PROLOGUE

PICK ME! NEKKOYA! - Choi Yena and Jo Yuri - (Produce 48 Love Story) -IZ*ONE -

[[YENA'S POV]]

 

My hands are wet and shaking. I cannot sit steadily on our sofa. I feel like I'm gonna throw up any minute. This long anticipation and unnecessary long camera focus before every announcement is killing me right now. I casually keep walking back and forth with the remote control on my hand.

 

"Hey, can you just sit down? I get dizzy just by watching you." My big brother, Choi Sung Min told me. He is sitting on the sofa with popcorn and soda on his hands.

 

We are both watching the finale of a survival show called 'Idol School'.

 

"Why they just can't announce it already if she will debut or not? " I said out loud without even thinking and because of my frustration.

 

"What did you say? Who?" He looked at me with a big surprise on his face.

 

"Oh, ummm. nothing. I'm.. ummm. just talking to myself like I usually do... umm you know." My heart is beating so fast. Did he caught me? I hope not. What the hell I'm gonna do if he knew.

 

"Ummm. Okay." He turned away and brings back his attention to the television.

 

"From now on the 9 members of Fromis of Idol School eighteen students announcement will begin." The announcer on the TV said.

 

As soon as I heard it, I immediately sat down on the floor, holding the remote with both hands near my face.

 

"Yo, want some popcorn?" he asked me. But I wasn't paying attention because my whole attention is on the television.

 

" Yoooo!" My brother tap my shoulders. " Are you okay? Why do you look so flustered? Your face is so red, you look like a tomato." he laughingly said.

 

My senses finally came back to me and I looked at him.

 

"Ummm Yeah. I'm just excited to know who will be the members of Fromis 9." With a smirked on my face and then immediately turns back my attention on the TV. I can really sense that he is being suspicious of my behavior at the moment.

 

"From now on, the student one by one result will be revealed." The announcer said.

 

My eyes get wider as soon as I heard it. "This is it", I said quietly.

 

"I will introduce the first student to be revealed. Please come out front..........." The announcer called the first pair of students, and he didn't call her name yet. I bite my lips and shake my head a little. This tension is killing me right now. Can they just make it a little faster? I'm really desperate.

 

Then the announcer revealed who will debut on the first pair that he called. I'm really nervous every time I hear the words ".......is not a debut member." coming out from his mouth, I get chills. He then called the three students on the center of the stage to reveal their results. Yet again, I didn't hear her name again. My heart is beating so fast right now. I feel like I'm about to see the Lord in any moment.

 

"Carrying on, we will reveal the next student...."

 

"...Student Jo Yuri"

 

My eyes got bigger. I stand up from the ground without even noticing it. My both hands are on top my head. My mouth is about to reach the floor. I'm literally going crazy. Just hearing her name makes me crazy. She's really making me crazy. She now walks on the center of the stage. The announcer also called the two other students to join Yuri on the center.

 

"Now there are seven places left. I am waiting for the results." The announcer continued. She smiled when the camera focused on her. It made me smiled too. I want to see her smile more often. It looks pretty on her. All I wanted is to see she's happy that's why I wanted her to debut. Her happiness is my happiness. I know it sounds crazy. She didn't even know me. Why am I being a fool?

 

"Firstly, Student Jo Yuri from Busan from a young age, she left home and alone. She dreamed of becoming an idol and came here....." I really admire her bravery and dedication just to achieve her dreams. I wanted to be like that too. Maybe I should join a new survival show and show the world that I can do it too. I wanted to achieve that too. She inspires me in many different ways.

 

"Student Jo Yuri, we are waiting for the scores." It's making me more frustrated. Why it took so long just to announce her scores.

 

"Now, Student Jo Yuri is...."

 

My mouth now reaches the floor. I can feel the blood rushing through my veins. My heart is about to explode. My breath is getting heavier than ever. My hands are on my face.

 

"...NOT a debut member." The announcer revealed.

 

I immediately fell down on the sofa as soon as I heard the result.

 

My brother and I looked both at each other....

 

...with tears falling down on my face.

 

 

 

 

 

REFERENCES:

 

The Choi siblings (Choi Yena and Choi Sung Min)

     

 

Jo Yuri (Idol School FINALE Cut)