Plushies

A Hundred Pages

If Yifan had laser eyes, the plushie shelf could have exploded just a while ago. He couldn't choose at all. He had been in an internal war with himself about which he should get, the gorgeous husky or the cute wolf? He wants both, very much so, but they were too expensive and for now he can only afford one. He knew that he could just get one and come back for the other but the two were both so adorable that he knew he wasn't the only one who wanted one and that means anyone can just take it now and it will be gone. 

One has to be better. 

But it was impossible. 

He bit his lip and furrowed his brows further. 

Wolf or husky? 

I never had a wolf... 

As his mind engaged in another debate, he did not notice the gasp of a small child.

“A wolf! Appa! Appa, I want that!” 

Yifan felt as if someone slapped him to Earth as he sees a pale hand unceremoniously grab the wolf plush and disappeared with it. 

His head snapped to his left and saw a boy skipping with the said stuffed toy in his arms, an adult following closely behind. 

Oh no. 

He had just decided on taking the wolf one. 

Oh hell no! 

He stomped towards the man then placed a hand on his shoulder before harshly pulling to face him. 

“Excuse me but—”

“What the hell?”

Yifan felt his throat dry up as his eyes took in the sight before him. Snowy complexion, pink-tinted cheeks, bright almond eyes, and such tempting pink lips... 

Beautiful.

The gorgeous man shoved Yifan's hand off his shoulder.

“What?”

“Appa, I think the ahjussi just wants to be friends!”

Ahjussi punched him out of his reverie. 

“I'm not an ahjussi!”

And wait, did he just call him appa? 

This man is married? 

“Look, man, if you're just going to stare at me like that, we'll take our leave. Nice to meet you. Come here, Sehunnie.”

The man starts to walk away, and Yifan was still rooted on the floor, when the child tugs on his father's sleeve. 

“Appa, why don't you give him his number? He looks like your... what was that? Aha! Your type!” 

Yifan felt the most pleasing swoop in his stomach at the kid's words and the blush that took over the man's face. 

Sehunnie purses his thin lips and nods to himself, running his small eyes from Yifan's head to his toe. 

“He's tall, very tall like a giant! And he wears bling blings and he—”

“That's enough, Kim Sehun, we're going home.” The man turns away quickly and pulls his son with him. 

“My name's Yifan! Wu Yifan!” He calls out to him.

To Yifan's delight, the man pauses on his tracks and reluctantly turns toward his direction. 

“Junmyeon... Um yeah, that's it...” Then he reaches down to his pocket and grabs a small piece of paper then hands it to son. 

The young boy happily makes his way to Yifan and hands the card to him. 

“Call appa! He can get very lonely and sad—”

“Sehun!”

“Coming! Bye, Mr Wu!”

“Bye...”

He could not stop his grin and his palm tingled as he held the card. 

Well, husky it is then. 

And perhaps some flowers.