CHAPTER 13 (PART 2): Right Now and Right Time

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

 [[YENA’S POV]]

 

“I’m really sorry.” My voice cracked.

 

And she didn’t respond.

 

At that moment I knew that I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore.

 

I looked at her and the tears started falling from my face.

 

I tried to speak despite the crack on my voice.

 

There were still so many things you should know Yuri.

 

So I just summed it all in one sentence.

 

“Please hold on a little longer. I need you, Yuri.”

 

It felt like a little guilt was released from my chest.

 

She’s staring at me and she’s frozen still.

 

Suddenly, she hugged me tight.

 

I rested my head on her shoulder.

 

I’m a type of person who doesn’t like showing my weakness and vulnerable side.

 

I used to give happiness and to bring joy to people around me.

 

“I’m sorry” I broke our hug and I wiped my own tears.

 

She cupped my face and helped me wipe my tears. “You don’t need to be strong all the time.”

 

“I’m… I’m sorry.” I dropped my head down.

 

“I’m your friend. I will always be here for you. You can tell me everything.” She my cheek with her thumb.

 

“I wish but I can’t really tell you. I’m sorry.” I met her eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” She looked at me intently.

 

Suddenly, we heard soft knocks on the door. We immediately stood upright and I turned around away from the door so her mother could not see the tears on my face.

 

Her mother opened the door slowly and she peeked inside. “Girls? Breakfast is ready. Both of you should go out now.”

 

“Yes mom. We will be out in a minute.” Yuri replied.

 

“Ye.. Yes Mrs. Jo” I added.

 

“Okay. Make it quick so the food won’t get cold.” She smiled at us and closed the door.

 

“Tell me when you’re ready.” Yuri gently my back while I’m wiping my tears using my shirt.

 

I responded by nodding at her. After a few seconds, I’m ready to go out.

 

“Let’s go” I replied with a soft smile.

 

She smiled back and we went to their dining room. The food was already served on the table. I sat in front of Yuri and beside her was her mother.

 

“So Yena, how’s the trip?” Her mother started the conversation while giving me a bowl of rice.

 

“Thank you Mrs. Jo” I accepted it and smiled at her. “It’s little scary. It’s my first time to travel this far.”

 

“I’m sorry for inviting you here suddenly even I know both of you are also leaving to go back to Seoul tomorrow.” Her mother gave me an apologetic smile.

 

“It’s fine! It’s fine Mrs. Jo! Don’t worry about it. I’m actually happy to be here.” I grinned at her. I saw out of the corner of my eyes that Yuri was just eating and listening to our conversation.

 

“I’m glad to hear that.” Her mother clasped her hands out of happiness. Then she looked at Yuri “Honey, why don’t you tour Yena later? Show her the places you used to go and places you used to play when you’re a little kid.”

 

Yuri gave us a soft smile. “Sure.”

 

“I have an idea!” Her mother’s eye got wider. “Why don’t you take Yena to the local carnival here? I heard they are operating again after months of repair and maintenance.”

 

Her mother looked at me enthusiastically. “You know what, we used to bring Yuri there when she’s a little kid.”

 

“Ohh. Really? I would love to go there.” I replied happily.

 

“Great! I’m sure both of you will enjoy there.”

 

I smiled at her mother and Yuri nodded.

 

We finished our meals and her mother washed the dishes. Yuri and I were in the living room playing with her dog and watching television. After her mother washed the dishes, she joined us in the living room. I spent my whole afternoon chatting with Yuri and her mother. I enjoyed talking to her mother because I got to know a lot about Yuri. Also, the Busan accent was very notable. Both of them have that accent and I find it cute. Like mother, like daughter.

 

Her mother prepared us apple juice for us to refresh. She handed me the glass of apple juice “Yena, I’m just wondering how both of you suddenly became so close in such a short period of time? Yuri didn’t tell me about it or anything on the phone.”

 

“Thank you!” I accepted the glass of apple juice. “Uhmmm” I looked at Yuri but she’s busy sipping her juice. “I uhmmm… We were… both in the same class before.” I sipped my juice.

 

“Oh! You’re right, anything exciting?”

 

Exciting? Oh! There were A LOT. She fainted in my arms when we first met and my gay freaked out because she’s my crush for a long time already but I managed to control my gay hormones because I need to make sure first that she’s okay, she even almost killed me with a plastic spoon and brought me to a secluded place, she got mad at me for touching her *censored* accidentally and unintentionally even if I’m not really sure if I really touched it because I felt like I’m touching a flat wall, she even pulled a prank on me when I was on top of her inside my room and it took me days to explain to my brother that nothing really happened and it’s just a playful joke, and lastly the worst part was she showed affection to me and I’m not really sure if she really meant it because I felt like in one second she likes me and then the other second she got mad at me for no reason.

 

I really don’t understand her at all.

 

She’s playing with my feelings.

 

“Uhmm. Not that much.” I awkwardly laughed.

 

I saw Yuri out of the corner of my eyes that she’s about to smack the hell out of me for saying that.

 

Her mother giggled. “I see. Oh well, I will just take my afternoon nap. If you need anything you can ask Yuri while I’m sleeping.” She stood up and went to her room.

 

Yuri scooted beside me and hit my arms lightly. “Yaaaahh! What do you mean not that much, huh?!”

 

See. She’s getting mad again.

 

“What am I supposed to say? Should I tell your mother that you almost--------“

 

She quickly covered my mouth. “Fine! Just shut your mouth.”

 

I tickled her tummy and she burst into laughter and she tickled me back. We’re playing around each other and the living room was filled with endless laughter and bickering. It’s good to see her laugh like this.

 

And I guess what Yuri and I have right now should stay this way…

 

…for a while.

 

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YURI’S POV]]

 

BEFORE GOING TO THE CARNIVAL…

“Mom, are you sure you’re not coming with us to the carnival?” I asked my mom. Yena and I were already at the door and we’re ready to leave.

 

“Yes honey, I’ll just stay home. I would love to cook good food for our dinner later. Have a great time you two!” My mother kissed my head and she patted Yena’s shoulder.

 

“We’re going to leave now.” I told my mom. Yena and I bowed to her and we walked our way there.

 

The local carnival was really not that far from us and it’s just a fifteen minutes walk. Besides, it’s late afternoon and the sun was setting soon. The weather was nice and the cold summer breeze was bearable so it’s nice to have a walk.

 

She’s telling a story while we’re walking and I subtly stared at her and my thoughts were consuming me.

 

Yena and I were starting to get comfortable again with each other just like before but like no romantic feelings involved. Well for me, that’s a little exception. I still have feelings for her but I should stop myself for getting that feeling much deeper because I don’t want to get hurt again. Little by little, I’m accepting the fact that we’re really just good friends. Also, I respect her relationship and her decisions with her life. I promised myself that I will be there for her if she needs me.

 

I smiled at myself.

 

And I guess what Yena and I have right now were enough for me…

 

….and I’m contented with it.

 

“Yaaaah! Are you listening?” Yena pouted her lips in disbelief.

 

“Wait. What are you talking about again?” I .

 

“Yaaah! Seriously? You’re unbelievable!”

 

I laughed and I ignored her constant whining on our way to the carnival.

 

After a few minutes, we finally reached our destination. The atmosphere was quite lively and there were a lot of people too. It’s been really a long time since the last time I went here. I remember my friends and I went here for the last time before I went to Seoul to pursue my dreams.

 

“Wow! This place is cool. So, what do you want to do ride first?” She asked me while looking at the rollercoaster happily.

 

“You don’t need to ask. You’re obvious.” I giggled.

 

We rode the rollercoaster first and from riding it proves my ability as the main vocal. I even reached high notes that I never reached before and I couldn’t stop laughing at Yena’s rising shoulder every time we hit the drop of the ride. I couldn’t stop teasing her about that and she’ really cute when she’s slightly pissed off.

 

In order for Yena to redeem herself from her embarrassment in riding the rollercoaster, she saw a claw machine that’s filled with small assorted metal keychain stuffed toys. She grabbed my hand and she pulled me there. She bought tokens.

 

“I’ll show you how good I am with this one.” She flexed her so called “muscles” at me that’s actually filled with baby arm fats.  She’s really a dork.

 

“Let’s see how bad you are.” I .

 

“Watch me.” She winked at me.

 

Her first attempt was really bad. It even didn’t touch the stuffed toy she’s about to target. She quietly shouted her frustration and I laughed at her.

 

“Wow. Now I know how bad you are.”

 

“Wait! Wait! It’s just a warm up. I’m just feeling the buttons here. Let me try one more time.” She begged.

 

“Okay.” I snickered.

 

On her second attempt, she almost got it but when it’s near the dropped off area, it fell out at the corner.

“AHHHHHH! It’s almost!” Her hands were on her head out of frustration and I just laughed at her hysterically.

 

“Wait! Wait! I will get it. Just watch me.” She picked up her coin purse inside her pocket to buy more tokens for the claw machine.

 

I’m just beside her and I just watched her. She attempted to get the stuffed toy for almost ten times already and she only had the last token left. It’s difficult to get the stuffed toy because it’s in the corner and it’s unreachable.

 

I watched her praying and kissing the last token before she inserted it to the machine. I giggled at her. She’s really cute and she’s really dedicated to get that stuffed toy.

 

She took a deep breath and she started to move the joystick and then she pressed the button. I thought she’s about to get it successfully, but it’s not.

 

“THIS IS RIGGED!” She kneeled down on the floor and she shouted her frustrations.

 

I laughed at her again. “Yaaaah! You’re just really bad at it. Just admit it.” I really couldn’t resist her cuteness. “I can’t understand you why are you dedicated to get that stuffed toy. There are plenty of varieties of stuffed toy inside.”

 

“It’s because I want it so bad. I really want it.” She just took a deep breath and she paused for a while.

 

I stared at her because she’s not moving at all. “Yena?” I patted her shoulders.

 

“I have an idea!” She quickly stood up and I startled.

 

 “Wh… What is it?” I held my chest because I was surprised.

 

“Just wait here.”

 

She ran off somewhere. After a minute or two, she came back with an oval magnet that I think she bought from one of the novelty stores here in the carnival.

 

“A magnet? What are you going to do with that?” I raised my eyebrow at her.

 

“Shhh.” She quickly looked around and she sneakily placed the magnet into the keychain metal part of the stuffed toy that she really wanted to get that was stuck on the corner. She slowly moved the magnet with the stuffed toy into the dropped off area and she successfully get it.

 

“WOOOOW! Daebak!” My eyes got wider and my jaw dropped. I was really amazed about what just happened.

 

She picked up the stuffed toy inside the machine. She showed the cute hamster stuffed toy to me and she imitated a small and cute baby voice. “Annyeong Yuri! I’m Hamsteryul! Since you are not always around, I will take good care of this dumb but cute ducky. I will be on her care from now on. Please kiss me good luck so I could survive being with her.” She laughed and placed the stuffed toy near my mouth.

 

 I stared at the hamster stuffed toy and then I kissed it slowly.

 

She giggled. I bit my lip and dropped my head. I shouldn’t feel this way. This was so wrong. Why am I blushing so hard?

 

“Wait!” Something came up on my mind.

 

“What is it?” She’s hugging the stuffed toy.

 

“Isn’t it illegal?” I’m worried but she just looked away.

 

“Uhmmm.. Erh..” She scratched the back of her head. “Well, somehow… I guess.”

 

“Yaaah! We should return it back.”

 

“Wait! For all the coins I spent just to buy tokens for this, I think it will be compensated. Don’t you think?” She smirked.

 

I shook my head out of amusement. “I really don’t understand how your mind works.”

 

She then quickly grabbed my hand and ran away. “Let’s go!”

 

“Whaaa… What?”

 

“I think the staff saw what we did.”

 

“WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN ‘WE’?”

 

She’s laughed and she met my eyes. “Just run away with me.”

 

You really don’t know how badly I wanted to run away with you.

 

She pulled me towards the haunted house. I know I would screw this up because I really don’t enter this kind of place because it scares the hell out of me.

 

“Yaaaahhh. Why do you bring me here?” I whispered as I curled my hands onto her arms because I’m really scared.

 

“I just wanted to know something.” She whispered back as we slowly walked inside this dark, gloomy, and scary haunted house.

 

“Wha… What are you trying to know?” I’m starting to lose control of myself and I’m starting to have goose bumps.

 

“I wa… I wanted to… to… know… tha… that------“

 

“AAAAHHHH!” We both shouted at the same time when something suddenly came up on us. We just kept running fast towards the exit. Yena almost rolled on the floor when she got shocked and I almost had a heart attack. We quickly ran away from the haunted house and laughed at the corner.

 

“Let’s not enter to that place again. That is much scarier than the roller coaster.” I’m wiping the tears off my face and she’s just laughing at me. I slightly hit Yena on her arms. “Yaaaaah! Why are you laughing? I saw you almost cried too!”

 

She helped me wiped the tears off my face. “I’m not! When I’m with you, I need to be brave. There’s no reason to be scared at----“  She paused.

 

I narrowed my eyes at her and it looked like something’s bothering her. “What’s the problem?”

 

“Uhhh.. not.. nothing.” She looked away.

 

I could felt that there’s definitely something bothering her. I quickly think of other ways to divert the topic because I don’t’ want to ruin the mood. We’re supposed to be happy and we should enjoy this remaining time. I paused for a while to think but when I looked up, I saw the Ferris wheel.

I grabbed her wrist and I pulled her towards the Ferris wheel. “Come on! Let’s this be our last ride here before we go home. It’s getting late and mom is waiting for us for dinner.” I smiled at her and she smiled back softly.

 

We went inside the cabin and we were seated in front of each other. We’re a little frightened when the Ferris wheel started to move clockwise. I saw out of the corner of my eyes that she’s smiling again as we’re watching the night view of Busan and I’m quite happy.

 

“Yena, I just wanted to ask you something. I hope you don’t mind.” I looked at her while she’s still looking at the view outside.

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

“A while ago inside the haunted house, you said that you wanted to know something. I’m just curious what do you wanted to know?”

 

She smiled softly and she met my eyes.

 

“I just wanted to know if which one is scarier, the haunted house or…”

 

“Or?” I tilted my head to the side.

 

“Or losing you.”

 

I gasped and I quickly looked away because my heart was starting to beat crazy.  “Wha… What did yo… you find out?”

 

“To be honest, the haunted house is scarier…

 

…but losing you right now is the scariest.”

 

I dropped my head and I held my chest. I really don’t know what to say. I really don’t understand why she was doing this to me. I couldn’t believe that she’s playing with my feelings again.

 

We’ve been silent for a minute but when we’re almost at the peak of the Ferris wheel, she sat upright and she stopped checking the view. I assumed maybe she’s getting scared again because it’s getting too high. I scooted beside her and I held her hand.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

 

“Nothing. I just remembered something.” She gave me a soft smile.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I felt like this is a scene from a movie.”

 

“Hmmm. Why do you say so?”

 

“They said that many love confessions happened in the Ferris wheel especially when it reaches the peak.” She stared seriously at me.

 

“Re…Really? Why in the Ferris wheel?”

 

“Maybe because if you confessed before reaching the peak of the Ferris wheel, the person you’d confessed with couldn’t run away immediately if that person doesn’t like you.” She giggled. “That’s why many people take this opportunity to confess.”

 

“I see.” I dropped my head. I really don’t know if I should confess to her or something because I’m not really sure if she could reciprocate how I felt about her. But first, I really wanted to know what the text message was all about. I’m actually having a second thought whether I should ask her about that. But I don’t want to miss this opportunity and I don’t want to regret this at the end when in fact I know I could do something. I just really wanted to put my heart in peace.

 

I looked at her. “Uhmm. Yena?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

A few inches away and we’re about to reach the peak of the Ferris wheel.

 

I paused for a while and I gained my courage.

 

I met her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is there something going on between you and Goeun?”

 

 

 

 

 

She looked away and didn’t respond for a while.

 

 

I could see the hurt in her eyes and I didn’t know why.

 

 

We finally reached the top of the Ferris wheel when she spoke up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Y…Yes.”

 

 

 

 

My heart shattered into pieces.

 

So it’s true then.

 

They’re already dating each other.

 

“I see.” I removed my hands off her and I patted her head.

 

I tried not to look at her because I felt like my tears would fell and I don’t want her to see me crying because of her. She wiped a tear that fell from her face.

 

“Don’t cry you .” I chuckled while my voice cracked. I’m about to cry but I’m doing the best I could to hold back the tears.

 

“I’m sorry Yuri for not telling you.”

 

“It’s okay. I totally understand. Don’t worry, I’m fine.”

 

LIES

 

I gently her back as the cabin we’re into started to go down. I felt like I just wanted to run away from here because the person I like was already in a relationship with someone else but I couldn’t because the cabin we’re into was just about to go down. We both endured the long silence. When we reached the bottom, we walked outside. I broke down the silence and I initiated the conversation.

 

 “So, uhmm… Shall we go home?” I forced a smile.

 

“Sure.” She nodded.

 

We walked our way back home and we didn’t talk that much. When we reached our house, my mother welcomed us with a warm smile. Everything went well during dinner. The food was delicious and Yena and I shared our experiences except of course what happened in the Ferris wheel. After we ate dinner, I kissed good night to my mother then Yena and I entered my room since she’ll stay the night here. I washed up in the bathroom first then Yena’s next. While I wait for her to finish, I was already lying down on my bed. After a few minutes, she went out and she lay down next to me.

 

“Should I turn off the lights?” I asked her.

 

“Sure.” Then she faced the other side away from me.

 

I was lying in my back. I looked at her and I felt like I wanted to touch her but I shouldn’t.

 

There were a lot of things I wanted to clear and I wanted to ask.

 

Maybe what she meant about she didn’t want to lose me was she didn’t want to lose me as a friend.

 

I guess it all ends there.

 

And we should stop there.

 

“Good night Yena.”

 

“Good night Yuri.”

 

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YURI’S POV]]

 

THE DAY OF CONTINUATION OF FILMING OF PRODUCE 48

We’re all finally returned for the next mission. The staffs gathered us and let us wear our practice t shirts with our respective grades on it. We were inside this big room while waiting for our time to enter it. The staff members and the crew still took time preparing the lighting and the cameras in the filming area.

 

I felt really sleepy because I didn’t sleep that much since Yena and I returned back here to Seoul. I’m still glad that things went back to normal between us like just good friends. We still got playful moments and I think it’s just normal for good friends. I convinced myself that I shouldn’t assume things anymore unless otherwise it was stated.

 

 While waiting for our time, I saw Yena were having a casual chat with Goeun. I really shouldn’t mind them but I couldn’t help myself to stare at them.

 

“Yuri-yaaaah. Yuri-yaaaaah” Si Hyun hugged me tightly from behind. “I missed you. It’s been two weeks since the last time I saw you. How you been up to?”

 

“I missed you too. I’m good…. so far.” I awkwardly laughed and I scratched my cheeks.

 

She broke from the hug. “Anyway, I heard Yena followed you to Busan and your mother already gave the both of you the blessings to be in a relationship.”

 

“HUH?” I widen my eyes. “Who told you that?”

 

“Sian.” Si Hyun pointed Sian who winked and smirked at me. I shook my head in disbelief. I’m going to smack the hell out of that crackhead later.

 

Suddenly, the staff announced that we should regroup according to our grades and I don’t understand myself why I felt a little relief when Yena and Goeun stopped talking to each other to regroup according to our respective grades. I said good bye to Si Hyun and I went to the back of the line since my grades was F.

 

The staff then announced that we will enter the filming area and the filming will start now. I was really nervous when it announced that almost half of us will be eliminated. I promised myself that I would give all my focus and I would be more dedicated to prove myself in this show.

 

The member picking started by Sakura because she’s the first center. After that, she drawn Yujin’s name so it’s Yujin’s turn to pick her own members. Her first pick was Goeun, and then Wonyoung, and then Yena, and so on. When I heard Yena’s name, I felt a little torn inside my heart. She and her girlfriend were together in the same team, they will be living in the same room too inside the dorm. I know it’s none of my business but I really couldn’t help to think about it.

 

When all of the members were selected, we need to discuss which song we would pick and we pick Short Hair by AOA and also I’m quite happy because Si Hyun was my teammate. Representative Lee Seung Gi lined up all the team leaders of the group to start the race. When the team leaders of each group were already lined up, Yena went over to me and I’m quite happy.

 

“What song did your team chose?” She asked me.

 

“Uhmm.  Short Hair. How about you guys?”

 

“Very Very Very.” She giggled while she danced a little part of the choreography.

 

I subtly looked for Goeun because I don’t know why I’m being conscious every time I’m around with Yena. I felt like I’m doing something wrong and I don’t want to be guilty. Suddenly, Representative Lee Seung Gi blew his whistle. The big room was filled with loud cheers. Some of us were really happy and some of us were upset because they didn’t get the song they wanted to perform. We’re very happy because we got to perform the song that we like.

 

We started to practice and we were all busy throughout the day practicing the song and choreography. Thankfully, I’m able to practice well and my mind was occupied because if I’m not doing anything, my mind automatically taught of Yena and Goeun all the time knowing that they were on the same team and I know it will just affect me so I need to keep myself busy.

 

Few days had passed and we’re just busy practicing. Nothing that much really happened between Yena and I since she’s also busy practicing on her own team. Sometimes we managed to have a small talk in our break time. But most of the time, she’s spending all her time in her team especially with Goeun and I think I’m getting used to it.

 

During in one of our practice day, the staff called us to play a game called ‘In The Silence’. I laughed so hard when we play that game especially at Sian. She’s really indeed a living meme. After we played the game as we went outside the room, Si Hyun called my attention.

 

“Yuri, looks like someone is waiting for you.” Si Hyun pointed at Yena who waved at us. We went to her.

 

I waved back and I turned to Si Hyun “I’ll be back at practice after this.”

 

“Sure” She winked at me and Yena and then she left.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked Yena.

 

“I’m waiting for you. Let’s go!” She quickly grabbed my hand and we ran off to somewhere.

 

“Yaaaah! Where are we going?”

 

“Shhh. Just follow me.”

 

As we walk inside this hallway, I got familiarized by the place.

 

We turned left at the hallway and we went inside this small empty room at the most end hallway.

 

My favorite place…

 

…. where it all begun.

 

We went inside and she quietly closed the door.

 

“What are we doing here?” I asked her.

 

“We’re going to play a game.”

 

I crossed my arms. “A game?”

 

“Yes. We will play the ‘In The Silence’ game.” She picked her phone and her earphones inside her pocket.

 

“Huh? Why me? You could ask Goeun to play with you.”

 

“I want you.”

 

My heart skipped a beat. I know I shouldn’t give double meaning on everything she will say. I quickly changed the topic. “Anyway, why are we playing that game?”

 

“It’s because I didn’t have the chance to play the game. I only held the notepad.” She pouted. “I’ll go first. Say any word or words that you wanted me to guess and I need to guess that word or words before the song ends. If I didn’t guess it before the song ends, you won. Okay? Just pick any song that you like to play.” She put the earphones in her ears.

 

I browse her songs in her music library. I smirked when I saw this particular song and I chose to play it.

 

Now Playing: Girlfriend – Avril Lavigne

[[a/n: It’s better if you listen to the whole song. Imagine Yena’s face when she’s listening to this one. LOL. Don’t we love possessive Yuri?” Hahaha.]]

 

I saw her expression suddenly changed into confused state when she heard the lyrics of the song especially the opening chorus and I laughed at her.

 

“Are you ready?”  I mouthed at her with hand signals and she gave me an “Okay” hand signal.

 

I started to mouth the words that she needed to guess.

 

“Movies.” I shouted.

 

She looked at me intently and she couldn’t understand what I’m saying.

 

“MOO-VIS as in MOVIES” I shouted.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said, MOVIES!”

 

She narrowed her eyes at me.

 

“M-O-V-I-E-S ! MOVIES!” I spelled it at her.

 

Her face turned bright and I thought she already guessed the right answer. “AHHH! I know! I know!”

 

“What?” I got excited.

 

She quickly touched her chest and shouted. “IES!”

 

I facepalmed so hard. “YAAAAH! NO! NO!” I shook my head. “It’s MOVIES! MOOOOOOOVVVVVIIIIIIEEEEEEESSSSS!” I emphasized the word.

 

She narrowed her eyes at me and then for a few seconds, her face turned bright again and I’m hoping she got the correct answer this time. “I KNOW!”

 

“What?” I got excited again.

 

“TITIES!” She touched her chest again.

 

“YAAAAAHHHHH! WHAT THE HELL! Can you stop touching your… ugh!” I quicly removed her hands off her chest.

 

I gestured at her to listen at me carefully and I showed her the screen of her phone that the music was about to end and she needed to hurry. “MOVIES” I shouted.

 

“AHHHH! I KNOW!”

 

“What?” I got excited again but I’m nervous on what she’ll about to shout.

 

“PUSS-----“

 

I quickly covered and I removed her earphones off her ear. “OKAY! THAT’S ENOUGH!” I lightly hit her arms. “Yaaaah! What’s wrong with you?”

 

She just hysterically laughed her off the floor. No wonder why she didn’t let her teammates to guess because she might say something weird that might kick her out in the show.

 

“Okay. It’s your turn.” She wiped off her tears from laughing so hard. She put the earphones inside my ears and she’s browsing her saved songs in her music library. She took her time picking up a song and I wondered why.

 

Finally, she picked one and played it. She smiled at me.

 

Now Playing: Say You Like Me by We The Kings

 

[[a/n: I used to send this song to my crush before, and now we’re dating. Send this song to your crush too if you can’t express your feelings in words, you will be surprised he/she might liked you back or you might end up crying in the ditch. LOL. JK. Hey, at least you tried. LMAO.]]

 

I felt the reggae vibe of the song when I first heard it. She gave me an “Are you ready?” signal and I gave her two thumbs up.

 

She mouthed the words for a few times.

 

I really don’t understand the words because the music was very loud.

 

“WHAT?” I shouted.

 

She mouthed it again for many times.

 

I narrowed my eyes at her. “HUH?”

 

She facepalmed but she kept mouthing the words.

 

“MARIO IS DEAD! Who the hell is Mario?!” I shouted.

 

She scratched her head and she shouted the words.

 

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Barbeque?”

 

She shook her head and she laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

She paused for a while.

 

 

 

 

 

And she didn’t notice that the music was about to end…

 

 

 

 

 

Seconds passed…

 

 

 

 

 

And the music ends exactly at the…

 

 

 

 

 

Right Time..

 

 

 

 

 

… when she shouted…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I Like You”

 

 

 

 

 

For the last time.

 

 

 

 

I gasped.

 

 

 

 

And my broken heart started to beat again.

 

 

 

[[a/n: Just keep holding on. <3]]

[[a/n: Since it’s my birthday today (November 22), I decided to release early the Chapter 13 (PART 3/the last part) on Sunday (November 25) as my birthday gift to all of you guys who keep reading and supporting this story. I was supposed to release that on Tuesday or Wednesday.]]

[[a/n: Also, I’m sorry if everything took so long. I’m busy with my personal life and I’m also working on HEORST now. And, I’m also working on a “special something” for this fanfic. So I’m really sorry for the delay. I hope you would still read this story despite of many delays. LOL]]

Let’s connect! Follow me on Instagram & Twitter: @yenaxyuri

 

Note: I also would love to grab this opportunity to thank you some of you who greeted me on my social accounts. I really appreciate the love. <3

 

OMYGAD. I TALKED SO MUCH. HAHAHA.  I’m sorry.

 

Thank you for reading! <3

 

REFERENCES:

[[Some of the reference videos will be posted soon. I was not able to compile the videos because I’m busy at the moment. Thank you for understanding.]]