Stupid Me

A Hundred Pages

Yifan knows that what he's doing will absolutely get him a smack on the head from his mother but he was desperate. Months, months of lusting after a guy who doesn't even know if a Wu Yifan or a 6ft tall Asian dude existed. For months, he's been crushing on the neighboring building's owner, Kim Junmyeon. 

And Yifan would make a move, he seriously would, if the guy weren't so occupied all the time with his job or his dates. Yes, dates. But fortunately for him, none of those gorgeous women and men were able to put a smile on Junmyeon's face. 

He too is yet to see the man smile. 

I'll probably die if I did. 

But I would die a happy man. 

Right now, Yifan was, as casually as possible, trailing behind the shorter man. He knew where he was headed to, of course. His eyes, though meters away from the window of their office, had witnessed Kim Junmyeon venturing out to the small smoking area outside of the huge cafeteria. He would smoke there for a long time, and although Yifan hated anything unhealthy, he could never deny how y the CEO looked like when swirls of grey escaped his parted lips. 

As they are finally at the smoking area, Yifan tries not to vomit as the smell of nicotine hit his nostrils. Junmyeon pulls out a black chair from one of the tables topped with an ash tray and seats himself comfortably. Yifan follows suit, acting as if he were not nervous and feeling stupid. 

Junmyeon then takes out a pack of Marlboro from his pockets, pulling out a cigar then lighting it up with a lighter. Yifan watches closely as the man coolly places the stick between his pink lips and inhales, sighing softly as he releases the smoke from his nostrils.  Yifan forgets how to breathe. 

How can one be so y even when doing unhealthy things? 

As if getting struck by a lightning bolt, he remembers why he is actually there and hastily pulls out his own (new) pack of cigars and a lighter that he had stolen from Jongdae. 

his lips, he tentatively sticks the cigar on his mouth and lights it up. 

This should be easy. Smoking looks y. Junmyeon will notice me for sure.

He in from the cigar and... 

“Oh god, are you okay?!” 

No ing way. He is not ing okay. 

Yifan burst into a coughing fit, the dark gas irritating his lungs in ways that will most probably kill him. His eyes tear up and he clutches his chest.  He might as well cry right now. 

Except Junmyeon had his hand on his shoulder, his eyes full of worry.

***

Yifan bites his bottom lip and lowers down his gaze in shame. He is so stupid. So ing stupid. 

“Why would you that? You're obviously not ready for it.”

They were both inside the cafeteria, and Junmyeon had gotten him a glass of water after giving his back a few good hits to get his lungs calm. That didn't mean his heart did though. 

“I, ugh...”

“Look, if you wanted to ask me out on a date then you could've just told me.”

“I— what?”

Junmyeon rolls his eyes at him and hands him a small card. 

“I've noticed you, Wu Yifan. I'm off by 8 this evening. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a cigarette to finish.”

Yifan felt like a fish out of water. 

But it was all worth it. Because by the end of the night, a happy and blushing Junmyeon was kissing him softly, a small moan at the back of his throat, and a second date agreed upon to.