Chapter 7: When Things Get Complicated (Part 1)

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I feel like I'm back at school all over again," Zoey complained as she scratched her scalp, her hair already looking messy.

"Tell me about it," I said as I leaned back further on the couch. "I don't think I can take this anymore."

"This is tiring!" said Daniel, who had his body and his face flat on the floor.

"Do we really have to know all of this?" Mike asked lazily as he lay on one of the couches alone.

"Do we have any other choice?" I asked him.

"Well, I've got one," said Christine, who sat beside me. "I can easily just pack up and fly back home."

"You're bluffing, and you know it," said Daniel, still flat on the floor.

"Can we order coffee?" Zoey asked. "I need a lot of caffeine. Urgently."

"You don't need coffee," said Mike. "A healthy breakfast filled with eggs, bacon, bread, and juice is all you need."

"Morning, Toxins," said Collins as he entered the lounge. "How's your reading going?"

"Reading? It's more like studying until you're brain dead," said Zoey. "Why do we have to know all of these rules?"

"Yeah, I thought we were visitors and supposed to be treated likewise," I said, furrowing my eyebrows. "Instead, it looks like we're back to the same old routine of following whatever the board says; only this time, it's Yang Hyun-suk."

"And you think I would’ve done something about it?" Collins asked.

"Yes!" the five of us replied simultaneously.

"Things are a lot more complicated than you think. You can wrap up now. You need to go for practice."

"Finally! I thought you would never say that," said Daniel, who quickly got up from the floor.

Zoey yawned and stretched her arms out. She looked like a yawning lion with her scruffy hair. "Thank goodness," she said. "Something fun to do except read this pamphlet."

We received brochures last night explaining the guidelines we had to abide by whenever we were on YG premises. These were the same rules that YG trainees and artists follow. It didn't feel right at first, but just like Collins put it, if we want to collaborate with BIGBANG with no problems, we've got to follow the rules.

We woke up an hour early before heading to practice to read in the lounge. We were still in our pajamas and looked as tired as hell from last night. However, we managed to read the pamphlet. Hopefully, we learned a thing or two.

"Okay, so get changed and meet us downstairs in ten minutes," said Collins.

"Aye, aye, captain," said Zoey, giving Collins a mocking hand salute. Collins rolled his eyes at her and left for the elevator.

After we got ourselves ready, we went downstairs to the car. This time, we weren't going to the gym. We were to start training at YG. It's a good thing, but with all the rules we've got to follow, you could think twice about going.

When we got there, we went straight to one of the dance studios and started practicing, trying to shake off the feeling of following the rules.

While we were at it, we heard the door to the studio fly open. We all stopped to look, as the door stood slightly ajar. For a moment, no one walked in. We started to wonder if there was anyone there.

"Check who is at the door," Zoey said to me quietly.

"Why should I check?" I asked, also with my voice tuned down.

"Daa, you're the leader."

"And what if there's someone out there wanting to kill me?"

"You're one who isn't even afraid of watching horror movies. Just go check."

I rolled my eyes and went quietly towards the door. When I got there, I fully opened it to find no one. Before I could step out of the room to check the corridor, someone jumped in front of me, blocking my way.

"What the.....!"

G-Dragon had jumped right in front of me. I almost lost balance and was falling backward. However, he quickly held my waist and pulled me towards him. We were in such an awkward position that anyone could easily mistake the two of us for wanting to kiss each other. We were so close that even my face was just inches away from his. I felt an electroshock rush down my spine from his touch as I was caught staring into his eyes.

"Hey, BK," said G-Dragon with a dashing smile on his face. "Did you miss me?"

I'm a little lost for words. Everything came as a surprise. Moreover, I couldn't stop staring into his eyes. I couldn't figure out why I was so mesmerized by just looking at them.

"Hello? Sam, can you hear me?" he asked.

I shook my head, and I found myself furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"You should really stop doing that!" I said. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Really? You should check yourself first before you blame me for anything," said G-Dragon. "A moment ago, you looked like you wanted to kiss me."

My eyes almost fell out of their sockets, and I blushed like crazy. I wanted to slap him, but I couldn't raise my hand. Fighting and disrespecting others within the YG premises is a punishable offense. Then again, I wanted to slap him so badly to wipe that grin off his face.

"Aren't you going to say anything, my little kitty?" G-Dragon asked as he smirked.

"I-uh-" I'm starting to lose my patience. "I hate you, Ji Yong."

"Says the girl who's still staring into my eyes and yearning to kiss me."

That's it! I've had enough.

I quickly pushed myself away, folding my arms. G-Dragon smiled at me. It's like he enjoys mocking me, and it's so annoying. Yet I couldn't understand why I was blushing so much. I turned to look the other way.

"Ji Yong, you're here!" exclaimed Zoey as she ran towards him, and they hugged each other. "What happened to you yesterday? You never came with us for lunch."

"I had some things to take care of," said G-Dragon. "Sorry, I couldn't come."

"You better say sorry to Sam," said Christine. "It was her special day yesterday, and she was so upset that you didn't show."

I quickly looked over at Christine, and I gave her the "I'm going to kill you" look.

"You see, she's still mad now," said Christine, pointing at me.

I rolled my eyes and placed my hand over my forehead. All this is giving me a headache.

"Now I see why she is so upset with me this morning," said G-Dragon as he looked over at me with one eyebrow raised, giving me that bad boy stare. I quickly looked away, as I could still feel myself blushing.

"You better have come with something to make her forgive you, or else she will stay mad at you forever," said Mike.

OMG! The last thing I need is for my brother to join in this charade.

"Don't worry, I've got just the thing to cheer her up," said G-Dragon.

I rolled my eyes, as I still had my back facing the others. What could he possibly do to cheer me up?

The next thing I knew, my nose caught a whiff of something flowery. Before I could turn to check where the smell was coming from, a bouquet of red roses filled my vision. I can't believe what I'm seeing. They were really roses. Moreover, they looked lovely. Where did they come from?

"How did you know I love roses?" I asked.

"It's easy to tell what you like nowadays with social media around," said G-Dragon, who stood right behind me and whispered in my ear.

Oh, yeah. I forgot we had that.

I took the roses and sniffed them. They smelled lovely. At that moment, I forgot that I was even mad.

"So, you're not mad at me anymore?" G-Dragon asked.

I turned around to give him my answer when I stopped short at the sight of a box of chocolates in his hands. Chocolates? Why did he have chocolates?

As though he read my mind, G-Dragon said, "I got a box of chocolates for you just in case the flowers wouldn't be enough to forgive me. I know you love chocolates. Well, almost every girl does."

I'm completely lost for words. I never expected this, especially from him. Was I dreaming, or was this G-Dragon standing in front of me a fake?

"Wow, thanks, GD," I said. "To be honest, I'm not mad at you for not being around yesterday."

"I know. I just wanted to make up for it. And by the way, congratulations."

"Thanks." I couldn't stop blushing. In addition, it felt quite embarrassing.

"Aww, this video is going to go viral," said Zoey.

When I turned to face Zoey, I noticed that she had her phone camera pointed at us.

"Zoey, are you recording this?" I asked even when I already knew the answer.

"Yeah, who wouldn't?" Zoey asked. "There's nothing you can do about it, though. I've already posted it online."

"What! Zoey, how could you?" I stormed towards her, and I felt as if, at any moment, lightning would flash out of my eyes and zap her.

"Whoa!" Zoey backed away a little as I approached. "Sam, chill out. It's just a video, okay? It's nothing serious."

"Well, it is serious," I said, trying to keep my voice down so as not to attract attention outside the room. "You just filmed us and posted that video without our permission."

"Great, Zoey," said Daniel. "You just made Sam more upset."

"Sam, relax, okay?" said Zoey. "Don't worry; I'll delete it before anyone sees it."

When Zoey checked her phone, the look on her face made me realize that she was a little too late.

"Whoops," Zoey said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter