Chapter Two

Until Forever

We move to my couch and he discusses everything.

“What?” That’s all I can manage to say.

“He wanted to me to marry who?” I said while looking at the copy of his will. I mean, I gave almost half of my life to this company, but if I don’t marry him, all his fortune will be donated to some charity that I don’t know? wow.

“Wait, he wanted me to marry this idol to have the company?” I asked and he nodded.

“Mr. Song even agreed to this.” He said making me pissed off even more.

“I need to see him, now.” I said as I stand up.

“He doesn’t want to see you not unless important.” He said and I stomp my feet out of frustration.

“Damn that old man. He really wanted me to be miserable.” I said.

“Tomorrow at 7 pm, you will be meeting him.” He said.

“Why would – “

“If you don’t meet him by tomorrow, your car, house and even cards will be suspended.” He added. Making me angry, wow.  I heard my phone ringing and it was harabuji.

“harabuji!” I said out of frustration.

“Tomorrow, don’t forget.” That’s all he said and hangs on me.

“That’s chairman, that’s all I can do. I am your friend, but --” he said and patted my back to somehow comfort me and leaves.

 

 

I finish everything on time today, at 6 I was done with everything, let my staff know that ill be back by 8 ‘cause we needed to finish a lot of stuff.

“Yes ma’am.” kim biseo said and I move out. I am wearing Alexander mcqueen off the shoulder cotton dress for this causal dinner with his parents and my harabuji, I dont even wanted to know if my dad will be there. I drive all the way to our hotel to meet them up. I am 30 minutes late because of bad traffic.

As I arrive I saw them talking, with bunch of stuff.

“Anneyeong haseyo.” I said and bow down; by the way I am on my flats, so I am smaller than the usual.

“Aigoo. My little baby.” harabuji said and I hug him on his side.

“This is our little baby, Song Eun Yeong.” Harabuji said and I smile to them and bow to them.

“This is our little kid, Kwon Jiyong.”  His mother said and he bowed down as well.  I take my seat next to my dad.  He is infront of me.

“Did you came from work?” Mrs. Kwon asked and I nodded.

“Yes ma’am. I was caught off to work and traffic, sorry for being late.” I said and place the table napkin on my lap.

“Aigoo, call me auntie. you don’t need to be so formal as we are going to be a family.” She said and I smile awkwardly. The waiter place the food and a glass of wine for beside me.

“I’ll just have a glass of warm water please” I said.

“I heard you are considering to have an idol model for your department store.” Harabuji asked and I nod while trying to cut my steak but I don’t really feel like eating today.

“Deh. But the PR team will be on it. We are still on search thou” I said and sip the glass of water.

“How about them?” Dad asked as I look at Jiyong sshi. He looks tan.

“I’ll consider, Dad.” I said.

“Are you usually busy?” His dad asked.

“Not usually Sir, I mean, Uncle.” I said and smile.

“Not usually? This kid make her office as her home. “ Harabuji said while laughing. I inhaled and smile awkwardly. I heard my phone vibrating, I check who it was and it was from the office.

“I’ll just excuse myself.” I said and stand to make my way outside.

“Deh?” I asked Kim biseo.

“Ma’am sorry for this, but our French investor back out from the deal that we would signed by tomorrow.” he said.

“What?” I said.

“They didn’t like what’s on the contract and they’ll be back in France in two days. ” I inhaled deeply.

“Alright. Go home with everyone, we’ll discuss this tomorrow morning.” I said and hang up, I know this will be a long night.

“Harabuji.” Is all I can say. This old man trying my patience here.

After the phone call, I make my way inside. I need to look relax and not angry. I take my seat and says my sorry. I look at harabuji talking to Mr. Kwon.

“You okay?” Dad asked, and I nod. After the long dinner that they chit chat at, I barely touched my food. This is so stress.

“Today is so great. Let’s schedule our golf next weekend?” Harabuji asked Mr. Kwon. I was just behind them walking together with Jiyong sshi. We are on our way to the valet. 

“Sorry about this.” he said making me look at him.

“They caught me off guard.” he added and I nodded.

“I know, we are both on the same thing.” I said.

“Let’s meet some other time to finish this stuff. I'll call you instead.” I said and bow to him, we were waiting for our car to arrive.

“Thank you for today little miss.” Mrs. Kwon said and I smile to them.

“Take care as you go home, Mr and Mrs kwon.” I said and bow to them and they make their way inside their car. Jiyong sshi have his own car ready.

“We’ll get going sir.” he said and bow to us before he enters his car. Harabuji is looking at them as they are out of his sight before he looked at me.

“I thought you didn’t like this?” harabuji asked.

“I know this is part of you threat to make me loss the company that I’ve worked for how many years. ” I said and smile at him.

“I’ll date him if that’s what you want, just bring back those French investors.” I said and walk to my car.

“And by the way harabuji. Next time don’t make your will as your threat to just marry me to someone you like, harabuji.” I said and move in to our of their sight.