Something intriguing

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He had always been searching. Gazing through the crowds, looking for something. For what, he doesn’t exactly know but deep inside the recesses of his mind, there was something he just had to look for.

Desperately.

Painstakingly.

He wanted to find it.

Needed.

Maybe that’s why he took up Sociology. He wanted to study the society, understand the numerous complexities in the various social norms and personalities in order to find whatever it was he’s looking for – or quite longing for.

It has been a habit of his ever since he could remember; he was looking for something. Or rather for someone.

He has no idea why he felt like he’s searching for someone yet somehow he does. He always does.

He was looking for that person – a blur of a face he could never quite remember other than the rapid beating of his heart whenever he’d try to dredge up his memories. It was intriguing for him, the endless search for a faceless person buried so deep in his mind; Wonwoo was only eighteen yet somehow he felt like he had already lived for a hundred. He was curious, honestly quite passionate to uncover the memories suppressed in his unconsciousness. He wanted to know. Oh how desperately he wanted to know indeed.

 

**

Wonwoo leisurely sipped from the red cup in his hands, Taeil’s new concoction slowly going down his throat. He could taste the strong kick of vodka and something bizarrely sweet and sour mixing in his tongue. His brows furrowed together slightly. The taste was beyond amazing as per Taeil’s usual mixes but he wasn’t fond of it. He preferred something less flashy, the taste of alcohol a tad hidden in the drink; something like a fruity cocktail or just plain old freezing beer and he’d be content. He liked to keep things simple.

His gaze curiously scanned the crowd. He was leaning against a wall, drink in hand, whilst observing the many familiar and unfamiliar faces roaming around the floor. Johnny’s apartment wasn’t huge per se but somehow, the limited space of his living room could cater to the endless stream of people going in and out of his friend’s humble abode. Even the kitchen didn’t seem too crowded.

He could make out the faces of his friends through the dim flashing lights. Taeil and Seungcheol were at the kitchen, the latter being the Chemistry major’s designated taste tester for the night. Wonwoo was sure he’d be carrying his roommate’s drunk home. He didn’t mind much. Seungcheol seemed to be going through something ever since he’d met the other – as to what it was, Wonwoo had no slight clue. His roommate always had an air of detachment in his opinion; a trait Wonwoo could wholeheartedly empathize with.

Jeonghan was chatting with his classmates whilst Dongyoung looked on the dance floor, most probably watching over his enthusiastic dancer of a boyfriend. Said boyfriend was doing a dance battle with a silver haired guy whilst Ten was at the sides, cheering for the both of them. Wonwoo had a glimpse of the other dancer and was slightly surprised at the familiarity tugging at his heart. There was something about the silver haired which stirred something at the back of his mind. There was indeed a strange sense of familiarity swirling inside of him. He anxiously gulped and tried to calm his nerves. He’d observe the silver haired once his mind – and somehow heart – would freaking calm down.

His eyes then moved towards where Johnny stood. He was at the DJ booth, his back to the dance floor and was talking animatedly with the jockey he had booked for the night. Wonwoo listened to the upbeat music blaring through the speakers. It had a good rhythm which had him banging along the beats. The DJ tonight was surely a talented one, he thought. His friend picked a banger tonight.

Johnny then bumped fists with the DJ and left, disappearing into the crowds. He’s the host after all. His friend was most likely entertaining somebody else at the party. Or just flirting with some guy or girl. Johnny was flexible as far as he knew.

White blond hair then suddenly caught his attention. His gaze froze at the DJ booth, seeing a small stature with headphones on his ears and hands playing with his equipment. Wonwoo’s heart started to stutter crazily, as if wanting to leap out of his chest. His hand unconsciously grasped tightly the red cup he was holding. He didn’t even notice the liquid spilling from his hand and onto the floor. He didn’t notice anything at all except the way the DJ’s nimble fingers beautifully created the beats. The loud music

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter