Chapter 5: The Beauty of Seoul

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on, Zoey, they're waiting for us in the lobby, and you're taking time like you're dressing up for the royal ball," I said as I leaned my back against the wall next to the door of our room.

"You know I need to look good for G-Dragon, Sam," said Zoey from inside.

I rolled my eyes at what she said. The others had already left to go downstairs soon after breakfast, and at that time, Zoey wasn't even ready yet. We're running late for our tour, and I didn't want to miss a thing.

"Are you done yet?" I asked. "You don't have to look like a princess, you know. It's just a tour."

"Hey, I don't want people to think I'm a tourist. I want to look fabulous."

"You can look fabulous later when G-Dragon asks you out on a date. Can you please hurry up? We've got five minutes till nine." I looked at my wristwatch and started tapping my foot on the floor impatiently.

"Zoey, if you don't come out in ten seconds, I'll drag you out of there, even if it means you looking like a clown," I warned.

No sooner had I said those words did the door fly open, and Zoey stepped out of the room. She wore black skinny jeans, a pink top, and a black jacket. She wore black wedges, which to me seemed pretty high, and she carried along a black purse studded with colored stones. As usual, she wore makeup.

"Aren't those wedges a little too high?" I asked as I looked at her. "Your feet will get tired. The jacket and fancy purse make you look like you're attending some important meeting."

"Hey, I'm perfectly fine like this," said Zoey as she twirled herself around. "And besides, you know I can last for hours wearing heels, so the wedges aren't a problem. What if I trip and G-Dragon catches me? That will be so romantic."

"If you land on your face, I'll make sure to take pictures and post them all over social media, and everyone will laugh all day long."

"Haha, very funny," said Zoey sarcastically as she furrowed her eyebrows at me. "Let's go. The others must be waiting."

"I was waiting for you to say that," I said as I led the way to the elevator after Zoey closed the door to our room.

A few seconds later, we found ourselves in the lobby. Just like any ordinary Sunday, it was quiet and pretty much normal. Thank goodness the paparazzi and reporters weren't around. I wonder where they are. Most of the people we found in the lobby were the working staff. It looked like people didn't really move around so much on Sundays like they do back home. That felt like a good thing.

As Zoey and I walked over to the front doors of the hotel, we found Collins and the others waiting outside.

"It's about time," said Collins as we approached. "You take way too much time to get ready, Zoey."

"Thank you, Collins," said Zoey, brushing him off. "I know I look fabulous. You don't have to tell me."

Daniel and Mike shook their heads in disbelief as Christine and I laughed. Collins rolls his eyes and looks the other way. Lee, however, looks on at Zoey.

Earlier on, I wondered why there were no paparazzi or reporters around. They were outside the hotel gates. I hadn't noticed until I heard screaming from the fans. Security is tight this time around. The gates leading to the hotel were closed, and the guards stood there to not let anyone in.

"Aren't they supposed to be here by now?" Mike asked. "It's already nine o'clock."

"Don't worry, they'll be here," said Lee. She stared at the gate. "Oh, look. Here they come now."

Three black BMW SUV cars appeared at the gate, and the fans were screaming like crazy.

As I continued to look towards the gate with the guards trying to make way for the cars to drive through, I suddenly felt nervous. Everything that happened yesterday came rushing back into my mind. From the time I woke up this morning, I had been so oblivious to the events that had taken place. I haven't gone online to see what people are talking about. Obviously, it's all about BIGBANG and The Toxins, so I wouldn't check even if I wanted to.

I got so lost in thought that I didn't notice the cars pull up in front of us. The next thing I knew, someone was whispering in my ear.

"Hey, where is your head this morning?"

I jump in fright, and when I turn to see who it is, I furrow my eyebrows.

"Don't do that, Ji Yong," I said as I hit him on the arm. "You almost gave me a heart attack." G-Dragon smiles at me, and I look away, still feeling angry. I'm not going to fall for his charm this time.

"I'm not going to get a good morning from you, then?" he asked.

"Don't mind her, GD," said Zoey as she came to stand right beside me. "She doesn't want anything to do with you."

"Oh really?" G-Dragon asked as he folded his arms. "I would like her to say that to my face; then I won't bother her ever again."

I am startled. I can't look at him and say that. Furthermore, I'm just going to stammer. Not only that, but I have to admit, he had the skills and charms to make people shy and nervous.

"Come on, B.K. I'm waiting," he said in a sing-song voice. Is he mocking me? I'm still not looking at him, but I could feel myself blushing. What the heck is wrong with me? I'm supposed to be upset, not blushing!

"I'm not doing this," I said and walked away, heading to one of the cars.

"Morning, Seungri," I said to him as he jumped out of one of them.

"Morning, my panda," he said cheerfully as he pulled me into a hug.

"Panda?" I blushed, as he still had me in his arms. I then remembered that he loves pandas.

"I hope you had a good night's sleep. We're going to have a long day together," he said after we broke away from each other.

"Let's just hope you don't get me into trouble while on tour," I said.

Seungri took a step toward me, closing the gap between us. I could feel his breath on my face, and for a moment, I wanted to just stay there. But I'm in a dangerous position here. I want to move back, but he quickly places his hand on the small of my back. He pulls me closer so that our bodies touch. I just hope no one is seeing this.

I swallow as I continue to gaze into his eyes. We were so close. If I made one wrong move, I might kiss him. I wonder if that would be a good or bad thing. I blush at the thought of it. Seungri notices and smiles. Damn! That makes me want to kiss him more. Wait, where did that thought even come from?

"I know I'm trouble," he whispers, "but you're also one because you're messing with my mind right now."

I'm speechless. I've never felt so captivated by words in my life. This is so stupid and freaky. I need someone to save me from this. But then, I want to savor this moment a little longer.

"Excuse me, am I interrupting?" came Taeyang.

Thank goodness. I let out a sigh of relief when Seungri broke away from me. If I had to refer to anyone as my guardian angel right now, it's Taeyang.

"You came just in time," I told him, my cheeks still blushing. "Tell me Collins didn't see that."

Taeyang pointed with his thumb behind him, and I saw Collins talking over the phone with his back to us. Phew! That's a relief. I looked over to see if anyone else had seen what had happened. Lee and Christine were chatting with T.O.P. and Daesung, while Zoey, Mike, and Daniel were with G-Dragon. It looks like I'm saved from all the trouble. But I knew it was going to catch up to me in one way or another.

"Ah, come on," said Seungri. "You ruined my moment."

"You could've gone somewhere more private, then," said Taeyang with a smile on his face. That made me feel even more embarrassed.

"Well, I'm just glad you interfered," I said as I tried to speak. Somehow, my throat had suddenly become sore.

"Okay, guys, we better get going," Collins announced. "We don't want to waste any more time."

I quickly went into the first car Seungri had been riding in. Collins, Taeyang, and Seungri followed. I sat in the front passenger's seat alongside the driver because I didn't want to be close to Seungri. Thank goodness Collins is also in the same car with me, or who knows what would happen without him. T.O.P., Daesung, Lee, and Christine got into the second car, and the others went in the third.

The cars drove away from the hotel building, and when we reached the gates, it was hard to drive through with the media and the screaming fans around. But we got out successfully and drove away.

It's such a beautiful Sunday morning, and it's lovely to see the city during the daytime. I just couldn't wait to see the lovely parks and the ancient palaces. As much as Seoul is now a modern city, it's still rich in the Korean culture of long ago, with its ancient palaces still standing. I can't wait to see one of them. I've always had a thing for ancient artifacts, architecture, and culture. Likewise, I wonder where I got that from.

We soon pulled over at the most extraordinary palace I've ever seen. As I looked out through the windshield, I couldn't keep my mouth closed. I had always seen such places in Korean movies and se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter