Teacher Henry

A Hundred Pages

Yifan furrowed his bushy brows very hard, wishing to intimidate his friend. Junmyeon only glared back, obviously not affected.

 

Weird, Yifan thought. The other kids at school said it made him look scary.

 

The two remained their sharp gazes toward each other, occasionally shoving a spoon of cereal and milk into their own mouth. Luhan resisted the urge to laugh. 

 

Zitao cleared his throat.

 

“So, Junmyeon, what new words did you learn today?” Sehun asked,  taking a small sip from his glass of orange juice, ignoring the look of longing that Yifan sent to the drink. Unexpectedly, Junmyeon's cheeks reddened.

 

Yifan tutted, raising his spoon to his lips and off the remnants of milk from it. 

 

“He would learn something if he had listened to me, right Junmyeonie?” He tilted his head, blinking his eyes almost innocently at the younger. Junmyeon fumed, small lips pursing.

 

Yifan only stuck his tongue out at him.

 

Junmyeon looked like he was about to cry, lower lip quivering. Noticing this, Minseok dropped an announcement.

 

“Junmyeon, baby, we found you an English teacher.” 

 

As though their minds were connected, the two kids snapped their heads to Minseok simultaneously, mouths agape.

 

“A what?” 

 

“An English teacher. His name's Henry.”

 

“B-but I already have Yifan!”

 

“I am his teacher!”

 

The four adults could only stare at them in amusement. They exchanged glances as Junmyeon and Yifan continued on whining and complaining, the former getting down from his seat and making his way to the latter before clinging onto his shoulder.

 

But Minseok has made his decision. Sure, Yifan was good with English, but they needed a real teacher for their son as English is not really taught in Korean schools.

 

That night, Junmyeon practiced on pronouncing "th", mainly focusing on the word "thing" as Yifan was sure that was the only pronunciation he was bad at.

 

The next day was the day Junmyeon's new teacher would arrive. Yifan originally came every after lunch, since it was spring break, but today, he came early in the morning.

 

The two stayed by each other's side in the living room, waiting for said teacher. Their plan was simple, really. Glare and glare and glare at this Henry guy until he ran for his life. Yifan had done it to his babysitter once and the poor girl never returned.

 

See? It's foolproof.

 

But the moment Teacher Henry arrived, the two instantly got attached to him, their plan entirely forgotten. He was very nice and promised them ice cream after Junmyeon's lesson.

 

Before the lesson ended, Junmyeon wanted to show off the word he had been repeating again and again since last night. Yifan, proud that it was him who taught the younger, smugly crossed his arms over his chest and nodded at his friend.

 

“Okay, show me what you got.” Henry prodded.

 

Junmyeon took a deep breath and...

 

“Fing!”

 

Yifan smacked his own face into the tabletop. 

 

***

Hey guys! Guess who finished first on the math test? Not me lol.