CHAPTER 12: I Knew It

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

 

I saw out of the corner of my eye that she’s looking deeply into my eyes while we’re walking this partially dark street towards her dorm.

 

 

“Uhm. Yena?”

 

 

“Hmmm?”

 

 

“Do you still remember that you owe me a dare?”

 

 

I chuckled. “Yeah. What is your dare?”

 

 

She held my hand and looked at me intently.

 

 

“Please let me be the only person who can only hold your hand like this.”

 

 

We stopped walking and I smiled. “Only you.”

 

 

 

I felt like this was the right moment.

 

 

 

 

And I don’t want this moment to be slipped away.

 

 

 

 

So I carefully cupped her face with my hand.

 

 

 

 

I slowly leaned my face.

 

 

 

 

My heart was beating fast.

 

 

 

 

I could hear the beat of our heartbeats in unison.

 

 

 

 

She slowly closed her eyes.

 

 

 

 

I remember seeing her face first time on the television.

 

 

 

 

I never knew that the same face that I saw from the television was just a few inches from mine.

 

 

 

I slowly closed my eyes as I leaned my face forward.

 

 

 

This is real.

 

 

 

 

And I’m not dreaming at all.

 

 

 

It is happening now.

 

 

 

 

 

My lips finally touched...

 

 

 

 

 

 

...her cheeks.

 

 

 

 

HUH?

 

 

 

I quickly opened my eyes to know what’s going on.

 

 

I saw Yuri turned her head to the other side and she looked worried.

 

 

“Whaa... Whaaaa.. What’s the... problem?” I’m confused.

 

 

“I..I think... there’s somebody... there’s somebody here.” She whispered. “I heard ...something... something fell down. Didn’t you hear it?”

 

 

“Uhmmm... No.. Wheeee... Where?” I whispered back. Because I was so caught in the moment and I’ve been waiting for this moment to come maybe that’s why I didn’t hear it.

 

 

We turned our heads side to side to search for it.

 

 

“I think it’s over there.” Yuri pointed at something. I held her hand and she’s hiding at my back as we slowly went to the corner of the street to figure it out.

 

 

When we’re at the corner, we slowly peeked.

 

 

And we found out that the trash bin near the corner fell down and its lid also fell off so the trash inside the bin were scattered on the ground.

 

 

“Who... who did this?” She whispered while still hiding at my back.

 

 

“I...uhhh... I don’t know” I whispered back. I held her hand tightly as we slowly walked near the trash bin.

 

 

Suddenly, we heard something rustling inside the bin.

 

 

“Woaaah.. Waaaahhh---“ Yuri startled.

 

 

“Sssshhhhh.” I quickly covered so she wouldn’t disturb the neighbourhood.

 

 

We carefully bent down to peek what’s inside the bin.

 

 

Suddenly, a cute puppy came out.

 

 

“Awww. How cute?” Yuri picked up the puppy from the ground and the puppy her face.

 

 

I suddenly wanted to become that puppy.

 

 

“Are you lost little buddy? It seems like this is not a stray dog.” I gently the puppy’s head.

 

 

“I’m thinking the same thing. Should we find its owner?”

 

 

“Okay. Let’s go.”

 

 

We’re about to walk when suddenly we saw a little girl who seemed like a resident of this neighbourhood was running towards us.

 

 

“Unniieeee! Wait!” The little girl shouted.

 

 

We decided not to move in our place. She must be the owner of this puppy. When she reached us, she was catching her breath and I gently her back.

 

 

“Is this your puppy?” Yuri smiled at her and handed her the puppy.

 

 

“Yes unnie! I’m sorry. I left the gate open that’s why she came out.” The little girl held her puppy back and hugged it.

 

 

“Your puppy is really cute. What’s her name?” I asked the little girl while the puppy’s back.

 

 

“Yena” The little girl smiled at us enthusiastically.

 

 

I couldn’t believe that my wish to become that puppy suddenly became true.

 

 

Yuri kissed the head of the puppy and smiled at me. “That’s a really cute one. I really love that name.”

 

 

I smiled back but I quickly dropped my head down to hide my blushing face because there’s a kid here. I’m a responsible gay, you know.

 

 

“Where do you live? We will walk you home. It’s dangerous to walk alone in the night.” I asked the little girl.

 

 

The girl pointed at a house just a couple blocks near us. “It’s not that far away.”

 

 

“Okay. Let’s go” I put my hand on the shoulder of the little girl.

 

 

“Go ahead. I’ll just pick up the trash. I’ll just wait for you here.” Yuri suggested.

 

 

“I’m sorry Unnie. Let me help you.” The little girl was about to cry.

 

 

“Nooo! Nooo! It’s fine! It’s fine! I can handle this. Little girls should not be outside their house at this hour.” Yuri comforted the little girl. “Please take good care of Yena for me. Don’t let her go away again. Tell her I really like her.” Yuri and kissed the puppy’s head.

 

 

If reincarnation was real, I really wanted to become that puppy if I was born again. What a lucky dog.

 

 

“Thank you Unnie!” The little girl kissed her on the cheek. Yuri giggled.

 

 

“Go ahead. I hope to see you soon.” Yuri waved good bye and she started to pick up the trash.

 

 

I walked the little girl towards her house. It’s not that really far. It’s just about five minutes walk. I could still see Yuri from the little girl’s house and she’s already done with picking up the trash. A group of people surrounded her.

 

 

The little girl opened the gate and she went in.

 

 

“Thank you for walking me home Unnie! What are your names by the way?”

 

 

“She’s Yuri.” I pointed at Yuri who’s talking casually with this group of people. “And I’m Yena.” I pointed at myself.

 

 

“Ohhh. Your name is Yena? Then Yuri-unnie likes you too.” The little girl blurted out happily. I could see the innocence in her eyes.

 

 

“I hope so.” I chuckled. “Go inside. It’s getting colder now.” I patted her head.

 

 

“Bye Yena-unnie! Thank you so much!” The little girl waved good bye and I waved back. She closed the gate and she went inside the house.

 

 

I looked back at Yuri and this group of people already left her. I jogged my way back to her.

 

 

“Who are they?” I asked as soon as I reached her.

 

 

“They told me that they’re my supporters when I’m still in Idol School. They said they will still support me here in Produce 48.” She looked happy and I’m relieved.

 

 

“Many people really love you.” I held her hand as we continued walking towards her dorm.

 

 

“Not really. But I only love one person.”

 

 

“Really?! Who?!” My eyes got wider and we stopped walking.

 

 

She stared at me.

 

 

“Yena...”

 

 

 

 

 

“...the dog” She continued while holding her laughter.

 

 

“YAAAAHH! Why are you like that?” I playfully pushed her.

 

 

“HAHAHAHA! You’re not a dog! You’re a duck! A dumb duck!” Yuri laughed while she pushed me back.

 

 

“Yaaaahh! I’m not dumb! What makes you think that I’m dumb?” I put my arm around her shoulders.

 

 

“Because you still don’t get it. I don’t know if you’re just playing around with me or you’re just acting like you don’t know or you really don’t know at all.” Her tone was getting a little serious.

 

 

 “Know what?”I looked at her confusingly.

 

 

“Ugh! See! That’s what I’m talking about!” She removed my arm around her shoulders and walked fast.

 

 

“Whaaa... What? Yaaaahh! Yuri! Wait for me!”

 

 

We made few stops here and then on our way to her dorm. When we made a stop in an open ramen shop at the street, we bumped into Si Hyun and Yi Ren who’s sitting beside each other and were already eating ramen. We ordered the same but we only bought one. We’ll just share on the ramen because we’re still full. We went to them afterwards.

 

 

“Hey guys! Can we sit here?” I pointed at the two empty seats in front of them.

 

 

“Sure! Go ahead.”  Yi Ren nodded.

 

 

“So, what are you guys doing here?  Are you two having a date?” Si Hyun smirked.

 

 

“A date?!” My eyes got wider.

 

 

Yuri laughed. “She’s just walking me back to my dorms.”

 

 

“Ohhhh. I see.” Si Hyun winked at me and I shook my head a little in disbelief. The food arrived.

 

 

“Anyway, why are you two here?” I dipped my spoon into the ramen and fed it to Yuri.

 

 

“I was about to leave the convenience store when I saw Si Hyun walking on the street. I called her and asked her if she’s hungry and if she wanted to join me to eat somewhere because I haven’t eaten anything yet since I woke up.” Yi Ren sipped her water. Si Hyun nodded.

 

 

“Diet must be really hard.” Yuri frowned while feeding me.

 

 

“Yaaah. You should eat more often. You’re body ratio is fine, you know.” I added.

 

 

“I agree. You’re perfectly fine.” Yuri smiled and patted Yi Ren’s hand on the table and Yi Ren smiled back.

 

 

Yuri and I continued feeding each other because we shared the same chopstick and spoon.

 

 

Si Hyun leaned at Yi Ren and whispered something to her ear. “Should we ask them if they’re already dating, because it seems like it?”

 

 

Yi Ren whispered back. “They’re not yet.”

 

 

“Why do you say so?”

 

 

“Because I know Yena won’t date Yuri here in their first date.”

 

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

 

“I just know.” Yi Ren smiled at Si Hyun and she continued eating.

 

 

Si Hyun narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Yi Ren.

 

 

Si Hyun and Yi Ren already finished eating but they decided to stay and had a chat with us for a few more minutes until Yuri and I almost finished eating.

 

 

“I think I need to go now. It’s getting late. I’m so happy I bumped into you guys.” Si Hyun looked at her watch.

 

 

“Me too. My family is looking for me already.” Yi Ren added while looking at her phone. As soon as she stood up and picked up her ped bag, the strap of her shoulder bag got hooked on something under the table. Her stuffs were scattered on the floor.

 

 

Si Hyun, Yuri and I immediately helped her picked up her stuffs from the ground. Si Hyun and I picked up and chased the coins that rolled over on the floor while Yuri helped her picked up some of Yi Ren’s stuffs.

 

 

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I didn’t notice. I was busy on replying my mom on my phone.” Yi Ren apologized while picking up her stuffs.

 

 

“Don’t worry. It’s fine. We all have clumsy moments.” Yuri assured Yi Ren while helping her.

 

 

“There you go.” Si Hyun and I handed Yi Ren her coins that we collected from the ground.

 

 

“Thank you so much guys! I appreciate it a lot.” Yi Ren smiled at us.

 

 

“Be careful next time!” I patted her head.

 

 

“You too. Be more careful.” Yi Ren said while organizing her stuffs inside her bag. All four of us went outside the store.

 

 

“Alright! See you guys around. Yi Ren and I will go this way.” Si Hyun placed her arm on Yi Ren’s shoulder and they waved good bye at us and we waved back. They started walking away and Yuri and I started to walk on our way to our destination.

 

 

Just a few steps away from the dorm, I held her hand tightly.

 

 

“So... uhmmm... what are you going to do the rest of the days off?” I asked her.

 

 

“Hmmm. I will probably return home to Busan. I miss my family and my pets a lot.”

 

 

“I see. When are you going there?”

 

 

“Tomorrow”

 

 

“Already tomorrow?” My eyes got wider.

 

 

“Yes. Why?” She stared at me.

 

 

“Nooot... Noo... Nothing” I shook my head a little. “Uhmm.. When will you come back?”

 

 

“The day before the day that we will come back to film again for Produce 48.”

 

 

“Ohhh. I see. So you’re there for almost two weeks.” I looked away and sighed deeply.

 

 

“Yes. Why?” She stopped walking.

 

 

“It’s just...” I stopped walking. “It’s just... uhmm.. I... uhh... I will... I.. uhhh... I... I’m going... I’m... I... uhhh.. I’m going... I’m going to miss you.” I stared at the ground and looked at the other side away from her.

 

 

I’m so shy and I could felt the warmness on my cheeks.

 

 

I heard she giggled. I felt more embarrassed.

 

 

“Whaaa... Whaaaat?!... Why are you giggli----?”

 

 

“Shhhhh” She quickly covered my mouth and looked like she’s looking at something.

 

 

She removed her hand off my mouth. “Huh? Why?” I whispered.

 

 

“I think there’s somebody here.” She whispered back.

 

 

“Again? Do you think there is someone following us?” I looked at her.

 

 

“I think so. I think it’s over there.” She pointed at somewhere.

 

 

I turned my head to the side. “Where?”

 

 

Suddenly...

 

 

 

 

 

I felt her lips on my cheek.

 

 

 

“There” She grinned at me.

 

 

“Whaa... Whaaa.... asdhjk... kfsjkk...” I took a step back and touched the part of my cheek where she kissed it.

 

 

“Now, we’re even. Good night Yena. See you soon! Thank you for today! Don’t miss me too much.” She chuckled while running to the gate of her dorm and waved good bye at me. She just arrived at the gate just in time for her curfew hour in her dorm.

 

 

She smiled and winked at me for the last time.

 

 

I waved good bye when she already closed the gate. My body responded late because I was so surprised about what she did to me. I stared and still waving at the gate for a few minutes before my senses slowly coming back to me.

 

 

I touched my cheek once again.

 

 

Did she really kiss me?

 

 

I stood there for a while and I felt like I don’t want to go home anymore.

 

 

My face was starting to get warm again.

 

 

And I’m smiling like an idiot.

 

 

“Yena?”

 

 

Someone called my name.

 

 

“Yena, is that you?”

 

 

I know that voice.

 

 

I slowly turned my head.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YURI’S POV]]

 

As soon as I entered the gate, I quickly ran to my room before the dorm supervisor checked us. I can’t stop myself from smiling so much. I was so happy and I couldn’t contain it. I felt like my happiness was overflowing. When I entered the room, I saw Sian was doing her nails on the floor and Eun Young who just came out from the bathroom. I quickly put down my bag and sat on my bunk.

 

 

“Wow. This is the first time you came home late but just in time before the curfew.” Eun Young looked surprised. “You really looked happy. Is there something happened?”

 

 

Sian quickly stood up from the floor and went to the window to peek. “Looks like I know what happened.”

 

 

“Yaaaaaahh! What are you doi----“ I was interrupted.

 

 

“Wait! That is Yena, right? But who’s that person is she talking to? Sian was still peeking from the window.

 

 

“Huh? Who?” I immediately stood up from my bed and went to Sian. She gave me space so I could also see clearly.

 

 

“I don’t know. Do you know that person?”

 

 

“Hmmm. I’m not really sure yet.”

 

 

“It seems like they’re very close. I think that’s one of Yena’s friends.” Eun Young added. She also peeked into the other window.

 

 

We’re trying to figure out whom that person was but the rain started to pour out. Yena didn’t have any umbrella with her so with this person so they started to running away to the point we couldn’t see them anymore.

 

 

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

 

 

I returned back to my bunk and I unintentionally spaced out for a while.

 

 

“Are you okay, Yuri?” What’s the problem?” Eun Young was worried and she sat with me on my bed.

 

 

“Nothing” I shook my head a little. “It’s just weird.” I bit my lip.

 

 

“What do you mean ‘weird’?” Sian followed us and sat on the floor in front of my bunk.

 

 

“Why did she lie?”

 

 

 

 

 THE NEXT MORNING...

I woke up early in the morning so I could pack up my things for my return home to Busan. Some of my roommates were still asleep except Sian. She already took a shower and she looked like she’s going out today. She’s putting make up on her bunk while I sat on the floor and I’m putting my clothes and other necessities inside my bag.

 

 

“Yaaah. Yuri, are you waiting for something?” Sian asked while putting cream on her face.

 

 

“Huh? Uhmmm.. Errhhh... Why do... Why do you say so?” I stopped packing and I looked at her.

 

 

“I just guess. You keep looking at your phone every minute. It seems like you’re waiting for a text or reply or something.”

 

 

Oh. I’m getting obvious.

 

 

I’d been waiting for Yena’s text since last night. She usually texted me a good night and good morning message first and it’s very unusual that she didn’t texted me last night and this morning. I was about to text her last night but I’m having a second thought. I don’t want her to think that I have the right to know everything she did, she does and she will do. First of all, I’m not her girlfriend and I don’t know what our status is.

 

 

Sometimes, we both might act based on what we just felt at the moment but it didn’t meant that we’re already dating each other officially.

 

 

This is really frustrating.

 

 

“I uhhhh... I uhmmm.. I’m not.” I immediately dropped my head and I just continued packing my stuffs.

 

 

*** MY  PHONE BEEPS ***

 

 

My eyes got wider and I quickly checked my phone to know who texted me.

 

 

And I found out that it’s from my mom.

 

 

She’s asking me if what do I wanted to eat when I got home there. I replied to her and put my phone down afterwards.

 

 

I sighed and Sian noticed.

 

 

“It’s not Yena who texted you, is it?” Sian smirked at me while raising her one eyebrow up.

 

 

I caught off guard and looked at her helpless. “I uhh.. it’s not... uhmmm. Erhhh... I uhhhh.. It’s nooot... I uhhh---”

 

 

“Shhhh. You don’t need to explain. You’re already like that since when we saw her talking and running away with that someone outside.” Sian continued while putting blush on her cheeks.

 

 

I dropped my head and bit my lip. “Do I really?”

 

 

I felt she sat on the floor beside me and patted my legs. “Yes. If you really want to know, ask her about it. Stop assuming things.” She smiled at me.

 

 

“Wow. Are you inspired or something?” I was surprised at her for saying something sensible again for a quite a long time already.

 

 

“I’m not. You just looked so helpless. I’m just trying to cheer you up.” She pouted. “Or, if you want, we could do another special mission just for you?” She smirked and winked while trying to kiss my cheeks.

 

 

“No! This is different. Go back to your bunk and do your make up.” I chuckled while pushing her face away.

 

 

She pouted and went back to her bed while I continued packing up my things.

 

 

When I’m all set, I bid good bye to Sian and I went to the dorm supervisor to inform her that I will leave now. When she acknowledged me, I’m now walking straight to the gate while holding my phone.

 

 

I’m thinking if I should let Yena know if I’m going to leave now. She still didn’t text me since last night and I’m little worried if something might happened to her and I was not informed.

 

 

I took a deep breath and went to her contact in my phone.

 

 

I called her.

 

 

For a few seconds...

 

 

She didn’t answer.

 

 

I called her again.

 

 

For a few seconds...

 

 

She didn’t answer again.

 

 

I sighed.

 

 

I guess I won’t call her for a while.

 

 

Maybe I’m disturbing her that much.

 

 

I opened the gate and I went outside.

 

 

As soon as I closed the gate, a car suddenly stopped in front of me.

 

 

The car window pulled down from the driver seat and I saw Yena’s brother.

 

 

“Annyeong Yuri!” He greeted. “I’m glad I still reached you here. I thought you already left.”

 

 

“Ohhh. Annyeong Sung Min Oppa!” I greeted back and bowed at him. “What are you doing here?” I smiled politely at him.

 

 

He went outside from his car. “Ohh. Yena told me to come here. She asked me if I could pick you up to drive you to the train station. She told me you’re going to Busan.”

 

 

“Ohh. You really don’t need to Oppa. I can do it by myself.” I politely declined and gave him two thumbs up.

 

 

“Come on. Let me drive you. Yena will be mad at me if I won’t drive you to the train station.” He scratched his head and chuckled.

 

 

“Are you really sure? I don’t want to become a burden to you.” I scratched my cheek.

 

 

“No, you’re not. Don’t worry!” He assured me and he opened the backseat door of his car. “Hop in. Should I help you with your bags?”

 

 

“No, thank you. It’s fine.” I smiled and went inside the car. He closed the door for me and he sat on the driver’s seat. He’s about to start the engine of the car but I called his attention to ask him about something.

 

 

“Uhmm. Oppa.”

 

 

“Hmmm?” He looked at me by the rear view mirror of his car.

 

 

“I uhhh.. I uhmmm.. I just wanted to ask about Yena.”

 

 

“Sure! Go ahead.”

 

 

“Uhmm.. I just want to... I just want to know where she is.”

 

 

“Ohhh.  She didn’t tell you?” His eyes widen. “Oh. Yeah. I forgot that mom confiscated her phone for a while until she gets well.” He scratched his head.

 

 

I tilted my head to the side. “Uhmm.. Tell what?”

 

 

“She has a fever since last night.”

 

 

“A fever?” I narrowed my eyes.

 

 

“Yes. She came home wet when it rained hard last night. She told us that she didn’t have any umbrella with her and it she thought that the rain wouldn’t stop anytime soon so she decided to run back home in the middle of the rain.”

 

 

“I see. Thank you for telling me.” I dropped my head.

 

 

Maybe that’s the reason why she didn’t talk to me since last night.

 

 

Now I’m more worried.

 

 

“You know what.” He continued and I looked at him by the rear view mirror. “She really wanted to pick you up here to walk you to the bus station until to the train station even though she’s really not feeling well. She’s really persistent to go out since our parents left until night. She really wanted to see you before you left. So I volunteered to drive you to the train station because she really looked helpless and she told me to take good care of you and drive you safe. So if there’s something happened to you, she’ll probably kill me.” He smiled and he started the engine of the car.

 

 

 I smiled and nodded then I looked away.

 

 

“Uhmm. Oppa?”  I stared at him by the rear view mirror.

 

 

“Hmmm?” He turned his head at the back to look at me.

 

 

“Can I... uhh... Can I... see her?” I stared at the ground because I was so shy.

 

 

He grinned at me and returned his sight at the front. “Sure! She’ll definitely love to see you.”

 

 

He moved the car and we went to their home.

 

 

 

 

AT CHOI’S RESIDENCE...

When we arrived at their home, her brother opened the door.

 

 

“Feel free at home Yuri. Is there anything would you like to eat or to drink?” He offered and he welcomed me inside.

 

 

I went inside and stood near the couch of their living room.  “No, thank you! I’m fine.” I smiled back.

 

 

“Okay. Follow me.” He went to one of the doors in their house and I followed him. “This is her room.” He whispered.

 

 

He softly knocked on the door and Yena didn’t respond. He slightly opened the door and he peeked inside. “It looks like she’s still sleeping.” He looked at me. “If you need anything or if you need to leave now to go the train station, just ask or call me. Okay?”

 

 

“Yes Oppa! Thank you so much.” I whispered back.

 

 

He smiled and patted my head.  “Take good care of our Yena.” He left me and went to the kitchen.

 

 

I slowly went inside her room. It’s a little dark because the curtains were slightly opened.

 

 

It’s actually quite messy as what I had expected.

 

 

Some of her clothes were on the floor. I don’t have any idea if it’s her dirty clothes or not. Some of her stuffs were also scattered on the floor.

 

 

I sat on the edge of her bed and stared at her sleeping face.

 

 

She really looked peaceful. She’s still cute even though she’s sleeping.

 

 

Suddenly the door quietly opened. Her brother peeked inside and I stood up.

 

 

He went to me. “Yuri, can I left Yena in your care for a while? I got a call from someone and it’s urgent so I need to leave the house for a while but don’t worry I’ll be back by afternoon. If you’re hungry or anything, you can get anything from the fridge. By the way, her medicines are just on the side table beside her bed and her food is already on a separate container with her name on it in the fridge. Can you feed it to her if she woke up because she didn’t eat anything yet so she could take her medicines after? I’m sorry for suddenly passing the responsibility to you. Is it okay?” He whispered.

 

 

“It’s okay Oppa! Don’t worry. I’ll take good care of her. Take care and drive safe Oppa.” I whispered and smiled back.

 

 

“Thank you so much! Yena is really lucky to have you.” He patted my shoulder “Oh. By the way, this is Yena’s phone. I found it inside our parent’s room. Just in case something happened, you can call me using her phone. My number is on her emergency contact list. Thank you Yuri.” He handed me Yena’s phone and he quickly and quietly left the room.

 

 

I smiled at myself and I turned around and stared at her sleeping face again. I put down her phone on the side table beside her medicines.

 

 

“You always watch over me and take good care of me but now it is my time to do the same to you.” I whispered to myself.

 

 

I went to the kitchen and picked up a piece of cloth and soaked it into the cold water inside the basin. I wrung it and folded it in lengthwise just enough to fit her forehead. I went back inside her room. I gently swept her bangs to the side and upward and I could felt that her body temperature was a little hot. I carefully placed the piece of cloth on her forehead.

 

 

“Hmmmm... hmmm..” She moaned and murmured some words. She moved a little.

 

 

I think she’s dreaming. I carefully her cheeks and quietly giggled. She’s really cute. I looked around her room and I couldn’t stand the mess so I decided to clean up some of her stuffs. When I’m done, I decided to roam around a little inside her room. I saw her photos on the wall with her family and some of her friends and I saw her stuffed toys on display with some Produce 48 souvenirs. I went to her table and I also saw the pink hair tie that she bought last night. It’s really memorable. I placed her chair beside her bed and I picked up one of Yena’s magazines around her room to read it while watching over her.

 

 

Suddenly, I heard a beeping sound coming from Yena’s phone. I leaned myself near the side table where I left her phone to check what was that for. I didn’t mean to invade her privacy but I was thinking at that time that the message might come from her brother since her brother asked me to take good care of Yena while he was away and he might texted Yena’s phone to communicate with me since he also handed me her phone to use it to call him in case of emergency.

 

 

I leaned much closer and I’d found out that the message didn’t came from her brother.

 

 

It was from somebody else.

 

 

I’d unintentionally read the message preview.

 

 

I leaned back.

 

 

 

I Knew It.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

I heard a beep from my phone. My senses were telling me that my phone was just nearby so I need to wake up. I wanted to use my phone so badly because I wasn’t able to text Yuri last night. My phone got confiscated by my mom and I wanted to know if my brother already drove her to Busan.

 

 

So I opened my eyes slowly.

 

 

I got confused a little when I saw my room was clean and organized. I moved my head a little and I saw Yuri was busy reading the magazine.

 

 

“Yuuuu.. Yuri?” I whispered and my eyes got wider. I was really surprised to see her here.

 

 

She looked at me when she heard me. “Oh. You’re awake already?” She put down the magazine on the chair and she felt my forehead. “It seems like your temperature fell down a little.” She picked up the oral thermometer on the side table and placed it in my mouth. “Don’t speak, okay? I’ll just get your food on the fridge.”

 

 

She left my room without letting me speak for once and I’m confused about what’s going on. I touched my head and I felt a little dizzy. I saw my phone on the side table and I immediately checked it. I saw two missed calls from Yuri just a while ago and a message from a friend. I was about to open and to read the message but Yuri entered the room so I quickly put down my phone and hid it under the sheets.

 

 

She closed the door using her foot because her hands were holding a bowl of porridge. She carefully placed the bowl on the desk. “Wait. I’ll just go back to the kitchen. I will get you a glass of water.” She left the room again.

 

 

I quickly picked up my phone under the sheets and put it back on the side table.

 

 

Few seconds later, she returned with a glass of water on her hand. She placed it on the side table. She removed the thermometer from my mouth and checked it. “Your fever is going down. You should rest a little more.”

 

 

“Yuri... I uhhhh.... I’m just.. uhhh. Why are you here? I thought you’re going to Busan? Where’s my brother? Did he----“  I spoke but she interrupted me.

 

 

“You should eat first.” She smiled a little and I just nodded.

 

 

 She picked up the bowl of porridge on my desk and she sat on my bed to feed me. I sat on my bed with my back leaning against the wall.

 

 

She scooped the porridge using the spoon and she blew it carefully to cool down the porridge before feeding it to me. She then placed the spoon near my mouth and I opened it and ate it. She kept feeding me and she never said any single word. I just stared and observed her face and she’s a little serious than the usual.

 

 

I’m starting to worry if she read it or not. I felt like she saw it.

 

 

When I’m done eating, she was about to left the room but I grabbed her wrist. She looked at me with no expression on her face.

 

 

“Uhmmm.. Yuri... I.. .Uhhh... Tha.... Thank you.”

 

 

She smiled. “Drink your medicines now. I’ll just wash this.” She turned around and left the room.

 

 

I sighed deeply.

 

 

I wanted to do or to say something to her but I couldn’t because my mind and body is not functioning properly at the moment.

 

 

I drank my medicines and lay down. I waited for her to come inside my room again so I could talk to her.

 

 

For a few minutes, she’s still not here.

 

 

As I waited for her return, I’m starting to fall asleep again and my eyes were starting to close and I couldn’t fight it. I wanted to go outside but I couldn’t because I felt like I will fell down if I attempted to walk.

 

 

I felt like someone rang our doorbell.

 

 

My mind was a little curious but my body was too tired to move.

 

 

I heard voices outside but I couldn’t recognize it.

 

 

They were just talking casually and I had no idea what they were talking about.

 

 

Maybe it’s just my brother.

 

 

As long as I wanted to keep my eyes opened, but it wouldn’t cooperate.

 

 

Now my eyes were fully closed.

 

 

 

 

[[a/n: Are you ready for a rollercoaster ride? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) kekekeke]]

 [[a/n: Due to many revisions I made, I didn’t expect that I also finished writing Chapter 13 and it will be released 3-4 days after I release this Chapter. I’m so stressed and busier ever before because my birthday is near and Christmas is just next month so there are a lot of things I need to do and there are a lot of places I need to go. Tell me your thoughts about it. I would love to hear it. xoxo]]

Let’s connect! Follow me on IG and Twitter: @yenaxyuri

 

[[a/n: If you still haven’t read the Annyeongz (Yujin and Wonyoung) one shot I made, you can read it on Asianfanfics and Wattpad, only if you want to read it. LOL]]