Am I still dreaming?

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol stirred in his sleep. He wanted to get a few more minutes of sleep but the incessant ringing of his phone was making it impossible to do so. He reached for the annoying device and glared at the name flashing on his screen. He swiped the green button and held the phone against his ear. “What?” he grumbled, clearly miffed he was awoken from his sleep. “Good morning to you too, princess!” Jisoo, his annoying yet still tolerable of a best friend, singsonged from the other line. Seungcheol just grunted a response as he slowly sat up from his bed.

“Just want to tell you that Jun and I are turning in your street right about now,” the other told him. He could only roll his eyes at his best friend’s way too cheery voice so early in the morning. “So get your royal out of bed now!” Jisoo continued, ignoring Seungcheol’s obvious grumpiness. The latter nodded his head. “Yeah, yeah,” he replied and then hanged up, not bothering to wait for Jisoo’s response at all. He knew he was grumpy and didn’t have to throw his frustration at Jisoo but he had always hated mornings. It was admittedly one of his weaknesses.

Sighing deeply, Seungcheol dragged himself out of his bed and started to get ready. He already knew this day was going to be a long one.

 

**

He stared at his reflection on the mirror. There were dark circles under his eyes,  a clear indicator of his struggle to sleep on most nights. Insomnia doesn’t look good on him.

Seungcheol was only eighteen but he felt older than his age at the moment. He was being paranoid. He knew he shouldn’t be stressing about entering university but he honestly couldn’t help it. There was something amiss in his life that he couldn’t pinpoint or explain and his impending future was weighing heavily on his shoulders; it was honestly a lot to take in.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips.

His thoughts then wandered off towards last night. Shiny silver hair and dark brown almond eyes entered his mind. He rolled his eyes and scoffed. Clearly it was only a dream. A guy floating in mid-air? That was beyond impossible!

He shook his head and splashed some cold water onto his face. “That was just a dream, Choi Seungcheol,” he told himself. “You’re obviously too stressed out lately, maybe that’s why you’re confusing dreams with reality,” he said, looking straight into his own doe eyes.

With a nod and feeling refreshed, Seungcheol went out of the bathroom. On his way back to his room, he could faintly hear Jisoo’s voice from downstairs, most likely talking to his mother. Jisoo had always been such a talker. He could only amusedly roll his eyes.

He changed into light distressed jeans and a simple white shirt. He then grabbed for his favourite red cap and wore it, hiding his light brown hair.

Dyeing his hair had been a weird whim. Although the bleach was awfully painful, the colour it turned into was pretty nice. Seungcheol thought he looked good with light hair. His mother thought otherwise.

He then took his duffel bag and slung the strap over his shoulder. Seeing as he got everything, he grabbed for his denim jacket and jogged down the stairs.

“See you in four days, mom!” Seungcheol told his mom as he kissed her cheek by way of a greeting. “What about breakfast, Cheol? I know Busan is only a few hours away but you guys still need to eat something,” the elder woman commented.

Seungcheol was about to reply but Jisoo had beat him to it. “As much as we want to, Auntie, but we really do need to get going. Our check-in time is at lunch and if we miss it, we don’t know where we’ll stay!” he told her. But the elder still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter