Easier said than done

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To anyone watching, they might think the young lad silently watching the waves was enjoying the sea breeze like everybody else visiting Taejongdae. He has his eyes focused on the rolling waves beneath the rocky cliff, his gaze seemingly transfixed and mesmerised with the vast blue of the sea. His posture was relaxed and calm, giving off the impression of serenity and youthfulness in his stature. With the sea, cliffs, and clear sky as backgrounds, it honestly looked like he was posing for a photoshoot. But in truth, he definitely was not.

Choi Seungcheol was not enjoying the breeze like the other people around him. Choi Seungcheol was not watching the waves. Choi Seungcheol was not posing for a photoshoot. And for certain, Choi Seungcheol was not calm. Nor was he relaxed. He was seriously far from it.

Unbeknownst to everyone but him - and maybe Hoshi too, Seungcheol was struggling with an inner turmoil an ordinary eighteen year old might not have to ever deal with in their lifetime. His mind has been replaying over and over the events from last night and his earlier conversation with Hoshi in their room. It wasn’t a dream. Hoshi really was a fallen star. He honestly couldn’t believe it.

His gaze went to the source of his whirring mind. Hoshi was laughing and joking around with Jun whilst Jisoo was taking pictures of them and the scenery. Seungcheol pursed his lips pensively. At least his friends were having fun, he humorlessly mused.

A sigh escaped his lips. He closed his eyes and let his thoughts wander back towards his and Hoshi’s conversation earlier.

 

**

“W-what?” Seungcheol choked out. He wasn’t sure he heard it right. “You’re a what?!” he asked, his voice slightly rising in slight panic. Hoshi flashed him a cheeky smile, his eyes turning into crescents. “You wanted to confess to the one you love,” he repeated Seungcheol's wish which made the latter blush in embarrassment. “I heard the sincerity from your wish and so I came to you,” he continued, ignoring Seungcheol’s gaping expression. “I want to help you fulfill your wish!” he concluded, smiling even wider.

Maybe Seungcheol had gone deaf from always listening to loud music. Did Hoshi seriously say he was a fallen star? The fallen star he had wished upon the night before? And that he came here to become Seungcheol’s freaking Cupid? He scoffed at incredulousness of it all.

Seungcheol liked joking around like any normal person would but the other’s prank wasn’t funny. Not one bit. He suddenly felt an unbearable emotion bubbling in his chest. Choi Seungcheol was pissed!

He glared at Hoshi, his nostrils flaring in anger. “You think it’s funny, don’t you?” he growled. His fists were closed tightly at his sides. Seungcheol was barely containing his anger. “I don’t know how you knew about my wish - and I seriously don’t care how you did - but back off will you?” he furiously spat. “I don’t need any help confessing - nor do I want to confess! So shut up with all that falling star nonsense! It’s not funny!” he finished, chest huffing and nerves frayed with adrenalin.

Hoshi just stared at him, a pout on his lips. Seungcheol released a sigh. He rarely gets angry and if he does, it tires him out emotionally and mentally. He sifted a hand through his light brown hair and huffed. “We should get going. Jun and Jisoo are probably already waiting for us in the lobby,” he mumbled, turning around towards the door.

Before he could even get a step forward, Seungcheol suddenly found himself disoriented. The room had flipped and he was floating - more like dangling - in mid-air. He yelped in surprise.

He flailed his arms helplessly, trying to right himself and have his feet plant themselves on the floor. His attempts were sadly futile.

Hoshi snorted from where he was standing. He walked towards Seungcheol and made him turn towards him. “Do you believe me now?” the silver haired asked, eyebrow raised.

How can he not? He was hovering in their freaking hotel room! Seungcheol nodded his head furiously.

The silver haired then snapped his hands and Seungcheol felt gravity again. He closed his eyes, waiting for his head to hit the floor, but the expected impact did not happen. Seungcheol’s body turned itself - like a clock’s hand - and had him standing with his feet finally on solid ground. He sighed in relief.

Opening his eyes, his gaze met with twinkling almond eyes. Seungcheol couldn’t help the scowl which automatically appeared on his face.

“Remind me not to get in your bad side,” he said, lips slightly pouting.

Hoshi just laughed a hearty laugh. He threw his arm over Seungcheol’s shoulder and pulled him towards the door. “We better get going then. I bet Jisoo and Jun have already started eating lunch without us,” he stated, amusement clear in his voice.

Seungcheol just let himself be pulled by the other. Somehow he knew that’d be the way things would be. Hoshi, after all, is a star. Things gravitate towards stars, right?

 

**

They were walking around Nampodong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter