Chapter 9: Catch Him If You Can

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sam's P.O.V

It took us 34 minutes to get to Caribbean Bay, one of the most famous water parks in the world, just outside Seoul in the city of Yongin. We were packed just outside the water park in Daesung's car and we watched on at the front gates where locals and tourists were going in and out. Security guards stood at the gate to maintain order. We even saw a group of primary school children who had obviously come for a fun trip. They were jumping up and down with excitement. It was such a nice sunny day to go out and have fun at the water park. I admired those who were going there to have fun while I had to play cop and find the other Toxins and G-Dragon.

"There are so many people today," said Daesung. "We can't go in there without being noticed and that would just hinder our plans."

"Ya, you're right," said Seungri, who decided to come along with us and sat in the back seat. "We've to think of something fast."

"I'm just wondering why these guys decided to come to a water park in the first place," I said, as I continued to stare at the gate, thinking of what to do.

"Well, this is another place to have fun all day long," said Seungri. "Trust me, this place is awesome, just like Lotte World."

"Ya, but why have fun outside Seoul when they could have easily gone to Lotte World?"

Seungri and Daesung didn't answer and I really wasn't expecting one. I continued staring at the gate and bit my lip in frustration. Trying to find a way in was tougher than I thought. How I wished it was easy just like it was in the movies where you could easily disguise yourself.

"Hey, can we try the back gate and enter from there instead?" I asked.

"The back gate? Why?" Daesung asked.

"Just like we perform at the concerts, we never come in through the main entrance, we always go through the back," I said. "And right now, it seems like the only option. I bet that the others went in that way."

"Sounds good, but there are obviously guards there too," said Seungri.

"We're celebrities, Seungri," I said, facing him with a smile. "They will definitely let us in."

Daesung started the car's engine, put the car in reverse and made a U-turn, heading for the back gate of the water park.

***

Narrator's P.O.V

"Do we really have to go through this again?" Taeyang asked, as he continued to drive with his eyes on the road.

"I don't know what your problem is, but the fact is, you're the problem," said Min Hyo-rin.

Taeyang faced his girlfriend who sat in the passenger's seat. Afterwards he had his eyes back on the road. There was clear frustration on his face and all he wanted was to go back home and forget about things.

"Oh, so you're just going to give me the silent treatment?" Hyo-rin asked, as she folded her arms.

"You're just impossible," Taeyang shook his head and gave a slight mocking smile. "Can you at least do me one favour and be quiet? You've already ruined this date and you just talking is irritating."

"I ruined this date! Tae, we all know you ruined this special day for the both of us, and now you want to blame it on me?"

Taeyang just shook his head and said again, "you're just impossible."

"No, you're the impossible one. You never listen to what I have to say nowadays..........."

While Hyo-rin blabbered on, Taeyang tried to block her words out and focus on the road. Just as they were passing, Caribbean Bay, he noticed a car in front of him that looked exactly like Daesung's outside the premises of the water park, on the main road. The car was making a U-turn and before the car could drive off, Taeyang saw Sam in the passenger's seat.

"What is Sam doing here?" Taeyang asked aloud.

"Did you say something, Tae?" Hyo-rin asked. "I pretty much heard you say something."

"Ya, I did," said Taeyang, as he slowed the car down and watched Daesung's car drive away, going behind the boundaries of the Caribbean Bay premises.

"What is it now?" Hyo-rin asked. "Don't tell me you're planning on taking me here to this water park?"

"As a matter of fact, I am," said Taeyang, as he also made a turn, following Daesung's car.

***

Back at YG, Lee was still in the empty boardroom, pacing back and forth with her phone in hand, trying to call either Zoey or Christine, but neither one of them picked up her calls. She tried calling Mike and Daniel and no luck either.

"Shoot! These guys are having so much fun when they don't know how much trouble they would get into if Collins finds out where they are," Lee said to herself as she stared at her phone.

Lee had tried texting the other Toxins earlier but had received no reply from any of them. She had also sent a message to Sam a few minutes ago and she hadn't replied either.

Just as she was about to call Sam, she received a text message from her. Thank goodness! Lee sighed in relief and read Sam's message:

"Just arrived at the Caribbean Bay. Try to distract Collins and Yang Hyun-suk in any way you can. If they plan on coming here, come up with something to buy us time."

Lee knew what Sam was asking from her was difficult. But it seemed the only way to avoid The Toxins from getting into more trouble.

A phone on the table beeped and Lee turned towards it. It was Collins' phone. Collins and Yang Hyun-suk had gone out some minutes ago to address the reporters again. Lee started to think of the worst as she stared at Collins' phone. What if it was a random message regarding The Toxins whereabouts?

She soon heard footsteps coming from outside. It was obviously the two managers coming to the board room. She stared at the phone on the table and then at the door, then back at the phone. She had to think of something, and fast.

"I'm not taking any chances," Lee thought to herself as she quickly took Collins' phone and hid it in the pocket of her jacket.

Immediately Lee hid the phone, the door flew open and the two managers came in. Lee went on to looking at her phone, as though she was busy.

"Reporters are so annoying sometimes," said Collins. "They never leave until they get a story out of you."

"Tell me about it," said Yang Hyun-suk. "Lee, has there been any news on them yet?"

"No, right now I'm scrolling through social media and I've not seen anything," Lee answered.

"Well, that's weird," said Collins. "Zoey usually posts about her whereabouts. Let me try to check her online."

Lee swallowed when Collins turned towards the table. She had her hand in the pocket where she hid Collins' phone and she switched it off.

"I thought I left my phone here," said Collins, as he pointed at the table.

"No, you carried your phone with you when you went out to address the reporters again," said Lee.

"Then I must have left it downstairs," Collins turned to Yang Hyun-suk and asked, "may I use your phone instead to check up on them?"

"My phone died so I left it charging in my office," said Yang Hyun-suk.

"Uh-oh, he is obviously going to ask for my phone instead," Lee thought to herself as she bit her lower lip. "What am I going to do?"

"Hey, Lee, may I use yours?" Collins asked, as he turned to face her.

"Oh, um, sorry Collins, my mobile data just turned off," said Lee. "You know how my phone malfunctions when I use it too much."

"Ya, and I always tell you to get a new one or try to have it fixed," said Collins, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, I'll go get my phone. Hopefully, the reporters won't let me stay down there with their questions."

"I'll come with you," Yang Hyun-suk insisted and the two left the room.

"That was close," Lee whispered to herself. "Now all I have to do is find a way for those two to stay down there with the reporters for a while. That would buy Sam some time."

***

Sam's P.O.V

I just texted Lee on the phone when the gates in front of us drew open and Daesung drove in. Daesung had managed to talk to the guards guarding the back gate and they were excited to be receiving celebrities. Although they spoke in Korean, I heard them mention G-Dragon's name. It was obvious that the others had also passed through here. We even saw G-Dragon's car packed in front of us near the warehouses.

"I told you they came in this way," I said. "I'm just from texting Lee telling her to try and distract our managers to buy us time."

"That sounds fine," said Daesung. "Let's just hope she manages to do so."

Daesung packed his car right next to G-Dragon's. When the three of us got out of the car, we noticed another car coming in through the gate.

"Hey, isn't that Tae's car?" Seungri asked.

"Taeyang?" I looked on and I noticed the driver of the car was indeed Taeyang. And also, he had someone with him.

"Oh, wow, he brought Hyo-rin along too," said Daesung, not looking pleased at all.

"Wait, that's Tae's girlfriend, right?" I asked.

"Yep," said Seungri, who just like Daesung, didn't look happy either. I felt like I was missing something here or was I just insinuating things?

Taeyang stopped the car in front of us. He and his girlfriend got out of the car and approached us.

"What are you guys doing here, if I may ask?" Taeyang asked.

"Hi, Tae," I said, diverting the conversation. "You should at least introduce me to your girlfriend first, don't you think?"

"Aish, never mind him," said Hyo-rin. "He gets really cranky sometimes. I'm Hyo-rin and you must be Samantha."

"Yes, nice to meet you, Hyo-rin," I said with a smile as we shook hands.

"Can we get back to my question?" Taeyang asked. "What are you guys doing here? And isn't that G-Dragon's car?"

"Wow, now that's two questions, my dear oppa," said Hyo-rin teasingly.

"Not now, Hyo-rin," said Taeyang, looking so upset. I raised an eyebrow at him. I never knew he would ever get this upset. To me, he always looked like the happy-smiley type.

"Oh, boy," I heard Daesung whisper to Seungri. "Here we go."

That was a signal for me to step in before the couple turned all of this into a cat and dog fight. It looked like the two had an argument and I didn't want their fight to interfere with my mission.

"Okay, you two," I said as I stood in front of the couple. "Right now isn't the time to argue. I came here with Seungri and Daesung because we have to bring in G-Dragon and the other Toxins back to YG."

"Why? Did they do something wrong?" Hyo-rin asked.

"Well, it's complicated," I answered, shrugging my shoulders. "I'll tell you what's going on later, but we have to get to them before our managers find out where they are and decide to come here. So, are you two willingly to help out or not?"

"Ya, I'll help, as long as I'm not close to him for a while," said Hyo-rin, staring at Taeyang.

"Okay, great, let's go," I said, as I led the way towards the water park.

***

Narrator's P.O.V

"Mmm, I wonder how these guys manage to stay with these masks on for so long," said Zoey, as she wriggled her nose under the mask. "I feel like a surgeon instead of a celebrity."

"You complain way too much, Zoey," said Mike, as he was squatting right beside her, also wearing a mask. "Just play along and everything will be fine. We just have to wait for GD's signal."

"Really? And how long do you think that's going to take? I'm really dying to have some fun right now."

Zoey and Mike had been waiting behind the slide of a swimming pool with masks on and with water guns in their hands. There were so many swimming pools and fun water slides. There were also many people enjoying themselves at the big twisting water slides and there were shallow children's pools for little kids.

"I know, I also want to have fun too," said Mike. "But we have to stick to the rules of the game. Don't forget, we also have Christine and Daniel to think about."

"You're right, we've to win, no matter what," said Zoey. "Can you still see them?"

"Let me check."

Mike looked over across the swimming pool where he and Zoey were hiding to a shallow kid's swimming pool where he saw Christine and Daniel, also wearing masks and holding water guns. They hid behind a wall of rocks that acted as boundaries of the swimming pool.

"Ya, I see them, they are still there," said Mike.

"I have to check if my water gun is all ready and loaded," said Zoey, as she took a look at her pink water gun and shook it.

Mike continued to look around to see if there was any sign of G-Dragon anywhere. He then noticed him, also wearing a face mask, on top of one of the tallest slides in the water park. He waved his hands back and forth at them. That was their signal for the game to begin.

"There is our signal, let's go!" Mike addressed Zoey and the two came out of hiding behind the water slide.

Christine and Daniel also came out of hiding, and just like Mike and Zoey, they were rushing towards the water slide where they saw G-Dragon.

Mike and Zoey got to the pool first and it was one of the biggest pools they had come across since they got here. They were so many people around, all in their swim suits having fun in the water. The place was crowded and when they looked to the top of the slide, G-Dragon was nowhere to be seen.

"Where could he have gone?" Zoey asked Mike.

"I don't know, I bet he went down the slide," Mike answered. "If he did, then he is probably in the pool with all of these people around."

Zoey turned to look in the direction they had come from and noticed that Christine and Daniel were also at the edge of the pool on the other side looking for GD.

"You know what, I'm going in there," said Zoey. "I'm not losing this game, even if it means I have to ruin my expensive sneakers."

Zoey got into the pool and Mike also followed. The pool wasn't too deep. The further they went into the pool, the more the deeper it got. This time the water level reached above their knees close to the waist.

"You should be on the look out just in case you see Christine and Daniel on G-Dragon," said Zoey.

"Aye, aye, captain," said Mike, giving Zoey a small hand salute.

Finding GD seemed difficult with so many people around. With beach balls flying above their heads and bumping into people, slowed their progress a little. Christine and Daniel were also walking in the pool and searching on the other side.

As Mike and Zoey were approaching the slide, they noticed G-Dragon at the bottom end of the slide, standing in the water, waiting for them. It was obvious he had come down using the slide because his shirt looked a little wet.

"There he is!" Zoey heard Christine shout behind her. Zoey turned and she saw the other two approaching fast.

"Hell, no, I saw him first," said Zoey, as she also started walking towards G-Dragon with Mike beside her.

"If they get close, try to distract them by shooting at them," Zoey said to Mike. "And splash them in the eyes if you have to."

G-Dragon noticed the others coming. Zoey was closing in on him, while Mike stayed back to distract Christine and Daniel. GD looked above him and noticed that a man was coming down the slide on a water floater and he was coming down fast. GD went back to looking at Zoey. He was waiting for the right time to move since he was already close to the edge of the pool. He started to back away slowly.

"I'm coming for you, GD!" Zoey called out to him as she approached him.

"You aren't going to catch me that easily, love," said G-Dragon, as he gave Zoey a huge grin.

All of the sudden, the man who was coming down the slide, hit the waters with a huge splash, right in front of Zoey. Zoey screamed as she got splashed with water everywhere. G-Dragon laughed uncontrollably as he quickly came out of the pool.

Mike looked behind him and also started to laugh. Even Christine and Daniel joined in. Zoey's upper body was completely wet and so was her hair. Zoey looked at herself in shock. She removed her mask and started to whimper while the others continued to laugh at her. Their laughter caught people's attention who were around them in the pool.

G-Dragon laughed so hard that he had to remove his mask to breath properly. The others slowly did the same.

"Oh, my gosh, you should really see yourself," said G-Dragon in between laughs. "You look so ridiculous!"

Zoey frowned and hit the water's surface with her hand, splashing water everywhere. She pointed her finger at G-Dragon and said through her clenched teeth, "you're so going to get it, GD. I'll make sure I'll have you for supper!"

"Then you have to catch me first, love,"said G-Dragon as he laughed and ran off.

"Urgh! I hate him! Come on, Mike, we've a dragon to catch."

Zoey and Mike got themselves out of the pool and ran after GD, with Christine and Daniel behind them. They were oblivious that some of their adoring fans who were in the pool, recognised them after taking off their masks. And with their cameras and phones, some fans came out of the pool and ran after the pop stars, hoping to get a picture of them.

***

Sam's P.O.V

"Wow, this place is huge," I said in awe after we had come round from the changing rooms and looked at what stood before us.

"Caribbean Bay is one of the biggest water parks in the world," said Hyo-rin. "So, ya, it's huge."

"Finding them is going to be difficult," said Seungri. "We also have to consider the indoor water park too."

"There is even an indoor water park? Oh, that's great!" I said, with my hands on my hips. "That's just going to make things more difficult for us."

'Then let's split up," said Taeyang. "I'll go with Daesung. Seungri can go in the indoor water park and check there."

"And I'll stick with Hyo-rin," I said, finishing the sentence. "Got it. So, if we find them, we should communicate and we meet back here and head out back like we came."

Everyone else shook their heads in agreement and the five of us split up heading in three different directions. Hyo-rin and I headed towards the kid's water slides.

"G-Dragon and the rest of your team are really putting you under pressure, aren't they?" Hyo-rin asked.

"You've no idea," I said as I took a look around at one of the kid's swimming pools. "They can't be around here. Let's go a little further."

Hyo-rin and I walked in silence as we continued to look around. When we got to one of the adult's swimming pools, we noticed that there were a quiet a number of people.

"This is the biggest pool so far," said Hyo-rin. "It seems really crowded."

"I bet it won't hurt if we try to ask around," I suggested. "I mean, who wouldn't recognise G-Dragon and The Toxins? If we keep on looking for them like this, it would take forever."

"Good idea," said Hyo-rin.

I turned to the young lady who looked to be in the same age group as I am standing next to me. She seemed to be British and was obviously here as a tourist on vacation. She was wearing a pink bikini and was talking to a tall guy, who also looked British wearing his black and blue swim shorts.

"Um, excuse me," I said as I slowly got closer to them and Hyo-rin was right behind me. The girl turned to look at me and so did the guy.

"Sorry, if I'm interrupting, but I-" before I could even ask, the girl's eyes bulged in excitement and she gave out a little shriek as she started jumping in excitement.

"OMG! You're B.K, as in 'The' Black Kitty!" the girl exclaimed in her British accent.

I raised my eyebrow. Yep, she is definitely British. And YIKES! I completely forgot that I am famous.

"This isn't going to go well," whispered Hyo-rin, behind me. "She will attract a lot of attention."

Hyo-rin was right. I soon started to notice a few heads turning our way, and I used my hand to cover the side of my face, while I used the other to hold the British girl's shoulder.

"Please, calm down," I whispered to her. "I don't want to make a scene."

"Oh. My. Gosh. B.K just touched my shoulder," the girl said as she looked at me as though she had seen an angel. "Kevin, am I dreaming or what?" The girl turned to address the guy she had been talking to and I realised that he had been staring at me the whole time, speechless.

"Never mind that," I said, as I took a quick look around. "I need your help."

"Anything for you, B.K," finally, the guy spoke. He sounded as though he was hypnotised, and with that British accent of his, it kind of freaked me out.

"Yes, we would do anything," said the girl, looking really hyper and excited.

"Have you seen either G-Dragon or The Toxins anywhere?" I asked.

"Well, a while ago, I heard someone talking about them being around here," said the girl.

"Um, okay, so where did they go?" Hyo-rin asked.

"I heard they were running towards the Aqua loop water slide," said Kevin, still looking at me in a funny way and pointing his finger towards a certain direction.

"I know that slide," said Hyo-rin. "We better go."

"Alright, thanks a lot you guys," I said. "I really appreciate it."

Hyo-rin led the way and I followed her. All I hoped for was that we would find the others fast before everyone got to know that BigBang and The Toxins were here. That would only stir up attention even on social media. And our managers wouldn't like that, would they?

***

Narrator's P.O.V

Lee tiptoed silently along the hall after getting out of the elevator. Before she turned round the corner, she silently leaned on the wall and slowly bent her neck to look across the other end of the hallway and there stood a door. That was where YG held their press conferences with the media and a guard stood there. Lee groaned silently in frustration. She had to find a way to get the guard away from the door. But how?

She finally thought of something. All she hoped was for her plan to work. She slowly braced herself, took a deep breath and turned round the corner, approaching the guard with confidence.

When she got closer, the guard became upright and alert. He stood right in front of Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter