CHAPTER 10: You're Not Going Anywhere

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

“Will anyone of you would like to explain to us what you did there the other night?” Yena stood still and crossed her arms while looking at these four culprits who were sitting on the floor against the wall at the hallway.

 

“Will anyone like to speak up?” Yuri crossed her arms and walked back and forth while looking at them intently.

 

They were interrogating the four primary suspects:

 

  1. Bae Eun Young
  2. Jang Gyu Ri
  3. Lee Sian
  4. Kim Si Hyun

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRyIVwpghEo

[[a/n: This could be probably the worst video editing you’ll ever see. I’m sorry. LOL. I just got bored and I know it’s lame. LOL]]

 

The four primary suspects were trying their best to not meet the victims’ eyes. They all keep looking somewhere else because they knew if they meet their eyes, one of them would probably speak up.

 

“Who started all of this?” “Yuri asked them.

 

No one was speaking up for a few moments. The tension was rising and the culprits couldn’t handle it anymore. Finally, Sian spoke up.

 

“Here’s what happened.”

 

 

 

BONUS SCENE:

*** CONTINUATION OF FLASHBACK ***

 

“Okay ladies! Listen up! This is going to be interesting.” Sian rubbed the palm of her hands.

 

“So what’s the plan?” Si Hyun asked.

 

Sian looked at them with the point blank expression on her face.

 

“I don’t have any.” Sian scratched the back of her neck.

 

“What?! Then why do you call us here? We thought you have a plan?”

 

“Duuuuh! That’s why I called all of you here because I’m dumb and I can’t think of any plan.”

 

“Oh my god!”

 

“Jeeez! Okay. We need to know what our goal is first.” Eun Young face palmed.

 

“Our goal is to let the two of them became close.” Gyu Ri suggested.

 

“Right! Any ideas?”

 

“What if we let them sit together in the canteen later when we eat our dinner?”

 

“I doubt it. Yena will probably run away or she’ll just not eat at all.” Yi Ren answered.

 

“Then let’s tie her down on the chair.” Sian suggested.

 

“No !  We need to make it more natural. Besides, Yuri may also run away because she’s really quiet and shy.” Eun Young objected.

 

“Shy, huh?” Sian smirked and crossed her arms.

 

“What are you thinking?” Gyu Ri started to become suspicious.

 

Sian looked somewhere.

 

“I know what we’re going to do.”

 

*** INSERT SIAN’S EVIL LAUGH AGAIN ***

 

 

 

FEW HOURS LATER...

Gyu Ri, Sian and Eun Young were standing at the front door of Yuri’s room. Eun Young looked at the wall clock. Its sixteen minutes before the dinner time and one minute before the mission time. They were all anxious if the plan would work.

 

“Hey are you sure we’re going to do this? What if Yuri will get mad at us?” Eun Young was worried she kept fidgeting her fingers.

 

“She won’t. She’ll probably thank us instead if this became successful.” Sian assured Eun Young.

 

“Are you sure? Because this is really nerve wrecking.”

 

“Yes. Just act natural.”

 

It’s now exactly fifteen minutes before the dinner time.

 

“Be ready ladies. It’s showtime.” Sian confidently went on the door. Eun Young and Gyu Ri were behind her. Sian knocked on the door. The three culprits immediately analyzed the room when one of Yuri’s roommates opened up the door. They noticed that there were only two people inside the room. Yuri was peacefully sleeping on her bed, and the one who opened the door.

 

“Hi! We’re just here to pick up Yuri.” Sian greeted and pointed at Yuri who’s sleeping.

 

“Sure. Come in! Should I wake her up?”

 

The three of them entered the room. Sian sat on Yuri’s bed while Eun Young and Gyu Ri remained standing.

 

“No! It’s fine. We’ll take good care of her.” Sian evilly grinned at Yuri’s roommate.

 

“Uhhhh. Okay.” Yuri’s roommate scratched her head and turned around.

 

“Oh. By the way, the staff told us that everyone should be in the canteen right at this moment that’s why we’re here just to let you guys know.” Gyu Ri whispered at Yuri’s roommate.

 

“Really?  I should probably leave now.”

 

“Yes. You should better hurry.” Sian evilly grinned at Yuri’s roommate again. Eun Young quickly and lightly hit Sian’s arms to stop her from creeping Yuri’s roommate out.

 

“Uhhhh. Okaaaay? I’ll leave now. Excuse me.”

 

The three culprits waved good bye at her. Yuri’s roommate finally left the room.

 

“What happened to ‘Just act natural’? You’re creeping her out!” Eun Young quickly hit Sian’s arm again.

 

“Ouch! We don’t have much time!” Sian held her arm.

 

“Hmmmmm.” Yuri moaned and changed sleeping position.

 

“Shhhhhh! Be quiet! We might wake her up.” Gyu Ri whispered and covered Sian’s mouth.

 

When Yuri stopped from moving, the three culprits started their next move.

 

Sian get something from her pocket, it’s a tiny bottle with some liquid in it.

 

“Cover your nose or don’t breathe at all for like five seconds.” Sian reminded the two culprits behind her. She started to open the lid of the tiny bottle and put it near Yuri’s nose so she could smell it.

 

“Hmmmm... Hmmmm..” Yuri moaned again and moved her head a little. Sian immediately hid the bottle again inside her pocket.

 

“What the hell is that for?” Gyu Ri asked Sian.

 

“It’s a special scent.”

 

“A special scent? What kind of special scent?”

 

“I don’t know. I just bought it online.”

 

“What? Did you even try it?” Eun Young started to get worried.

 

“Uhmmmmmm. No.” Sian scratched her head.

 

“What the heck?! You don’t even tried it and yet you tried it to Yuri?!”

 

“Hmmmm.. Hmmmm.. Yuri moaned again and bit her lip. “You’re so cute.” She chuckled.

 

The three culprits looked at each other in confusion.

 

“Wa... Waiiit. Is she sleeptalking? Is she hallucinating?” Gyu Ri asked the both of them.

 

“I think so.” Sian scratched her cheeks.

 

Yuri chuckled again in her sleep.

 

“What the heck? Did you drugged Yuri?!” Eun Young lightly hit Sian’s arm.

 

“I don’t know! I just bought it from a random online shop. I read it once on the internet that there are some certain scents that could relax your brain or something. So I decided to give it a try and searched some scents on some random online shops. I decided to buy that one because the description says ‘Smell it in times of trouble’. I’m always in trouble so that’s why I chose this one.”

 

“Uhm. Sure.” Yuri kept on talking on her sleep.

 

Sian immediately picked her phone up from her pocket and started to film Yuri while she’s sleeping.

 

“What are you doing? We’re on a mission.” Gyu Ri whispered at Sian.

 

“I know. But let’s do some side missions for a while.” Sian evilly smirked.

 

After the three culprits successfully carried on the first step of their mission with the side mission of filming and making fun of Yuri while she’s sleeping, Yuri finally woke up. Of course, chaos and many cover ups happened. After that, the three culprits and the first victim went to the canteen to eat their dinner.

 

Sian saw the Si Hyun and Yi Ren were already with Yena. They gave each other a nod as a signal to proceed to the next step. They grabbed their food and decided to sit apart so they would not be so obvious. The next step of their mission is to drag Yena to Yuri’s table and let the two have a talk to each other.

 

They also successfully carried on the next step of their mission. When Yena and Yuri left the canteen, Si Hyun replaced Yuri on her seat. The four culprits were having a quick meeting before following them.

 

“Where’s Yi Ren?” Sian asked Si Hyun.

 

“She stayed on our table. She backed out.”

 

“Why?”

 

“She told me she’s tired but she promised she won’t tell anything to Yena.”

 

“Are you sure she didn’t tell anything?”

 

“Yeah. She actually go with the flow of our conversation a while ago with Yena.”

 


“Okay. Good. Let’s follow them.”

 

The four culprits quickly stood up and left the canteen. They carefully followed the two. It’s been few minutes and the victims just kept walking at the hallway. They already explored the whole place for like three times already and the four culprits were getting tired.

 

“What is this two even doing? Do they know where are they going?” Eun Young asked them while still following the victims.

 

“I really have no idea what the heck is going on. My legs hurt already.” Gyu Ri complained while holding her leg.

 

“Why Yuri kept on walking? She’s like confused and puzzled. She even brought her spoon with her.” Si Hyun noticed.

 

“Because Sian did something a while ago.” Eun Young revealed.

 

“What?! What did you do Sian?”

 

“I let her smell a special scent while she’s sleeping.” Sian answered.

 

“What is that special scent? Wait! Did you drugged your friend?!”

 

“No! I didn’t.... Uhmm.. Maybe??... I just wanted her to gain confidence because you guys told me a while ago that she’s quiet and shy so I decided to try it on her.”

 

“Ohmygod. You’re crazy---“

 

Eun Young immediately pulled Sian and Si Hyun back at the corner when the victims made a full stop.

 

“What’s going on?” Sian asked.

 

“Shhhhh. I think they’re finally talking.” Eun Young replied.

 

The four of them were trying to sneak peek and to eavesdrop at their conversation.

 

“What are they talking about?” Gyu Ri asked.

 

“It seems like Yuri is thinking about something.” Si Hyun kept staring at the two victims.

 

Yuri suddenly pointed her spoon near Yena’s neck.

 

“Ohmygod----!” Sian almost shouted.

 

“What the hell are you doing?! They might see us.” Eun Young quickly covered .

 

“I don’t want to get arrested for drugging someone for committing a crime.”

 

“What are you talking about? It’s just a freaking plastic spoon.” Si Hyun said in disbelief.

 

“We need to do something quick.” Sian started to panic.

 

“Can you calm down? We’re not caught yet. Don’t tell me you accidentally smelled the scent too?” Eun Young intently stared at Sian’s eyes and held her shoulder.

 

Sian just looked at her and tilted her head on the side.

 

“Uhmm. Sian?”

 

Sian didn’t respond and just tilted her head again on the other side.

 

“What the heck?!”

 

“Oh no. Should we abort the mission? It seems like Sian is going crazy now. What the heck is that special scent is about?!” Si Hyun started to worry.

 

“No. We’re here already. We need to do it for our friends so that they will not grow old alone. Even I don’t want to grow old alone. I want someone who will take good care of me. I want someone who will love me even if my wrinkled showed up in my face. I want to spend my life with that special someone. I wonder who’ll be the one I’m going to marry. I’m always waiting------“ Gyu Ri kept on talking.

 

“What the hell is she talking about?!” Si Hyun asked Eun Young while pointing at Gyu Ri who kept on talking about random things.

 

“I really have no idea what the hell is going on.” Eun Young scratched her head.

 

“Looks like you’re the only one sane person here. What are we going to do now?”

 

“We still need to continue the mission. We need to let the two have their own private time. They might be disturbed if we let them talk at the hallway.”

 

“Okay. Any ideas?”

 

“I have an idea.” Sian immediately whispered something at Gyu Ri’s ear while Gyu Ri kept spacing out and kept murmuring some words.

 

“You know what, I really have a bad feeling if Sian is calm like this. Usually, she isn’t calm always. This is not normal at all.” Eun Young whispered at Si Hyun.

 

After Sian whispered something to Gyu Ri, the latter stopped murmuring and paused for a while. Gyu Ri suddenly said something while imitating a male voice.

 

“Is anybody here? This is a highly and strictly restricted place. If any trainees were seen here, we will call your agency.”

 

Yena immediately grabbed Yuri’s hand and went inside the most end room at the left hallway. Eun Young and Si Hyun were surprised at Sian’s brilliant idea for the first time.

 

“Wha... What just ha... happened? What did you say to Gyu Ri?” Si Hyun asked Sian who’s unusually very calm and had a robot expression on her face.

 

“I told her she’s the father of fromis_9 and she needs to do it or else I will tell her wife, Jisun, that she had an affair with a Japanese woman.” Sian then just casually walked where the two victims headed. Eun Young and Gyu Ri looked at each other and were very much confused about what’s going on Sian and Gyu Ri. They followed and Sian and grabbed Gyu Ri’s arm because the latter started to talk again about some random things and she’s unresponsive at all.

 

When they reached the door where the two victims were into, Sian paused for a while and was thinking on something.

 

“Uhmm. Sian? What are we going to do with Gyu Ri, she kept talking nonsense.” Eun Young asked Sian while holding Gyu Ri’s arm.

 

“Let’s leave her outside. She’ll be our lookout outside and you’ll be our lookout inside the hallway. Looks like she’s not going anywhere, she’ll just keep on talking.” Sian answered with a still point blank expression on her face.

 

“Uhmm. Okay?” Eun Young guided Gyu Ri outside and left her there. She gets back from her position.

 

Si Hyun was beside Sian, and she’s just watching her. The latter went inside the room beside the room where the two victims were, and grabbed a chair and jammed it under the doorknob of the room where Yena and Yuri were into to lock it.

 

She twisted the knob and she found out that it was locked inside. After that, Sian just casually walked inside the room next to the victims’ room and sat on the dusty chair with her eyes closed and arms crossed. Si Hyun followed her and she’s starting to creep out about Sian’s weird and peaceful behaviour.

 

Si Hyun tried to listen to the victims’ conversation but it was too quiet by placing her ear against the wall. Suddenly, she heard a bickering inside that room.

 

“Sian? I think they are arguing. The plan is not going well.” Si Hyun looked at Sian but she wasn’t responding at all.

 

“Sian?” Si Hyun went to Sian and she’s still not responding. She went to her and shook her arms.

 

“Sian? Hey Sian!”

 

Si Hyun then lightly slapped Sian’s face and she finally woke up and she screamed.

 

“What the hell?!” Si Hyun quickly covered .

 

When she finally calmed down, Si Hyun slowly removed her hand from Sian’s mouth but she started to scream again.

 

“What the hell is your problem?! Stop screaming! We’re on a mission!” Si Hyun quickly covered again.

 

“A mission? Right.” Sian quickly stood up composed herself and pressed Si Hyun against the wall and put weight on Si Hyun’s hands using her hands. She leaned her face near to Si Hyun’s face.

 

“What the are you doing?!” Si Hyun was shocked.

 

“I’m doing the mission.”

 

“What the hell are you talking about?! This is not the mission!”

 

“Ohh. Yeah. Right. I forgot.” Sian confusingly scratched the back of her neck.

 

“Jeez! What’s wrong with your hormones?”

 

*** YENA AND YURI KEPT ON BICKERING AT THE BACKGROUND ***

 

Sian looked around the room and she saw a box full of props. She opened it and searched something inside the box.

 

“Hmmm. I think this will work.” Sian picked up something from the box and went to the window then she called Gyu Ri at the outside by the window. Sian gave instructions to Gyu Ri and handed her the sticky spider prank toy. She told her to throw the sticky spider prank toy at the window of the room where Yuri and Yena where into and to run immediately afterwards.

 

When Gyu Ri throw the sticky spider prank toy at the window, she didn’t even run. She remained standing and kept murmuring some random words.

 

“Ohmygod! Why she isn’t moving at all?” Si Hyun panicked.

 

Sian quickly jumped from the window and hurt her ankle to drag Gyu Ri down on the ground. Luckily, Sian was just in time before the two victims inside the room stood up from falling and before they saw them.

 

Gyu Ri was on top of Sian and she attempted to kiss her.

 

“What the hell are you doing Gyu Ri?! I don’t want to become your another mistress!” Sian was pushing Gyu Ri’s face away.

 

“Did you know that kissing burns calories, strengthens your immune system, relieves aches and pains, and prevents cavities?” Gyu Ri said while still attempting to kiss Sian.

 

“Oh? Really? Then we should try then. I want to burn some extra calories. I ate two cups of rice today.” Sian pouted her lips.

 

“Ohmygod! Get a room!” Si Hyun whispered loudly at them. She jumped from the window and she’s just in time in removing Sian on top of Gyu Ri and moving them aside before the two kiss.

 

Eun Young saw someone was approaching the mission area, so she went outside and immediately called their attention.

 

“Guys! Someone is coming!” Eun Young whispered loudly.

 

“Quick! We need to clean up! We shouldn’t leave any evidence! Who’s coming?” Si Hyun told the two but the two is not paying attention and they’re just busy cuddling.

 

“But we didn’t have much time. It’s Na Goeun.” Eun Young panicked.

 

“Guys! What the hell are you doing?! Someone is approaching!” Si Hyun tried to break them from cuddling each other.

 

“Calm down. We got this.” Sian assured them. She’s unusually calm and it’s not really normal ever. She grabbed Gyu Ri’s hand and went inside the hallway. She left her there. Gyu Ri was still murmuring some random words.

 

Sian went inside the room next to the room of the two victims and she peeked at the window.

 

“Come inside. She’ll be our distraction. We need to clean up now.”

 

Eun Young and Si Hyun looked at each other confusingly. They quickly went inside and they cleaned up any evidences that might lead up to them. They carefully removed the chair from locking the doorknob, they closed the window, and they clean up the messed inside the room.

 

MEANWHILE...

Goeun was walking at the hallway when she saw Gyu Ri talking to herself.

 

“Hi Gyu Ri, are you alright?” Goeun stared at Gyu Ri intently. She was concerned because Gyu Ri was just staring out of nowhere and she’s just murmuring some random words.

 

“Uhmm. Gyu Ri?” Goeun held Gyu Ri’s arm and shook it a little.

 

“Did you know that the human nose can remember 50,000 different scents?” Gyu Ri blurted out.

 

“Ohhh. Really?” Goeun felt weird.

 

“Yeah.” Gyu Ri came close to Goeun and sniffed her.

 

“I smelled something from you.” Gyu Ri continued.

 

“What is it? Do I smell bad?” Goeun sniffed her shirt.

 

Gyu Ri widen her eyes and grinned at Goeun. “No. I smell gay.”

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Goeun was confused.

 

“Wait. I could smell another one.” Gyu Ri sniffed her again.

 

“What is it now?”

 

Gyu Ri widen her eyes and grinned at Goeun again. “I smell you like someone here in Produce 48.”

 

Goeun took a step back. “Huh?.. Wha... What are you saying? I couldn’t understand.”

 

“Did you know that studies show that on average, everyone met their soulmate before turning twenty one years old? Maybe the person you like is your soulmate.” Gyu Ri stared at Goeun with blank expression on her face.

 

“I uhhh... Uhhmm..  How would I even know?”

 

Gyu Ri stared at Goeun eyes. “Sometimes it will only take four seconds when you looked at that person’s eyes” Gyu Ri then touched Goeun shoulders “Or it will only take three seconds when you touched any part of that person’s body. Then you will just feel the skip of your heartbeat.”

 

“I uhhh... Is that so?” Goeun looked away and scratched her cheeks.

 

The three culprits successfully cleaned up any evidence. Sian’s arms were on the shoulders of Si Hyun and Eun Young because Sian had a difficulty in walking as they carefully sneaked out the hallway. When they were outside, Si Hyun gave signals to Gyu Ri who’s still in a confusing state and keep talking about random stuffs to Go Eun to leave now.

 

“Okay Good bye. Did you know that psychology says that sometimes some humans reciprocate their feelings to the person who confessed that they like them? You better tell that person what you feel or else you will grow old alone and no one will take good care of you. Remember, it’s now or never.” Gyu Ri casually walked at the hallway as she went outside.

 

“Erhhh..  Thaa.. Thanks.. I guess?.. Good bye?” Goeun confusingly waved good bye at Gyu Ri who’s already at the exit.

 

Goeun sighed and paused for a while because she was shocked about the loads of information that Gyu Ri gave her. Suddenly, she heard some voices that were bickering somewhere. She followed the voice and searched for it.

 

When she went to the room that she believed where the voices came from, she placed her ear into the door to listen and she heard screaming about murdering someone. She was taken aback when she heard that but she gained courage when she held the door knob tightly.

 

She slowly opened the door.

 

She saw two people looked at the door at the same time.

 

"Uhmm. Hello?" Gouen was nervous.

 

Yuri hid her spoon at her back and Yena immediately stood up. The bickering duo still couldn't recognize Goeun’s face because the bright light still hurt their eyes.

 

But Goeun could see their faces clearly.

 

Specifically, she met someone’s eyes...

 

....and her heart skipped a beat.

 

"Yena? Yuri? What are you guys doing here?"

 

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

 

“That’s what happened.” Sian ended the whole story.

 

“So basically, what you’re trying to say is that all five of you set us up?” Yena asked them.

 

“It’s just four of us who actually implemented the plan, Yi Ren backed out.” Gyu Ri added.

 

 “Why did she back out?”

 

“We had no idea. She just said she didn’t want to do it but she promised she will never tell you about the plan.” Si Hyun answered.

 

A staff saw them at the hallway and told them that no bystanders were allowed at the area and they need to go back to their own dorms or to eat at the canteen.

 

“You all owe us big time.” Yuri reminded the four culprits.

 

Yuri and Yena went ahead first to the canteen. The four culprits stood up and group hugged.

 

“Uhmmm.. Eun Young why is your hand on my chest?” Gyu Ri asked her in the middle of group hugging.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. Just checking.”

 

MISSION: SUCCESS

 

...or not???

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

[[YURI’S POV]]

 

THE NEXT DAY...

It’s the Pick Me Center Selection day and all the class A trainees were all prepared to showcase their charisma and talents. The remaining trainees from class B to class F will vote from any trainee to class A who they think deserved to become the center for the song ‘Pick Me! Nekkoya!’ We all went inside the studio and we were all excited for their performances. We watched and rated each of the trainees in class A. After the voting as expected, Miyawaki Sakura was the center for the song.

 

After the Pick Me center selection, some of the trainees went straight to the dorms and some went to the practice room. Yena and I decided to go to the dorms.

 

When we’re on our way out there, we bumped into Yi Ren.

 

“Hey Yi Ren! I heard you’re also part of Sian’s plan on us the other night?” Yena smirked on her. She put her arm on Yi Ren’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah. But I kinda quit.” Yi Ren scratched her cheek.

 

“Why?”

 

“Every time Sian is planning on something, it’s really crazy and scary at the same time.”

 

“ Yup! You’re right! What happened the other night was really scary. This girl beside me almost killed me.” Yena pointed at me.

 

“What did you say?” I pinched her arm. Yi Ren giggled at us.

 

“Ouch! I’m just joking!” Yena held her arm. “Anyway Yi Ren, where were you when that happened?” Yena looked at Yi Ren.

 

“I.. Uhmmm. I went straight to my room.”

 

“Is that so?” Yena narrowed her eyes at Yi Ren.

 

“Yeaaaahh? Why?” Yi Ren awkwardly turned her look away.

 

“Nothing! I’m just making sure. Yuri and I are still thinking on how we will revenge on those four culprits. Right Yuri?” Yena looked at me.

 

“Yeah.” I answered.

 

“I see. I wish you luck. Sian alone is really crazy. Anyway, I need to go now. I promised my roommates that we will see each other at the practice room right away. Have a nice date you two!” Yi Ren teased Yena and she waved goodbye at us while walking away. I smiled and waved back.

 

“Asdghdsf... hjfsdljlslk.. We’re not... I mean.. Hey Yireeeen!  Uhhh .We.. Heeeey!.” Yena was blushing.

 

Yi Ren turned her back at us and giggled. She jogged her way to the practice room and we went our way to the dorm. We decided to stay in my room and she lay down on my bed.

 

“I’m sleepy.” She yawned.

 

“Already? It’s still noon.” I chuckled.

 

“Yeah. Can I sleep here?” Her eyes were half closed.

 

“Sure. Just don’t drool on my pillow.”

 

“Yaaaah! I’m not” She chuckled. Her eyes were fully closed.

 

I giggled and I stared at her sleeping face. I paused for a while and took a deep breath.

 

“Hey Yena.”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“What are you going to do in our two weeks break after the fan meeting?”

 

“Hmmm. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just play games or watch movies. Why?”

 

“Nothing. Go to sleep.”

 

 

 

FEW EVENTS HAPPENED PRIOR TO THE FAN MEETING...

Everyone included and participated in Produce 48 became much busier than expected. All trainees film their own profile photoshoot, do their own PR, while others were rehearsing for the song. In a practice room, I’m sitting on the floor with some of my co-trainees. Yena was beside me and she’s filming for her self cam.

 

Yena the camera and I put my finger inside her eyeglasses without lenses.

 

 “Annyeonghaseyo” She giggled and she showed me on the camera. I low-key felt like she’s introducing me to the world as her girl. “This is Yena Cam” she continued.

 

“What’s your name?” She pointed me the camera but when I’m about to introduce myself, she quickly turned the camera away from me and pointed it to Lee Kaeun and returned it back from me. She really liked teasing me a lot.

 

“I wanna do it too” I insisted.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Hi! I’m vocalist, 18 year old, Jo Yuri from STONE Music.” I introduced myself and she’s amazed how I introduce myself and I felt quite happy.

 

“Do something cute!” She requested.

 

I immediately posed something cute for her.

 

“One more!”

 

I posed again for her.

 

“Ooohh. Another one!”

 

I kept on posing just for her and I could saw the reactions on her face and I felt relieved that I made her smile. She quickly turned the camera to Lee Kaeun because she couldn’t resist my cuteness anymore and I could see that she’s starting to blush and she didn’t want it to make it obvious. I quickly moved aside when she started to film Kaeun. I returned back to my position when she started to film Na Goeun.

 

“What’s your name?” Yena asked Goeun.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Na Goeun from RBW.”

 

“What were you up to?” Yena zoomed in the camera to Goeun.

 

“I was practicing, so my bangs they’re all wet.” Gouen touched her bangs.

 

“You look fine!” Yena zoomed in the camera more at her and she’s smiling.

 

“No! No!” Goeun got shy and tried to cover her face with her hand.

 

“No, seriously, you look fine.” Yena met Goeun’s eyes and she smiled at her.

 

Goeun quickly turned her head away from the camera and I noticed a bit of redness on her cheeks when I looked at her.

 

I felt something weird in my chest.

 

She quickly composed herself and looked at the camera. “I’ll show you my special skill. I can imitate a chicken.”

 

When Goeun imitated a chicken, Yena was amazed on her.

 

“Woah. What was that?”

 

“A chicken.”

 

“Chicken? We need someone to be a chicken...”

 

Yena quickly focused the camera on me.

 

“You can be the chicken.”

 

I couldn’t understand why I didn’t object. I couldn’t understand why I automatically follow whatever she’ll tell me to do. I couldn’t understand why I am so whipped.

 

I acted like a chicken and Goeun voiced over as the chicken.

 

“That was great!” Yena was really satisfied.

 

As she stood up from the floor, she smiled at me and I smiled back.

 

I felt the warm feeling in my chest.

 

Yena started to roam around the room and I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Goeun was intently watching her filming and chatting with other trainees inside the practice room.

 

“Uhmm. Yuri?” Goeun called my attention and smiled at me.

 

I turned my head and smiled at her. “Yes?”

 

“You and Yena must be really close, aren’t you?” She smiled back.

 

“Uhmm. Yes. I guess?” I looked away. I got shy every time I talked about Yena.

 

“I really like her.”

 

My eyes got widen and I quickly turned my head at her.

 

“No! I mean. She’s a likeable person. I think everyone likes her. Look at her.” She chuckled and pointed at Yena who’s interviewing Eun Young while doing her self cam video.

 

“Ohhhh. Yes. She really is.” I smiled and nodded.

 

“Anyway, I will practice again. Would you like to join me?” She stood up and fixed her shorts.

 

“Go ahead. I will wait for Yena, but thank you for the offer.” I smiled at her.

 

“Alright then.” She smiled back and went to the center of the room to join the other trainees who were already practicing. While she’s walking, she poked Yena’s cheeks while the latter was still doing her self cam video. Yena grinned at her.

 

There’s something wrong in my chest.

 

Why do I feel this way?

 

-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

THE DAY OF PICK ME REHEARSAL SHOOTING and PICK ME FINAL SHOOTING...

This is a long and tiring day for us because we’ve been rehearsing and filming the song for a couple of times already. The shots need to be perfect and we should all look good on camera when our individual videos in our practice clothes will be uploaded.

 

During rehearsal break, I sat on the floor. I saw Yuri was busy chatting with the Japanese trainees in the class F. While I was staring at her, someone tapped my shoulder.

 

“Hi Yena!” Goeun smiled at me.

 

“Hey. What’s up?” I smiled back.

 

“It’s really tiring. My bangs are wet again.” She chuckled while she held her bangs.

 

“Already?” I touched her bangs. “Oh. You’re right!” We both giggled.

 

“Uhmm. By the way, what are you going to do in our two weeks break after the fan meeting?”

 

“Hmmm. Just the usual. How about you?”

 

“Maybe I’ll go out somewhere and relax for a bit.” She looked away and scratched her cheeks. “Hey. I’m just thinking if I could... Uhmmm... if I... if you.. if... Uhmmm.. If you would like to... uhmm.. hang out with me on Saturday? If only you won’t do anything in our two weeks break. But if you’re not available, it’s fine.” She gave me a thumbs up.

 

“Uhmmm. Sure.” I smiled at her.

 

“Really? Ohmygod! Thanks!” She hugged me quickly.

 

Suddenly, the staff announced that we should now all changed clothes in our uniform for the final filming of Pick Me. When we’re changing our clothes in the dressing area, I saw Yuri struggling to pin her name tag on her clothes.

 

“Hey. Let me do it for you.” I told her. She handed me her name tag and I pinned it for her. “There you go.” I smiled at her but she’s not smiling back and she’s looking somewhere else. She looked like she’s in deep thought and there’s something bothering her.

 

“Uhmm. Yuri?” I snapped my finger in front of her.

 

“Ohh! I’m sorry. Thanks.”

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Yes. I’m just nervous.” She awkwardly laughed.

 

“Are you really sure? It seems like you’re not.” I narrowed my eyes on her.

 

“Yes. Don’t worry! I’m fine.” She smiled at me. But I really felt that there’s something wrong in here.

 

“Hey guys!” Eunbi showed out of nowhere. “I finally found you two. Anyway, I would like to invite you two to play bowling on Saturday on our two weeks break. Chaeyeon and Yujin will come.”

 

“Sure. Sounds great.” Yuri accepted the invite.

 

“Cool! How about you Yena?” Eunbi was anticipating my answer. Yuri also looked at me.

 

“Saturday? Erhh... Uhmm.. Goeun asked me to hang out with her this Saturday. So, uhmmm.. I ----“

 

“Then let’s invite her. Tell her to come too. That would be great! We could do 3 vs 3.” Eunbi suggested. Coincidentally, Goeun was walking passed by us. Eunbi called her.

 

“Hey Goeun! I heard you’re hanging out with Yena this Saturday. Would you like to join us bowling instead? Yena, Yuri, Chaeyeon, Yujin and I will be there.”

 

“Really? Sure! I think that would be a great idea. Thanks for inviting me!” Goeun smiled happily.

 

“Great! See you three there then.” Eunbi waved good bye at us.

 

The staff announced that we should all go back to the main stage for the filming. As we went back there, Yuri was beside me and she’s unusually quiet. I was about to talk to her but the staff called her to join the other trainees in class F, and I went back to the stage.

 

I glanced at her one more time.

 

Why do I feel so bothered?

 

I felt like I’ve done something wrong.

 

 

THE FAN MEETING DAY...

The fan meeting was located at Sangam-dong in Mapo-gu where the ninety six contestants will be introduced to the public. We’re all inside the big room and the staff oriented us about what were the things we need to know and we need to do. Few minutes later, we all went outside the big room and now we’re inside the merchandise store of the Produce series. We were amazed by the stuffs inside the store. Goeun saw me and we had a chat while looking for different items. I was looking for Yuri at that time but I couldn’t find her anywhere.

 

Finally, the staff announced that we’re about to leave the store and we’re about to go outside so we all need to line up. I was in line when Yuri walked beside me and grabbed my hand.

 

“Wha.... whaaa.. What are you doooo... doing?” I was surprised. My heart started to beat fast. I stared at her and she’s just keeping a straight face and her eyes were fixated in front of her. She didn’t respond at all.

 

The line started to move and when we’re almost near the door...

 

Her grip on my hand was getting tighter...

 

I saw her took a deep breath...

 

She turned her head at me...

 

It felt like it was in slow motion...

 

Her eyes met mine...

 

You’re Not Going Anywhere, Yena.”

 

The door opened.

 

But my heart was already closed.

 

“I won’t..

 

... I’m yours.”

 

[[a/n: Yow wazzup my fellow WIZ*ONE. This took me so long because I was so busy this holiday and I was so busy hyping IZ*ONE’s debut. I’m so glad that our girls have a successful debut <3 Anyway, this chapter have a lot of references so it also took me time compiling and searching for it. I always give my heart on everything that I do and I really love YulYen so much that’s why I’m giving my best. So I hope you enjoy this chapter. Love lots! Xoxo! Tell me your thoughts about it!]]

Let’s connect! Follow me on IG and Twitter: @yenaxyuri

 

PS. Lesson learned from the Bonus Scene: Don’t just buy anything from any online shops. Always double check ;)

 

REFERENCES:

Appa Jang Gyu Ri and Omma Roh Jisun (Video)

 

Pick Me Center Selection Battle Video

 

Yena Self Cam

 

Yena and Yuri (All PR)

 

Pick Me (Behind The Scene)

 

Pick Me (Yena and Yuri Individual Cam)

 

Pick Me (Video)

 

Fan Meeting

 

Fan Meeting (YulYen Photos)