making an addition to the family?”

 

“WHAT THE HECK!” I quickly hit her arm. “We’re not! Okay?” I aggressively shook my head in disbelief.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?! I meant adding a new friend to our friendships. Friends are family, you know.” She grinned evilly. “What are you thinking, Yuri?” She smirked at me.

 

I scoffed and I released a quick sigh. I chose to ignore her question because I know this topic could get out of hand. “Okay, so how about this one?” I pointed at some pair of clothes.

 

“Hmmm. It could be.” She pouted. “Why are you struggling in choosing what to wear? You can wear the usual clothes that you wear, you know.”

 

“I know. It’s just...” I stopped from what I am doing. “It’s just... ugh... this time it’s different.”

 

Sian stood upright and she kept on listening.

 

“We’ve been through a lot these past few weeks and it’s never been easy. I thought it’s going to end for the both of us and I was so helpless to the point I couldn’t do anything.” I went on my bunk and I sat on it.

 

Sian kept on listening and she noticed that there was an excess thread bunching underneath on one of my clothes in the closet. I released a quick sigh before speaking up again. “But finally, things had change in our favour.” I smiled at Sian. “Since we’ve been through the storms, I want our first date to be memorable.”

 

“Then make a baby.” Sian blatantly suggested with a scissor on her hand.

 

“WHAT THE HELL SIAN! Just please just for this day just please stop thinking weird things!” I looked at her out of disbelief. “And give me that!”I quickly grabbed the scissors off her hand and I volunteered to remove the excess thread on one of my clothes by myself.

 

She smiled weirdly as always and she continued to help me to choose what I should wear today.  “So what are you going to do in your first date? Do both of you have plans? Because you need to wear something that’s appropriate based on the activity that both of you are going to do.”

 

I stopped from what I’m doing as I realized something. “Actually, we didn’t talk about that.”

 

She quickly pulled the alcohol from her bag. “Oh.  You got to be ready sis. You need to sanitize those fingers.”

 

She laughed loudly as I narrowed my eyes at her. “You need holy water, Sian.”

 

“What’s wrong with you, Yuri? This is an essential especially there are a lot of viruses that are contagious. What are you even thinking?” She wiped off the tear that fell off her eye from laughing.

 

 I ignored her and I shook my head in disbelief. “Should I call her to ask her about it?”

 

“Wait. What? Both of you didn’t talk and had any plans about it?”

 

“Uhmm. No. I don’t know why though. Maybe it’s because we’re too excited and nervous that we forgot to plan or talk about what we’re going to do in our first date.”

 

She pouted. “I think it’s best if you don’t ask her about it.”

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s because sometimes best things happened unexpectedly because you don’t have any expectations and you just got to live and enjoy the moment.”

 

I nodded and I smiled. “I see.”

 

She continued to help me and she suggested that I should wear something that’s simple and represents my actual self without even trying hard. After a few picks, she finally suggested this one. “How about this?”

 

I smiled. “That’s perfect.”                                                                                                                                      

 

 

 

FEW HOURS LATER...

I received a text from Yena that we should meet in Myeongdong Station at 4 pm in the afternoon. I looked at the time on the screen of my phone and it’s already 3:50 pm. I have 10 more minutes to relax myself and to wait for her. I don’t know why I’m always early if the activity I’m doing includes Yena. If it’s with my friends only, I’m always the last person who arrived every time. Am I the definition of whipped?

 

I looked at the time again and it’s already 4 pm. I tried to look around for her but she’s not here yet. I also checked my phone to check if she left me a message or something but I didn’t received anything from her yet. I patiently waited for her and I was really nervous but I tried to control myself so I released a quick and soft sigh coming out from my mouth to ease the tension.

 

Suddenly, I felt two soft hands covered my eyes coming from the back of my head.

 

“Guess what I’m wearing today?” The tall girl asked me.

 

I smiled when I heard the voice that I always wanted to hear. “Are you wearing again your glasses that had no lenses on it?” I chuckled.

 

She giggled. “No. Guess again.”

 

I bit my lip. “Hmm. Are you wearing your iconic white shorts?”

 

She laughed. “Nope.”

 

I pouted and I gave up. “Then, what are you wearing?”

 

She removed her hands off my eyes and I slowly turned around. “I’m wearing the smile you gave me today. You look pretty today, babe.” She grinned sweetly.

 

“Babe?” I giggled as I tucked my hair behind my ear. “You’re so lame.” I blushed.

 

She laughed. “Oh. By the way, I have something for you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

She took something from her bag and she handed that something to me. “Flowers for you, babe.” She grinned weirdly.

 

My eyes got wider and my jaw dropped a little. I don’t what should I feel at the moment. I was surprised when I first saw it and I was hesitant if I should accept it but I accepted it. “Thaa.... Thanks.”

 

I observed the beautiful flowers...

 

 

...that were still planted in the small pot.

 

 

Yes, you read it right.

 

It’s still planted in the small pot.

 

IN THE FREAKING SMALL POT.

 

She laughed when she saw my reaction. “I’m really expecting that reaction.” She scratched the back of her head while laughing. “That flower’s name is Florist Kalanchoe. It’s a type of succulent plants. It can survive indoors so it’s okay if you keep it inside your room. Just placed it close to sunny windows and you’re good.” She smiled sweetly.

[[a/n: some of you are probably searching on Google right now to know what this plant looks like. LMAO]]

 

I was confused at first but I smiled when I noticed that the flowers were in its full bloom. It’s my first time to receive flowers especially in a pot. But I find it really amusing and the flowers were really pretty.

 

She looked at me with full of excitement. “Do you like it?”

 

I removed my gazed from these pretty flowers I’m holding and I met her eyes that were full of genuineness and sincerity. “I just don’t like it. I really love it.”

 

She grinned widely as a sign of satisfaction. “You know... I went to multiple flower shops around the city just to find that particular flower.” She scratched her cheeks. “That’s why I was really worried a while ago that I might not able to make it on time.”

 

I was surprised when I heard that. “Really? Why is that so?”

 

“I wanted to give you flowers that can last for a long time. So I searched on the internet and I found out about succulent plants. I also discovered that some succulent plants are very low maintenance and it’s not that really hard to take good care of so I dig deeper and I found this particular type which is the kalanchoe plant. I discovered that this plant had almost a hundred species. Then I discovered this type of kalanchoe plant which is the Florist kalanchoe. I had a little difficulty in finding this one but I know it’s worth it.”

 

She held my hands while I’m still holding the small pot. “This small and cute plant right here represents persistence and eternal love.” She met my eyes “I just wanted to tell you that I came a long way before this day finally came. It’s really difficult for us and I was on the verge on giving up on you but I still persist.”

 

She applied more pressure at the back of my hands. “I persist and I will persist to show my eternal love for you.”

 

I smiled so hard and I tried to hold back the tears of happiness that were building up on the corner of my eyes. No words could describe how happy I am but I’m surprised I still managed to speak up. “Don’t worry. I will take good care of this plant the way I take good care of your heart.”

 

She smiled and she dropped her head for a while but she lifted it up after a few seconds.

 

I continued. “Also, I will never let this plant die as a sign of my eternal love for you too.”

 

She grinned widely. “Yaaaah! Don’t cry. I told you not to love me that much.” She wiped the single tear that escaped from my eye. “Come on. We need to catch the shuttle.”

 

“A shuttle?” I asked.

 

“Yeah! Let’s go.” She extended her hand at me as a sign that she wanted to hold hands while walking.

 

I gladly accepted her hand and we started to walk towards the exit of the station. I really had no clue where we were heading so I just followed her. After a few minutes, the shuttle arrived and we rode on it. I also put the flower inside the bag for a while during the trip. After a few minutes, the shuttle dropped us off to the Namsan cable car station.

 

“Wha... wha.. What are we doing here?” I asked Yena when I exited the shuttle.

 

“Ssshhh. Just follow me.” She winked at me.

 

We entered the cable car and my heart started to beat faster when it started to move up. I was nervous at first but when I saw the view I was in awe of amazement.

 

I saw out of the corner of my eyes that she’s staring at me. “Yaaaah! Why are you looking at me? You should look outside.” I grabbed her head and tried to make her look the view outside.

 

She refused. “But this view is a lot much better.” She smiled sweetly. “Plus, I never got to stare at your beautiful face at heights the last time when we rode the Ferris wheel in Busan.”

 

“It’s because you’re a coward.” I .

 

She laughed. “I know.” She held my hand. “But now, I’m not anymore. I will never lose you again, Yuri. Never.”

 

I smiled back “Don’t worry, I won’t go anywhere.” I pointed at her chest. “It’s because I’m always there.”

 

“In my mammary gland?” She joked.

 

“Do you want me to throw you outside right now?” I fiercely stared at her.

 

She laughed loudly and she covered . “HAHAHAHA! I’m sorry. I know you’re pertaining to my heart. A BIG HEART.”

 

“You’re not Eunbi unnie.”

 

We both laughed and only legendary wiz*ones could relate.

 

Finally, the cable car stopped at its destination. We both dropped off and we were both in awe because of the good view at the top. We’re at N Seoul Tower in Yongsan-gu, Seoul. This place is one of the famous tourist destinations in South Korea and this place is also a common filming place of Korean dramas.

 

Since, it’s starting to get darker. The city lights are starting to shine bright at this hour. It’s my first time to go here and I was like a little child running around because of the spectacular view. Yena was just chasing and following me.

 

“Daebak!” I exclaimed while staring at the city lights.

 

“I know right. This place is wonderful.” She stood beside me as she also watched the view with me.

 

We stayed there for a while and we appreciated the breathtaking and glorious night view of Seoul. Finally, the silence was broken when I started to speak up.

 

“Yena?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Out of all the places that we can go, why do you choose this place?”

 

“Oh. Right!” She took something from her pocket and she showed it to me. “We’re here for this.”

 

“A padlock?”

 

“Yeah. Let’s lock our love here.” She suggested.

 

I bit my lip and I extended my hand at her. “Let’s find a spot, babe.”

 

She blushed and giggled. “I thought you don’t like me to call you “babe”. You even called me lame for calling you that.” She looked at me teasingly while she held my hand as we started to walk.

 

“Can’t you see? I’m just playing hard to get for once in a while.” I back.

 

She laughed in disbelief. “Yaaaah! Why are you doing that? You don’t even need to do that.”

 

We stopped walking and I lightly hit her arm. “It’s because this is your fault!”

 

“My fault?!” She started to panic. “What did I do?!”

 

“It’s because I don’t have any idea how you make me fall in love with you so hard that easy!”

 

She went from panicking to blushing real quick. “What a sweet revenge.”

 

I laughed at her reaction and I held her hand. We looked for possible spot where we could put our padlock until we found the perfect spot.

 

Yena speak up before putting the padlock there. “What should we write in our padlock?”

 

“Hmmm.” I’m still thinking but she suddenly spoke up.

 

“I have an idea. “ She wrote on the padlock using the marker pen she took off inside her bag. I noticed that she really prepared for this and I really appreciated her effort she put into this.

 

“There.” She showed me what she wrote on the padlock and I smiled out of happiness.

 

She was about to lock the padlock on the metal fence but I stopped her. “Wait.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I think you should also add this here” I suggested. I grabbed the marker pen on her hand and I also wrote on the padlock.

 

When I’m done writing it, we looked at each other and we both giggled.

 

This must be one of our best moments together.

 

When she hooked the shank of the padlock on the metal fence, she smiled at me. “Let’s lock this together.”

 

I smiled back “I would love to.”

 

I held her hand and we both pushed the body of the padlock towards the tip of the shank to lock it.

 

Yena removed the key on the padlock and she showed it to me. “We need to dispose this so no one can break our lovelock.”

 

“Right” I nodded. I took the key off her hands and I attempted to throw it away from this 777 feet tower to the ground.

 

But she quickly stopped me “Nooo! You shouldn’t throw it away there. It’s prohibited.” She laughed. “There’s a trash bin for the keys around here somewhere.” She looked around and then she pointed it. “There. We can dispose this key there.”

 

“Ohhh. I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” I chuckled while scratching the back of my head. “It’s a good thing that you told me. It seemed like you researched a lot about this place.”

 

“Just a little bit” She smiled softly and I just nodded.

 

We went to the trash bin area for the keys and I dropped it off.

 

“There. It’s sealed. If ever someone tries to steal you away from me. I will be the one who will break their damn neck.” I crossed my arms and I tried my best to look like a little thug.

 

She giggled and she pinched my cheeks. “Babe, no one’s going to steal me away from you.”

 

“Ha! You got to make sure because if you don’t, I will be the one who will throw you from here to the ground.”

 

She laughed at me. “Oopps. Should I volunteer and jump now?”

 

“YAAAAH” I glared at her.
 

“I’m just joking!” She burst out laughing. “Anyway, I’m getting hungry now. Let’s eat?”

 

“Me too” I held my tummy and I turned around. “But I hope you don’t mind if we can stay here for a while and enjoy the view just for five more minutes. Please?” I turned my head behind me to look at her pleadingly.

 

She gave up and smiled. “Sure.”

 

I turned back my head to the front and I started to appreciate the view. Suddenly, I felt her warm arms wrapped around my body from behind me and she rested her chin on my shoulder.

 

She whispered. “I hope you also don’t mind me to stay like this for five more minutes and enjoy back hugging you.”

 

I dropped my head and I bit my lip. “Sure”

 

After five minutes, we decided to go down from the high tower. While we’re inside the cable car, my stomach growled. We both stared at each other and we both laughed it off.

 

“What do you want to eat?” She asked me.

 

“I want chicken.” I pouted.

 

“Hmm” She scratched her cheeks. After a few seconds, she spoke up. “I have an idea!”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Just follow me.” She winked at me.

 

When the cable car reached the ground, we quickly rode the shuttle back to the place near the Myeongdong Station. I just followed Yena and we rode different public transportations until we finally reached our final destination.

 

It’s the fast-food shop near the bowling place where many gay things happened at once. We entered the fast-food shop and we ordered a lot of foods and my tummy was quite happy and excited at the same time. After that, we searched for available seats and when we found one, we unintentionally sat on the same place where we all sat before.

 

“I didn’t notice that this is the same exact spot where you shook the gay hormones of our friends.” Yena jokingly teased me.

 

“Yaaaah! Don’t remind me of it.” I buried my face with my hands out of embarrassment.

 

She laughed. “I’m really shocked when you did that. I didn’t know that behind that soft image, there’s a feisty hamster beast hiding.”

 

“Yaaaah!” I lightly punched her shoulders. “It’s not! You provoke me!”

 

She laughed out loud. “Hahahaha! I’m not!”

 

I was about to attack her but lucky for her, the food finally arrived. I quickly picked up my chopsticks and ate the chicken. I was really happy I didn’t notice that I swayed my upper body out of excitement.

 

Yena giggled at me while chewing her chicken. “You seemed like you’re enjoying today.”

 

“Of course!” I grinned. “I didn’t get to enjoy that much when we first ate here but now I enjoyed it.”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“It’s because now, I have you.”

 

She smiled. “You already have me since the beginning.”

 

I smiled as I understood what she meant. She’s always there for me and I’m more than grateful to have her in my life. I didn’t know what I did to deserve someone like her. I felt like I’m the luckiest girl on earth.

 

We continued chatting and eating the same time. We talked about Produce 48 moments, our friends, our family, and lots of memories we had before. We laughed and teased each other most of the times. When we’re almost finished eating our chickens, I caught her attention.

 

“By the way, get your phone. I need to show you something.”

 

She took her phone out from her pocket. “What is it?”

 

“Wait for a second. I need to find it.” I scrolled through my gallery to find this particular photo. After a minute, I smiled when I finally found it. “I’ll send it to you.”

 

She opened her phone. “Okay”

 

“There.”  I sent her this photo.

 

When she saw the photo, she blushed. “What is this?”

 

“I found this somewhere on the internet. Isn’t it cute?” I gushed.

 

“Ye...Y es.” She covered using the back of her hand.

 

“I have an idea.”

 

“What is it?” She met my eyes.

 

“Let’s use this fan art as each other’s profile photo in our KakaoTalk.” I suggested happily.

 

She stayed quiet when she just grabbed the phone off my hand and she did something on both phones. After a few seconds, she showed me something on the screen of both phones. “There you go.” She returned my phone.

 

I blushed when I saw that she changed our profile photo by this cute fan art. “Tha... Thanks.” I really thought she wouldn’t do it that’s why I’m hesitant to ask her if we could do that. But she agreed to it and it made my heart happy.

 

 

 

I guess this was what girlfriend culture was really all about.

 

I love it.

 

When we finished eating our food, we decided to have a walk around the city outside since the weather was really nice. I held her hand quickly as soon as we went outside the fast-food shop. Yena was surprised and I just smirked when I saw her she liked it. We started to walk in any direction where our feet went.

 

“I’m really full. I think there’s no more space in it anymore.” I felt my tummy.

 

Yena giggled. “Can I touch it?”

 

“Sure”

 

Yena felt my tummy and she laughed when she realized that my tummy was really bloated and hard. “Are you pregnant?” She jokingly teased me.

 

“Bu... But babe we’re not doing anything yet.” I smirked.

 

She smirked back. “Do you want to do something?”

 

“Actually...” I leaned closer and I whispered something near her ears. “...I do.”

 

She shivered when my warm breath touched her skin. “Wha... What do... what do yooo... you want to do then?” She stuttered.

 

I leaned much closer and my lips almost touched her ears. “I want to eat...”

 

I noticed her face was starting to turn red, her hand was sweating, and her voice was shaking. “Wha... Wha... What... What do... What do you... do you... want to eat the... then?”

 

I leaned backward as I gave her a naughty smirk. “Are you seriously asking me that?” I her cheek with my thumb.

 

“I uhh... I... I uhh... I really don’t know what... what you are... talking abo... about.”

 

“I know you want it and guess what...” I leaned again and I whispered. “I really want it too, babe.”

 

She shivered. “But I uhhh... I uhhh... I’m uhhh... I didn’t... I didn’t cut my nails.” She shyly replied.

 

I burst out laughing because of her epic response. “Silly! What the heck are you talking about? I mean, I wanted to eat ice cream for dessert!”

 

She buried her face with her two hands out of embarrassment. “I.. I... I kno...I know!” She quickly responded. “What I uhhh... What I meant is... What I meant is I need to cut my nails for proper hygiene and sanitization before eating any food!”

 

I scoffed. “Sure, Yena”

 

“Yaaaahh!” She was slightly pissed and I’m just at the corner laughing my out. “Let’s go! You will surely regret this.” She grabbed my hand and we went straight to the ice cream parlor nearby.

 

Yena bought strawberry and chocolate flavoured ice cream in one cup while I bought cotton candy flavoured ice cream in a cone. We sat on the vacant chairs inside the shop.

 

She was unusually quiet while eating her ice cream.

 

“Hey. Are you mad?” I asked.

 

She just shook her head.

 

“Uhmm. Okay.” I continued my ice cream.

 

She finished eating her dessert very quickly and she’s just watching me eat.

 

“Yaaaah! Stop staring at me.” I pushed her face away lightly but she didn’t wavered.

 

She kept staring at me and my ice cream silently.

 

“Have you ever tasted cotton candy flavoured ice cream before?” I asked.

 

“Just once” She surprisingly replied back.

 

“How was it?”

 

“It’s just okay.” She kept staring at my ice cream.

 

“It’s really good though. Do you want to taste it again?” I handed her my ice cream.

 

She just stared at it for a few seconds.

 

Then suddenly, she quickly leaned forward and she wiped the excess ice cream on my lips using her pinky finger. She effortlessly the tip of her pinky finger to taste it. “Hmmm. Now, it tastes better.”

 

I didn’t get to move away because things happened so fast. “I asfhd... hdjfsd... djsf”

 

She immediately stood up like nothing happened. “Let’s go babe. I’m not done with you yet. We’re just getting started.” She smirked while walking away towards the exit.

 

“Yaaaahhh! Ashfjdskf...Yena-yaaaah! I’m jus.... ju... just jok...joking!” I stuttered while calling her out. I quickly stood up and followed her outside.

 

I thought I’m going to die because of what she did and what were the possible things that she might do. But thankfully, she forgot to tease me again while walking around the city. There’s a high chance that I might survived the night.

 

While walking, we passed by a novelty store.

 

My eyes got bigger when I saw different cute items displayed. “Let’s go inside.” I clasped my hand happily.

 

She smiled. “Sure”

 

We went inside and we browsed different items on display. We also got to discover different amusing items and we had fun just by window shopping. When we reached the corner of the shop, she took her phone out of her pocket.

 

“Babe, come closer.” She called me.

 

“Why?” I went closer beside her.

 

“Let’s take a photo. Let’s do this pose.” She asked me and I happily obliged.

 

She quickly took a snap of a photo of us on the mirror and she showed it to me. “There. We look perfect together.”

 

 

I blushed and I lightly hit her arm. “Yaaaaah!”

 

She giggled. “Come. Let me take a photo of you there.” She grabbed my hand and we went to the other corner of the store.

 

“Pose there.”

 

I pose and she excitedly took a photo of me.

 

“You’re so pretty no matter what you do.” She told me while showing me the photo that she took.

 

 

I blushed and I dropped my head. “Tha... Thanks.”

 

She laughed at me and I playfully slapped her back again. She really loved teasing and making fun of me a lot. We just stayed there for a while just to take more photos and not buying anything. After for a while, we decided to leave the store since it’s getting late now.

 

“Can I walk you home again?” She asked me after she opened the store door for me.

 

“Sure” I smiled and I held her hand tightly.

 

The silence occupied us while walking in this cold night. I remembered the last time in Busan where we walked together silently because of pain and a lot of unanswered questions. But this night is different. We’re both silent because we’re overwhelmed by happiness that finally we spent our time together with no obstruction and no sufferings. Just the two of us.

 

Yena suddenly stopped walking and I looked at her.

 

“What’s the problem?” I asked her.

 

“Let’ go drop by quickly one of my favourite place here. Shall we?” She grinned.

 

“Okay” I nodded.

 

We went inside this narrow street and we took many turns until we finally reached our destination. My inner kid in me awakened when I saw the kid’s playground.

 

I quickly ran and left Yena behind to ride the seesaw. Excitement caught me when I called her. “Come here quick! Sit on the other side!”

 

“I’m afraid I won’t be able to go down if I sat there because you’re too heavy.” She jokingly teased me.

 

“YAAAAHH! I SWEAR CHOI YENA!”

 

She laughed out loud. “I’m just kidding!”

 

She sat on the other side and I was the one who unexpectedly lifted up and I couldn’t go down. She couldn’t stop laughing and she kept me hanging.

 

“YAAAAH! Bring me down! I swear I will choke slam you if you don’t bring me down.” I shouted. My thighs were also starting to get hurt.

 

“Okay. I’ll bring you down in one condition.” She smirked.

 

“What is it?”

 

She mouthed the words and I understood what she meant. I taught about it for a few seconds and then I nodded.

 

She carefully brought me down. “There.” She grinned evilly.

 

I glared at her and I felt powerless. Is this what she meant that she’s not done with me after what I did to her a while ago? Please someone send me some help.

 

We also rode the merry-go-round, monkey bars, and many more. She really brought out the inner kid inside of me and I’m grateful. I missed playing this kind of things because we didn’t get to do it that much when we’re kids. At young age, we’re already busy achieving for our dreams and sometimes we forgot that we were still kids at that time. I felt like playing with her tonight sufficed those days.

 

We got tired of playing so we decided to sit on the swings.

 

“Did you have fun?” She asked me.

 

“Absolutely” I smiled back. “To be honest, even if we’re not doing anything I’m already happy.”

 

She smiled at herself. “That’s good to know.”

 

I stared at her side profile but I couldn’t see it clearly because some of her hair covered her face so I tucked it behind her ears. “Did someone tell you that you really look pretty?”

 

She blushed and she looked away. “You did.”

 

“But it’s really true.” I giggled. “I can’t believe that the most beautiful girl on this planet was in love with me.”

 

She covered her face out of embarrassment and I laughed at her. I felt so good to have a little sweet revenge at her.

 

I stood up and went in front of her. I extended my hand at her and smiled. “Let’s go home, babe.”

 

 

 

 

But she just looked at me and pouted. “I don’t want to.”

 

 

 

 

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Why? It’s getting late”

 

 

 

 

“Bu... But... But....”

 

 

 

 

“But what?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But you’re my home.”

 

 

 

 

My heart skipped a beat and I could feel the warmth of my face. “Silly.” I whispered.

 

 

 

 

She smiled and she took my hand. “What did you say? I can’t hear it.”

 

 

 

 

“Si.... Sil....”

 

 

 

 

She pulled me swiftly and she cupped my face.  “Say it again in my face. I want to hear it.”

 

 

 

 

“I... I.... I’m...” I couldn’t speak straight because my heart was beating so hard and her face was so near that I could even see the reflection of my face.

 

 

 

 

“Say it. Don’t be a coward.” She stared at my eyes intently.

 

 

 

I completely had no idea what’s going on inside her mind right now.

 

 

 

 

I had no idea if we’re still playing or joking around anymore at this moment.

 

 

 

 

But one thing is for sure...

 

 

 

 

“I’m not a coward, silly.” I said.

 

 

 

 

She finally smiled. “I guess I’m really a fool for you.”

 

 

 

 

I gasped and no words started to come out from my mouth.

 

 

 

 

She gently my face with her thumb.

 

 

 

 

Her gentle touch made me shivered in my bones.

 

 

 

 

I felt so weak that I couldn’t move.

 

 

 

 

She slowly moved her head forward.

 

 

 

 

Little by little...

 

 

 

 

...I could feel the warm air coming out from her nose.

 

 

 

 

I closed my eyes slowly as she whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I waited so long for this....”

 

 

 

 

 

Yena softly placed her thumb on my lips.

 

 

 

 

 

“....But I can still wait for the right time.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She pressed her lips on her thumb on my lips.

 

 

 

 

But this was not enough.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

[[a/n: Keep reading ;)]]

 

[[a/n: It’s almost two weeks since the last time I updated. HAHAHA. I’m really sorry. I need to compensate all the days that I’d been hospitalized so I drowned myself to my work these past few days. Also, lot of things happened lately. But I will try my best to update faster now. No promises but I will really try.]]

 

[[a/n: Please suggest me any song that makes your heart flutter, for gay research purposes only ;)]]

Let’s connect! Follow me on twitter and instagram: @yenaxyuri 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

“Silly.” She whispered.

 

 

 

 

I couldn’t believe she called me that.

 

 

 

 

But I guess it’s really true.

 

 

 

 

I smiled and I took her hand. “What did you say? I can’t hear it.”

 

 

 

 

I honestly heard what she said but I just wanted to a bit.

 

 

 

 

“Si.... Sil....”

 

 

 

 

I pulled her swiftly and I cupped her face.  “Say it again in my face. I want to hear it.”

 

 

 

 

“I... I.... I’m...” She couldn’t speak straight.

 

 

 

 

“Say it. Don’t be a coward.” I stared at her eyes intently.

 

 

 

 

I completely had no idea what’s going on inside my mind right now when I looked into her eyes. She consumed me so much that I’m slowly losing control of myself anymore.

 

 

 

 

I had no idea if we’re still playing or joking around anymore at this moment.

 

 

 

 

But there’s one thing I’m not that really sure and it’s...

 

 

 

 

...why am I being a coward tonight?

 

 

 

 

“I’m not a coward, silly.” She said.

 

 

 

 

I smiled out of a relief when I heard that. “I guess I’m really a fool for you.”

 

 

 

 

She gasped and no words started to come out from .

 

 

 

 

I gently her face with my thumb.

 

 

 

 

I appreciated her beautiful face as well as beautiful personality.

 

 

 

 

I slowly moved my head forward.

 

 

 

 

Little by little...

 

 

 

 

...I could also feel the warm air coming out from her nose.

 

 

 

 

She closed her eyes when as I whispered.

 

 

 

 

“I waited so long for this....”

 

 

 

 

I softly placed my thumb on her lips.

 

 

 

 

“....But I can still wait for the right time.”

 

 

 

 

I pressed my lips on my thumb on her lips.

 

 

 

 

I didn’t know why I let my cowardliness consumed me first.

 

 

 

 

But what I had said was true.

 

 

 

 

I can always wait for the right time to do this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You know what, my mom used to tell me this.” She whispered. “Why are you always waiting for the right time if the right time is now?”

 

 

 

 

I didn’t get to respond right away.

 

 

 

 

But there’s one thing I’m really sure.

 

 

 

 

“It’s because...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...You Are Worth The Wait

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I closed my eyes...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I slowly pulled off my hand...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...To kiss her warm and soft lips for the first time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THIS IS OUR FIRST REAL KISS.

 

[[a/n: THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL! HAHAHA!]]

[[a/n: I hope the long anticipation you wait for this chapter is worth it ;)]]

Merry Christmas my fellow WIZ*ONES <3