Chapter 4: When The Black Kitty Steals The Show

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn't keep my mouth closed, and my eyes were filled with wonder as I looked out the window. The car we were in drove through the streets of Seoul with the sun beginning to set in the west and the street lights starting to brighten the streets. The city is just as beautiful as I imagined it. The beautiful skyscrapers, bright TV bulletins, and neon lights almost felt like home in L.A. or New York. But the signs and words on billboards made it quite clear that we're in South Korea now.

"Wow, this place looks awesome," said Daniel, who sat beside me and was also looking out of the window.

"I know, right? It's like a dream come true that we're here," said Christine, who sat behind me.

"OMG, is that an ancient palace?" I asked when I saw what looked like one from afar. Before coming here, I made sure to Google some wonderful sites I would like to visit. I had a huge interest in ancient palaces.

"It is," said Collins. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"It sure is," I said with a smile as we quickly lost sight of it.

We continued to follow the car ahead and soon found ourselves at a beautiful hotel: the Seoul Hotel. Before we could get out of the car, bright, flashing lights came into view through the windows. The paparazzi. It looks like news travels fast around here too. These people always made me feel uncomfortable.

When the doors of the car flew open, Collins and Lee stepped out first. Mike, Zoey, and Christine excitedly followed. If there's one thing they like about being famous, it's the bright lights and attention. Even though we've been in the spotlight for almost two years, I'm still not used to it, especially dealing with the paparazzi and reporters. The attention I get from my fans is more than enough.

"Hey, aren't you coming?" Daniel asked, bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I am," I said, trying to pull myself together.

"I know you've never liked this, but The Toxins aren't The Toxins without you," he said, giving me an encouraging smile.

"It's going to take years for me to get over this."

"Yeah, I know. Come on, we have to go."

Daniel got out of the car, leaving me all alone. I take a deep breath, getting myself ready to step out. Before I could even get the chance, a hand appeared before me. G-Dragon is standing outside the car with his hand stretched out for me to hold on to. For the moment, I can't stop staring at him. I looked at his hand, then back. I don't know what to do, and I couldn't help but blush.

"Come on, we're all waiting for you," he said with a smile. "Take my hand."

I continued to look at him, contemplating what to do next. I finally took his hand, and he delicately held mine, slowly leading me out of the car.

The flashing lights of the cameras me immediately after I put my foot out. When I fully stepped out, G-Dragon stood beside me with his hand still wrapped around mine. The cameramen and reporters were calling out to me to grab my attention. This is the part where I always try to get over my irritation and smile.

G-Dragon led me down the aisle that led to the glass doors of the hotel. The rest of The Toxins and BIGBANG were already ahead, getting their pictures taken, but soon most of the media's attention turned to G-Dragon and me. They kept on calling out to us, and we paused to have our picture taken together. I am already losing my nerve, and all this made my body go stiff.

"Woah, relax, B.K." said G-Dragon as he smiled for the camera. "You don't seem too comfortable."

I blush. It looks like he read my body language. Well, this is embarrassing.

"I don't like getting all the attention," I told him as I spoke in his ear.

"You deserve it." He said this while he looked at me. "Just like the whole world has their attention on you, you have mine too."

Is he flirting with me? I can't tell since I can't think straight with all that's going on around us. I hadn't noticed that we were so close and that he was still holding my hand. Likewise, I wanted to pull away, but that would only look rude in front of everyone. It would also be a juicy scene for the media to show and tell.

He gave me that irresistible smile, and I felt like melting. He left me utterly speechless.

"Come, let's join the others," he said, and we continued to walk hand in hand down the aisle.

When we got to them, we all took several group photos together. Afterwards, we went through the doors of the hotel. The media remained outside as the security guards barricaded the doors. It's always a relief to get away from those vultures.

"I think you can let go of my hand now," I said as I turned to face G-Dragon.

"I let go of your hand, or you let go of mine?" he asked.

I got confused, and the smirk on his face almost made me lose my mind. I want to look down at our hands, but that would only make things even more awkward. He's doing this just to torture me.

I quickly slipped my hand away from his and folded my arms. He smiles and walks away, slightly brushing my shoulder with his, intentionally. I let out a sigh of relief when he left to join the others. Is it just me, or did it feel so hot in the lobby that I couldn't even breathe?

Collins, Lee, and Yang Hyun-suk were by the reception desk, checking if our rooms were ready. The Toxins were huddled up with BIGBANG, talking and laughing about who knows what. They all seem to be getting along just fine. When I look around, I notice that the guards inside the lobby have made a circle around us. People were coming from the elevators, and others using the stairs coming into the lobby had their eyes on us. Some even had their phones out, taking pictures and videos. A small group of teenage girls were excited upon seeing The Toxins and BIGBANG together.

"I see that Ji Yong is troubling you," said Taeyang as he came over, breaking away from the others.

"Well, not really," I said. "And here I thought Seungri was the devious one."

"Don't mind him. He does that all the time."

"Does he do that just to make any girl fall for him?"

"Not really. The thing is, no one ever knows what his real intentions are."

"Thanks. I'll keep that in mind." I smiled.

"I noticed that the two of you were holding hands earlier. That's going to be all over the news."

"Yeah, I'm definitely screwed." I playfully hit my head with my hand, laughing nervously. "People would start to think otherwise, huh?"

"I don't think people would come to any conclusion. You just met."

"Yeah, I guess so. I worry for no reason."

"Don't feel relaxed, though. The media knows how to twist things around."

"I've been there before; it did not go well."

While Taeyang and I continued talking, we soon heard noises. There seemed to be confusion outside the circle of guards. The next thing I knew, I felt something grab my leg, and when I looked, I gasped.

Holding onto my leg is a beautiful young girl in a lovely white dress. She looked to be three to four years old. And I am captivated by her cuteness.

"Aww, look who we have here," I said softly. I went down on one knee after the little girl let go of my leg. I gently held her chin up, and she gave me a bright smile. Likewise, I smiled back.

"She's so cute. What do you think?" I asked Taeyang.

"She is," he replied. "It seems she likes you."

I smiled at Taeyang, and I looked back at the little girl. She stretched out her hand to me, and in it was a beautiful white flower, which she held by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter