CHAPTER 11: Only You

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

 [[YURI’S POV]]

 

Today was the fan meeting day. Everyone was very excited because this was the last day before our two weeks off. Japanese trainees needed to go back to Japan too because of their schedules. Korean trainees will also returned home or back to the dorms for a while. MNET needs time to evil edit the trainees so they wanted us to be gone for a while.

 

We’re inside the merchandise store while waiting for our time to come outside for the first public greeting and appearance. The staff instructed us that we needed to roam around and checked the stuffs inside the store. I could see in the faces of all the trainees inside the store that some of them were excited because we will be introduced to the public for the first time in our uniforms and some were excited because finally they could relax for a while in our two weeks break.

 

But for me, I don’t know what kind of excitement I should feel...

 

...especially what I’m witnessing in front of me.

 

First of all...

 

How could I be excited for this fan meeting thing knowing that in the front of me, Yena and Goeun was acting so sweet together at the corner of this merchandise store?

 

Like, seriously?

 

Right in front of my salad?

 

But well, not literally in front of me.

 

Because I’m like a creep watching them and trying my best to hide inside this merchandise store because I’m trying to avoid Yena at all cost in the past days. Like what happened last night, she texted me but I’m still giving her a cold treatment.

 

 

Ugh! I really couldn’t understand that girl at all. How did she know that I’m eating ramen last night but how she still couldn’t figured it out what I’m feeling every time I saw her with Goeun? That dumb ducky was really getting into my nerves!

 

And lastly...

 

How can I also be excited for our two weeks break knowing that Yena was about to hang out with Goeun? I would never know about that if Eunbi won’t invite us to play bowling.

 

Also, how dare Yena won’t tell me about that in the first place?

 

WAIT.

 

OH .

 

Why am I acting like this?

 

I shouldn’t react like this.

 

Who am I to Yena in the first place?

 

I’m not her girlfriend...

 

...yet

 

DAMN.

 

That’s a big slapped on my face.

 

But STILL.

 

UGH! This was so frustrating!

 

Who am I really to Yena?

 

Who am I?

 

Who am I to you, Yena?

 

Who am I really?

 

To you?

 

“Yuri?”

 

“Yaaaa—Yuri!”

 

“Hey yuri!”

 

Yi Ren snapped her fingers in front of me.

 

“Yeee... Yes?” I startled a little bit. I looked at her.

 

“Are you okay? Why are you talking to yourself?”

 

“Rea...Really? .. I ... uhhh... I’m not” I flustered. I didn’t realize that I was speaking out my thoughts out loud.

 

“Yes, you are. You keep saying ‘Who am I to you?’ like a few times already while looking at somewhere.”

 

“Did I?” My eyes got widen while pointing at myself.

 

“Yeah! By the way, who are you looking at?”

 

“NOOOOOO! DON’T” I cupped her face to the other side to prevent her from looking at Yena and Goeun’s direction.

 

“Why?” She looked at me confusingly.

 

“Not.... Nothing!” I panicked a little bit and removed my hands off her face. I’m just having an anxiety. What if Yi Ren will tell Sian about this? She’s part of the Sian’s plan before in the first place but she backed out. But still there’s a possibility that she will tell Sian, and Sian will probably do something crazy and I don’t want that to happen again.

 

“If you’re thinking that I will tell Sian, don’t worry I won’t.” She smiled at me.

 

“Whaa.. What are yoooouu... Whyyyyy... Hoooow.. How did... How did you know?” I took a step back out of surprise.

 

“You’re so obvious.” She giggled.

 

“Am I?” I scratched the back of my neck while staring at the ground.

 

“Yes. You know what, my mother used to tell me something.” She took a deep breath before continuing. “Don’t give up on something you really want.”

 

She rested my hands on my shoulder and stared at my eyes intently “So, go and grab your girl! Fighting!” She gestured the ‘fighting’ sign on her hand.

 

“Fighting!” I nodded and gestured the sign also on my hand.

 

Just in time, the staff announced that we should all line up now. Yena waved good bye at Goeun and she went at the front of the line. I carefully sneaked at the back of the line and slowly walked to the front.

 

My heart was beating fast and I just couldn’t fight the adrenaline rush.

 

I didn’t think twice.

 

I grabbed and held her hand tightly.

 

“Wha.... whaaa.. What are you doooo... doing?” She was surprised. She stared at me and I’m just keeping a straight face and my eyes were fixated in front of me.

 

I didn’t respond at all.

 

The line started to move and when we’re almost near the door...

 

My grip on her hand was getting tighter...

 

I took a deep breath...

 

I turned my head at her...

 

It felt like it was in slow motion...

 

I met her eyes...

 

“You’re not going anywhere, Yena.”

 

The door opened.

 

And many loud voices and camera shutter sounds greeted us when we’re just few inches away at the door.

 

She said something but I couldn’t hear it properly.

 

“What did you say?” I asked her in a loud voice so she could hear me.

 

But she just smiled at me and I just smiled back.

 

I guess she didn’t hear me properly too.

 

I don’t have any idea what she told me...

 

...but I felt good.

 

She never objected or removed my hand.

 

But she intertwined our fingers instead.

 

I felt the electricity flowing through my veins.

 

I felt secured.

 

The staff called us now to line up to the platform to greet first before distributing our little gift for the national producers. We’re both on the left side platform and at the top. While the other trainees were still lining up at the platform, I asked her something.

 

“What did you said a while ago? I’m sorry I couldn’t hear it properly because it’s so loud.”

 

She smirked. “Nope, I will only say it once.”

 

“But why?” I looked at her pleadingly.

 

“Because it’s hard for me to say it again. Plus, why should I tell you? You still owe me an explanation.” She’s doing everything she could just to avoid my eyes.

 

“Huh? What explanation? Why me?” I narrowed my eyes at her.

 

“Because you’re avoiding me these past few days, you even didn’t reply to me last night.” She met my eyes with a little sign of disappointment on her face.

 

“Ohhhhh. About that, I’m just busy. I’m sorry.” I removed my sight from her and scratched my cheeks.

 

“Busy? Are you sure?” She crossed her arms narrowed her eyes at me.

 

“Ye... Yeaa..  Yeaaaaahhh. Why are yo... you acting like that?” I looked on the other side away from her because I’m trying to avoid her eyes.

 

“Are you really suuureee?” She came closed and she narrowed her eyes at me. It seemed like she’s not really satisfied with my answer and she’s expecting me to say more than that.

 

Thankfully, just in time, all trainees were lined up at the platform. The staff announced that we will greet in unison and after that we’ll all went down and we’ll personally distribute the little gift to the national producers. Also, Yena stopped asking me about that and I sighed out of relief.

 

When we’re about to go down, Yena took a step down first and offered me a hand.

 

“Would you like to runaway with me?” Yena smiled at me.

 

“Silly! We can’t do that. We are surrounded by barriers.” I bit my lip to hide my smile.

 

She looked around her. “Oh! You’re right! Maybe next time.” She chuckled.

 

This girl is really something.

 

I shook my head a little and giggled. I accepted her hand and she carefully guided me down at the platform.

 

She never let go of my hand.

 

But there were times that we needed to be separated but we always find our way back to each other and she always initiate holding my hand.

 

I’m so happy.

 

I felt like we’re on our own little world.

 

The national producers might think and saw me smiling at them but little did they know that the person who’s holding my hand right now is the main reason of my smile.

 

I’d never been so happy like this in my entire life.

 

The staff now guided us back inside the building to end the fan meeting. I thought that this event will become a disaster for me but I was wrong.

 

My anxiety is slowly turning to excitement...

 

...or not?

 

We all returned to the dorms to pack up our bags for us to go home. When we’re done packing, we went outside the parking lot. The Japanese trainees already left because the bus was already waiting for them as soon as they left the dorm. They’re probably on their way to the airport. Some Korean trainees left also because their family or relatives, or their agency’s service van already picked them up. Some of us were still at the parking lot waiting for someone to pick us up. Yena is waiting for his brother while Gyu Ri, Sian, Eun Young and I were waiting for the van to pick us up. Si Hyun and Yi Ren already left.

 

Gyu Ri, Sian and Eun Young were busy chatting with the remaining trainees in the area while Yena and I were chatting about random things with each other. Suddenly, someone went at us.

 

“Hey guys! Don’t forget about the bowling on Saturday!” Eunbi reminded us.

 

Oh. Right. We have a bowling on Saturday. I totally forgot about that because I was so consumed by my happiness on the fan meeting a while ago.

 

“Yes. I won’t forget about that.” Yena giggled.

 

Yup. Me too Yena. I still won’t forget that you’re about to have a “date” with Goeun and you didn’t even tell me. Speaking of Goeun, I saw out of the corner of my eyes that she’s walking her way here behind Yena’s back.

 

She put her hand on Yena’s shoulder and they were really close.

 

REALLY CLOSE.

 

“Sorry for suddenly barging in, but is this about the bowling?” Goeun asked us.

 

“Yes! I’m just reminding these two about that. I’m about to look for you too to remind you so I’m happy you barged in so I don’t need to find you.” Eunbi replied happily.

 

“Really? Thanks by the way! See you guys then! My mother is here already.” Goeun waved at Eunbi and I. We smiled and waved back. Then she looked at Yena and smiled at her “See you there.” She squeezed Yena’s shoulder and winked at her then she left.

 

WHAT.THE.HECK.IS.THAT.WINKED.FOR.

 

My jaw dropped a little as I saw her walking away but I quickly composed myself. Eunbi also left us because their van already arrived to pick them up.

 

I looked at Yena...

 

...and she’s smiling.

 

WHAT.THE.HECK.

 

WHY.ARE.YOU.SMILING.

 

THIS.GIRL.IS.SO.ANNOYING.

 

I mindlessly grabbed my luggage and walked somewhere else.

 

“Yaaaa! Yuri! Where are you going?” She grabbed the handle of my luggage to stop me.

 

“None of your business.”  I’m avoiding her eyes.

 

“Yaaaa. Don’t go away. Come with me for a while.”

 

“Why do I need to come with you?” I met her eyes.

 

“Just come.” Her grip on my hand at the handle of luggage was so strong and she successfully grabbed my luggage back to our position a while ago. I just followed her.

 

We walked where Eun Young was standing and chatting with the other trainees.

 

“Hey Eun Young, can I leave here Yuri’s luggage for a while?” Yena asked her.

 

“Oh. Sure!”

 

“Thanks Eun Young!” Yena smiled at her.

 

Yena immediately grabbed my hand and ran away somewhere. We’re at the back of the parking lot when we saw a tall guy waving at us when we’re going near him. I was about to remove my hand from holding her hand but Yena’s grip was so strong. She waved back. This must be her brother.

 

“Oppa!” She shouted happily.

 

When we’re in front of him, I realized that his brother was like a male version of Yena. He’s really tall and handsome. Good genes really run on their family.

 

“Annyeonghaseyeo!” I bowed and greeted his brother.

 

“Annyeong!” He bowed and smiled back.

 

“Oppa, this is Yuri.” Yena introduced me to his brother enthusiastically while still holding my hand. I was so embarrassed and shy because I felt like she’s introducing me as her special someone so I repeatedly bowed for few times to her brother because I don’t know what to do.

 

“Hey. It’s fine! It’s fine! I’m Choi Sung Min” His brother laughed at me and offered me a handshake. They really both have the same laugh.

 

I shyly accepted his handshake and Yena was chuckling.

 

“Anyway” He continued. “It’s nice to finally meet you Yuri in person. Yena was always talking about you before when you’re still on--------------“

 

“OMYGOD!!! OPPPPAAAAAA!!!! STOOOOP!!!!”  Yena quickly tried to cover his mouth with both of her hands and her brother was still trying to talk and removing Yena’s hands off his mouth. I looked at them confusingly.

 

“You know what, she had a fansite just for-------and she also have your-------“ He continued but Yena’s doing anything just to interrupt him from talking.

 

“OPPPAAAAAAAA!!!! NOOOOO!!!”

 

“She also cried when you were---------included in-----“

 

“NOOOOOOOOO!!! PLEEEEASSSEEE DOOOONN’T!!!!”

 

“She really --------- you.”

 

“OPPPPAAAAAAAAA!!!!”

 

His brother was laughing hysterically and Yena’s face was all red. She punched him in the arm. They’re really cute together especially the height difference. They must be really closed to each other. I was laughing with them. It’s my first time to see Yena like that. She’s really cute when she’s blushing so hard.

 

“Anyway, I was really looking forward to see you. I hope you can visit our home soon. Our parents must be really happy to see you too.” He said while wiping the tears in his eye from laughing so hard.

 

“Huh? Dad and mom?” Yena looked at his brother with confusion.

 

His brother just smirked and went to his car and got something inside.

 

He went back to us and continued talking. “To be honest, before I came here they said if I ever saw you, I should give you this.” He handed me a paper bag with something inside.

 

I accepted the paper bag with my two hands and bowed to him. “Oh. Thank you so much! May I ask, what’s this for?”

 

“It’s actually Yena’s favourite food. Our mom cooked it. She told me that I should give this to you to thank you for taking good care of our Yena. Our parents were really happy to see Yena more bright and cheerful a lot lately.”

 

Huh? Did I? I quickly think of any good thing I did to Yena. I actually can’t think of anything. I only remember the endless bickering we had. To be honest, I really don’t know where that came from. Yena was actually the one who watched over me a lot.

 

Wait.

 

Did she really?

 

For the short time we’ve been together.

 

I realized she’s really always been there for me.

 

Even though I didn’t ask her to do that for me...

 

But she’s still there watching over me...

 

...without asking anything in return.

 

I blushed.

 

“Oh. Re.. Really? This must.. must be really delicious. Tha... Thank you so much! Please send my regards to your parents.” I quickly peeked inside the paper bag so I could hide the slight redness of my face. “Actually, I don’t think I uhmmm.. I made a lot of good things for Yena so uhmmm... I really... don’t know how or why... uhmmm----“

 

He patted my shoulders and smiled at me. “If you only knew how much you------“

 

“YAAAAHH!!! OPPAAAAA!!” Yena quickly covered his brother mouth. His brother laughed again.

 

“I guess we need to leave now. Do you want us to take you back to your home or your dorms?” He offered.

 

“No, it’s fine. We’re just waiting for the van to pick us up but thank you for the offer.” I politely declined.

 

Suddenly Sian called me from afar.

 

“YURIIIII! The van is here! Let’s go!” Sian shouted.

 

“I guess I need to go now too. Thank you so much for this!” I bowed and waved goodbye to them. I quickly jogged my way to Sian.

 

“Yuri!” Yena shouted.

 

I turned around and looked at her.

 

“I uhmmm.. I... See you on Saturday?”

 

I smiled. “See you Yena.”

 

She smiled back and she lightly elbowed her brother who’s teasing her.

 

I quickly reached Sian and we walked our way to our van.

 

“Who’s that handsome and tall guy a while ago and what’s inside the paper bag?” Sian asked.

 

“It’s Yena’s brother and this is Yena’s favourite food. Her parents asked her brother to give this to me.”

 

“Ohhhhhhhhhh.” Sian smirked. “So, is her family approved of you already? That’s fast.”

 

I bit my lip to prevent myself from smiling.

 

“Shut up Sian.”

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

SATURDAY MORNING...

As soon as I woke up, I immediately checked my phone to see if I had received any messages. I actually received four. They’re from network service provider, Eunbi, Goeun and Yuri.

 

Of course, I quickly opened Yuri’s message first. This is how our conversation went.

 

 

Gosh. I couldn’t believe she would be mad at me like that. I don’t know what her problem was and she wouldn’t even tell me. But I couldn’t help myself to smile knowing that she texted me first. I usually texted her first and I always felt like I annoyed or bothered her so much by texting her always.

 

The next message I opened was from Eunbi. She just reminded me that we should all be there by four in the afternoon and where the place was and she also told me that Chaewon, Hyewon, Minjoo, Wonyoung were coming too. I automatically delete the text from the network service provider. The last thing I opened was from Goeun and this is how our conversation went.

 

 

I wonder what that was all about. Should I tell Yuri?

 

Should I?

 

Or shouldn’t I?

 

Ughh! I don’t know if I should tell her. I think I already annoyed and disturbed her so much by texting and teasing her most of the time.

 

Why is it so hard?!

 

And why should she care about this in the first place?

 

So I guess I shouldn’t tell her.

 

My brother went inside my room and told me that the breakfast was ready. So I stood up, washed my face, and went to dining room. I saw dad sipping his coffee while reading the newspaper and I saw my mom putting the plates on the table. My brother and I sat oppositely to each other.

 

“Good morning pips!” I told them as I grabbed my chopsticks.

 

“Good morning sweetie. It seems like you’re really happy today.” My dad told me when he peeked at me while reading his newspaper.

 

“This is just normal.” I grinned at them. I saw my brother eyed me suspiciously.

 

“By the way, I’ll go out later with friends.” I told them while eating.

 

“Friends? Or just a friend?” My brother smirked at me.

 

“Are you going on a date?!” My mom butted in with her eyes opened wide.

 

“What? No! We’re plenty. We’re about ten.”

 

“I see. Is Yuri there?”

 

“Yuri? Yes. Why? Wait mom. How or why do you know her?”

 

“Your brother told us about that she’s your girl friend.”

 

I.ALMOST.CHOKED.

 

“WHAAA...WHA...WHAAAAT?!”

 

“Huh? Why are you acting like that? Is there anything wrong about having a friend that is a girl?” My mom looked at confusingly.

 

OH. I see. So it’s a GIRL_FRIEND with a space in between the GIRL and a FRIEND. I almost died.

 

“Nooo..Nothing.” I continued eating and kicked my brother who’s holding his laughter under the table.

 

“Anyway, do you need money? I’ll give you some. Since, you deserve to have a break for a while after all the hardship you experienced in the show.” My dad suggested.

 

“Really? Thanks dad! I love you!” I stood up and hugged him happily.

 

“Do you want me to drive you there?” My brother suggested while smirking at me.

 

“No, thanks! I have to go somewhere else first.” I returned back to my seat and continued eating.

 

“Where?”

 

“The coffee shop. I have to meet a friend first.”

 

He stood up and leaned himself across the table to whisper something to me.

 

“So, are you going on a solo date with Yuri first?” He asked.

 

I smiled. “I wish but no. It’s just really a friend.” I whispered back.

 

He leaned back while nodding with suspicious look on his face and sat again on his chair.

 

We all finished our meals.

 

 

AT 3:00 PM...

I looked at the time on my phone and it’s exactly three in the afternoon. I sat outside the coffee shop since the weather was good. I’m patiently waiting for Goeun. Twenty minutes later, she arrived.

 

“I’m so sorry. I’m late. The bus left me so I waited for the next ride and I ran my way here.” Goeun was catching her breath.

 

“It’s totally fine! Don’t worry! I’ll get you water.” I stood up but she grabbed my hand to stop me.

 

“No! I’m fine. Thanks!” She smiled at me.

 

“Okay.” I smiled back and I felt a little uncomfortable when she didn’t remove her hand off my hand yet.

 

“I’ll buy us coffee. What do you like? Don’t worry. It’s my treat.” She stood up.

 

“Uhmmm. Any iced coffee will do.” I awkwardly giggled.

 

“Okay. I’ll be back in a bit.” She let go off my hand and went inside the coffee shop.

 

I touched my hand and I felt something wrong.

 

 

MEANWHILE AT CHOI’S RESIDENCE...

*** DOORBELL RANG ***

 

The door opened.

 

“Annyeong oppa!”

 

“Oh! Annyeong! Are you looking for Yena?”

 

“Yes. Is she here? I need to tell her something.”

 

“Ohhh. She just left. I think she’s in a local coffee shop. She’s meeting a friend she told me.”

 

“I see. I’ll just go to her. Thank you oppa!”

 

 

FEW MINUTES LATER AT THE COFFEE SHOP...

We’d been talking about random things for a few minutes now. We’re just exchanging stories and talked and laughed at some funny moments during the filming of Produce 48. She looked at the time and its fifteen minutes before four in the afternoon.  She paused for a while and continued talking to me.

 

“Uhmm. Yena?”

 

“Yes?” I sipped my coffee while looking at her.

 

“The reason why I called you here... is because..” She stared at the ground and she’s about to blush.

 

“Because?” I placed my coffee and my hand on the table.

 

She placed her hand on the top of my hand. “Because.... I uhhhh... I.... really... I  really... I really liiiii...... like... I really like-----“

 

“Yena!” Someone called my name out of nowhere and Goeun was interrupted. We both looked at the location where the voice came from.

 

She quickly went to us.

 

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry for interrupting you guys! It’s been a long time since I last saw you Yena.” She’s my close friend and former classmate in Hanlim Multi Art School.

 

“Oh! Hi! Long time no see!” I stood up and hugged her.

 

“I’m happy to see you again. I heard that you joined Produce 48. I wish you well. Anyway, I’m glad I saw you. Luckily, someone told me that you’re here. I was about to give you this. It’s my birthday invitation. I hope you could come.” She handed me her invitation and I gladly accepted it.

 

“Sure! I’ll let you know!” I smiled at her.

 

“Cool! I’m sorry for suddenly barging in. Thank you so much!” She waved at us and left.

 

Someone told her that I’m here?

 

Nobody knows that I’m here except my family.

 

I sat down again. “I apologize. What are you trying to say again?”

 

“It’s okay. Don’t worry! Anyway, what I’m trying to say is, I really li-------“

 

*** MY PHONE RANG ***

 

I checked at my phone and I saw Eunbi was calling me. I answered and Eunbi told me that they’re all already there and they’re waiting for us. I told her that I’m with Goeun and we’re on our way there.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YURI’S POV]]

 

“Ohh. You’re already with Goeun?..... Okay! We’ll wait for you here..... Okay! Good bye! Take care!” Eunbi was talking to Yena on the phone.

 

So she’s with Goeun.

 

My chest got tighter when I heard that.

 

They basically spend time together first before going here.

 

And I didn’t know about that.

 

THAT DUMB DUCK.

 

“They’re on their way here. Let’s go inside?” Eunbi suggested. I followed them inside. We’re at the lobby. Eunbi and Chaeyeon were at the cashier and the rest were just standing at the corner.

 

“Annyeongz Unnie!” Wonyoung smiled and greeted me.

 

“Annyeong!”

 

“Why do you look so sad?”

 

“Me? No. I’m not!” I scratched my cheeks and stared at the ground.

 

“Don’t be sad.” She hugged me. She’s really like a baby and I felt like I’m hugging a tower.

 

“We’re good. Let’s go. We’ll just wait for Goeun and Yena inside.” Eunbi told us and we followed them.

 

Few minutes later, the two arrived.

 

“We’re sorry. We’re late. I actually asked Yena to meet up with me first before going here. So, I’m sorry.” Goeun apologized.

 

“No! It’s fine! Don’t worry! We just arrived early. You’re not totally late though. It’s just a few minutes passed 4 pm.” Eunbi assured them. “Actually, Yuri was the first one who arrived here. She’s here already by 3:30 pm. She must be really excited. Right, Yuri?”

 

“Yeee....Yes.” I faked a smile and stared at the ground.

 

I saw out of the corner of my eye that Yena was staring at me.

 

I don’t know if I could be excited anymore. I felt like I just wanted to go home.

 

“Alright! Let’s pick teammates. I prepared for that. Since we’re ten here. We will have 5 vs. 5. Pick a paper in this box. If you got 1, it means you’re in team 1. If you got 2, it means you’re in team 2.” Chaeyeon went to us and let us pick a paper inside the box.

 

When we all got our own papers, we opened it and we regroup according to our team. Team 2 consisted of Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Hyewon, Wonyoung and I. Team 1 consisted of Chaewon, Yujin, Minjoo, Yena and Goeun.

 

Great! Now, I’m so close of going to the door and just go home.

 

“Whoever loses, will treat the winners a dinner! Deal?” Yujin smirked and rubbed the palm of her hands.

 

“Let’s get it!” Eunbi smirked.

 

The game started.

 

Surprisingly, round one end well to my team. Eunbi, Chaeyeon and Hyewon scored well. Wonyoung was able to score a little. But I almost didn’t score any. I even almost throw the ball to the ceiling. I was so unfocused and annoyed from what I’m witnessing to the team 1. Yena was really happy even though she’s not scoring well and Goeun was so happy cheering her up almost every second every time it’s Yena’s turn to throw the ball. I couldn’t do anything because we’re in the opposite team. I was so pissed.

 

Round two started.

 

Surprisingly, Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Wonyoung and Hyewon’s scores were so close with the scores against Chaewon, Minjoo, Yujin and Yena. Our team was currently leading by 3 points. It’s now team 1’s turn. Gouen was the final bowler of their team to throw the ball. In her first throw, she didn’t hit any. In her final throw, she hit 9 pins.

 

Everyone was shocked and surprised because it was the highest pin that’s been taken down since we started playing. I was even more surprised when she jumped to Yena and hugged her tightly.

 

WHAT.THE.HELL.DID.I.SAW.

 

My jaw dropped a little and I felt like I was about to burst inside. I stared at the floor and my fist clenched.

 

“Okay! Calm down you guys! We still have one player left!” Eunbi shouted at them because the team 1 was still celebrating.

 

Yujin was teasing me because she taught I couldn’t hit anything in this round because of my performance on the first round. Yena was just smiling and watching me. I don’t know if she’s cheering me or what. But it really annoys me every time I looked at her.

 

I picked up my ball.

 

I took a deep breath.

 

I throw my first ball...

 

...and it didn’t hit anything.

 

I still hear the cheer of my teammates even though I didn’t hit it.

 

Now, it’s time for my last ball.

 

I concentrated a lot.

 

I throw it...

 

“THIS IS FOR YOU! YOU DUMB DUCK!” I shouted inside my mind.

 

...and I got a strike.

 

HUH?

 

I got a strike?

 

I suddenly felt that my teammates ran to me and hugged me.

 

We won?

 

I was standing still and spacing out.

 

Everything was in total chaos.

 

I looked at the other side.

 

I saw Gouen hugged Yena when Yena was acting dead on the couch.

 

My heart hurts a lot.

 

It really hurts.

 

 

AT THE FASTFOOD STORE...

We’re sitting on a ten chaired table. I was sitting on the leftmost chair. Beside me were Hyewon, then Wonyoung, then Eunbi then Chaeyeon. In front of me were Yena then beside her were Goeun, then Chaewon, then Yujin and then Minjoo.

 

Since team 1 lost the game, they were obliged to buy us our dinner. Chaewon volunteered to collect the money and to order in behalf of their team because she felt like she’s out of place and she’s straight. Hyewon also volunteered to help Chaewon because you know, FOOD.

 

I felt so miserable watching these two ‘lovebirds’ subtly flirting in front of me. I felt like I love hurting myself so much. I just pretended to text someone on my phone or just scroll through my social media accounts. What I hate the most, since we started playing. Yena never talked to me. She just watched me or smiled at me. I was really annoyed and pissed with this dumb duck.

 

She didn’t even notice something in my appearance.

 

Like, seriously Yena?

 

How can you be so clueless and dense?!

 

I suddenly stood up.

 

“I’ll just go to the restroom.” I excused myself and quickly stormed into the restroom. I saw Yena just watching me.

 

When I arrived there, I actually didn’t pee. I just wanted to be alone and to breathe for a while.

 

I stared myself at the mirror.

 

I wish I didn’t come here at all.

 

I wiped a single tear that fell on my eye.

 

I suddenly remembered what Yi Ren told me at the fan meeting...

 

...I shouldn’t give up on something that I really want.

 

I know what I want...

 

...and I’ll get what I want.

 

I paused for a while and in a few minutes I went back to our table. I saw the food already arrived.

 

As I sat down, I saw Goeun dipped her fries at her gravy and she’s about to feed it to Yena. “You should try this Yena, I used to dip my fries on gravy.”

 

Yena opened and ate it. She shyly thanked her.

 

I ain’t losing that dumb duck to anybody.

 

If that dumb duck won’t do anything, then I’ll do something.

 

I also dipped my fries to my ice cream and placed it near Yena’s mouth. “You should try this. It’s tastier than the gravy.”

 

Everyone in the table looked at us and Yena looked at me confusingly but she opened anyway and ate it. “Thaaa... Thanks?”

 

Everyone continued eating.

 

“Yena, have you tried this ice cream flavour? You should try it.” Goeun then offered Yena to taste her ice cream.

 

“Not yet. Thanks.” Yena grabbed her plastic spoon and tasted it. “Hmmmm. Taste good!” Her eyes were smiling and I’m getting pissed.

 

I intentionally but not obviously dropped my plastic spoon at the table. “Oh no. It dropped.” I acted.

 

Yean was about to stand up. “Wait here. I’ll get you another plastic spoon.”

 

I grabbed her wrist and get the plastic spoon on her hand. “You don’t need to. Let’s save mother earth. I think this will work.” I ate my ice cream using Yena’s plastic spoon and acted like nothing happened.

 

I slowly the little ice cream left on the spoon.

 

I saw out of the corner of my eye that Yena and Goeun’s jaw dropped and they were shocked.

 

Everyone at the table was looking at us and having a gay panic attack.

 

Eunbi covered Wonyoung’s eyes.

 

Chaewon almost choked and walked out.

 

Hyewon doesn’t care. She just ate.

 

I just acted like nothing happened and continued eating with Hyewon.

 

*** AWKWARD SILENCE ***

 

The rest of us finished our meals for a few more minutes.

 

*** AWKWARD SILENCE ***

 

“Uhmmm. I think I need to go now. My mom is looking for me already.” Goeun told us while looking at her phone.

 

“Me too. I didn’t sign up for this.” Chaewon added.

 

“Wait. Can I eat your remaining ice cream?” Hyewon asked Chaewon and Chaewon handed it to her.

 

“I guess Wonyoung and I need to leave now too.” Yujin stood up and went to Wonyoung’s side.

 

“Okay. Let’s call it a day.Thank you guys for your time. It’s really fun. Let’s see each other soon.” Eunbi stood up.

 

“Yup. Really FUN.” Minjoo grinned and still fascinated about what happened earlier.

 

The rest of the girls stood up and awkwardly left Yena and I at the table.

 

I buried my face with both of my hands. Yena was just staring at me.

 

What the hell did I do? This is so embarrassing.

 

Kill me now.

 

My thoughts were consuming me and I was so shy and embarrassed.

 

I heard Yena stood up and she slowly went to me. She offered me her hand. “Can I walk you home to your dorm, Yuri?”

 

I looked at her and she’s smiling at me.

 

I felt relieved.

 

We held hands as we went outside.

 

As we were walking, I was still staring at the ground.

 

I didn’t have any idea why I did that.

 

I just did it.

 

Because I couldn’t control it anymore.

 

I was so helpless and I did things without knowing the consequences of my actions.

 

Now, I didn’t have any idea how to explain things to them.

 

I was so confused and embarrassed.

 

What the hell.

 

Suddenly, I felt Yena stopped walking.

 

I looked at her and she’s staring at something.

 

I looked at where she’s staring at.

 

It’s an accessory shop.

 

She opened the door and pulled me inside and she won’t let go of my hand.

 

She’s busy looking for something and I’m just watching her.

 

Suddenly, she asked me something.

 

“What’s your favourite color?”

 

“Huh? Uhmm. Pink?”

 

She picked up the pink ribbon hair tie and went to the cashier to pay for it. After paying, she held my hand again and we went outside.

 

She removed the black hair tie and put it inside her pocket. She tied her hair in a high ponytail using the pink ribbon hair tie that she bought.

 

“There you go. We have a matching hair tie.” She smiled at me. “You thought I didn’t notice that you tied your hair using my purple ribbon hair tie. Didn’t you?” She grinned.

 

“I.... uhhh... I’m.... not...” I stuttered and stared at the ground.

 

 

She poked my hair tie and she lifted my face. She met my eyes.

 

 

 

“My favourite color and my favourite person.”

 

 

 

I blushed so hard.

 

 

 

I felt all the butterflies were flying inside my stomach.

 

 

 

We both giggled.

 

 

 

I looked deeply into her eyes while we’re walking.

 

 

 

“Uhm. Yena?”

 

 

 

“Hmmm?”

 

 

 

“Do you still remember that you owe me a dare?”

 

 

 

She chuckled. “Yeah. What is your dare?”

 

 

 

I held her hand and looked at her intently.

 

 

 

 

 

“Please let me be the only person who can only hold your hand like this.”

 

 

 

 

 

We stopped...

 

 

 

...and she smiled.

 

 

 

 

Only You.”

 

 

 

 

She carefully cupped my face with her hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She slowly leaned her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

My heart was beating fast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I could hear the beat of our heartbeats in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

My heart was so warm...

 

 

 

 

 

 

...Despite of this cold weather.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Is this real?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Am I not dreaming at all?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Can someone pinch me in the cheeks?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Is it happening now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Is it finally...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Our First Kiss.

 

 

 

[[a/n: Hello. I finally got my together. HAHAHA. I would like to grab this opportunity to thank you everyone for your outmost support. I don’t deserve all of your love and support. It made me feel better quickly. I’m really grateful. <3 I’m sorry if I couldn’t reply to all of your messages these past few days because I’ve been very busy, but I will reply now. Sorry. HAHAHA. Tell me your thoughts about it! I would love to hear it. xoxo]]

[[a/n: That person sent me a DM on my IG and he apologized. I forgave him and let’s move on and live a happy life. <3]]

Let’s connect! Follow me on IG & Twitter: @yenaxyuri

 

REFERENCES:

Yena and Yuri Matching Hair Tie (I couldn't find the source of this photo)