Chapter 37

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey boss, can't you sleep? Sehun joins Chanyeol outside the front doors of the hospital as they sit on a low wall that is surrounding some planted flowers. "I can't sleep knowing that Chen might not make it, his surgery has been going on for hours now". Chanyeol runs his hair through his hands as he finally rests them on his wounded thighs looking up into the pitch black sky sighing. "He will make it, he is a fighter. Oh remember how much he screamed when he saw you and baek against the wall kissing". Sehun says making them both laugh together remembering the moment.

"Remember that damn story he was reading on that wattpad page" Chanyeol laughs

"Yeah Minseok was delighted when the Author finished it so he could get some attention then, bloody hell he brought his phone with him everywhere so he could read it" Sehun smiles before the air around them turns quiet.

"Chanyeol" they both hear a soft sleepy voice making them turn around.

"Baek baby are you ok?" Chanyeol stands up trying to ignore the burning pain in his leg from his painkillers wearing off.

"I just had a nightmare, when I woke you where gone" Chanyeol reaches baek and hugs him tight trying not to hurt his shoulder. "I'm here baby I just needed some air that's all" Chanyeol runs his fingers through baeks hair making him relax in his embrace.

"I'm gonna head Inside to make sure Luhan is ok" Sehun says before heading back into the family room.

"Chanyeol I am so scared, what if he doesnt pull through or looses his voice" baek starts to cry into Chanyeol's chest making the taller feel even more worse then he already is. "Look Baek I know ok, I feel awful too your not the only one" Chanyeol raises his voice towards the smaller making Baek sob out more looking in shock at his bodyguard. "Hey there is no need for that" Kai appears hugging baek and guiding him inside as Chaneyol sits back on the little wall grabbing his hair in his hands feeling like the worst person in the world right now.

Chanyeol can't seem to stop going over every single detail of today and what he could have done better and is kicking himself on the inside of how he could call himself a bodyguard when one of the people he was protecting got hurt and might now ever sing again. He stands up walking towards a wall and punches it as he begins to let it all out as a tear falls from his eyes making him wipe his face in his sleeve. "Chanyeol" he hears a voice as he turns around to see Minseok looking at him with a blanket around his shoulders.

"Hey" he wipes his eyes before checking his hand as blood drips from it. "You might wanna get that checked out" Minseok says sitting on the wall looking up at the night sky. "Chanyeol I just want you to know this isn't your fault, it was Heechul's fault, so please don't blame yourself ok" Chanyeol can't look him in the eye and instead looks up at the sky hoping that Chen pulls through. "I'm so sorry Minseok,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter