CHAPTER 14: Until Now

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

[[YURI’S POV]]

 

*** FLASHBACK ***

 

“Welcome to our house.” Yi Ren opened their house door from its lock. “Yuri, feel free at home.” She gestured at me to come inside of their house.

 

“Thanks! Your house is actually pretty nice.” I carefully stepped inside and I noticed that their house has some Chinese decors that are remarkably fascinating and the house itself was really clean.

 

“Thanks! My dad really likes decoration stuffs and my mom always wants the house to be clean all the time.” Yi Ren closed the door behind me.

 

Si Hyun just casually walked inside their living room like she also lived here. She’s really comfortable and it’s truly evident that she stayed here a lot. She sat on the sofa and placed her feet on the center table. She called me and she patted the space beside her at the sofa. “Come here Yuri. Just do whatever you want here. Yi Ren doesn’t mind.” Si Hyun smirked and Yi Ren just smiled and she shook her head in disbelief. Yi Ren went straight to the kitchen to get some snacks. I giggled at them as I sat beside Si Hyun. They really had a cute friendship.

 

They invited me here after we ate at the convenience store since I got nothing to do that much and I just really wanted to relax, I decided to join them as well. It felt so good to be still friends with the Yue Hua girls. I couldn’t help to think what if Yena was here too. I might end up in an awkward situation after I told her that we should stop seeing each other in private. But seeing her a while ago just passing by the convenience store, made my heart a little happy.

 

“Yuri?” Si Hyun poked my cheeks.

 

I startled when I finally came back to my senses. I was caught in my deep thoughts to the point I didn’t notice that Si Hyun was calling me for a few times already. “Oh. I’m sorry. I’m just thinking something.” I shook my head and I smiled apologetically. “What is it?”

 

Si Hyun smirked at me. “What are you thinking?”

 

“Nothing. Just thinking about what may happen next when we came back to the show.”

 

“Oh. Really?” Si Hyun just nodded in disbelief. It’s obvious that she wanted to ask something but she didn’t do it and she just let it slipped away. “Anyway, I just wanted to ask you what movie you want to watch.”

 

“Hmmm. Anything will do except horror movies. I can’t really watch those kinds of movies.”

 

“Okay. Let’s watch teen type of movies.” She grabbed the remote control from the center table and she the television and then switched to Netflix. She browsed movies for a few minutes and she didn’t chose anything yet.

 

“Have you guys chosen any movie yet?” Yi Ren came back with the bowl full of snacks and she placed it down on the center table.

 

“Not yet. It’s so hard to choose a movie.” Si Hyun pouted while still browsing movies on Netflix.

 

Yi Ren extended her arm with an opened palm at Si Hyun. “Give me the remote. I will choose.” Si Hyun handed the remote and she quickly checked her phone when it beeped. Just a few seconds of browsing, Yi Ren chose a movie entitled, “Love, Simon”. She asked us “Have you guys already watched this before?”

 

Si Hyun peeked at the television screen and she immediately returned her sight at the screen of her phone. She looked like she’s busy texting with someone. “I just heard it from my other friends but I didn’t get the chance to watch it with them before because we’re busy filming Produce 48 at that time.”

 

Yi Ren turned at me. “How about you, Yuri?”

 

I scratched the back of my neck. “Uhmm. Not yet. But I also heard it somewhere before and I also find that movie interesting to watch.”

 

Yi Ren smiled at me as she sat on the sofa beside me. “This movie is truly interesting and relatable.”

 

“Have you watched this before?” I asked her.

 

“Uhmm. Just one time with Yena when it was first released in Netflix.” She grabbed the popcorn from the center table. “But I think it’s definitely worth watching again.” She smiled at me while she offered the snack to me.

 

I accepted it and I smiled back. “Thanks.”

 

Yi Ren clicked the play button on the remote and the three of us watched the movie together.

 

Basically, the movie revolves around this high school teenage boy named, Simon Spier, who’s having a hard time discovering himself and eventually discovered himself that he’s gay. Everything was just normal for him until one day, one of his friends told him that there’s this one anonymous person with a username called, “Blue”, confessed on their school confession website that he’s gay. Because of this, Simon got the courage to send an email to Blue using the username called, “Jacques”, to tell Blue that he relates to him. After few emails, Simon (a.k.a. Jacques) fallen in love with Blue whom he never met in personal yet.

 

Until one day, someone found out Simon’s emails with Blue and also his secret that he’s gay and he’s falling in love with Blue. This person blackmailed Simon to do something relating to one of Simon’s friends in exchange for not telling his secrets and not leaking his emails with Blue to the whole school. Simon was now facing a big decision that might change his life for better or for worse. A decision where he would either to save the friendship but possibly lost himself or to lose the friendship but probably save himself.

[[a/n: Love, Simon is a must watch movie and I recommend it to you guys. *wink wink*]]

 

We’re in the middle of watching the movie and I noticed that Si Hyun’s couldn’t concentrate from watching the movie because she’s busy texting with someone. I didn’t have any idea who’s she texting with because the phone was titled away from me like she’s hiding something. Meanwhile, Yi Ren was just eating the snacks with her eyes were fixated at the big screen in front of us.

 

After the movie ended, my stomach was full of butterflies and my heart was fluttering. This movie was so damn relatable at some parts and I would definitely watch this again if I have spare time.

 

“Yaaaah! The movie ended already?!” Si Hyun complained.

 

Yi Ren smirked at Si Hyun. “Yes. If you’re not so busy with your phone, you’ll enjoy the movie too just like Yuri.” Yi Ren stood up and picked up the empty bowl of snacks.

 

Si Hyun teased Yi Ren. “Why? Are you jealous?”

 

Yi Ren gave a playful disgusting look “Ewww.”

 

“Yaaaah!” Si Hyun lightly hit Yi Ren’s .

 

Yi Ren revenged by hitting her back to her arms. “Yaaah! Stand up and help me from refilling this empty bowls with snacks at the kitchen!”

 

“I don’t want to. I’m busy texting.” Si Hyun stuck her tongue out at her and Yi Ren just shook her head in disbelief.

 

I stood up and I picked up the other bowl on the center table. “I’ll help you.”

 

Yi Ren smiled at me. “Thanks Yuri. You’re really helpful.” She lightly hit Si Hyun’s arm again while sticking her tongue out too at her before we went to the kitchen and I just laughed at their constant teasing at each other.

 

While we’re filling the bowls with various snacks before watching another movie again, she asked me something. “So, how’s the movie?”

 

“Good is an understatement. It’s perfect.” I giggled. “I really love that movie. It’s definitely worth watching.”

 

She grinned. “Me too.” She paused for a while before speaking up again. “I just wanted to know if you were to choose like Simon, what will you choose? Will you save yourself but lose your friends or lose yourself but save your friends?”

 

“Hmmm.” I stopped from refilling the bowl with snacks as I was thinking deeply of my answer.

 

Yi Ren was patiently anticipating at my answer. “Take your time, Yuri.”

 

It took me a minute before I finally came up with my answer. “I think I will choose to lose myself just to save my friends.”

 

Yi Ren dropped her head and she just smiled at herself.

 

I stared at her confusingly. “Why?”

 

She sighed and she picked up the bowl full of various snacks “I hoped by now you already understand.”

 

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Understand what?”

 

She met my eyes. “I hope you already understand by now that Yena has a great big heart.”

 

HUH?

 

What’s the connection of this to her?

 

“Wha... Wha... What do you mean?” I’m starting to get more even confused. “Did you also asked this question to her when you watched the movie together?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“May I know what she answered?”

 

She just smiled as she started to walk away with the bowl of various snacks on her hands. “You should ask her about it. Let’s go back now Yuri.”

 

“Wa... Wai... Wait!” I rushed putting the snacks on the bowl.

 

“The movie was starting!” Si Hyun shouted from the living room.

 

I quickly ran to the living room with the bowl of snacks on my hand and I placed it down on the center table. I sat again in between Yi Ren and Si Hyun and we watched the movie again together.

 

Yena has a great big heart, huh?

 

I’m intrigued on what Yiren really meant.

 

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

 

 

THE DAY BEFORE THE REHEARSAL DAY FOR THE POSITION BATTLE EVALUATION

Just a few hours after we ate dinner, my appetite was going crazy. Maybe I’m stress eating because the amount of stress I received these past few days was so high so I decided to go out and asked my friends if they could give me their extra snacks because I don’t have any snacks left in my bag.

 

I first went to Eun Young’s room but I found out that no one was in there. They’re probably still practicing their dance at the practice room. I go to Gyu Ri’s room next but I found out that they’re not there also. Maybe they were at the small room to practice their vocals. My last and only hope was to go to Sian’s room. I knocked on their door softly.

 

Surprisingly, the door opened.

 

“Yow, Wazzup?” Sian greeted me.

 

“Wazzup. Do you like have extra snack there that you can give to me? I’m really hungry.” I pouted at her.

 

She smirked at me “No.” She closed the door but I managed to stop her.

 

“I will tell Eunbi unnie that you like her.” I whispered.

 

She quickly opened the door wide. “Ugh! Fine! I have gummy worms here.”

 

While she’s looking for the gummy worms inside her bag, I noticed that Won Young was eating ramen on her bunk and Yi Ren was already sleeping, and some of her teammates were not there.

 

“Here.” Sian handed me the gummy worms. “Now, go to hell Yuri.” Sian smirked.

 

I laughed in victory while accepting it. “Well, see you there.” I stuck my tongue out at her and I went straight back to my room.

 

Just a few minutes, I already finished eating the gummy worms. I placed my hands on my stomach and rolled over my bed. “Uggghhh! I want to eat more.” I groaned. My two other Japanese teammates were not here inside the room. Maybe they were sneaking in one of the rooms in the dorm. Si Hyun was using the bathroom and Goeun was sitting on the floor while doing her night skin care routine.

 

Goeun giggled at me. “Yaaah. Do you want to eat some ramen with me?”

 

“Really? When I went to Sian’s room a while ago, I saw Wonyoung eating ramen and I couldn’t help myself but to crave.” My eyes got bigger when I heard that. I couldn’t resist if someone offered me to eat regardless of the time of the day.

 

“Yeah.” ‘She went to her luggage and she showed me two instant cup ramen. “Here.” She smiled at me brightly.

 

I got excited to eat again as I quickly sat on my bed when I saw the food. “You’re amazing Goeun!” I clapped happily and she laughed at me.

 

To be honest at first when she became one of my teammates in this battle, I taught it’s going to be awkward or uncomfortable for me especially in our first practice when we chose who’s going to be the center. I acknowledged Goeun’s voice skills and talent and it was really a close fight. I thought I’m going to lose but I managed to secure the spot. I taught she’s going to be mad at me or something but she’s actually supportive when I got the position. She even taught me her style of how she sung the high notes as recommended by Trainer Lee Hong Gi. Day by day we’re getting closer and she’s always there for me every time I struggled.

 

I don’t know why, but I felt a little guilt around her at first because I’m seeing her girlfriend in private. Even though, it might have no meaning to the other people but for me it had somehow had a meaning because I have feelings for Yena. But I’m grateful Goeun and I still became good friends since we were in class A before and I’m more comfortable around her now.

 

She went to me and offered me a hand to stand up from my bed. “Let’s go get some hot water for this.”

 

I pouted and I rolled over again on my bed. “I’m too lazy to stand up and to walk around.”

 

She smirked at me and she quickly jumped on my bed. “Yaaaah Yuri! Are you still too lazy?” She kept tickling me to the point that I couldn’t breathe.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! STOP IT! I CAN’T BREATHE! I’M GOING TO STAND UP NOW! HAHAHAHAHA” I tried to remove her hands but I couldn’t because my energy wasted on laughing so much.

 

Suddenly, we heard a loud and forced cough inside the room. Si Hyun just came out from the bathroom and she teasingly raised her eyebrow at us in disbelief. “Yena must be shaking right now.”

 

Goeun quickly stood up from my bed and she picked up the two instant cup ramen from the floor. “We’re just getting hot water for these. Do you want to join us?” She asked Si Hyun.

 

 “No, thank you. I’m still full.” Si Hyun politely declined. “But can you fill my mug with hot water too? I’’ drink tea.” She handed Goeun her mug.

 

“Okay. We’ll be back quick.” Goeun accepted it and she smiled back at Sihyun. “Let’s go Yuri.” She offered me a hand to stand up from my bed and we left the room.

 

We chatted and she gave me some tips on her singing style and I also gave mine as we went to the canteen. When we got there, we filled our cups with hot water as well as Si Hyun’s mug. As we walked our way back to our room, she suddenly stopped walking.

 

I’m confused so I looked at her. “What’s the problem Goeun?”

 

She smiled. “I just remembered something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

She pouted the direction of the room at the most end of the hallway.

 

That’s the room where everything started between Yena and I.

 

“Oh.” I was surprised. “What about it?”

 

She grinned at me. “Do you remember the night where I saw you almost killed Yena with your plastic spoon? You’re so scary but cute at the same time. ”

 

I giggled. “Yeah. I remember it all. There were a lot of memories inside that room.”

 

She smiled. “Hey, do you want to take a look inside that room?”

 

To be honest, I don’t really want to enter that room at the moment because the last time I went there was when I told Yena that both of us should stop seeing each other in private. I felt the pain every time I remember that. But since everything seems falling into its place now, I decided to go inside with Goeun.

 

“Sure.” I smiled back.

 

Goeun opened the door carefully and we went inside. She left the door partially closed because the lights of the room were not working so that the lights of the hallway could also lighten up the room a little.

 

“By the way, I forgot to ask you and Yena about what happened that night when you’re about to kill her.” She laughed. “Is it okay?”

 

I smiled. “Yeah. It’s okay.” I roamed around the room for a bit before speaking up again and she’s just watching me. “Actually, our friends trapped me and Yena here. It’s all Sian’s idea.”

 

“So it’s Sian’s idea after all?” She giggled while observing the surroundings inside this partially dark room.

 

I smiled as I remember that very special and unexpected moment. “Yes.”

 

“Really? I thought Yena really trapped you inside this room before.  You looked so cute when you’re mad. I could still remember your face at that time.”

 

“Tha... Thanks.” I blushed when I heard her compliment. I’m not really used to receive any compliments before about my appearance. I thought I’m just an average looking person so it’s really a pleasure to receive such compliment from an unexpected person.

 

She smiled at me as she stopped near in front of me. “I wanted to tell you something important.”

 

“What is it?” I sense the mood was getting serious.

 

“I know there was a tension between us.” She paused for a while before speaking up again. “I could honestly feel it and I know you feel it too.”

 

I sighed and I spoke softly. “Ye... Yes... You’re right.” I stared at the ground and I realized she noticed the tension too. I knew this was about Yena. I felt like she knew about us and I’m freaking doomed but I need to act cool and chill for a while or just pretend I don’t know anything.

 

Suddenly, she started to walk and I noticed her feet were just in front of me. I immediately lifted my face and I startled when her face was near mine. “But to make things clear... I... I... uhhhh... I think.... right now is the right time to tell you that ... for a... for a long time already... I like you, Yuri.”

 

NANI?

 

HUH?

 

I was so shocked and confused as I quickly took a step back. “Wha...  What are yo... you... talking... you... talking...you... about? Yo... You got... got to be... kidding me. Nice joke by the way.” I laughed out of disbelief.

 

She took a step forward. “No, Yuri. I really like you. I’m not joking.”

 

I quickly took a step backward again as I shook my head. “This must be a joke.”

 

She took a step forward again. “It’s not. I’m serious.”

 

I took a step backward again but my back already hit the wall and I’m getting uncomfortable in this situation. I couldn’t use both my hands because I was holding Si Hyun’s mug and the ramen cup noodles. “Whaaaat...? Why...? Ho... How? I uhhh... I don’t... I uhmm... I----“

 

 

 

At the right moment...

 

 

 

...someone opened the door loudly.

 

 

 

That face that I always wanted to see...

 

 

 

...was slowly approaching me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yena pulled me closer.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Goeun...

 

 

 

 

 

...but Yuri is mine.”

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

“But to make things clear… I… I… uhhhh… I think…. Right now is the right time to tell you that… for a… for a long time already… I like you, Yuri.”

 

I dropped my head and the tears were starting to build up at the corner of my eyes as I slowly walked away from that place.

 

 

 

I felt like I was too late.

 

 

 

And I’m about to give up to these feelings.

 

 

 

Too late.

 

 

 

Just too late.

 

 

 

 

But suddenly someone spoke out of nowhere.

 

 

 

“So, are you just going to walk away and give up now, Yena?”

 

 

 

 

I quickly turned my head where the voice was coming from and when I found out who it was, I didn’t replied.

 

 

 

“You don’t give up on someone you truly love, Yena.”

 

 

 

“Love? Why did you say so?” I stared at her.

 

 

 

She smirked. “Come on. Don’t fool yourself anymore.” She turned around as she took a deep breath. “It’s never too late to make things right.” Then she started to walk away slowly.

 

 

 

I stared at the ground and I wiped the single tear that fell from my face.

 

 

 

 

 

I clenched my fist and my heart was starting to fire up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I want my girl back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No excuses and no bulls.

 

 

 

 

I quickly went to the door where Yuri and Goeun were.

 

 

 

 

I opened the door loudly.

 

 

 

 

I saw Yuri really looked helpless.

 

 

 

 

I slowly approached her.

 

 

 

 

And I pulled her closer.

 

 

*** FLASHBACK ***

 

AT THE COFFEE SHOP...

We’d been talking about random things for a few minutes now. We’re just exchanging stories and talked and laughed at some funny moments during the filming of Produce 48. She looked at the time and its fifteen minutes before four in the afternoon. She paused for a while and continued talking to me.

 

“Uhmm. Yena?”

 

“Yes?” I sipped my coffee while looking at her.

 

“The reason why I called you here... is because..” She stared at the ground and she’s about to blush.

 

“Because?” I placed my coffee and my hand on the table.

 

She placed her hand on the top of my hand. “Because.... I uhhhh... I.... really... I really... I really liiiii...... like... I really like-----“

 

“Yena!” Someone called my name out of nowhere and Goeun was interrupted. We both looked at the location where the voice came from.

 

She’s my close friend and former classmate in Hanlim Multi Art School and she quickly went to us. She’s happy to see me and she’s about her birthday invitation and I gladly accepted it. After that, she waved at us and left.

 

I sat down again. “I apologize. What are you trying to say again?”

 

“It’s okay. Don’t worry! Anyway, what I’m trying to say is, I really li-------“

 

*** MY PHONE RANG ***

 

I checked at my phone and I saw Eunbi was calling me.

 

I answered the call. “Hello Eunbi Unnie. I’m already with Goeun... We might be late a little... Thanks... Bye.”

 

I smiled at Goeun apologetically. “I’m sorry for the sudden interruption. What are you trying to say again?”

 

Goeun laughed. “It’s fine, maybe later.”

 

I nodded and we started to walk our way there since it’s just a fifteen minute walk. We decided to take a shortcut in this narrow and steep street so we wouldn’t be that late in our bowling session with friends.

 

“Uhmm. Goeun? What are you trying to say a while ago?” I scratched the back of my head. “I’m truly sorry for too many interruptions.” I chuckled softly.

 

“It’s fine. Don’t worry. It’s out of your control though.” She grinned while patting my shoulders. “Anyway, what I’m trying to say is...”

 

I just stared at her and I was anticipating what she’s going to say.

 

She sighed deeply. “I really wanted to say... that... I really like Yuri.”

 

She just kept on walking and she didn’t notice that I made a full stop and my mind went completely blank when those words came out from . Maybe I just heard it wrong. “Co... Com... Come ag... again?”

 

She turned around when she realized that I stopped walking. “I said, I like Yu....” Her eyes got bigger and she quickly ran to me. She pulled me hard to the point that both of us fell off to the ground. I was so shocked about what just happened. Then I realized that there was a reckless motorcycle driver who rode his motorbike so fast on this steep and narrow street. The driver didn’t even stopped to apologize and he just drove away like nothing happened. I could possibly die if I ever  would get hit by that motorbike.

 

Goeun quickly stood up and offered me her hands to help me stand up. “Are you okay, Yena?” She was worried.

 

I didn’t get to respond because I was still in constant shock about what happened. I reached for her hands and I held my chest tightly as I was panting hard. Goeun took her bottled water in her bag and gave it to me. “Here. Drink it.” She gently my back.

 

I drank the water and wiped the sweat off my face. I couldn’t believe about what just happened. I hugged Goeun tight and tears were starting to build up on the corner of my eyes. “Tha... Thank yo... you Goeun. I’m rea... really...  grat... grateful. Yo... youu sav... saved me.” I stuttered as I couldn’t express how thankful I am.

 

“Shhh. It’s fine. It’s fine. Don’t worry.” Goeun carefully my back.

 

I broke from the hug and I wiped my own tears when I started to calm down. “This is my third life already. I’m really grateful to you.” I sighed.

 

“Third life?”

 

“Yes. My second life was when I got cancer when I was a little kid. Now, my third life is when you saved me from my possible death. It was so close and I could feel the speed of the motorbike on my skin. If you didn’t pull me, I would probably be flying in the air by now.” I chuckled.

 

She giggled. “You’re a fighter Yena!” She patted my head. “You won’t die early don’t worry, there were still a lot of dreams waiting for you to achieve them. Are you fine now?”

 

“Yes. Thank you so much. If there’s anything that I could do to repay you for what you did to me, just tell me.”

 

“Hmmm.” She scratched her cheeks. “Actually, there is.” She smiled shyly.

 

“What is it? Don’t be shy. It’s fine. Just tell me.” I assured her.

 

“I’m just thinking if... if you could help me with Yuri liking me back?”

 

A series of events shook me that I forgot that she told me that she also likes Yuri. I’m slowly coming back to my senses. “I hope you don’t mind to ask this, but why me?”

 

“It’s because you guys were so close since the day both of you met. It seemed like both of you know each other for a long time already.”

 

I nodded. “Uhmm. Last question, since when did you like her? I’m just curious.” I smiled half heartedly.

 

“Hmmm.” She smiled as she remembered it. “I already saw her in Idol School before and I noticed that she’s really likeable. I didn’t have a crush at her that much before as much as I have a crush at her right now. Since that night that both of you were trapped in that room, I just realized that I really like her when our eyes met.”

 

I gulped. “I see.”

 

She continued. “So that’s why, I just wanted to ask you now if it’s okay with you if you could help me getting Yuri to like me back. Can you do that for me?” She smiled politely.

 

I sighed and I paused for a while before speaking up again.

 

I stared at her while trying to show my half hearted smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll try.”

 

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

 

“I’m sorry Goeun, but Yuri is mine.”

 

Yuri was shocked when she heard that and she kept looking at Goeun and I back and forth. “Wha... Wha... Wha... What... Huh?... What?...”

 

Goeun just smiled when she dropped her head for a while.

 

She slowly lifted her head up by nodding. “I know.”

 

Yuri and I both stared at her at the same time with a confused look in our faces.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked Goeun.

 

“Since that incident happened on our way to the bowling site, you suddenly became distant to Yuri when we got there. I felt there’s something wrong because usually both of you were always together. Then when we ate at the fast food restaurant, I felt a little tension between Yuri and I felt like a little jealousy coming from her. Then days passed during our practice for the group battle evaluation, you always sneaked out during practice session. Sometimes, when I saw you and Yuri were talking to each other, you just suddenly walking away from her. That’s when I started to feel that there must be something going on between the two you.”

 

Goeun sighed quickly. “I don’t know if both of you were having a bad blood against each other that’s why both of you were acting like that so I just assumed it’s just like a just misunderstanding between friends, but days passed I slowly realized it was more than that.”

 

Goeun extended her hand to get Si Hyun’s mug from Yuri’s hand. “I’ll return now to our room, Yuri. The person that you should talk with right now is not me.” Goeun looked at me and she continued. “It’s Yena.”

 

Yuri handed her the mug. “Tha... Thanks. I’m... I’m sorry.”

 

Goeun genuinely smiled at us. “Don’t worry about me. It’s really fine.”

 

She turned around and she walked away. When she reached the door, I called her name again. “Goeun?”

 

She turned around. “Hmmm?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s fine. You should be more honest to yourself, you know.” She grinned at me.

 

“I will from now on.” I smiled back.

 

She nodded and she walked away.

 

 

 

Yuri quickly smacked my arm. “YAAAAH! WHY YOU DIDN’T TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?!”

 

“OUCH!” I touched the part of my arm where she hit me hard. “I got scared and confused, okay? I didn’t know what to do.”

 

She placed down carefully the instant cup ramen on the floor that she’s holding so she could hit me more. “WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF?!”

 

“AWW... OUCH!” I raised my hands to protect myself and I’m trying my best to dodge all Yuri’s raged attack on me. “I’m afraid you... OUCH!... I’m afraid you won’t like me back!”

 

She hit me with her last blow that shook all senses of my body. “AND WHO TOLD YOU THAT I DON’T LIKE YOU?! I FREAKING LIKE YOU SO MUCH YOU DUCK !!!!” She stopped from hitting me and she’s trying to catch her breath.

 

My heart truly skipped a beat this time.

 

I put down my hands and I stared at her. “You did?”

 

She looked pissed again and she’s about to hit me again but I managed to escape this time and run inside this room and she tried to chase me. “AND NOW YOU’RE PRETENDING TO BE DEAF AGAIN?! COME HERE YOU LITTLE DUCK! I WILL ROAST YOU FOR CHRISTMAS!!!”

 

I teasingly laughed at her while running. “Yaaaah! I’m just making sure! Don’t be mad!”

 

She stopped from chasing me because she’s really running out of breath. “Now I understand what Yi Ren meant when we watched Love, Simon at their house. She told me that she hoped by now that I would understand that you had a great big heart. I really didn’t have any idea what she meant until this moment came.”

 

I also stopped running but there’s still a little distance between us because I’m afraid she might hit me again. “What is it?”

 

“She asked me that question if what will I choose if I were Simon and I chose to lose myself just to save my friends. And when I asked her what you chose before when both of you watched that movie. She never told me your answer. She told me that I should ask you about it.”

 

“Hmmm. I see.” I nodded. “What do you think is my answer?”

 

“I think you choose the same thing as mine.”

 

“Why do you say so?”

 

“It’s because you chose to help Goeun and by that decision, you suffered so much to the point you almost let me go.”

 

 

 

 

 

I smirked at her.

 

 

 

 

 

She narrowed her eyes at me. “Yaaaah. What’s wrong? I know my answer is right.”

 

 

 

 

 

I chuckled softly. “You’re wrong.”

 

 

 

 

 

She stared at me in disbelief. “What do you mean I’m wrong?” She crossed her arms. “What’s your answer then?”

 

 

 

 

 

I slowly walked up to her and she’s just looking at me.

 

 

 

 

I remember this feeling...

 

 

 

 

...and it’s good to feel it again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cupped her face...

 

 

 

 

 

 

...and I kissed her forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I met her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

Until Now...

 

 

 

 

 

...I’m certain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I choose you.”

 

 

 

 

We both blushed and she bit her lip...

 

 

 

 

...and she hit my arms again.

 

“I still hate you though!” She teasingly said.

 

I shook my head in disbelief and I laughed it off. “Yaaaah Yuri! Stop being a tsundere!”

[[a/n: Tsundere is a Japanese term for a character development process that describes a person who is initially cold (and sometimes even hostile) before gradually showing a warmer, friendlier side over time.]]

 

“I’m not!”

 

I smiled at her. “Come on. Let’s go back to the dorm.” I reached for her hand and we intertwined our fingers. “Nothing can separate us now, Yuri.”

 

She smiled sweetly at me but she quickly removed her hands off mine. “Wait! Wait!” She quickly turned around and she picked up the instant cup ramen from the floor. “Except for food.” She winked at me as she reached for my hand and we intertwined our fingers again. I laughed in disbelief.

 

This cute and adorable girl...

 

...is only mine from now on.

 

 

 

POSITION BATTLE EVALUATION DAY

Finally, this is the day we’ve been waiting for. I’m so prepared and confident for today’s performance because my heart was really happy and I’m inspired to do my best. We were all inside the backstage waiting room before the performance. Since our representative Lee Seung Gi was not here, Bo Ra will be the special guest representative. The staffs called all the teams in Vocal/Rap category because they will be the one who will perform first.

 

When Yuri stood up from her chair, I turned around and gestured a finger heart at her and she also gestured a finger heart back. I’m smiling like an idiot and I noticed that Eunbi, Chaeyeon and Yu Jin were shaking their heads at me. I looked at them in disbelief. “WHAT?” And they just scoffed.

 

After a few minutes, Yuri’s team went on stage and my heart was beating like crazy to see her on screen. They introduced themselves and they started their performance.

 

 

I was like a proud girlfriend (not officially yet) who’s cheering my lungs out for her when she reached her high notes and adlibs. I cheered so much every time I saw her on screen. I felt Eunbi really wanted to choke me from cheering so much because her ears were starting to get hurt because of my constant scream.

 

After all the performance of all teams in Vocal/Rap category, the staff called all the teams in Dance category because we’re the next batch who will perform. All teams in Vocal/Rap category were now on the backstage waiting room.

 

When it’s our turn to perform, Representative Bo Ra called us to the stage and interview us for a bit.

 

[[a/n: This is definitely one of my favourite Yuri’s reaction to Yena. LMAO. If you listen closely, you can clearly hear that Yena was talking at the background during her onstage interview which MNET edited out the interview part. Yuri looked so fluffy and cute watching her BhAbY GhUrL talking on the screen. I stan a confident and proud gay right there.]]

 

After that, we started to perform our dance.

 

 

I felt relieved when the performance was over. Now, I‘m really looking forward for the result and for our short break before the next elimination round. After the performances of the other teams, the results were finally out. I’m happy that Yuri got rank 1 on her team and she really deserved it. Han Cho Won got number 1 overall in the Vocal/Rap category and Murase Sae got number 1 overall in the dance category.

 

After that, we all went back to the dorms to pick up our luggage and to go home for a short break. When I finished packing, someone knocked on the door. Since all of my roommates were still packing, I volunteered to open the door. When I opened it, I saw Yuri smiling at me. “Hey, are you done packing? Can I talk to you in private?”

 

“Sure.” I saw my roommates were looking at me teasingly so I quickly went out and closed the door behind me.

 

As always, we went to our usual spot in this building. As soon as I partially closed the door, she hugged me tight and she rested her head on my shoulders. I could really feel that she’s tired already from practicing and performing.

 

“Don’t move.” She told me. “You’re my energy. I’m recharging.”

 

“Okay, Miss Energetic.” I laughed at my corny joke and I let her stayed there for a while. I gently caressed her back.

 

After a minute, she broke the hug. “Okay! I’m done.” She smiled brightly.

 

“That fast?” I smirked at her.

 

“Of course.” She winked. “Anyway, I’m just thinking that...”

 

 

 

 

“That?”

 

 

 

 

“...we should go out.”

 

 

 

“Oh. Okay.” I opened the door and I went outside. “There. I’m outside. Come out now.”

 

She just stared at me and shook her head in disbelief. “I didn’t mean like that, .” She facepalmed so hard.

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

She went outside too and she started to walk away while smirking. “Figure it out for yourself.”

 

“Yaaaah! Yuri!” I called her but she ignored me.

 

 

 

 

“we should go out...?” I whispered at myself as I was processing what she had said.

 

 

 

 

“Go out...?”

 

 

 

 

 

Hmmmm.

 

 

 

 

 

After few seconds of buffering, I realized what she meant.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“we should go out... on a date?”

 

 

 

 

ARE WE GOING TO DO OUR FIRST DATE?!

 

 

[[a/n: This is a long chapter so I would like to congratulate you if you managed to read it all in one seating. LMAO. Finally, the suffering and misery ends here (or not? HAHAHAHA). ]]

[[a/n: I’m sorry if this update is so late. Every time my head hurts these past few days, I stopped from writing this story and I tried to relax to avoid further injury. LOL. But now I managed to finish this finally so I hope you will all still like it <3]]

[[a/n: I will put all the reference videos to the previous chapters when I got time. Sorry for the delays.]]

Let’s connect! Follow me on twitter and instagram: @yenaxyuri

 

For those who are asking about the update for “HEORST” (upcoming IZ*ONE FF):

--- Kim Chaewon and Kim Minju’s teaser profile (role in the fanfic) will be released when I post the next chapter of this FF.

 

 

REFERENCE:

Love, Simon Movie Trailer