CHAPTER 13 (PART 3): Right Now and Right Time

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

“I like you.” I shouted.

 

She gasped.

 

I was confused why she’s not moving at all and she’s just staring at me with eyes opened wide and her jaw was slightly dropped.

 

“What’s the problem?” I looked at her confusingly.

 

And she’s not responding at all.

 

I quickly looked at the screen of my phone.

 

And I realized that the music already ended.

 

I stared at her helplessly.

 

“I uhhh... I’m... I uhhhh...” I stuttered my words.

 

She coughed. “Uhmm. Maybe I just heard it wrong.” She awkwardly laughed.

 

“Ahhh. Ye... Yes. You just probably heard it wrong.” I scratched the back of my head. “What I’m actually saying is “My Nephew.”” I awkwardly laughed too.

 

My nephew? I wanted to choke myself for my lame excuse.

 

“Yeeeaaahhh. You’re right.” She awkwardly smiled.

 

*** AWKWARD SILENCE ***

 

“Anyway, let’s go back?”  I suggested without looking at her eyes because I was so embarrassed at myself.

 

“Okay.” She nodded.

 

We walked back to our own respective practice room with the presence of awkwardness. But at least we managed to have a small talk despite of my stupid and failed attempt of confessing to her. I’m always that coward type of person whose gay panic kept attacking me every time she’s around.

 

We reached to the point where we need to go on separate ways because her designated practice room was on the other way and my designated practice room was the opposite of her way.

 

“So, uhmm.. See you around?” I smiled at her.

 

“Sure. See you.” She smiled back and she turned around. She walked her way back to her practice room.

 

I sighed deeply and loudly.

 

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice spoke from behind me.

 

“So, what are you doing? Sneaking behind Goeun’s back?”

 

I quickly turned around and I found out it was Yi Ren.

 

I covered my mouth out of surprise. “Jeeeez! You startled me.” I exhaled loudly.

 

She just smirked at me.

 

“I’m not sneaking at anyone’s back, okay?” I objected.  “Wait. What did you know?”

 

“Seriously? You didn’t know?” She narrowed her eyes at me.

 

“Know what?”

 

“Some trainees here in this show know that you and Goeun are dating.” She crossed her arms. “You really don’t know?”

 

Really?

 

“Oh. Right.” I scratched the back of my head. “I thought you’re talking about something else.” I awkwardly giggled. “Anyway, what are you doing here?”

 

“I went to the comfort room and I was just about to go back to my practice room and then I saw you and Yuri here. How about you? What you and Yuri did?” She smirked at me.

 

I looked away because I was embarrassed. “Not...Nothing. We just played a game.” I awkwardly laughed.

 

“I see.” She snickered. “I’ll go back now. You should go back too. Practice well.” She patted my shoulder and jogged her way back to her practice room.

 

“Thanks, you too.” I smiled at her.

 

When I’m about to walk, she quickly turned around at me and she called my name.

 

 

 

 

“Yena?”

 

 

 

 

“Yup?”

 

 

 

 

She gave me a quick smile “Try harder.” She turned around and she jogged her way back again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Try harder?

 

 

 

 

 

 

What does she mean?

 

 

 

 

I kept thinking what she meant about that as I walked my way back to my practice room. When I arrived there, I saw my teammates were having a quick break before practicing again. I joined them as I sat on the floor with them.

 

“Unnie. Why do you take so long? Where have you been?” Wonyoung asked me.

 

“Uhmm. Just there” I scratched my cheeks. “By the way, where’s Yujin , Hitomi and Goeun?”

 

“Yujin-unnie is there talking to Minjoo-unnie in Very Very Very team 2” Wonyoung pointed at Yujin who’s talking with Minjoo across the room since both teams were using the practice room. “While, Goeun and Hitomi grabbed some bottled waters for us. I think they are on their way back.”

 

“I see. Aren’t you getting jealous?” I while pouting at Yujin and Minjoo.

 

“Nope.” She smiled at me. “I’m fine with this.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I know one day she will realize my worth.” She giggled. “But for now, I assure her that I will always be here for her. I’m her best friend after all.”

 

I smiled at her and I messed her hair.

 

This little kiddo. I mean giant baby kiddo.

 

Knowing one’s worth, huh?

 

I was consumed by my thoughts at the moment and I didn’t notice Wonyoung was still staring at me.

 

“What’s the problem, unnie?” She pouted.

 

I startled and I came back to my senses. “Noo... Nothing. I was just thinking of something.” I laughed awkwardly.

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

I stared at her for a short moment and I was thinking if I should really ask her about things like this because for me she’s still a baby but sometime she’s really unpredictable so I taught why not gave it a try. “Uhmm...” I looked away. “I’m just thinking ho.... Erh... How would yo... you... know if yo... you’re... worthy to... a particular person?”

 

“Hmmm.” She sat upright as she was thinking deeply while pouting. Few seconds later, she stared at me. “You will never know.”

 

I leaned myself closer to her and I narrowed my eyes at her. “Huh? What do you mean I will never know?”

 

“I mean it’s that particular person’s business to find if you’re worthy for them and it’s not your business after all.”

 

I stared at her blankly because I’m still processing what she meant.

 

She snickered. “You’re so cute unnie.” She poked my cheeks. “I mean, you shouldn’t base your worth on someone. You should realize your worth and then find someone who’s worthy to be with you.” She took a deep breath before speaking up again. “So, the right question you should ask is, ‘is that person is worth keeping and worth fighting for?’’ She smiled at me brightly.

 

I was in awe and I realized a lot of things from what she had said. I couldn’t believe I’m seeking an advice to a 13 year old kiddo. I pinched her cheeks. “You’re really smart. I wish you could give me some of your brain cells so my only precious and sometimes not working brain cell wouldn’t be lonely anymore.”

[[a/n: Wonyoung is 13 years old (international age) at this time.]]

 

We both laughed and she playfully hit my arm. “No unnie! Hahaha. I actually think I’m that stupid.”

 

“Huh? Yaaaah! Why do you say so?” I looked at her with disbelief.

 

“It’s because I got little jealous every time I think of anyone else having the person I really like...” She paused for a second while staring at her best friend talking and being close with someone else across the room. “...when I don’t even have that person for myself after all.” She smiled sadly.

 

I messed up her hair and smiled at her while she’s looking at me. “I guess we’re both stupid then.”

 

We both giggled.

 

Few moments later, Goeun and Hitomi came back with bottled waters on their hands. They distributed it to us. Goeun went to me and she handed me the bottled water.

 

I accepted it with a smile. “Thanks!” I opened the lid of the bottle and I drank on it.

 

“You’re always welcome.” She smiled back and she sat beside me. “Anyway, where did you go when you sneaked out during our practice a while ago?” She sipped from her bottled water.

 

“Ohhh.” I scratched my cheeks. “Uhmm... I... uhhh... I erhhh... I just uhmmm... you know... get some fresh air outside.” I awkwardly laughed.

 

“Really?” She looked at me suspiciously.

 

“Yeaaaaah.” I avoided her eyes. “I’m sorry for sneaking out so suddenly.” I stared at the ground.

 

“Yaaaah.” She patted my hands and smiled at me. “Don’t worry. I’m not punishing you or anything. I’m just little concerned and I’m just being responsible since I’m the leader of the group and I wanted to do my best to make sure everyone of us is helping and checking each other out.”

 

I looked at her and I nodded my head. “Thanks Goeun. Don’t worry. I will try my best not to sneak out again.”

 

She laughed at me and she rested her head on my shoulder. “Uhmm... Yena?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I just wanted to ask you something. I hope you don’t mind.”

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

She sat upright and she stared at me. “I’m just wondering if you’re still talking to Yuri. Aren’t you?”

 

 

 

 

I was taken aback and I felt like there was a thorn inside my throat.

 

 

 

 

I looked away and I took a deep breath silently before finally speaking up again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We’re not talking that much anymore.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

She nodded and she looked away. “I see.”

 

 

 

 

I’m sorry Goeun.

 

 

 

 

I didn’t mean to lie.

 

 

 

 

I hope you would understand.

 

 

 

 

 

After few more minutes of our break, we started to practice again for the whole day since tomorrow was the last rehearsal day and we only had two days left before the Group Battle Evaluation Day. I wish we could do well and hopefully we could win against Sakura’s team since their team was the strongest team in this battle and we felt like we were no match against them so we need to work our off and also we never forget to play and to enjoy the practice at the same time.

 

 

 

THE GROUP BATTLE EVALUATION DAY

Everyone was busy inside the dressing and waiting room to do our make ups and to dress up for the nerve wrecking and anticipated battle of Produce 48. My teammates and I were done with everything so we just needed to relax inside the waiting room while waiting for the start of the battle. Luckily, Goeun was taking a nap at the sofa with her head resting on Hitomi’s shoulder so I decided to sneak out for a while. I decided to visit the other dressing and waiting room where Yuri’s team were staying.

 

When I’m at the door the glass door, I decided to peek to check if Yuri was already there. Suddenly, I heard a voice behind my back.

 

“Yena, what are you doing here?”

 

I quickly turned around to check who it was.

 

“Oh!” I smiled brightly when I saw her. “Hi Yur----” My eyes got wider, my jaw dropped and my face quickly turned red exactly like what she was wearing for the battle. I was in awe for the sudden extreme iness attack on me. My eyes were so blessed. “Oh, hi there hot mama. Grrrrr.”

 

“Yaaaaaahhh!” She quickly hit my arm while laughing. “You’re so weird.” She touched my ponytails. “You’re so cute today.” She blushed.

 

“Really?” I dropped my head and I giggled.

 

“Yup. Only today.” She burst into laughter.

 

“Yaaaaaaah!” I playfully hit her back in her arms.

 

“Anyway, what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here because I wanted to say something to you.”

 

Since when I had that talk with Wonyoung during our practice breaks, I realized something important that encouraged me a lot.

 

“Really? What is it?”

 

“Well... I uhmmm... erhh... I... wanted... to... uhmm... say....”

 

What the hell am I doing? I perfectly rehearsed this last night.

 

“Well... uhmm.. you... know... Yuri.... I.... uhhh.”

 

There were many things I wanted to say to her but I don’t understand why my mind won’t cooperate at all.

 

“Yuri… uhmmm… it’s…. uhhh…. You are…. Uhmmm…”

 

Yuri narrowed her eyes at me and she’s having a hard time to comprehend what I’m saying and what I wanted to say.

 

Suddenly, the staff announced that all of us should enter the backstage room to start the filming process and to start the group battle.

 

I looked at her helplessly and I started to panic. I held both of her hands tightly. “Uhmm… Can we meet at our secret place after this?”

 

“Sure.” She looked confused but she smiled at me.

 

I smiled at her and I hugged her quickly. “See you later. Good luck Yuri!” I immediately ran my way back to the waiting room where my teammates were and thankfully, they were still there and Goeun just woke up from her nap.

 

We went inside the backstage waiting room and our hearts were starting to beat crazy because the battle was really about to start. The two teams of Love Whisper and the two teams of Peak-A-Boo were called at the main backstage because they were the first teams to perform.

 

Their performance really went well.

 

The teams that will perform next were Mamma Mia by KARA. After them, the two teams of Short Hair were up next. I was really nervous for them especially Yuri because she dropped from class A to class F was really the talk of the town and I hope she wouldn’t be affected by it. It’s her time to redeem herself and I believe she would nail this performance. I also taught that not talking or bothering her that much these past few days and during the practices also helped her to concentrate for this battle. I really think what I did was for the best of both us, especially for her.

 

Yi Ren sat beside me after their performance as I sighed deeply and she noticed it.

 

“What’s wrong?” She asked me.

 

“Nothing. I’m just spacing out.” I laughed quietly.

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

“There were a lot. But I need to focus for our performance later. By the way, you did great. I was cheering for you.” I smiled brightly.

 

“Of course, you must. I’ll punch you in the face if you didn’t support me.” She playfully acted as if she’s about to punch me and we both laughed.

 

I was caught up in my deep thoughts again because there were really plenty of things running inside my mind and I was really nervous for Yuri.

 

Representative Lee Seung Gi called them on the stage and my heart was starting to beat fast. They introduced themselves and my heart was starting to flutter every time Yuri will appear on the screen. She really looked amazing. After that, team 2 went back again at the backstage.

 

When Yuri’s team was preparing on the stage and was about to perform, Yi Ren leaned herself and she whispered something at me.

 

“She’s not looking. Don’t hold back.” She leaned back and she gave me a smirk.

 

I was confused for a while but now I understand what she meant.

 

Goeun was sitting at the front and she probably wouldn’t notice if I’m going to cheer at Yuri since I’m sitting behind her.

 

They started to dance when the music started playing.

 

I looked at Yi Ren and she gave me a nod.

 

I smiled brightly and I don’t care anymore.

 

I will cheer my off for Yuri.

 

And no one can stop me.

 

[[insert Yuri’s performance video here]]

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YURI’S POV]]

 

After our successful performance, the staff told us to go back to the backstage waiting area. The result will be revealed later after all the performances because MNET needed to take their time to compute or to manipulate the results if ever.

 

We were walking our way back to the backstage waiting room. I was really satisfied with my performance and I think I proved my potential self to the national producers. I was able to showcase my vocals. I’m also thankful we got the right song choice that suited my voice really well. I felt like I was in cloud 9 and I’m smiling like an idiot while walking. Si Hyun and Sian noticed it.

 

“You look so inspired today.” Sian smirked at me.

 

“Just a bit.” I giggled.

 

“Yena must be really proud of you.” Si Hyun added.

 

“Does she?” I looked at them with disbelief.

 

“Of course.” Si Hyun grinned.

 

“How do you know?” I tilted my head at the side.

 

“Don’t you know that she always asked me every end of the day and before sleeping about updates with you during practice?” Si Hyun smirked.

 

 I narrowed my eyes at her and I gestured a letter X using my hand. “No way. It’s impossible. She would never do that.”

 

“Why do you say so?” They looked at me confusingly.

 

“It’s because Goeun and Yena are already dating. That’s why I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t care about me that much.”

 

Suddenly, Si Hyun and Sian stopped walking.

 

When I realized that they’re not walking beside me anymore, I made a full stop and I turned around. I stared at them and I saw that they were in full shock so I asked them. “What’s the problem?”

 

They quickly ran to me and they held my hand tightly. “GOOO…. GOOOEUN… AND YE…. YEEEE… YENAAAA ARE DAT….DATING?!”

 

I raised my one eyebrow at them in disbelief. “Wait! Both of you didn’t know?!”

 

They aggressively shook their head.

 

“HUH? Seriously?!” I narrowed my eyes at them.

 

“Yaaaah! We really don’t know! You don’t even tell me! I’m surprised you’re still alive when you heard about that.” Sian lightly hit my arm.

 

“Is this real? Yena didn’t tell anything to me. I honestly thought that you and Yena are already dating because Yena always asked me about you after practice.” Si Hyun partially covered out of surprise.

 

“What the hell is going on? This is so weird.” I whispered at myself. I scratched the back of my neck and I bit my lip.

 

Sian turned to Si Hyun. “Wait! If they were already dating, why Yena would still care about Yuri?”

 

Si Hyun was still shocked and she shook her head lightly. “I honestly don’t know.”

 

Sian shook my arms aggressively. “AND YOU’RE FINE BEING YENA’S MISTRESS?! ARE YOU OKAY BEING A SECOND CHOICE?! THE AUTHOR OF THIS FANFIC DIDN’T SPEND HER TIME WRITING THIS STORY TO CLIFFHANG ALL HER READERS IN EVERY KISSING SCENCE OF EVERY END OF THE CHAPTER AND THEN ON EVERY BEGINNING OF THE NEXT CHAPTER ALL OF HER READER’S EXPECTATION WERE CRASHED BECAUSE THE AUTHOR ALWAYS MAKE A SCENE WHERE THE KISS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, JUST FOR NOTHING! ”

[[a/n: Y’all I’m actually Sian. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED]]

 

 

“Yaaaah! I’m not her third party or her mistress. I already accepted the fact that we were just like close sisters and that’s it.”

 

“You and Yena should talk.” Sian suggested. “Why both of you make things so complicated?”

 

Si Hyun was still in shock. “This is really impossible.” She looked at me seriously. “Yuri. I’m pretty sure that you know Yena really likes you a lot, right? Like, seriously. She never looked at anyone like the way she looks at you.”

 

I was starting to get confused even more. “I uhhh… I’m not… re… really suu… sure.” I stuttered.

 

Sian removed her arms off me and she cupped my face. ”Yuri, you really like Yena, right?”

 

I was surprised by her sudden question.

 

To be honest, I don’t know what I should feel.

 

I’m stuck in between of doing things right and doing things because I felt it was right.

 

I stared at the ground.

 

“I… uhhh… I’m…. I uhhh----”

 

Suddenly, the staffs called our attention and they told us that we need to go back as soon as possible to the backstage waiting room. As we were walking our way back, Si Hyun and Sian were still discussing about it while I was dead silent while trying to cope up with their conversation. I’m still confused and surprised by the sudden information. I’m quite relieved to know about this after our performance because if I learned about it beforehand, I might be in big trouble because I might not perform properly.

 

When we entered the room, I sat on one of the chairs. I noticed that some of the teams already went to the backstage for their performance including Yena’s team. I was actually hoping to see her but she’s not here anymore. So I decided to enjoy watching the other performances and to forget anything about Yena for a while because it could really consumed a lot of me.

 

Representative Lee Seung Gi called the last groups who were going to perform and they were the two teams of Very Very Very by IOI. I really don’t understand what I’m feeling. It was mixed of happiness, excitement, and somehow a little pain every time I saw Yena on stage. I was really happy to see her bubbly and cute side. That’s actually one of the things that I really liked about her.

 

When the music started playing, I was hooked up at the start of their performance. It was really cute and refreshing to the point that I didn’t notice that my hand automatically shaped a heart when I saw her on the screen.

 

Their performance ended and I felt it was so quick because it’s so good.

 

[[insert Yena’s performance video]]

 

She’s really seriously good.

 

When the results were ready, we all lined up and each of the teams who were competing to the same song entered the room where the results would be released. Some of the trainees were happy and some of them were crying and disappointed.

 

When it’s our time to enter the room, I was really nervous and I felt a little uncomfortable since I’m competing against Sian’s team. When it was revealed that we won, I was really happy but at the same time I was really sorry for Sian since she did a lot for their team. We went outside the room and we hugged each other.

 

The staff immediately led us to the main stage to reveal all the votes that all the trainees received during on-site voting. I didn’t get the chance to see Yena because their team would be the last one to enter that result room. When we got there, we all lined up. Finally, Yena’s team arrived. I noticed that they were slight happy so I assumed that they also won. I subconsciously stared at Yena and Goeun for few times. I kept wondering what the hell was really going on between her and Goeun. There were a lot of things I really wanted to ask so I’m quite relieved that we will have a talk later after this. But I made up my mind. Representative Lee Seung Gi revealed all the results and we found out the importance of the 1000 extra votes. Now, I’m more determined to won again and to win the next extra votes for the next mission.

 

The day finally ended and we all went back to our dorms to pack up our things. I immediately went to our secret place and I saw Yena was already there waiting for me.

 

“Hey.” She smiled at me.

 

“Hi.” I smiled back.

 

“Congratulations on your win. You really nailed the high notes. I was rooting for you.” She shyly looked away.

 

I bit my lip. “You too. You nailed being the main vocalist too.”

 

We both giggled and the room filled with short silence after. Finally, she broke the silence. “Uhmm… Let’s make this quick. I really wanted to say something to you.” Her tone became little serious.

 

“Okay. I actually wanted to say something to you too.”

 

“Really?” Her eyes got bigger. “You should go first.”

 

“Are you sure?” I got nervous.

 

“Yes.” I saw her smiling brightly.

 

 

 

 

Please don’t smile like that, it breaks my heart.

 

 

 

 

“Okay.” I gulped.

 

 

 

 

 

She just stared at me and she’s anticipating what I am going to say to her.

 

 

 

 

 

“I uhmm… I.. think…”

 

 

 

 

 

I took a deep breath before finally speaking up again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I think we should stop seeing each other in private.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her expression quickly changed into confused state. “Wha… What do you mean?”

 

 

 

 

“You have a girlfriend and you’re kept sneaking behind her. It’s not right. I don’t want to destroy someone’s relationship. Both of you were my friends and I don’t want to ruin it.”

 

 

 

 

“But…. Yuri… I’m uhh…”

 

 

 

 

“You can play everything that you want, but please don’t play with other people’s heart.”

 

 

 

 

 

“But…. Yu… Yuri.”

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Yena. I don’t want to hear any excuses and explanations from you. Let’s just end this here and let’s make things civil. I hope you would understand.” I gave her an apologetic smile.

 

 

 

 

She dropped her head and the silence filled the room once again. I kept avoiding her eyes because I know once I met her eyes, I might break into tears.

 

 

 

 

She took a deep breath and she just nodded. “I understand.”

 

 

 

 

“Uhmm… it’s now your turn, what are you going to say?” I stared at the ceiling.

 

 

 

 

“I uhh… I just wanted to say… congratulations… that’s all.” She looked at me.

 

 

 

 

 

I went close to her and I hugged her. “Thank you. You too. Congratulations.” I broke from the hug. “I hope we could still be good friends.”

 

 

 

 

She smiled softly and she nodded. I noticed that tears were starting to build up at the corner of her eyes. I patted her arms. “I guess. I need to go back now. I should pack my things. See you next week at the first elimination day.”

 

“Okay, see you too.” She didn’t look at me anymore.

 

I turned around and I walked away.

 

 

 

 

I felt like every step I would take away from her was breaking my heart more and more.

 

 

 

 

My heart wanted to go back but my mind wanted me to move forward.

 

 

 

 

I believed I made the right decision for myself and for the both of us.

 

 

 

 

 

I quickly went inside the first comfort room that I saw.

 

 

 

 

I locked the door and I cried my heart out.

 

 

 

 

I felt like I lost a piece of me.

 

 

 

 

But I believed…

 

 

 

 

 

 

…it’s time to let go.

 

 

 

 

THREE DAYS LEFT BEFORE THE FIRST ELIMINATION DAY

Four days had passed, and I’m quite proud of myself for being strong and independent. I quite didn’t expect that I got to move on from Yena that quite fast. She didn’t contact me anymore since when we had that talk and I guess she finally came back to her senses that she should never do that to Goeun. Sian, Eun Young already knew about what happened and I cried a lot too when I told them about it. They said that they respected my decision and they were always there for me.

 

Since the weather was nice today, I decided to go out to relax.

 

I went to different stores and spent most of my time to window shop. I also ate street foods alone. It’s actually quite nice to spend time alone for myself. I realized the value of self love.

 

I was walking this street and I made a full stop when I noticed this particular shop. This was the accessories shop where Yena bought the matching hair tie with me. I was hesitating to go inside at first, because it brought so many memories with her. But I decided to just go inside since we’re already over and the shop has other cute products too. I wanted to check it out.

 

I went inside and I browse the products on display. I was so captivated by the cuteness of the stuffed toys on display to the point I didn’t notice that I bumped into someone.

 

“Oopps! I’m sorry.” This person apologized.

 

“Sorry! Sorry! I didn’t notice you.” I apologized back.

 

When I looked at this person face, I realized it’s actually Si Hyun.

 

“Ohh! Yuri! It’s you!” She hugged me and I hugged her back.

 

We broke from the hug and I smiled at her. “I thought you’re someone else. What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m just checking some stuff here for a while before meeting up with Yi Ren later. How about you?”

 

“Ohh. Just the same. I’m just relaxing.”

 

She crossed her arms and she grinned at me. “You know what, why don’t you join us later?”

 

“Later?” I was surprised.

 

She smirked. “Don’t worry. It’s just me and Yi Ren. Yena won’t come.”

 

I laughed. “Okay.”

 

I had a casual chat with Si Hyun while we’re looking for the different products inside the store and we didn’t buy anything. Few minutes later, we left the store and we went to the convenience store nearby to eat instant ramen noodles. When we got there, we went inside and we sat down. Si Hyun dialed Yi Ren’s number. A few seconds later, she answered.

 

“Yaaah Yi Ren! Where are you?...... Ohhh.Okay…... I’m actually with Yuri right now……. Yes…… Okay….. See you in five minutes…..Get your off here quick…. Bye.” Si Hyun ended the call.

 

“In 5 minutes?” I asked Si Hyun.

 

“Yeah. Her house was just actually nearby. Just a couple of blocks from here.”

 

“I see.” I nodded “She’s lucky to live near a convenience store. She could go here to eat ramen anytime she wanted to. In the place where our dorm was at, we needed to walk for about fifteen minutes to arrive at the nearest convenience store.” I pouted.

 

Si Hyun laughed “Yeah. You’re right. That’s why every time I go to her house; I always wait here for her to pick me up so I could trick her to buy some food before going to their house.”

 

“That’s a bright idea.” I giggled.

 

Five minutes later, Yi Ren arrived. Si Hyun tricked her to treat us ramen and Yi Ren gave in. She sat beside Si Hyun and I’m facing them. We all had a good time chatting with each other while eating. They were so cute together. Their friendship was pure. Si Hyun was really a genuine person, she led us well during our performance and she’s really funny too. Yi Ren was actually a quiet person but when she’s with someone she’s close with, she’s really goofy and sincere person. Yena must be really lucky to have friends like them. Their personalities complimented each other really well.

 

Wait. Why do I even think of Yena all the time?

 

I guess that’s understandable for now because I’m still in the process of moving on for real. I’m actually quite relieved that Si Hyun and Yi Ren never brought anything about Yena during our chat. Maybe because they already know what happened between me and Yena and I’m glad that I’m still friends with them.

 

While Si Hyun was telling a story, she suddenly stopped talking and she was just staring something outside. Yi Ren and I got curious so we also looked where Si Hyun’s looking at.

 

We saw Yena walking down the streets.

 

When Yena saw us, she waved at us. It’s obvious she’s having a second thought if she would come to us but she decided she just continued walking. I knew that she’s doing her best to avoid me these past few days and I understand why she’s doing that.

 

*** SILENCE ***

 

“Anyway, let’s go to my house and watch some movies. Shall we?” Yi Ren broke the silence and she smiled at us.

 

“Okay.” I gave her my softest smile as I stood up from the chair.

 

We went to Yi Ren’s house and I spent the rest of my day there watching movies and eating a lot again.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

FIRST ELIMINATION DAY…

Everyone was really nervous since this was the first elimination. I wore the pink ribbon hair tie for good luck and I’m hoping I’ll be safe from the eliminations. When I saw Yuri, I saw she’s not wearing the purple hair tie that I gave her but it’s actually on her hand. I’m actually quite happy when I saw that. It made my heart flutter. I wanted to about that but I think now was not the right time since it’s elimination round and I almost forgot that I need to avoid her for a while.

 

Every time Representative Lee Seung Gi would announce the trainees that were safe from elimination, my heart was beating crazy. When he’s about to call the trainees in rank 13-20, I got really nervous because I’m hoping Yuri’s name be called.

 

When he was about to call the trainee in rank 19, I’m actually sweating and I kept looking at her direction. When he called her name, I was really happy. I was about to hug her when she walked passed by me but I decided to just give her a high five since Goeun was watching but I managed to held her hand a little longer.

 

And I’m satisfied with it.

 

[[insert reference video]]

 

I managed to rank at top 9 and I’m happy.  I’m also happy that all my friends were safe from the elimination, especially Yuri.

 

 

THE POSITION BATTLE SELECTION DAY…

The next mission started and it was revealed it’s the position battle. There were two categories and they were Vocal/Rap and Dance category. When the songs and the mechanics were revealed, I knew Yuri would choose the Vocal/Rap position and she chose the song called, Energetic by Wanna One. When it’s Goeun’s turn to pick a category, she also chose the Vocal/Rap position.

 

“I knew this was coming.” I whispered at myself. I saw out of the corner of my eye that Yi Ren gave me a smirked when Goeun chose the same song as Yuri’s. So basically, they we’re teammates after all.

 

When it’s my turned to pick, I chose the Dance category and the song called, Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato. I felt bad to replace the first trainees who picked the song first but this how the competition works and it’s getting harder every day.

 

Since I’m teamed up with the high ranking trainees, I needed to practice harder than before since we were competing against each other to gain the extra votes. But of course, winning as a team was also important so we all worked off to make our own choreography.

 

During our breaks, I couldn’t stop myself from watching Goeun and Yuri practicing together from afar. So when I found the right timing where they were not together, I immediately ran to her.

 

“Hi Yuri!” I smiled at her.

 

“Hi! You’re sneaking out again from your practice, huh.” She smiled back.

 

I laughed. “Yaaah! I just wanted to know, who’s the main vocalist?”

 

She proudly pointed at herself. “It’s me.” She giggled. “I’ve been struggling a bit at the high notes but I think I can hit it perfectly. I just needed to practice harder.” She smirked at me. “I was competing for the main vocalist against your girlfriend, but our teammates chose me. I’m sorry.”

 

I laughed at her “Yaaaaah! You don’t need to say sorry. I think you deserve it.” I poked the ribbon tie on her hair. “I’m happy you’re still wearing it.” I grinned.

 

“I actually have no extra hair tie that’s why I had no choice to wear this one.” She teased me.

 

I lightly hit her arm and I laughed at her. “Yaaaah. Just admit it.”

 

Suddenly, I saw Goeun from afar and she’s coming back to their practice so I waved good bye at Yuri. When I jogged my way back to my teammates, I saw Si Hyun.

 

“Yaaaaah. How’s the practice between Yuri and Goeun?” I whispered at her.

 

“I actually felt that there was a little tension between them but they seemed like they’re getting along together pretty well as of now.” She whispered back.

 

“Okay. How about Yuri? How’s she during practice?”

 

She narrowed her eyes at me. “Hmmm. She’s getting better.”

 

I grinned. “Okay. Thanks Si Hyun! I owe you a lot.”

 

She just looked at me in disbelief as I quickly jogged my way back to my teammates to continue the practice.

 

We spent the whole day and the next days, practicing and making the choreography. I was not able to talk to Yuri and Goeun that much because we were really all busy but I still got to know the updates about them especially Yuri from Si Hyun every day since they were all roommates.

 

One night, I visited their room and then I knocked on the door. Si Hyun opened the door, and she let me come inside. I noticed she’s alone in the room.

 

“Is Yuri here?” I asked her.

 

Si Hyun closed the door as I sat on Si Hyun’s bed. “Nope. She’s with Goeun.”

 

My eyes got bigger. “Really? Where are they? What are they doing? Are they close? What are-----“

 

“Wait!” She interrupted me. “I’m really confused on what’s going on between the three of you.” She scratched her head. “First of all, why are you kept asking about Yuri when you have a girlfriend? You didn’t even ask that much about Goeun at all.” She sat on her bed beside me. “Also, when you saw us the convenience store the other day with Yuri and Yi Ren, you bombarded my phone with your text messages about your questions about Yuri when we were in Yi Ren’s house. I didn’t even get to enjoy the movie that we were watching because I kept replying to you.” She paused for a while. “Also, why don’t you ask Yuri, herself, about the updates with her life and during practices?” She looked at me intently. “Please enlighten me, especially the readers of this story, because they were about to smack your every time you hurt Yuri. So please, what the hell is going on? Seriously.”

 

[[“Just keep reading.” Yena winked at you.]]

 

I sighed deeply and I shook my head a little. “It’s actually complicated. I don’t even know what I’m doing.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I want her back”

 

“HER? WHO?”

 

“Yuri.” I sighed.

 

“WHAT THE HELL!” She aggressively hit my arm. “YOU’RE MY FRIEND BUT I DON’T TOLERATE CHEATERS!”

 

“HUH? I’m not cheating at all! I swear!”

 

She narrowed my eyes at me like she’s about to kill me. “Who are you really visiting in our room, Yuri or Geoun?”

 

I stared at her seriously. “Yuri.”

 

She sighed. “Why are you looking for Yuri?”

 

“It’s because I wanted to tell her that she’s still the only person who owned my heart ever since I saw her for the first time at the television.”

 

She sighed more deeply. “Look, I don’t know what the hell was going on. But I never saw you dedicated like this since I met you. I guess you’re really saying the truth.”

 

I nodded.

 

She paused for a while before speaking up again. “They actually went to the canteen to get some hot water.”

 

I smiled at Si Hyun and I gave her a quick hug. “Thanks Si Hyun! I promise everything will be clearer now.”

 

She smiled back. “Good luck.”

 

 

 

 

I quickly ran to the canteen.

 

 

 

 

 

When I got there, I didn’t find them there.

 

 

 

 

I decided to stay and to look around for a little more.

 

 

 

 

But they were not really here.

 

 

 

 

I decided to walk around at the hallway hoping that I could find them.

 

 

 

 

I walked passed by the hallway near Yuri and I’s secret place at the left most end hallway.

 

 

 

 

I noticed that the door was slightly opened.

 

 

 

 

I just followed my guts to go there since I had a feeling that they were there.

 

 

 

 

I slowly walked my way there.

 

 

 

 

I stopped when I heard two voices coming from the room.

 

 

 

 

I recognized the voices and it’s from Yuri and Goeun.

 

 

 

 

I started to walk slowly again.

 

 

 

 

And I leaned myself against the wall beside the door to properly hear their conversation.

 

 

 

 

“I wanted to tell you something important.” Goeun was speaking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What is it?” Yuri replied.

 

 

 

 

 

“I know there was a tension between us.” Goeun paused for a while before speaking up again. “I could honestly feel it and I know you feel it too.”

 

 

 

 

Yuri sighed and she spoke softly. “Ye… Yes… You’re right.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But to make things clear… I… I… uhhhh… I think…. RIGHT NOW is the RIGHT TIME to tell you that… for a… for a long time already…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…I like you, Yuri.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I dropped my head and the tears were starting to build up at the corner of my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I slowly walked away from our secret place…

 

 

 

 

 

 

…which is not a secret anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And another secret I’ve been keeping…

 

 

 

 

 

 

…has been revealed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RIGHT NOW….

 

 

 

 

 

 

….I’m too late for waiting at the RIGHT TIME

 

 

 

 

 

 

…to tell her that…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

… I love her.

 

 

---- Greetings! I’m the author’s cousin. The author of this book was currently confined in UST hospital in Manila, Philippines. I was asked and given authority by her to use her laptop to post the next chapter of this story on her accounts since she already finished writing this chapter beforehand. She would like to extend her sincere apologies for not updating the fan fiction on supposed and promised date which is last Sunday (November 25). Let’s pray for her quick recovery. Thank you!