When we're older...

A Hundred Pages

“One, two, three, four—”

 

“Five! Ha! You landed on a snake! You're going down!” Yifan cheered and stood to perform what he called “sick moves”. Across him, Junmyeon pouts but has to accept the temporary defeat as he slides back his yellow counter to the end of the snake's tail, the 19th box. He glares at the boy then at Yifan's red counter that stood proudly at square 52.

 

“Your turn.” He grumbled before tossing the dice towards a grinning Yifan. The said boy sits back down and rolls the dice.

 

“Six! Okay... Fifty-eight. Okay, your turn!” 

 

Junmyeon groans as his dice shows him that he can only move once. He grumbles but still moves his counter.

 

The game continues with Yifan getting farther and nearer to the finish line until Junmyeon's yellow character lands on a stair. The younger screams in glee. Yifan huffs but then changes his mind.

 

“Oh well. I love you so I guess I should be happy for you.”

 

“Yup! You should be!” He smiles widely before handing the dice to Yifan.

 

“When we're older, I'm going to marry you.” Yifan says nonchalantly, focusing on the board, wondering if he could somehow flip the dice over because it landed with five, and if he followed it, he will be at the longest snake's mouth! But how to divert Junmyeon's attention...

 

As the boy pursed his lips, his furrowed brows making him look more intimidating, Junmyeon blinks in confusion.

 

“We can't get married,” He says before shaking his head.

 

“And why not?” Yifan says, eyes still fixed on the game. Junmyeon huffs and crosses his small arms over his chest.

 

“Because it would be impossible! We're both boys!”

 

That causes the older boy to snap his head up and and stare at his supposed best friend as if he had just grown another head.

 

“My parents are both boys.” 

 

“Oh... But, but who's going to wear the giant white thing—” 

 

“Appa and Baba both wore white guy suits.”

 

“And who's going to throw the flower—”

 

“Appa did.”

 

“Who's going to give me babies—”

 

“I'm adopted.”

 

“Who will propose?! Because my dad did it to mom, my uncles to my aunts as well—”

 

“I just did too.”

 

“What will—” Yifan rolls his eyes because really, Junmyeon is being ridiculous right now and probably just wants to win another argument. So he ignores his ramblings and stood on his knees, leans towards Junmyeon and squeezes the boy's cheeks until Junmyeon's lips forms a figure of eight. He leans his head lower until their foreheads are touching. It would have been a romantic, coo-worthy sight but Yifan had his eyes wide open and boring through Junmyeon's confused ones.

 

“Shut up. We're going to get married and that's final. Okay?” Junmyeon nods slowly.

 

Then Yifan kisses his forehead. Junmyeon's eyes widens.

 

“Hey! Why would you do that?” Yifan leans back and returns to his game.

 

“Because Baba always does it to Appa.” Junmyeon can only whisper an “oh”. He pouts, once again accepting his defeat until realization struck him.

 

“If you proposed, where is my ring?” 

 

“Huh?” Yifan asks although his attention is still on the dice.

 

Where. Is. My. Ring?! You should be on your knees and giving me a shiny ring but you— hey that's cheating!” Junmyeon gasps as he sees Yifan deliberately flip the dice. Yifan froze.

 

“Uh oh.” And the older runs for his life.

 

“We're getting a divorce!” Junmyeon yells as he speeds after the other.

 

“Honey, why does Junmyeon know a lot about marriage?” Baekhee whispers to Chanyeol, who was grinning in amusement as the two children jumped from one couch to another.

 

“Ask Tao and his telenovelas, honey.”