Chapter 28: My Symphony

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I tapped my foot impatiently onto the floor, not because I was waiting for the doors to open. But because I couldn't figure out what to say when I finally got out. I was scratching my head as I thought of what to do. Was saying "hi" or "how are you" going to help? I wasn't too sure how I was going to start this conversation.

And besides, the person I was about to meet, wasn't really expecting me to be here. So I better had a reasonable explanation for coming, which I already had. Or else, I might just kill myself out of embarrassment.

There was a small ding sound when the elevator stopped. I realised that I had finally arrived. I looked towards the doors as they started to slide open. I gulped. I hope everything was going to go fine like I expected it to.

When the doors fully opened, I hesitated to walk out. But then, I stepped out quickly before I even had the thought of chickening out at the last minute.

"Zoey? What are you doing here?"

I was staring at G-Dragon who was standing in the living area of his apartment. He looked a little surprised by my sudden visit and I could see he was a little disappointed too.

"Hi, GD," I said as I stood there. "I know you weren't really expecting me here."

"When I was told a lady had come to see me, I thought it might be Sam," said G-Dragon.

"Ya, I know." I was a little nervous as I played with my fingers. "I had to come and talk to you."

"Please, do come in."

"Thanks," I said as I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. G-Dragon sat right next to me.

"Do you need anything?" he asked.

"No, thanks," I replied. "I'm good."

"How's Sam doing?"

"Oh, she's fine," I replied, playing with the strap of my purse on my lap. "Don't you two talk anymore? Like over the phone?"

"We do, but our conversations don't last long." G-Dragon looked a little distant when he said that. And I could tell the thought of Sam had completely taken over his mind.

I didn't say anything for a moment as I thought of what to say next.

"I know you feel bad that Sam's been ignoring you lately," I said. "It's so unlike her to do so, trust me."

G-Dragon leaned back on to the couch. "Do you have any idea why?"

"Since I know her so well, yes. I do."

"What is it then? To be honest, I feel like I've done something wrong for her to be ignoring me."

"She's not ignoring you, GD."

"What is she doing then? It's now been two days since we last had a real conversation. That was after the issue with Jehan was sorted out at the arts centre."

I laughed when I remembered Jehan and his goons being arrested. "I'll never forget that day. It was awesome."

"Ya. And people can't stop talking about how they loved our performance. And since then, Sam doesn't talk to me anymore."

With that last statement, I realised just how sad G-Dragon was with all this. And that's why I was here.

I knew Sam had been ignoring G-Dragon the day after the arts center incident. She and I were in the lounge going through social media, right after I came back from the police station to give my statement. We kept on receiving messages from fans and family back home because of our stunning performance the night before. When her phone started to ring, she completely ignored the call. Her phone rang several times that day and it was so unlike her not to answer. When I checked who called, I grew a little worried.

The day after, we all decided to meet as BigBang and The Toxins, just to hang out. And surprisingly, Sam wasn't up for it. So she stayed back at the hotel. Which for me, was so unlike her.

"Why do you think she's doing this?" G-Dragon asked.

"It's because she doesn't want to get hurt," I replied.

"What do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes. One thing I didn't like, was explaining things to people. But this was G-Dragon I was talking to, so, I ignored that for a minute.

"Sam likes you, a lot," I said. "And she's one person who doesn't like to get too attached because she knows that if she does, she's likely to get hurt. And she doesn't want that."

G-Dragon shrugged his shoulders, waiting for me to continue. "So?"

"We'll be leaving soon. Well, soon after the music video is released. And trust me, she feels awful that we have to go. That's why she's practically ignoring everyone around her and being so distant."

"For a moment, I thought I might have done something wrong."

"You haven't done anything. That's just how Sam is. She thinks ignoring you till she leaves looks like the best solution not to get hurt. But it isn't working." I said that with a smirk.

"Why do you say that?"

"I don't really know for sure. She's been acting real funny lately. But I can tell she misses BigBang, especially you. She just doesn't want to admit it."

"Ya. The others are really worried about her too."

"Why don't you just talk to her personally? In that way, you'll be able to open her up. Because right now, she is so closed up like a bud that she isn't even talking to some of us either."

"Wait, she isn't talking to you?" G-Dragon asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Not really. She just isn't herself is all I can say. But I bet you talking to her face to face will break that little state she's in."

"I have so much to tell her, I'm afraid I might upset her."

"Don't tell me you're going to ask her to be your girlfriend?"

G-Dragon looked at me and I could tell he was blushing, even when he was trying to hide it by putting up a stoic face.

"How do you know that?" he asked.

"Is that not obvious? I know that if you ask her to be your girlfriend, she will say no because of us leaving Korea."

"True. And she was really strong on the fact that we couldn't be together."

"Ya, well, she said that to Daesung, and he understood and respected her wishes. I believe you also have to do the same."

"I don't think I want to."

"Trust me, GD. If you really want to be on Sam's good side, you'll do it. Besides, isn't it that if you love someone, you will let them go?"

G-Dragon thought for a moment. "I guess you're right, but, I don't think I want to let her go."

"Well, I think you should. Don't take this the wrong way," I said quickly when G-Dragon gave me a certain look. "But, if you two were really meant to be together, then destiny in one way or another will play it's part."

"You think so?"

I smiled and nodded. "I know so. I feel she and you are perfect for each other." I tapped my chin as I looked up at the ceiling. "But then again, there's Daesung, so I can't really tell."

"Are you serious?"

"I'm joking," I laughed. "Well, I think it's obvious that she likes you."

"But she kissed Daesung last time."

"Are you really bringing that up now?"

"Just because I like her so much doesn't mean that I can easily forget that. I don't really care anyway."

I smiled when I realised why he said that. He hadn't kissed Sam yet. I didn't want to taunt him so I kept quiet. He was already suffering and I didn't want to make things worse. But still, I smiled in my heart, finding it so cute that he was dying just to kiss Sam. I was also dying inside, feeling the urge to taunt him so bad.

"Well, I still think you should talk to her," I said. "Because I'm tired of the way Sam's been acting."

"But I'm afraid she might not want to talk to me," said G-Dragon. "Should I go to see her instead?"

"That will be so much better. Because calling her just to meet won't work."

"Okay, let's go to the hotel right now."

"You want to go now?" I asked, looking a little surprised.

"Well, yes. What's wrong?"

"Oh, ummm...." I looked away so that I wouldn't have to look at G-Dragon in the face. "She went to meet up with Derrick today."

"What? Why? She went to meet him and not me?"

"Stop acting jealous." I turned to look at him, then looked away again. "That's why I didn't want to tell you. She had to meet him since he is leaving for Paris today. Jehan was deported back to France to face trail and he had to leave too. So she had to go and say goodbye."

"Does she like him?"

I smiled and when I turned to look at him, it disappeared. "She only likes him as a friend, don't worry about it. He's really good looking though."

"I'm glad he's leaving."

"Why? You're scared that he and Sam might hook up and date? I doubt it. Not when Sam already likes you. So, I'm not worried."

"I've to see her though. I've to give her something."

"What is it?" Now I was curious.

"It's a present. I planned to give it to her two days ago, but I couldn't."

My phone soon started to ring in my purse and when I took it out, it was Sam.

"Sam's calling," I said as I looked at G-Dragon and quickly answered the call.

"Hey, Sam," I said as I put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, I'm heading back to the hotel," said Sam. "Are you still around?"

"Ummm, no I'm not. Are you on your way back now?"

"Yes. I went to see Derrick off with Christine at the airport and we are on our way back right now."

"Alright, then, you'll find me at the hotel."

I quickly cut the call and stood up from the couch. G-Dragon was startled by my sudden quick action.

"GD, let's go," I said as I looked at him.

"Where?" he asked.

"To the hotel. We're going to get there before Sam does. So quickly go and get her present. And whatever it is, I don't want to miss a thing when you give it to her."

***

Sam's P.O.V:

"Do you think the colour green is going to match with these shoes?" Christine asked me as I sat next to her, showing me a pair of shoes on her phone.

"Mmm, they will," I said as I took a brief look at the shoes and turned the other way, looking out through the car window. "Just make sure it's army green."

"Okay," said Christine as she kept on looking at other different shoes to buy online. "I bet Zoey would love these shoes."

"I know she will."

"Are you okay, Sam?"

"Ya, I am," I replied as I turned to look at her. "Just a little sad."

"You've been like that for a while now. Anything on your mind?"

I thought before I answered, "there is a lot going through my mind. Things that I know I can't change, even if I wanted to."

"Is it about GD?"

"That and a whole lot more," I said as I gave Christine a small smile. "I'm really going to miss this place when we leave."

"Is that why you're acting so distant with all of us?"

I raised an eyebrow and gave Christine a serious look. "I have?"

"Pretty much, yes. Yesterday you didn't even want to hang out with us. And you've been ignoring GD's calls and everybody else."

She was right though. As much as I didn't want to admit it, all I was doing right now was to completely detach myself from BigBang and this place. I felt if I did, I wouldn't get too attached and when its time to leave, I wouldn't feel so bad.

I was always like this. Not trying to get too attached because it hurts when you finally have to leave behind the people you care about the most. And I really grew attached to BigBang despite us being so different from one another.

And now that I know we might be leaving soon, was killing me. I never knew I would get too attached to this place. But with BigBang and the loving fans, they made my stay here feel like home. And I bet the other Toxins felt that way too.

"You're right, Christine," I said. "But I can't say that I'm ignoring people. Not in a bad way or anything."

"You just want to detach yourself because you don't want to get hurt. We know you all too well, Sam."

I almost burst out laughing. "Ya, you do. I realise that the more I try to ignore them, the worse it is for me."

I looked at Christine who had been looking at me the whole time. "Well, it's about time you admitted it."

I leaned back on my seat and looked out of the window staring at the streets of Seoul. I smiled to myself.

"Maybe I should drop this little act of mine and go with the flow. I mean, I'm leaving, but I would rather enjoy my last days here and create more memories, you know?"

"You've no idea how much I wanted to hear you say that," said Christine as she held my shoulder. "Everyone has been so worried about you, they thought you would be ignoring us forever."

"Ha. Even I can't do that for that long. Trust me, these last few days I have been dying inside. And I realise how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter