Chapter 24: In The Tour Bus

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could see the restlessness in Zoey's eyes when she stepped out of her room. It looked like she hadn't slept at all. And she wasn't the only one who looked that way. Christine, who was sitting right next to me yawned so loud and her eyes looked like they could close any minute now. I looked at Christine then at Zoey who joined us at the table and sat next to Lee. She also ended up yawning.

Looking at what happened yesterday when I left YG for the hotel with Daesung, Zoey had gone to meet Derrick's brother to give him the teddy bear. And the funny thing is, the others had also gone with her. Could she have told them what was going on? It looks like it or else Seungri, TOP and Christine wouldn't have said they were going out on a drive around the city with her. If they knew what was going on, Mike and Daniel must know about all this too.

I turned to look at my two brothers who sat across the table. They looked normal and perfectly fine. They didn't seem to look as tired as Christine and Zoey were. Maybe it's because I knew what the girls were up to.

Last night, I was watching TV waiting for the others to come back. I was all alone. Lee and Collins were still at YG. The other Toxins soon arrived a few minutes before supper and when I asked them how their drive went their response wasn't what I expected. They tried to sound okay saying the drive went fine but they looked like something had just gone wrong and they looked scared, especially Zoey. She looked troubled.

I didn't ask any further but instead, ordered for our supper to be brought up to our floor. Everyone was willing to eat their supper, except Zoey who said she had something to do in her room. She asked Christine to help her out and Christine who was tired from dance practise and probably hungry, said she would help though she looked like she wasn't up for it.

What would those two be up to? I didn't have to bother myself with that question. I already knew. Derrick's brother must have realised that the teddy had no diamonds and that it had been switched for another. My brothers who always told me everything never said a word regarding Christine and Zoey's behaviour or said anything about the teddy bear.

I had supper with my brothers while Zoey and Christine seemed to be busy in Zoey's room. When I went to check on them to tell them that their supper was getting cold, Zoey's room was in a mess. Her clothes were everywhere and there were her things lying around on the floor. When I asked them what they were looking for, they said they had lost something and they needed it urgently. I asked no more and left them to their business.

They even ransacked Christine and Lee's room. Lee was furious when she got back and found her room in a mess. She asked what the two were up to. They didn't give her a straight answer. They told her the same thing they told me. Lee was irritated and Collins laughed when he went to see what was going on.

Christine and Zoey asked me if they could search my room. I told them I had no problem with it. If they thought they were going to find the teddy in my room, they were sadly mistaken.

When they found nothing in my room, they checked the boys' room as well and also found nothing. They had slept really late last night and adding onto their fatigue from dance practise, they were awfully tired.

"Did you two find what you were looking for?" Collins asked Christine and Zoey as he brought the cup of coffee to his lips.

"No," said Zoey. She sounded really tired.

"Well, you two look exhausted. I wonder what you could have been looking for that you had to stay up all night."

"It's just something I lost, Collins. I need it urgently."

"I could see that," said Collins with a smirk. "You shouldn't be so careless, Zoey."

"I'm not careless. I have no idea where it is."

"Zoey isn't the only one who has lost something around here," said Lee.

"What did you lose?" Collins asked.

"Remember that small teddy bear that was sent to The Toxins? It's missing too."

"It's missing?" Daniel asked, with a surprised look on his face. I looked at my brother with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, ya. It was under my pillow the day I went to the mall with Sam. When I checked on it in the evening, it wasn't there."

"Maybe someone took it," I said taking a bite out of my toast.

I looked at Mike and Daniel who quickly looked down at their plates. I could see Mike look at Zoey through the corner of his eye. Zoey was staring else where and I could feel Christine fidget a little next to me.

"Seriously? You're worried about a teddy?" Collins asked not believing what he was hearing. "It must have dropped under the bed or something."

"It's Mr Teddy, Collins," I said, looking at him. "We all care about its whereabouts."

"Do I? A teddy is lost and Zoey also lost who knows what. But they will all turn up eventually."

"Hopefully," said Daniel, giving Collins a nervous smile.

I hid my smirk with my cup of coffee raised to my lips. If only they knew where the teddy bear was.

The day I went to the mall and came back with Collins to the hotel, I had called Derrick and told him about his brother and Zoey. Since Zoey hadn't given away the teddy yet, I had an idea of switching it with another so that I could know what the teddy had inside.

So, with Lee's help and without Christine's knowledge, we ordered for a small teddy bear after looking through some toy sites to see which store sold the exact type of teddy bear Derrick's brother sent us. After finding it, Lee bought it. As soon as it was delivered, Collins was the one who took the package since he planned on going out. By coincidence, he met the delivery man on his way to the elevator. Then he bought the package to me in my room.

Yesterday in the morning, when Zoey went to the bathroom, I snuck in her room and looked around for her purse. She had left it on the lamp stand. I took out the teddy and swapped it with the one I bought. At that point, Zoey had had the wrong teddy the whole time.

Last night when the others had gone on their so called drive and Daesung had dropped me off at the hotel, I waited for Derrick to show up since I texted him soon after practise to meet me at the hotel to get the teddy bear. I gave it to him as soon as he showed up. He told me he would find out what's in the teddy and tell me in the morning.

As I ate my breakfast, I felt a little anxious. I really wanted to know what was in that teddy bear. I know doing all of this was risky, especially when I know that the person Zoey is dealing with is dangerous. Luckily, nothing happened to her or to the others.

Lee and Derrick didn't like the idea of switching the teddies because they were scared of what Derrick's brother would do. But I had no choice. If I didn't know what was going on without bringing Derrick's brother to justice, I felt I was letting him get away with everything. So, I had to play my cards right and take the risk. If anything ever did happen to Zoey last night, I was going to blame myself entirely.

But just as I had expected, nothing bad happened. Derrick's brother did what I thought he would do. Give Zoey time to find the actual teddy bear with the diamonds. Now, it was my turn to be in control. I had an idea of what to do next. But I couldn't do anything till Derrick tells me what his brother has been up to with that teddy.

As soon as I had finished my breakfast, I got up from the table and excused myself. I left the dining table and went to my room. I got my phone that was lying on my bed and immediately I did, Derrick called. I stared at the ceiling with relief. Finally!

"Morning," I said as I answered the call.

"How is the lovely morning?" Derrick asked.

"Fine. I'm anxious though," I said as I sat down on my bed. "What did you find out?"

"Well, you won't believe what was in the teddy."

"What is it?" My heart started to beat so fast.

"There were diamonds, Sam."

"Wow. Seriously?" My eyes bulged out in surprise.

"Yes. Looks like he's involved in diamond smuggling."

"That's a surprise."

"Not to me. I have always known that my brother has been up to no good."

"Well, at least you know that your brother isn't good at all."

"So, what are you going to do? Have any ideas?"

"I thought you would come up with one since you didn't seem to like my idea yesterday. Which worked out pretty well, by the way."

"I know. I was thinking you would have a better idea since yours went smoothly."

"Good. I think I have a plan, but that will mean involving some of my friends too."

"Do you think it will work out? It's dangerous."

"I know. But if they find out that I'm involved in something dangerous that they were unaware of, they would help out no matter what."

"Okay then. If you say so." I could hear that Derrick sounded a bit worried.

"Do me a favour. Bring the teddy to Caribbean Bay."

"Why Caribbean Bay?"

"We will be shooting some parts of the music video there. I'll tell you what time to do so."

"Okay. I hope whatever you're planning will work out."

"Hopefully. All I need is your brother's phone number."

"You want Jehan's phone number?" Derrick sounded surprised. "But why?"

"Your brother's name is Jehan?" It was my turn to get surprised. "Wow. Now that's a true French name."

"Don't change the subject, Sam. Why do you need Jehan's phone number?"

"Because, if I want my plan to work, I'll need to call him at some point."

"What are you getting at Sam? Are you trying to blackmail him since you have the teddy?"

"Not really. I need to end this once and for all. And right now, I can't tell you what I'm up to."

"You're very mysterious." Derrick sounded amused. "I like it."

"Thanks." I blushed as I smiled. "Some people find it annoying."

"I find it very amusing. So how are you going to get his phone number? I don't have his contacts here in Korea."

"Zoey's phone, of course."

"And how are you going to do that without her knowing what you're up to?"

"Leave that to me. You just bring the teddy and I'll tell you what else I would need."

"Whatever you wish, your Highness."

"Hey, stop mocking me," I laughed. "I'm not a queen, you know?"

"Says the person who is acting like she is in control and also wore a crown the other day."

"Oh." I remembered the crown Seungri had made for me and that we had posted pictures of me with the crown on my head.

"Okay, I'll see you at Caribbean Bay."

"Thanks, Derrick."

I could picture Derrick smiling. "It's nothing, Sam. I'm here to help."

I smiled and cut the call. I got myself ready when Collins called down the hall telling some of us in our rooms that it was time to go.

I took my white leather jacket that was lying on my bed and put it on over my white t-shirt with B.K initials on the lower end of my t-shirt in gold. I wore blue faded tight fitting jeans and white pumps.

I had my phone in my pocket and I walked out of the room. As I stepped in the hall, I heard whispering behind me and I could see Christine and Zoey talking silently to themselves. When they saw me, they stopped what they were doing and just looked at me. I looked back at them.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Uh...., nothing, Sam," said Christine. "We were just talking about something."

I nodded my head and turned towards the elevator. Mike and Daniel were waiting for the doors to open with Collins and Lee. I went to join them. Christine and Zoey followed.

We were all seated in the car a few seconds later and were driving to YG. Collins said we would first stop by there and check out on somethings. We were to meet the others there and go to Caribbean Bay. The make up and the video crew were also going to be there to prepare the set.

When we came to YG, there was a hustle and bustle around the place. The make up artists and those dealing with the wardrobe were up and about, getting things ready and packing things in the delivery trucks outside.

While people were busy packing, we went upstairs and this time we went up to Yang Hyun-suk's office where we found the BigBang members with their manager.

"You're here," said Yang Hyun-suk who was sitting behind his desk.

"Yes, we are," said Collins.

"Are you all ready for the video shoot?" Yang Hyun-suk asked as he turned to look at us.

"Ya, we're," I replied, enthusiastically.

"This is going to be so much fun," said Seungri as he came to stand close to me and put his arm over my shoulders.

"I know." I gave Seungri a smile.

"I'm excited too," said Mike.

"We all are," said Yang Hyun-suk as he stood up from his chair. "Speaking of which, you guys better start heading there."

"I was thinking we should all go together," said Taeyang. "The Toxins and BigBang, I mean."

"Awesome idea," said Collins. "Yang Hyun-suk and I already thought of that. That's why you will all be going in a luxury tour bus."

There was a sudden mix of emotions in the room as some of us turned to look at Collins, then at Yang Hyun-suk, while others did vice versa.

I on one hand, was very surprised. Not in a good kind of way. I looked at Collins, then at Yang Hyun-suk. One thing I wasn't looking forward to was riding in the sane vehicle with both G-Dragon and Zoey. Riding along with Zoey in the same car as we came here to YG was more than enough on my part.

I could see Zoey also looked surprised and not the good kind either. She probably didn't want to be close to G-Dragon or me either.

As for G-Dragon, he didn't seem so moved by the whole thing. He looked really cool about it. I wish I had that demeanour of his right now.

"This is going to be so much fun, indeed," said Christine, who sounded really excited.

"I call dibs on sitting next to Sam!" Seungri said so loudly.

"What's your problem?" Daesung asked irritably.

"He wants to be close to Sam, that's what," said TOP.

"Anyway," said Yang Hyun-suk, completely ignoring Seungri's outburst, "there will also be a camera crew with you all day today when making the music video."

"Wait. You want to film the making of the music video?" I asked.

"Yes," Yang Hyun-suk and Collins replied at the same time.

As far as I know, making a film about how the music video came to be was quite common in the k-music industry. A lot of artists mostly groups do that almost all the time. I see most of those videos on YouTube. We never really did that in the U.S, only if you wanted to. Mostly those videos weren't released anyway.

It was quiet clear that the Korean music industry was different from ours. They even made video or picture teasers of music videos that are to be released. Kind of like those movie trailers for upcoming movies. I bet that was a technique to make the fans anticipate of what was bound to come in the music video.

"That sounds awesome," said Taeyang. "I bet the fans would like to know what goes on with you, Toxins."

"We're crazy, that's what," said Daniel.

"Ya, very true," said Collins, as he rolled his eyes. "And very annoying."

"Here we go again," Zoey muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

I smiled at Zoey's response. Looked like despite all the bad things that were going on, she still had the habit of talking back.

"Looks like your bus is here," said Lee, whom I hadn't heard say a word in a while. She was looking out the window.

"Wow, seriously?" Daniel asked as he joined Lee by the window.

"Looks like it's time to go," said Daesung.

"Okay, guys, you can go ahead," said Yang Hyun-suk. "We will see you downstairs before you leave."

The two groups all walked out of the office, leaving behind the two managers and Lee. We were heading towards the elevator. As for me, Seungri still had his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

As we walked down the hall, I turned around to look behind me and I could see that G-Dragon at the corner of my eye walking side by side with TOP, behind Taeyang and Christine. For a moment, I thought that he was staring at me. He was looking the other way when I looked at him. I shook my head as I turned to look forward. Maybe I was just imagining it. It didn't matter anyway.

When we reached the elevator, we got inside and something really funny happened.

I was at the back of the elevator with Seungri and Taeyang when Mike accidently stepped on my foot because he had been pushed by Zoey as she was getting into the elevator.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed as I tried to hop on one foot but there was no enough room. I held on to Seungri's shoulder for support.

"Sorry, Sam," said Mike as he tried to turn and look at me. "But could you please stop moving around? You're pushing me."

"Sorry," I said, as I tried to put my foot down.

I soon realised that we were all in the elevator. The ten of us. We were all squeezed up and the doors were closed.

"Okay, this is ridiculous," said G-Dragon who was standing close to the elevator buttons. "Why are we all in here?"

Daniel who stood in the middle of the elevator tried to move around but doing so with difficulty.

"Guys, have we ever been like this in the elevator before?" Daniel asked. "Like, the ten of us?"

"I don't think so," said Zoey, who stood in front of Mike, next to G-Dragon, close to the wall on the right.

"There is no space to move around," said Taeyang who stood next to Seungri.

"Gosh, this is when I've realised that this elevator is too small!" Christine squealed as she was squeezed onto the elevator walls to the left with Daesung next to her.

"Only eight people could fit in an elevator," I said, my foot still throbbing in pain. "But sometimes, all that depends on the size of it."

"Sam! Can you please stop hopping around?" Mike asked. "You're pushing me."

"And pushing me," said Zoey as she twisted her head to look angrily at me.

"Sorry, guys," I said, still holding on to Seungri. "It's not my fault that Mike's got a huge foot the size of a boulder."

"Hey!" Mike sounded annoyed.

"Are we close to the ground floor yet?" Daesung asked.

We all looked at the elevator monitor and realised that we hadn't moved at all. We then turned to look at G-Dragon who was standing by the elevator buttons.

"Oh, ah..." G-Dragon scratched the back of his head. "I didn't press the button to the ground floor."

"JI-YONG!" We all exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter