Chapter 14: So Much For Trying

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slowly opened my eyes to a bright and warm morning. I yawned and stretched on my bed. It was then that I realised that I had not slept under the bed covers and my Mr Panda acted as my pillow the whole night. My notebook lay beside me and through my half closed eyes, I took a look at it.

I had tried to come up with some lyrics for the first verse and also the chorus for the song last night. There were a few cramped up papers on the bed and some on the floor. I made a couple of mistakes until I found the right lyrics for the chorus. Hopefully, G-Dragon would find the lyrics okay.

I rolled on my bed and reached for the other side where the lamp stood on a small chest of drawers. Beside it was my phone and I took it. With my back still on the bed, I texted G-Dragon about meeting at YG. He immediately replied to my text. Looks like he was also up early.

His text read: "Okay, I'll see you there, Pikachu. ;-)"

I smiled at the text. And I quickly replied: "Seriously? You're still calling me that? Pikachu is long gone now."

He texted back: "You will always remain Pikachu to me."

I thought of what to reply next, but I decided to end the conversation right here by texting: "Meet you at YG. Say around 10?"

"10 it is."

I quickly put my phone aside and sat up on the bed. I made sure to pick up all the papers on the bed and those on the floor. I threw them in the little waste bin in the room.

When I was done making my bed that was barely in need of it, I went to the bathroom to get ready. It was six in the morning and I knew I was really early. But I had to go through a few things before I left for YG.

There was no need for dance practice today so the rest of the group members were fast asleep. After taking a nice hot shower, I was blowing my hair in the bathroom. I thought the noise might wake Zoey up but when I went back to the room, she was still asleep. She had her face mask on that covered her eyes and her legs were spread all over the bed. She's not such a good sleeper and she was slightly snoring. She was really tired from all the fun we had yesterday.

I wasn't going to disturb her peaceful sleep, so I quickly dressed up, grabbed my phone and notebook and left the room.

As usual, the place was quiet and empty. The others were still asleep. I went to the lounge and sat there, going through the photos on my phone. Yesterday was fun.

After the fan signing event, we went to the mall for lunch and that attracted so much attention since I was in my Pikachu costume. We took so many photos with the fans and also signing some autographs. If it weren't for the body guards, I wouldn't have eaten my lunch in peace.

Many people wanted to take photos especially with me. I was on such high demand yesterday, but luckily, I was saved by the guards and I peacefully ate my burger. I took a selfie of myself opening my mouth to put the burger in my mouth. I smiled when I looked at the pic. I had to admit, I did look cute in the Pikachu costume.

When I posted the picture online, I got such cute comments, even from mum who immediately texted me later on last night when we got back to the hotel. She couldn't stop commenting on how adorable I looked and she told me to make sure I carried that costume back home and wear it just for her to see.

I continued to look at the pictures taken at the food court and I looked at a selfie I took with G-Dragon. The both of us were taking smoothies and looking at the camera with cute googly eyes. I also posted the pic on Instagram and people couldn't stop talking about it. I should have thought twice about posting that picture but G-Dragon didn't seem to mind when he saw it online and posted a comment.

Speaking of G-Dragon, I was quite surprised that he was talking to me again. Could it be that he wasn't mad at me anymore? We both had such a good time yesterday. And if he was still mad at me, he wouldn't have responded to my text the way he did this morning. He would have been formal and not have called me Pikachu. I found myself smiling at the thought that he had called me Pikachu. I sighed and I continued to look at the photos.

There was one photo that made me laugh out loud. Before we had left the food court yesterday, Mike pulled at my tail and that got me upset. Zoey was the one who had my phone at the time and took the photo. Mike was smiling with mischief at the camera when he pulled my tail and I was looking back at him with an angry stare. Daesung and Seungri were also in the photo, laughing their lungs out. I would have chased Mike around the mall but that would only grab attention and the fans would have followed us around. So I stayed put and pulled my tail away from Mike and walked away.

I was still looking at the photos I had taken with the others, when I heard the sound of the door opening and closing. Looks like someone was now awake. I wondered who it was. Lee soon appeared in the lounge in her white sleeping gown and bed slippers. Seems like she had a really good night sleep given that slight smile on her face. She walked up to me and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Morning. Why are you so up early?" Lee asked, as she yawned.

"I've some things to go through," I answered. "Was working on the song last night."

"Oh! Did you manage to finish it?"

"No. I was really tired. I texted GD to let him know that we should meet to look at the lyrics."

"You texted GD?" Lee looked at me with a look of surprise.

"Ya, why?"

"That's because yesterday, he wasn't talking to you until you wore that costume. Which by the way, you really killed in it."

"Thanks," I said with a smile. "Please, continue."

"Now he texts you early in the morning....wait. Was he formal or what?"

"He wasn't. In fact, he called me Pikachu."

Lee's eyes seemed to bulge for a second. "Oh, that's cute," she said. "Looks like he isn't mad anymore. I noticed the way you two were talking to each other during lunch yesterday. And also, he couldn't stop staring at you during the fan signing event."

"Wait, you were watching? I thought you were backstage."

"Well, I was at first, then I decided to join the fans in the hall and see how things were going."

I could have told Lee that I already knew about G-Dragon giving me glances on stage, but it was best to keep my mouth shut and act surprised.

"I'll tell you who else couldn't stop giving you sneaky glances on stage," said Lee, with a playful tune in her voice.

"Who?" I asked, suddenly not interested as I continued looking at the photos on my phone.

"Daesung," Lee whispered in my ear.

I felt the world had finally stopped as I stared at Lee. Was she telling the truth or was she just playing tricks on me? I clearly felt my cheeks blush so much and I pretended to keep swiping at my phone as I waited for Lee to go on.

"Ya, I was pretty sure he was looking at you, so did TOP, Seungri and Taeyang," she continued. I closed my eyes in relief. Looked like she was just joking around. What a relief.

"I looked funny in that costume and you know it," I said as l looked at Lee. "They were bound to look at me the whole time."

"Well, some were looking at you in amusement, but the others..." Lee paused for a second as she looked at her nails and then at me.

"What?" I asked as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, you already know. Others were looking at you the way your male admirers do. With dreamy eyes and stuff."

"Stop joking around Lee. So not funny."

"What? I'm just telling you what I saw. G-Dragon and Daesung were staring at you like they were your secret admirers. Are they really your admirers?"

I frowned. "You can't count G-Dragon as my admirer and you know it." 

"Why? Because you still think he and Zoey are perfectly meant for each other or do you still think he is still mad at you?"

"Well, both."

Lee rolled her eyes at me and shook her head. "You're so hard to convince, aren't you? What to do to make you see that GD only has eyes only for you."

"No, he doesn't. The only reason why he spoke to me was because of our managers and the group. Including the fans. I bet he knew it was going to be weird and for everyone's sake, he just had to talk. Besides, don't forget I had that costume on, so I obviously looked funny."

"Stop using Pikachu as an excuse and face the fact for once, Sam. What if G-Dragon is the only guy truly meant for you?"

I hadn't thought of it that way and I didn't like the fact that Lee had brought that up. I wasn't going to let what she had suggested slip into my mind and stay there. I quickly stood up and went to the hotel landline to order breakfast.

"I'll have oatmeal and some warm tea with milk, please," I said over the landline and then I looked over at Lee. "And what will you have, Lee?"

"Toast with bacon, eggs and juice," Lee replied and I said out the order.

"Don't you dare try to change the topic with me, Sam!" Lee warned as I put the landline down.

"Come on, can we just drop this, Lee?" I asked, almost mourning. She knew me too well. "You know I'm not ready for such things."

"And when will you ever be?" Lee folded her arms and she gave me a look only mum used to give me whenever we were having a serious conversation.

"To be honest with you, I don't feel like I'm ready to be in a relationship," I said, as I slowly walked over to Lee and down next to her.

"And why not? I know you don't like talking about finding a boyfriend, but what's so bad about GD?"

I sighed. Where was I going to start with all of this? I liked G-Dragon but I wasn't completely sure about how I truly felt about him or if I could consider him boyfriend material. He wasn't bad though. But what's happened the past week kind of made things a whole lot difficult. I shouldn't forget that there was Daesung too.

Coming to Daesung, he was...I don't know. What happened at the park last week Tuesday was still stuck in my mind. He never tried to bring up that incident ever again and that kind of worried me a little. But I also had to question myself. Did I really like Daesung? If I did, I would've tried to talk to him about it but instead I was as quiet as a mute. I also was to blame for not bringing that up too.

I really liked Daesung. He is so sweet and understanding. G-Dragon is also sweet and such a great guy with an awesome personality, until I saw his bad side. They both gave me goosebumps whenever I saw them but I knew only one of them stood out. But who? Liking both guys was wrong and I didn't like it at all.

"You look lost in your thoughts, Sam," said Lee. "Are you trying to figure out what to say next or is there something you aren't telling me?"

Lee was almost like Taeyang. It's like they always knew I was hiding something. Should I tell Lee about Daesung too? I had to think real hard before I made a decision and I had such little time in my hands. Luckily enough, our breakfast arrived and that gave me some time to decide whether to tell Lee or not about Daesung.

The room service left our breakfast on the table and the two of us went to the dining table and sat down while I was deep in thought. I slowly put a spoon of oatmeal into my mouth and it tasted delicious. As for Lee, she took a bite out of her toast and looked at me.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" Lee asked.

"I don't know if I should tell you this or not," I started. "But you aren't going to like it."

"Spill," said Lee as she jumped with excitement on her seat and looked at me with her eyes so huge.

"Well, I...um..."

Before I could say what I wanted to say, my phone rang. Someone was calling. I looked at the caller ID and I almost dropped my phone to the floor because my hand shook. I managed to keep my hand steady as I continued to look at my phone.

"Aren't you going to answer it?" Lee asked.

"I...eh...can you give me a sec?" I asked.

"Ya, sure," said Lee.

She didn't seem to mind as she continued to eat her breakfast. I left the table and walked over to the balcony. I answered the call and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, morning," I answered, trying my best to sound normal.

"Hey, black kitty, or can I call you Pikachu?" Daesung said.

I swallowed hard. "This name calling is completely getting out of hand, don't you think?"

"Really? You don't like your new name?"

"Well, not really," I said, as I felt my cheeks flush. "Pikachu is long gone and I don't need another nickname."

"Alright, I'll try not to call you Pikachu then. I just wanted to ask if you would be busy today."

"Oh, uh..." I scratched my head. "Well, yes, I'll be busy. I have to work on the song with GD, remember? We have to finish on the lyrics before the managers get to look at it."

"But it's a Sunday, Sam," Daesung sounded as though he was whining over the phone. "I thought we were all supposed to be resting today."

"I know, but I'm sorry it had to come to this, Daesung. We really need to work on the song, like urgently."

Daesung sighed. "Well, okay, if you say so. Maybe next time then."

"Wait, were you planning on taking me somewhere this morning?" I became really interested this time around. I walked over to the rail of the balcony to take a clear view of the city.

"I wanted us to have breakfast together." I smiled that Daesung had thought of that. I couldn't stop myself from blushing.

"Well, you should have thought of that way earlier," I said, still smiling. "I'm having breakfast with Lee right now."

"Ya, I'll make sure that I will tell you earlier on in the future."

"You better. Anyway, I better go. My oatmeal is getting cold."

"Okay, maybe we'll meet later on in the day?" That sounded more like a suggestion.

"Hopefully we will. Bye, Daesung."

"Okay, bye."

I cut the line and I couldn't stop smiling to myself. I quickly turned away from the balcony rail to start heading back inside. I saw Lee standing by the door of the balcony, looking at me with her arms folded.

"Was that Daesung?" Lee asked.

My smile had completely been wiped off my face when I saw her. I knew there was nowhere to hide.

"Yes, it was," I replied.

Lee didn't say anything at first, until her face looked like she was about to burst into laughter. She did laugh and she came towards me and held my shoulders.

"Oh my goodness, I knew it!" Lee said with excitement. "I knew Daesung had a thing for you. Why else would he call you to have breakfast with him?"

This time, I felt my facial expression change. Lee had heard my entire conversation.

"You heard my entire conversation with him?" I asked, frowning.

"Well, I couldn't help myself. Please, don't get upset, Pikachu. You look funny when you're upset."

"Don't call me that," I said as I brushed off Lee's hands on my shoulders and folded my arms.

"Okay, I won't call you Pikachu. But I just had to listen. I was right about Daesung that he liked you."

I didn't say anything as I felt my cheeks heat up again. I looked the other way, but that didn't stop Lee from noticing the blush on my face.

"You already knew, didn't you?" Lee asked as she pointed at my face. "Is that what you wanted to talk to me about before he called?"

I knew she would figure it out in one way or another. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I already knew, Lee," I said. "Don't tell anyone, especially Zoey."

"My lips are sealed. Were you ever going to tell me this?"

"No," I replied.

"Cute. But seriously though, now you have two guys who really like you. If not two then three."

My eyes felt like falling out of their sockets as I turned to look at Lee.

"Three?"

"I'm counting TOP. You don't look surprised."

"TOP still remains in the balance," I said. "I know he likes me. But I think just us being good friends seems more appropriate."

I walked back into the lounge and Lee followed behind me. We went back to the dining table to finish our breakfast.

"So, you wouldn't count in TOP then?" Lee asked.

"No, I wouldn't." Thank goodness my oatmeal and tea were still hot. "TOP is awesome and all, but I wouldn't get too serious with him."

"Why? His good looks and charm might make you fall for him?"

"No." I blushed as I took a sip of my tea. "He does make me nervous, yes. But I...." I was completely lost for words. I shook my head.

"You know you two would make a great couple, right? His good looks and your beautiful face, just perfect. TOP has such good looks, no wonder, he's an actor. He has that charm that makes you want to stare at him forever. Even when he appears on TV."

"Ya, you're right. I see that too."

The two of us ate in silence until we started to talk about something else. I was glad we had changed the topic on guys and focused on what to expect ahead of our stay in Korea. It then came to me that even though Lee and I were discussing whether G-Dragon could be considered the perfect boyfriend for me or not, I wasn't going to stay here for long and who knows, I might not ever come back here again. Ever!

Lee also had that in mind and spoke about it for a while. She sounded a little sad though. Just like me, she was also going to miss this place when we leave for home. I bet the others would feel the same too. That's why we had to make the most of our stay here even though we had such strict managers breathing down our necks all the time.

"Oh, Sam, I forgot to tell you something about the song," said Lee.

"What is it?" I asked. Something told me what she was about to say wasn't going to sound good to my ears.

"The managers want to take a look at the lyrics tomorrow," she said.

I almost spit out the oatmeal in my mouth.

What the HECK!

All this felt way too soon. If they gave us till Wednesday it would have been better. But MONDAY! I growled and rubbed my forehead. No wonder Monday is the worst day of the week.

"Are they serious?" I asked.

Lee looked at me with a shocked expression. I bet she was expecting an outburst from me. FYI, I was also as surprised as she was.

"Oh, I'm surprised you aren't upset," said Lee, watching me closely.

"I am, but an outburst is Zoey's thing."

"I know, but you look calm. An outburst is more like you and appropriate at the moment. Aren't you upset?"

"I am."

"Then why aren't you screaming your lungs out in anger?"

"Lee, I don't....." I held my forehead for a second. "I don't know. I'm as surprised as you're."

"Don't tell me you already knew."

"When you told me you had something to say about the song, I had a feeling I wasn't going like it. I'm upset, but I can't shout or scream. It's not going to change anything. It's like I knew what was coming."

"I wish I was a little like you. So calm and not a care in the world."

"Are you kidding? If it was any other day, I would've called Collins and argued with him over the phone. Looks like it just wasn't today."

"So, what are you going to do about it?" Lee asked as she looked at her empty plate on the table.

"Tell G-Dragon about it and try to finish the lyrics. He won't like it, given that so much happened last week and we had little time to work on it."

"Ya. You do that. Too bad you've to work and these guys have to stay and do nothing the whole day. They are planning to go round the city and maybe shop for a few things."

"Let me guess," I said as I stood up from the table. "Zoey's idea?"

"Yup. Let's just see if the boys will agree. They might as well stay here and play video games the whole day."

"That won't be a surprise. Anyway, it's almost eight. I still have plenty more time to look at the song for a few minutes before they wake up."

"You do that. I'm hitting the shower."

I went back to the comfortable couch I was sitting on earlier and Lee left the lounge. I got my notebook and I continued to look at the lyrics. I started to think of the second verse and started to write on a sheet of paper I tore from my notebook, in case I made any mistakes.

I was staring up at the ceiling, trying to come up with a rhyme and maybe even a punchline. I was moving my lips silently, a little habit I had whenever I was writing lyrics and trying to find the right words that would sound just fine for the song.

"Hey, Sam, what are you doing?" came Zoey's voice from across the lounge. I looked up from my notebook. Zoey was in her sleeping gown, walking slowly towards me.

"Working on the lyrics," I answered.

"I thought you were supposed to do that with G-Dragon."

"Yes, I am. Just came up with some new ideas and I plan on looking at them with him today."

Zoey sat down beside me and asked, "today? Why today? I thought we were all resting?"

"Well, we're are so behind and the managers plan to look at the lyrics tomorrow."

Zoey rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Alright, you do that. Too bad you won't join us as we go out shopping today."

"Ya, Lee told me," I said as I crossed out a word on the paper I was doing my rough work on.

"I noticed you were up almost the whole night. What were you doing?" I paused as I looked at Zoey. I couldn't tell her I was working on the lyrics or else she would get real suspicious. What was I going to say?

"Um, just looking at stuff online."

Zoey looked at me with an eyebrow raised. With what I said, I could see she was fully wide awake now. I was ready for the questions that were bound to come my way.

"For real? You're never a fan of checking what's going on online unless you're just checking on random stuff," said Zoey. "And to stay up late at night? That's so unlike you."

Damn it! Zoey knew me too well.

"Well, yes. I was checking out random stuff on the internet, as usual," I said.

"I thought maybe you were chatting with someone the whole night. Must be a guy and you're just not telling me."

Oh, no. Not again. I've talked enough about guys today and I didn't want Zoey to start making up silly stories.

"So, who were you talking to?" Zoey asked as she the couch to look at me.

"I wasn't talking to anyone, Zoey," I replied.

"Really? You seem to have a certain glow on your face. Something tells me it's a guy."

I rolled my eyes. "Who can I be talking to late at night? And just because I have a glow on my face doesn't mean a guy made me like this."

"I can guess if you want me to."

"Please, don't," I begged, clapping my hands together before Zoey could continue.

"Mmm, I guess since you had so much attention yesterday, I bet you made so many friends online and only one guy, who's definitely Korean and totally hot, caught your attention and you had such a long conversation."

"I told you not to say anything. When are you ever going to listen?"

"When you tell me the truth."

"If you don't believe me then that's your problem."

"Okay, okay. I'll stop. I see you almost want to blow a fuse."

I sighed in frustration. "It's not that. I'm just a little upset that we were given a little time to finish working on the song, given that we had little time ourselves. I feel so under pressure."

"Sorry. I know how you feel. Have you told Collins to give you guys a bit more time?"

"Nah. Besides, now that there isn't just Collins but also Yang Hyun-suk too, they wouldn't listen to me."

"True that. You better finish working on it tonight."

I slowly nodded my head and all of the sudden, my phone rang. I wondered who would be calling me now. Probably not Collins. I took my phone and looked at the screen.

It was G-Dragon.

"Who's calling you?" Zoey leaned closer and looked at my phone. "Oh! It's GD! Let me answer it!"

Zoey sounded so excited and she quickly took my phone. I didn't even have enough time to open my mouth and protest because Zoey quickly answered the call. I made a mental note to scold her afterwards.

"Morning, my lovely G-Dragon," said Zoey in a sing song voice. "Hope you had a wonderful night."

I hope G-Dragon wasn't surprised that Zoey had answered my phone. I tried to take the phone away from her but Zoey slapped my hand away as though it was a fly. For crying out loud! It was my phone after all!

"I also had a lovely night too," said Zoey as she continued her conversation. "Tell, me, what did you want to discuss with Sam over the phone? Is it about the song?"

One thing I hated about Zoey answering my phone calls, was that she was so pokey. She had to know every little detail like a news reporter. If it was someone she never knew on the phone, she would start to ask the person's name and other details like where they worked or whether they were married or not.

"Come on, Zoey," I protested. "Give me the phone."

I tried to grab her handholding my phone to her ear, but she quickly avoided my grip and stood up from the couch. I stomped my foot on the floor like an angry child.

"Oh, I'll tell her just that," said Zoey as she looked at me with a mocking smile on her face. I wondered what G-Dragon told her now.

"Let me talk to him, Zoey," I said as I stood up from the couch.

"Oops!" Zoey held the phone away from her ear. "The line went dead."

I took my phone away from her. "What did he say?"

"Get ready, my little kitty," said Zoey. "G-Dragon is picking you up. He will be here in a few minutes."

"That's not necessary. I can easily just go with the driver."

"Well, boo hoo for you. We are planning to go out using the car today for shopping and looking around Seoul. You going with G-Dragon will be fine."

"Okay. Maybe you're right." Zoey smiled at me and said, "go get your shoes. G-Dragon will be here any minute now. You don't want to keep him waiting"

"Eish, Zoey," I folded my arms. "You sound like my mum the day I was going out for prom in my senior year."

"Oh, I do!" Zoey took it more like a compliment. "It's not like you and GD are dating anyway. Besides, let's not talk about prom now. You know what happened on that prom night and you don't want to relieve it."

I thought about what Zoey said and I knew she was right. My last prom in senior year was horrible and I shook away the thought right away.

I went to the room to get my slippers and I was heading back to the lounge. This time, Zoey wasn't alone. Christine and the boys were awake and they seem to be in a heated argument already. I had only been in the room for a few minutes and a lot had already happened.

"We're not going shopping," said Mike. "We will do it at a later time."

"But what's so important that you have to use the car?" Zoey asked. "Don't tell me you plan on just looking at gaming stores the whole day instead of shopping for clothes."

"Well, ya!" Daniel replied. "Shopping can come at a later time just as Mike said."

"No, Zoey and I have to go shopping and it will be a whole lot of fun if you come with us," said Christine.

"No way, we aren't shopping with you," said Mike.

"And I don't think we are in the mood for boy stuff either," said Zoey, with her hands on her hips.

"Whoa! People! Stop it!" I announced as I came in the lounge and stood in between the guys and the girls because they looked like they were about to tear each other apart.

"Talk some sense into your brothers, Sam!" Zoey sounded threatening this time around. "Tell them they can do all their stuff later and come shopping with us."

"Sam, don't listen to Zoey," said Daniel. "They can go shopping another day. And I don't think shopping on a Sunday is appropriate. Don't you agree?"

"Look, you guys! Fighting isn't going to solve anything," I said. "Instead of shopping and going out to check on games, why don't you just go sight seeing again? If that doesn't work, you can do both your separate things then meet up somewhere when you both decide to come back to the hotel?"

"Doing our own stuff seems fine," said Mike. "I'm not just in the mood for shopping. Yet."

"There! Problem solved," I said with a smile on my face.

"You guys really know how to create drama," said Lee as she came to the lounge, all showered and dressed up.

"Tell me about it," I said as I rolled my eyes. "Lee, GD is coming to pick me up to head for YG. Please tell me you will look out for these guys while I'm gone."

"Okay. Hopefully, Collins won't ask me to run any errands for him," said Lee.

"By the way, do you have any idea where he is?"

"Nope. No idea."

"Whoo!" Zoey cheered loudly. "No Collins means, more fun for some of us!"

"That, I totally agree with you," said Daniel.

I shook my head. For me, no sign of Collins meant something out of the blue is going to drop on us like a bomb. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up on the evening and say something that might either be a surprise or something terrible.

My phone beeped and I saw a message from G-Dragon telling me to come downstairs.

"Guys, I've to go now," I quickly rushed to the couch where I left my notebook, took it and walked out of the lounge. "Behave, okay," I looked behind me and sent them a warning look as I approached the elevator and got in.

"We will. You've fun with GD," said Zoey.

"I'll try," I muttered to myself, grateful that Zoey was too far to hear what I said and the doors closed shut in front of me. I reached the ground floor in peace. And when I mean in peace, I meant no reporters and paparazzi around. There were a few people I waved at before leaving the lobby.

I found G-Dragon waiting for me outside leaning on his white posh Lamborgini. He seemed to be preoccupied on his phone because he didn't notice me walk out through the doors.

"Looks like someone is busy," I said as I got close to him.

G-Dragon looked up at me through his stunning sunglasses and he smiled. That also sent me smiling. This was the G-Dragon whom I first met the first time I came here.

He removed his sunglasses and put them in his pocket and continued to stare at me. Was he really not mad at me anymore? I didn't want to think about that now. I had to think positively for once, but I still had my doubts.

"Hey, where's your Pikachu outfit?" G-Dragon asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Not funny, Ji Yong," I said with my arms folded.

"Well you're Pikachu, aren't you? Everyone is now calling you that."

"I'm not supposed to care what people say. Pikachu is long gone and the only time I'm wearing that thing again is when I'm going home."

"Really? Why?" G-Dragon seemed to have found what I said amusing.

"My mum wants me to wear it when I go back home," I said. "She said I looked really cute in it."

"You really did look cute," said G-Dragon as he approached me, closing the gap between us. "In fact you look prettier every time I see you."

I gulped. Oh, no! What was he saying? Was he acting drunk again? No, he wasn't this time around. I could feel my face blushing right now and I looked down at my feet.

"We better go," I said. "We've to finish working on the song. Remember?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter