Chapter 46

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting in Suho's office looking around as Chanyeol paces the floor making me more bloody nervous than I already am. I turn to hear the door open and our boss walk in. "Good Morning, how are we all?" Suho takes a seat as Chanyeol finally sits beside me at the table. "Good morning boss we have something we want to tell you" I look at Chanyeol as he takes a deep breath. "Boss I am pregnant and we are engaged". I blurt out, making Chanyeol look at me and Suho just freeze.

"Well ok that was not what I was expecting at all so shortly after having my breakfast" I watch as he doesn't shout or scream. All he does is press a button on his desk phone asking for some teas and coffees to be brought in. "Ok, so when do I become an uncle then?" he says, making me and Chanyeol smile looking at each other and relax more. "Wait, you're not angry at us?" Chanyeol says as Suho sits back into his chair smiling. "Look I can't change what has happened and CBX means the world to me. I can't stop them having a life of their own either. Congratulations to you both and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You have been through so much as a couple and to hear you are engaged now and Pregnant warms my heart" I begin to cry not expecting him to be nice at all about our situation.

"Baekhyun please don't be upset, all will be ok" he pushes a box of tissues my way as I take one out to wipe my eyes as the tea and coffee arrive with little chocolate biscuits on the side. "Hey grab a cuppa and a biscuit and we can talk more" he says, making Chanyeol reach and pour me out some tea passing it to me. "Thank you" I whispered to him knowing I wasn't very nice to him yesterday in the hospital. I sip my tea as I watch my boss and Chanyeol talk. I am paying no attention whatsoever to what they are saying. I am more concerned about should I go away for the break? that I told Sehun about or should I listen to his wise words and speak to Chanyeol about how I feel.

"What do you think about that Baek?" I get knocked out of my daydream and I look at my boss. "Sorry Suho, can you say it again?" I lowered my head a little as he just smiled. "I said why don't you two have a break away together while Chen is healing and it may bring you both closer together as I can sense something isn't right" Suho smirks as I look down at my cup. "You are right sir but I was thinking of going away on a little break back home alone to my mums for a bit to see my family. But I want to be here for Chen. He hasn't woken up from surgery yesterday as they want to keep him resting" I turn to see chanyeol turn his head away annoyed knowing I was going somewhere without him. "Maybe that's a good idea, you both might need a bit of time apart to decide if you can be away from each other and also it will give you both some time to miss the other" Suho smiles as I look back at chanyeol who now reaches out is hand and cups mine on the table. "If you want that I will do it. Anything you need or want I will give you Baekhyun. If it means not seeing you for a few days then I will do it" he looks at me with sad eyes as I look back at my boss. "Can i go see my mom?" I burst out crying, making Suho walk closer to me. "Hey, I'm not a monster of a boss. Go home, pack a bag and go be with your mom you have been through so much and sometimes all a boy needs is mommy to make things right again" Suho kisses my cheek as I look and see a tear fall down Chanyeol's cheek.

"Now that that is settled what is the news with the police?" Suho takes his seat again at the top of the table as I grab another tissue and wipe my tears knowing I have hurt Chanyeol with going away but I need this for me. "Everything is ok, no charges have been brought to us. I gave the USB key they requested this morning and they have arrested the boyfriend and the case is now closed sir" Chanyeol says all boss like making me smile a little remembering that's the guy I love.

"Well if there is nothing else then I think we move on. Get Chen better, have this baby and keep it quiet just for now from the fans. I will tell them when the time is right and when you both decide it's ok. As for now go sort yourselves out and come back in about a month's time and let me know how things are" he says as Chanyeol and I get up from the chairs and head off out to the lift in silence.

Reaching the car he holds open the door as I jump in while he closes the door and gets in the driver side as I put my belt on in the back. "Back to the dorm?" he looks in the rear view mirror as I look at him seeing the sadness in his eyes. "Can we go to the hospital first? I want to see Chen before I head off to my moms' ' he nodded his head and starts the car as we head off towards the hospital. The drive is so quiet as I just look out at the rain bashing against the window. "What time are you thinking of heading to your mums?" he askes me as I look back at the mirror so I could see him. "Maybe tonight about 7 I will drive myself there" I looked down at my hands looking at the beautiful hand made ring on my finger from him when he asked me to marry him. "Will you like to join me for dinner before you head off?" he asks, before I look back up at him. "I would like that yes' 'I smile softly at him as he smiles the same back before looking out at the road ahead as we arrive at the hospital.

Sneaking in the back of the hospital again we make our way to Chens room seeing him sitting up in the bed with Minseok ,Sehun and Kai all around him. "Oh my god you're awake" I rush over to him gently hugging him as tears fell down my face. "They wanted to wake him to make sure all was ok. We were going to ring but we knew you needed to see Suho" Minseok says, making me cry tears of joy that my best friend is awake. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here when you woke up. Chanyeol and I needed to see Suho '' I sniff as he reaches for my hand squeezing it tight before letting it go and reaching for his phone.

Are you ok, was Suho mad?

"No he was really ok about it actually. He was happy for us. ''I turn to see Chanyeol as he just stands there in full bodyguard mode showing no emotion.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter