CHAPTER 13 (PART 1): Right Now and Right Time

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

[[YENA’S POV]]

 

“How is she?”

 

“I think she’s getting better already.”

 

My eyes were still closed but my mind was slowly regaining consciousness. I heard two people talking inside my room.

 

“Did she ate her food and took her medicines?”

 

“Yes. She ate well.”

 

“Did you take her temperature?”

 

“Yes. Her temperature actually went down. I think she’s getting well in no time.”

 

“Thank you so much. You’re really a good help. We owe you a lot.”

 

My eyes opened and I saw my brother sitting on the edge of my bed and Yuri who’s standing near him inside my room.

 

“You woke up just in time.” My brother poked my cheek. “Yuri is about to leave and she doesn’t want to wake you up because she wanted you to rest more.”

 

I looked at Yuri and she smiled while nodding at me.

 

“I think I need to leave now. I don’t want to miss the train. Thank you so much for letting me stay here for a while.” Yuri bowed to us.

 

 “No worries! You’re free to come here anytime.” My brother chuckled. “Anyway, let’s go. I will drive you to the train station.” He stood up and he was about to turn around but I grabbed his wrist.

 

“Can I come?”

 

“Are you sure? You might get dizzy if you keep moving or doing something.”

 

“Yes. I feel a little better now. I just wanted to come. Pleeeeaaase.”

 

“Are you really sure?”

 

“Yes. I’m really sure.” I frowned and pouted in front of him.

 

“Fine” He gave up. “Just change your clothes. We don’t want to be mistaken that we’re going to sauna because you look like a monk in your silky pajamas.” He laughed.

 

Yuri covered while holding her laughter.

 

“Yaaaaaahhhh! There’s nothing wrong with my pajamas!” I quickly stood up on my bed. “Yaaaahh! Oppa! Yaaaah!” I kept calling him but he just waved good bye and kept on laughing while exiting the door of my room.

 

I almost fell down on the floor because I got dizzy by moving so quickly but luckily Yuri was able to hold me.

 

“Yaaah. You shouldn’t move around that much. Come down and change your clothes.”  Yuri offered me her hand to come down on my bed and I obliged.

 

She pulled the chair closer to me so I could sit on it. “Sit here for a while. I will get your clothes in your drawer. What do you want to wear?”

 

“Nooo! No! Don’t go to my closet. I’ll just wear that t shirt.”  I sat down on my chair and pointed at the old, oversized and almost ripped t shirt hanging on the back of my door.

 

Yuri went to the door to check it. “Are you sure you’re going to wear this? You really have a horrible fashion sense.” She giggled while holding the t shirt.

 

“Yaaaah. Why are you all like that to me? It’s just a t shirt” I frowned and crossed my arms.

 

Yuri narrowed her eyes while observing the t shirt. “Don’t wear this. I’ll just pick you other shirt in your closet.” She returned back the t shirt at the back of my door and went to my 2-Drawer closet. She didn’t know what drawer she’ll open so she just opened the bottom drawer.

 

“Yaaaaahh! Noooo! Don’t open that one!” I stopped her but she already opened the bottom drawer partially.

 

She stopped for a while and she saw something inside the drawer. “What’s this?” She picked it up and showed it to me. “Why do you have an Idol School light stick?”

 

“Yaaahhhh! Asdjkl… I uhhh… hdjskkk.. Yaaaah!” I quickly went to her and grabbed the light stick off her hand and I quickly ran and placed it on my desk at the other side of my room.

 

“And what’s this? A mini scrapbook?” Yuri picked it up and wiped up the dust on the cover to reveal the small engraved text on the bottom part of the cover of the mini scrapbook. She read it out loud. “This scrapbook is dedicated for Jo Y-----“

 

“YAAAAAHHHHH!” I immediately grabbed the mini scrapbook off her hands before she’ll read the whole text and I quickly ran and placed it again on my desk at the other side of my room. I just don’t want to throw it anywhere inside my room because these are important things to me so I handled these things with care even I got so dizzy by running around so much just to put it carefully on my desk.

 

Yuri stood up and tilted her head on the side and stared at me. “Are you a fan of Idol School?”

 

I turned around to look at her and also to hide the mini scrapbook on the desk behind my back “I uhhhh… I uhmmmm… I uhhhhh… I…. yeeessss… yes” I stared at the floor because I got so embarrassed and I felt like my secret was starting to come out and I’m not yet ready.

 

“Ohhh. I see.” She started to sound suspicious. “Then for who do you dedicated that mini scrapbook?” She pointed the mini scrapbook behind me.

 

“It’s uhmmm… It’s uhhh… It’s actually not mine.” I’m trying my best to lie but I’m really bad at lying and she’s not convinced.

 

“Okay. Then who owns that mini scrapbook?”

 

“I uhhh… uhmmm.. it’s uhhh... it’s actually uhmm.. from my friend.”

 

“Your friend? Then why do you have it?

 

“I uhmmm… It’s uhhh… It’s you know.. Uhmmm.. for scientific research purposes?” I’m starting to panic.

 

“HUH? Scientific research purposes?” She’s not really convinced. “Let me take a look.” She slowly went to me.

 

“NOOOO! NOOOO! It’s uhmm… it’s actually for Jo Youngju. You know her right? She’s your fellow contestant in Idol School before. My friend is a fan of her. That’s uhhh.. That’s why!” I quickly hid the mini scrapbook inside my pajama tops and protected it by my hands.

 

“Youngju? She’s my friend. Let me see.” Yuri was just in front of me and she’s trying to get the mini scrapbook in my tops.

 

“NOOOOO! Nooooo! You can’t! You can’t!” I tried to run away inside my room.

 

“Yaaaaah. Let me see! Also, don’t move too much! You might get sick again.” She’s chasing me.

 

She kept chasing me and I kept running around for a few seconds. I got tired easily and I lost balance so I fell on my bed and my hands were no longer protecting the mini scrapbook inside my pajama tops.

 

She immediately jumped on me and stole the mini scrapbook inside my pajama tops. When she got it and she was about to escape, I quickly rolled her over the bed and I was on top of her.

 

I quickly sat on her lower body and I pressed my hands on her wrist so she wouldn’t escape.

 

“Yaaaaahhhh! Give me that!” I’m trying to grab back the mini scrapbook off her right hand but I couldn’t because every time I’m trying to use my other hand to get it, her left hand would be available and she would escape. Her grip was really strong and I don’t want to pull it off her hands forcefully because the mini scrapbook might rip.

 

“No! Why don’t you let me see it if it’s just for Youngju?” She tried to push me but she couldn’t.

 

“It’s uhhh… confidential.”

 

“Confidential?”

 

“Yes! So give it back.” I’m trying to get it back but it was really hard.

 

“No! I won’t!”

 

“Fine! Then I’ll find another way to get it back.” I quickly leaned onto her hand and used my mouth to get the mini scrapbook.

 

When I almost successfully get the mini scrapbook back, I felt a quick dizzy attack and I dropped the mini scrapbook off my mouth and it fell off between her neck and her chest.

 

I quickly removed my hands off her wrist to get the mini scrapbook but she also quickly used her hands to protect the mini scrapbook to prevent me from getting it.

 

“Yaaaaaahhhh! Get off your hands onto my chest! You ert!” She shouted intentionally.

 

“Yaaaahhhh! What are you doing?! Don’t shout!” I whispered loudly while still trying to get back the mini scrapbook but her grip was really strong.

 

“AAAAHHHHHH! ERT!” Yuri smirked at me.

 

“WHAT THE HECK! Don’t shout!” I whispered loudly and I’m trying to remove my hands off her but she pressed and held my hands tightly near her chest.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” She kept on shouting while smirking at me.

 

“WHAT THE….. What are you doing?! YOU’RE CRAZY!” I’m starting to panic but she’s holding her laughter.

 

Suddenly, the door opened.

 

“Yena! What the hell is goin---?”

 

Yuri immediately acted like I’m doing something wrong on her well in fact I actually didn’t do anything while I was literally dying already. I had no idea how I would explain this.

 

“Oh.” His worried face quickly turned into So-Is-This-How-Unnecessary-Skinship-Rule-Means?-I-Was-Not-Informed-Maybe-I’m-Watching-The-Wrong-Channel face.

 

.

 

My brother immediately stared at the ceiling and pretended he didn’t see anything.

 

He gulped for a few times and shook his head simultaneously.

 

He couldn’t believe what he had just witness.

 

He probably couldn’t imagine that his precious little bright and yellow duck sister turned into a hot pink cheetah mama who’s about to devour her cute and not so innocent little hamster prey.

 

He wiped his little sweat on his forehead using the back of his hand. “I’m… uhhh… I uhhh… I’m sorry. Just lock the door next time. Please do it safely.” He immediately closed the door and left.

 

“YAAAAAAAHHHH OPPPAAAA! It’s not what you think it is! OPPA! I’m innocent!” I removed myself on top of Yuri and I sat on my bed. I’m literally chanting all the prayers I know. I felt like my ancestors in heaven were already preparing a welcome party for me.

 

Yuri was rolling over my bed and laughing her off.

 

“YAAAAHHHH! Why did you do that?!” I hit her arm lightly.

 

Yuri couldn’t respond because she couldn’t stop laughing and tears started to flow from her eyes.

 

“Yaaaaaaaah! Now I don’t know how I’m going to explain this to my brother. Yaaaahh!” I hit her arm again lightly to call her attention.

 

But her laugh was slowly getting quieter and she covered her eyes with the back of her hand.

 

“Yaaaaah! Are you listening?” I’m getting little worried and I tried to shake her arm a little.

 

But she didn’t respond and she now she kept a straight face.

 

“Yuri?” I leaned closer and I noticed that tears never stopped falling from her eyes.

 

“Yuri? Are you crying?” I tried to remove her hand off her face.

 

But she pulled me instead and rolled me over. She’s on top of me and she buried her face on my neck. I could felt the tears flowing from my neck down to my nape.

 

“Yuuu… Yuuuuuri. Whaaaa… Why are yo… you  crying? Did I do somethi… something wrong? I uhhh… I know you’re just.. uhh… you’re just joking around. I’m so… sorry.” I caressed her back carefully.

 

“I don’t want to be happy too much because I know I would get hurt right away but I couldn’t help it.” She’s sobbing. “Words can’t express how happy I am when I’m with you. I am myself when I’m with you.” She wiped her tears. “I wish nothing would still change between us. I wish this will never end.”

 

 

I was about to ask her about what she was talking about.

 

 

But I think I already know the answer.

 

 

So she really did see the text message.

 

 

There’s no point in denying it.

 

 

I hugged her tightly.

 

 

 

 

I’m sorry Yuri.

 

 

I hope you would understand.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

[[YURI’S POV]]

It’s almost two weeks since I stayed here in Busan and tomorrow is the day that I need to return back to Seoul for another sleepless nights of filming Produce 48. It’s early in the morning and I was staring at my bedroom window to wait for the sun to fully come out while gently the head of my sleeping dog on my bed.

 

I heard a soft knock on my door.

 

“Come in.” I answered.

 

“You’re up so early. Is this part of your starting of something new?” My mom handed me a cup of hot chocolate milk and placed her phone down on my bed.

 

I accepted it and smiled at her. “Thanks mom. And yes, this is part of my moving on.”

 

“Moving on? From who or from what? I thought you just wanted to change yourself for the better.” She sat on the bed beside me.

 

“I uhhhh… I mean. I mean moving on from the old Yuri that was I meant.” I sipped my chocolate milk.

 

“Oh. I see. I’m glad you’re getting better already. The first day you came here you look like someone broke your heart or something.”

 

I almost choked from drinking my hot chocolate milk and it spilled some of it on the floor.

 

“Oh my. Don’t move. I’ll just get a towel.” My mother quickly left my room and went to the kitchen.

 

I didn’t realize that I was really obvious back then that I looked like someone broken up with me and I looked helpless and horrible.

 

Well I guess, there’s no point in denying it too.

 

Just to be clear, Yena and I weren’t officially dating but still my heart got broken because I decided to accept the fact that we are only just…

 

 

 

 

FRIENDS.

 

 

Yup.

 

 

As in F-R-I-E-N-D-S.

 

 

I thought the feeling was mutual…

 

 

…but I was wrong.

 

She didn’t say anything about it since I unintentionally read the message preview saying “I wish you didn’t tell Yuri about the secret between us, I wanted to keep it low key.”

 

Her silence on our way from her house to the train station was enough to confirm it that they’re dating each other now.

 

And I accepted and respected their relationship because both of them were my friends.

 

I felt like I’m the only one who wanted to keep our relationship much deeper.

 

I wanted to fight for this relationship but it seemed like I’m the only who’s fighting for it.

 

Sometimes it’s much easier to let go rather than holding onto something you didn’t know if it’s worth it anymore.

 

That’s why I decided to start again and move on from her.

 

We even didn’t talk to each other not a single chat, text or call on the phone these past few days since I came here in Busan. I think it’s a good thing because it helped me to move on and to accept that we’re just really good friends. I already accepted the fact that she’s just playful and a flirt to everybody. I put the blame on myself for assuming things that I shouldn’t assume in the first place.

 

When my mom was still at the kitchen to get a towel, her phone on my bed rang.

 

“Honey, can you check who’s calling me on my phone for me?” My mom shouted from the kitchen.

 

“Okay.” I quickly and carefully placed the cup of hot chocolate milk on my side table and I picked up my mom’s phone to check.

 

My eyes got wider when I found out who’s calling my mother’s phone.

 

 

 

HUH?

 

 

 

 

Choi Yena?

 

 

 

 

 

I’m having a second thought whether I should answer the phone.

 

But I just followed my guts and I answered the phone without saying anything to confirm if it’s really Yena.

 

“Good morning Mrs. Jo.”

 

“Mrs. Jo?”

 

“Uhm. Hello Mrs. Jo?”

 

I quickly ended the call and paused for a while.

 

I took a deep breath.

 

So it’s really Yena.

 

Why the hell is she calling my mom’s phone?

 

WAIT.

 

Did they know each other?

 

I quickly ran to the kitchen while holding my mom’s phone.

 

“Mom!” I called her and she startled. “Since when did you have Yena’s contact number?” I showed her Yena’s contact number in her phone.

 

“Oh.” She placed down the towel and she took her phone while looking at the screen…

 

…and then my mom called her back.

 

“Huh? Wait! Mom! What are you doing?!”

 

“Shhhh.”

 

A few seconds later, Yena answered.

 

“Hello Yena, my dear?”

 

HUH?

 

MY DEAR?

 

WHAT.THE.HELL.IS.GOING.ON.

 

I stared at my mom in disbelief but she just kept on ignoring me and just continued talking to Yena.

 

“Oh hello dear….. Oh. Really? I’m sorry I wasn’t able to answer your call….. You’re such a sweetheart---"

 

WHAT? I’M REALLY CLUELESS RIGHT NOW.

 

“You’re so thoughtful. Thank you….. Okay. Let’s see. Bye.” She hung up the phone.

 

“MOM! CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON?”

 

“Why are you acting like that? What’s wrong honey?”

 

I shook my head in disbelief. “I…. I…. asdllkkdf….. fksk…. You..jfksd”

 

“Huh? What are you saying honey?”

 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

 

My mom left me hanging while I murmured some unrecognizable words and she went to the door.

 

She opened it with a big bright smile on her face.

 

“Finally you’re here. Welcome Yena. Come in.”

 

My jaw dropped when I saw her standing at our door.

 

IS SHE REALLY HERE?

 

WHAT THE .

 

Now I’m back again at the start.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

[[YENA’S POV]]

I was inside the train to go to Busan. I’m really nervous because this was my first time to go to a far place alone. I was staring at the window and I kept thinking if this was the right decision I had made. I felt horrible for not talking to Yuri for a few days. I caused so much pain for her. I was really confused and I didn’t know what I should do so I just decided to keep my mouth shut and left the things just the way it was. I know I could do something, but I didn’t do it. I’m such a fool.

 

But I’m already here now and there’s no turning back.

 

I fell asleep and I just woke up when the train stopped and I heard the operator that we reached our destination. I went off the train and went outside the train station.

 

I dialed Yuri’s mom and she answered.

 

“Oh! Hello dear. Good morning.”

 

“Good morning Mrs. Jo. I’m sorry for calling you early this morning. I just wanted you to know that I already arrived here in Busan. I’ll be there in half an hour.”

 

“Okay.” She whispered. “Actually, Yuri was still sleeping. I’ll wait for you. Take care dear.”

 

“I will Mrs. Jo. Thank you.”

 

I hung up the phone and rode a bus on my way there. When I arrived in their neighborhood, I needed to walk for a few minutes before I reached their house. As I walked my way there, I passed by a store that’s selling fruits on the streets. I decided to buy something for the Jo Family as a sign of my appreciation for inviting me to their house.

 

I’m not really sure on what fruits do they like so I decided to dial Yuri’s mother again to ask her about it.

 

I’m waiting for Mrs. Jo to pick up the phone and I was wondering why she was taking a little longer to answer.

 

Finally, she answered.

 

“Good morning Mrs. Jo.” I greeted.

 

“Mrs. Jo?”

 

“Uhm. Hello Mrs. Jo?”

 

Huh? What just happened?

 

I stared at the screen of my phone for a while.

 

Maybe she just accidentally answered the phone. I’ll try to call again later.

 

I decided to buy bananas for them and I continued my walk there.

 

When I’m at the front of their door, I checked the address and I dialed Mrs. Jo again.

 

Hopefully, she would answer this time.

 

“Hello Yena, my dear?” She picked up the phone.

 

“Hello Mrs. Jo. I tried to call you a while ago.”

 

“Oh. Really? I’m sorry I wasn’t able to answer your call.”

 

“It’s okay Mrs. Jo. No worries. Anyway, I bought something for the both of you. I don’t know what you like so I decided to buy this randomly.” I giggled.

 

“You’re such a sweetheart. You’re so thoughtful. Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome Mrs. Jo. I’m actually at the front of your doorstep. I’m just making sure I went to the right address.”

 

“Okay. Let’s see. Bye.”

 

“Bye Mrs. Jo.”

 

She hung up the phone again and I took a deep breath.

 

I rang the doorbell.

 

And the door opened.

 

A big bright smile welcomed me.

 

“Finally you’re here. Welcome Yena. Come in.”

 

*** FLASHBACK ***

We already arrived at our destination and my brother parked the car near the train station. I’m sitting beside my brother and Yuri was sitting at the backseat.This was definitely the long awkward silence in the car trip I’d ever experienced. First of all, my brother taught he saw me doing some R-18 action with Yuri a while ago and I had no idea how I’m able to explain this to him that I’m not really doing anything weird. It’s Yuri’s weird raging hormones fault. Second, I never said anything to Yuri when she was crying. I just hugged her and left it as it was. The silence was finally broken when Yuri started to speak up.

 

“Thank you so much for dropping me off here. I appreciate it a lot.” Yuri smiled at us.

 

“Uhmm.. Yo.. You’re welcome. Have a safe trip Yuri.” My brother awkwardly smiled back.

 

*** AWKWARD SILENCE ***

 

“Uhmm… Let me walk you inside Yuri.” I asked her and she just nodded.

 

We walked inside and she bought her ticket. When she’s about to enter the platform, I hugged her tightly.

 

“Take care Yuri.”

 

She quickly broke the hug and gave me a sad smile. “You too, Yena.”

 

I gave her a sad smile too.

 

And she slowly turned around

 

And she walked away.

 

I’m really sorry Yuri.

 

I stood there for a while as I watched her entered the train.

 

I’m hoping that she would look at me one more time.

 

But she didn’t.

 

Please forgive me.

 

I didn’t mean to hurt you, Yuri.

 

I sighed deeply as I slowly turned around and walked my way back to the car. As soon as my brother saw me approaching, he started the engine. When I got inside, he stared at me awkwardly.

 

“Yaaaah. Oppa. Why are you looking at me like that?” I lightly pushed the side of his arm.

 

“Nooot… Nothing.” He shook his head a little. “I… uhhh… I just wanted… to say something.”

 

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Sure. Go ahead.”

 

“You know… uhmm… most teenagers nowadays are… very… erhh… aggressive and have those urges… when it comes to… uhmm… you know what I mean.” He quickly turned his sight in front of him. “I know… uhmmm… you’re slowly becoming an adult now… and uhmm… those stuffs are------“

 

“Yaaaaaah! Oppa! What the hell are you talking about?”I interrupted him.

 

“I really understand that you and Yuri decided to go in that next level kind-----“

 

“WHAT? I don’t have no idea what the heck are you talking about oppa. What do you mean?”

 

“What I meant is if both of you are going to do “it” again. Do it quietly and secretly next time. Don’t worry, I won’t tell mom and dad this time.”

 

“HUH?! WE NEVER DID IT. OKAY? She’s just playing around.” I facepalmed.

 

“Oh.” He was surprised. “I thought the reason why both of you are never talking to each other is because I interrupted you guys. I really didn’t mean to----”

 

“YAAAAH! Oppa! It’s not about that, okay? It’s just a misunderstanding.” I buried my face with both of my hands.

 

“Oh.” He was surprised again. “What misunderstanding?”

 

“She should never know about that. Now, I don’t know what to do anymore.” I sighed deeply.

 

“Know what?” He narrowed his eyes at me.

 

“I’m sorry oppa. I can’t tell you about this.”

 

He gave me a soft smile and patted my head. “It’s okay. Whatever it is, I’m sure she’ll understand. Always remember that I’m always here for you.”

 

He was about to move the car, when I stopped him by holding his arm.

 

“Wha… What’s the problem?” He was worried.

 

“Before we go home, I wanted to go somewhere else.”

 

“Uhh. Okay. Where?”

 

“At Yuri’s dorm.”

 

He looked at me suspiciously but he shrugged it off. “Hmm. Okay.”

 

After few minutes of driving, we reached our destination.

 

I picked up my phone from my pocket and I called Sian using my phone.

 

In just a few seconds, she answered.

 

“Yow Sian, I’m with Eunbi unnie right now. We’re outside of your dorm.” Then I ended the call.

 

In just literally five seconds since I ended the call, she’s outside their dorm with her eyes opened wide. She’s panting while looking around for us.

 

I got out of the car and jogged my way to her. “Yow Sian!”

 

“Yow! Where’s Eunbi unnie?! Where’s she?” Sian was chasing her breath.

 

“Actually she’s not here. I just use her so you would go outside immediately.” I chuckled.

 

“Yaaaah!” She shook her head in disbelief and put her hands on her waist. “If you’re not really just Yuri’s baby girl, I would definitely kick your .”

 

“I’m sorry.” I smiled sadly and I scratched the back of my neck.

 

I’m really sorry Sian.

 

I hurt your friend.

 

“Anyway, why are you here? I’m pretty sure you know Yuri already left.”

 

“Yeah. Actually we dropped her off at the train station with my brother. I’m here because I just wanted to ask if you have her mother’s contact number.”

 

“Oh.” She crossed her arms and smirked at me. “So are you going to introduce yourself to her mother?”  She twitched her eyebrows at me.

 

“I uhmm.. Kind a.” I bit my lip.

 

“Okay.” She grinned. “Let me get my phone.”

 

She went back inside and after a minute she returned with her phone. She gave me Yuri’s contact number and I thanked her. She went back inside and I quickly went inside the car.

 

“What are you doing?” My brother asked me.

 

“I’m doing this because I still care.” I stared at him seriously.

 

He just nodded as a sign that he understood what I meant.

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

 

 

 

[[YURI’S POV]]

“Thank you for inviting me Mrs. Jo” Yena took a step inside our house. I was really shocked to see her at our doorstep.

 

My mother closed the door and stared at her amusingly from head to toe while holding her arms. “Oh my, you’re much prettier in personal. I used to watch all your videos in Cooking Class.”

 

“Really?” Yena was flustered.  “I’m honored. Thank you so much Mrs. Jo. I’m happy to hear that.” Yena bowed at my mother and she gave my mom a bright smile.

 

I was so confused about what’s happening and I couldn’t help myself. So I decided to go to them and I whispered something at my mother. “Mom, can I talk to you now?”

 

She nodded then she faced Yena “Excuse us for a while, have a seat. Feel at home.”

 

“Yes Mrs. Jo. Thank you so much.” Yena sat down and placed her backpack beside her.

 

We went inside my room and I carefully closed the door. My mom sat on my bed and I just remained standing.

 

“Mom, can you please kindly explain to me everything what the hell is going on?” I crossed my arms.

 

“What do you want to know first?” She petted my sleeping dog on my bed.

 

“Why is she here?”

 

“It’s because I invited her. She’s really hesitant at coming here first, but I insist.”

 

“Huh? Wait. Why did you invite her here in the first place?”

 

“It’s because since you came here, you’re not your usual self. I don’t want you to spend your last day here in Busan being lonely and alone. You should be happy and relaxed because in the next few days you will be worn out again for the continuation of the filming of the show. That’s why I think if I invited her here, she could help you relax and enjoy. It seems like both of you are really close. So why not?”

 

Oh no mom. If only you knew that the person you invited here was the root cause of my heartache.

 

“But… but… you… you should… you should not---” I slightly shook my head in disbelief.

 

“Honey, sit down with me.” She patted the space of the bed beside her and gave me a soft smile and I sat down beside her while I dropped my head. Thoughts were consuming me and there were a lot of questions inside my mind that needed to be answered.

 

She sighed before speaking up again.

 

“Listen first to me before you speak, okay?” She lifted up my chin and I nodded.

 

“I think Yena genuinely cares for you a lot. You’re very lucky to have someone like her in your life.” She the head of my sleeping puppy.

 

I tilted my head to the side as I listened to my mom.

 

“She got my number from one of your friends in your agency. The first time she contacted me was through a call when you’re already sleeping at that time on the night you first arrived here. She introduced herself and she told me that you’re quite having a hard time but she didn’t tell me the reason why. The reason why she called was because she wanted to know if you’re doing fine and if you arrived safely.”

 

She paused for a while before speaking up again.

 

“From then on, she used to call and text every single day just to ask updates about you.” She looked at me and smiled at me.

 

“To be honest, I’m not really bothered every time she calls or texts. I’m actually quite happy and relieved to know that there is someone who’ s been watching over you and taking good care of you while you were in Seoul.” My mom my cheek.

 

I smiled at her and I held back my tears.

 

“You know what, I just noticed that she actually looked like a duck. Her lips were extending every time she talks.” My mom covered and giggled.

 

I quietly laughed. “Yes mom, you’re right.”

 

She hugged me and she stood up. “Come on, Yena must be waiting outside. Let’s eat breakfast together.”

 

“Thanks mom. Go ahead. I’ll be outside in a moment.”

 

She nodded and left the room with Gamja, my dog.

 

 

 I sighed deeply.

 

 

Why is Yena doing this to me?

 

 

She even has a girlfriend and yet she’s here.

 

 

Does her girlfriend even know that she’s here?

 

 

I don’t want to destroy a relationship.

 

 

 

 

OH. .

 

 

 

 

Why am I even acting like a mistress or a third party already?

 

 

 

I honestly can’t believe with myself.

 

 

 

I kept on assuming things even when it comes to being a third party I still assumed it.

 

 

 

Maybe I’m just really a close donsaeng after all.

 

 

But still! What that dumb ducky is doing is still wrong! She even used my mom to her antics. She shouldn’t play with other people’s feelings. She shouldn’t be like Yujin.

 

 

Like seriously, what’s up with that duo?

 

 

I must confront her right away.

 

 

I quickly stood up and went straight to the door but when I opened it…

 

 

She’s already at the front of my door.

 

 

“Hi Yuri, can we talk? I was just about to knock.”

 

 

“Oh sure. I was about to say something to you too.” I opened the door widely and I let her come in then I closed the door carefully.

 

 

“What are we going to talk about, UNNIE?” I turned around and I asked her politely.

 

 

She narrowed her eyes at me with a disbelief look in her face. Since we met, I just called her by her name but now I wanted to become more polite at her since I’m just really a close donsaeng.

 

 

“What’s the problem, UNNIE?” I tiled my head at the side.

 

 

She scratched the back of her neck. “Yaaah. Yuri. You really don’t need to call me Unnie. You can call me by my name.”

 

 

“I don’t really want to, UNNIE.”

 

 

She shook her head in disapproval and sighed. “Okay, fine. I’m here because I wanted to tell you something important. Just listen to me first.”

 

 

The atmosphere started to get serious.

 

 

“Okay, go ahead.” I just listened.

 

 

 

She paused for a while and she took a deep breath.

 

 

 

 

“Lately these past few days, I know I’m acting weirdly.” She sighed. “I didn’t talk to you for few days and we had an unresolved issue before you left Seoul.”

 

 

 

 

She gulped and she stared at the ground. “I don’t know if you saw that text message but I----“

 

 

 

 

“I did saw that text message.” I barged in.

 

 

 

 

She nodded while still staring at the ground “I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

 

I didn’t respond and I stared at the ceiling because I felt like my tears would fall.

 

 

 

 

She gasped. “I hope you would understand.”

 

 

 

 

I shook my head in disbelief. “How would I ever understand if you won’t tell me anything?”

 

 

 

 

“I’m really sorry.” Her voice cracked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn’t respond.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She looked at me and I saw tears started falling from her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She tried to speak despite the crack on her voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please hold on a little longer…

 

 

 

 

...I need you, Yuri.”

 

 

 

 

 

This was my first time to see her cry like that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t know how broken she’s feeling at this moment.

 

 

 

 

 

I didn’t have any idea what’s going on.

 

 

 

 

I hugged her tight.

 

 

 

 

 

 All the emptiness and brokenness she gave me were slowly fading away.

 

 

 

 

 

Seeing her hurt like that was more painful than what she did to me and I couldn’t endure it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t want to be selfish but…

 

 

 

 

 

 

All I’m asking was...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Right Now

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just let me love you, Yena.

 

 

 

[[ a/n: Let’s cry together :’( Did you enjoyed the roller coaster? We're not done yet. LOL. Part 2 will be released as soon as possible. I still need to edit or revise some parts of it. Please hold on a little longer too. LOL. Tell me your thoughts about it. I would love to know. Lots of love <3]]

Let’s connect! Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @yenaxyuri

 

Some of you were asking me about when I will release or update the first chapter of my upcoming IZ*ONE multi ship FanFic entitled, “H E O R S T”. It will be released on first or second week of December. It means that this FF (Pick Me! Nekkoya!) will end soon :’( Further announcements will be posted soon maybe on the part 2 of Chapter 13.

 

Thank you for reading! I appreciate it a lot. <3