What happens, happens

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A strange stillness had enveloped the two, merely the waves of the ocean and the sounds of the night could be heard. They hadn’t uttered a single word since their earlier conversation and the silence was getting rather awkward and stifling. Seungcheol then moved to lie down at a lawn chair in their balcony instead of just leaning on the railway. With an arm behind his head, he stared distractedly at the starry night. Hoshi had copied him, lying on the chair just beside him.

Seungcheol tried to resolutely return to his stargazing but he would always find his gaze straying towards Hoshi. It seemed as if the silver haired - like the star that he was - was a burning fire and Seungcheol was an enraptured moth; he was drawn to Hoshi like how a moth is drawn to flames. He honestly couldn’t help it. How fitting, he thought with a wry smile.

He closed his eyes and tried to calm his frayed nerves. He breathed in deeply and exhaled quite heavily. He wanted the things which has had his mind boggling and whirring to leave his system but regrettably, his attempts were futile.

His heart was still stuttering inside his chest unabashedly like a drum. Thump thump thump it kept on beating loudly and annoyingly, as if his heart wanted the other to hear its incessant stuttering; Seungcheol didn’t know what to think of it anymore.

He then glanced at Hoshi. The silver haired now had a smile playing on his lips, the familiar twinkle back in his eyes. Seungcheol wondered what he was thinking of. He glanced back towards the sky and followed the imaginary line of the Big Dipper, a pensive expression appearing on his face. Drawing the constellations in his head had always buoyed Seungcheol’s mind after all. He pursed his lips in deep thought.

After a while of deliberation, Seungcheol sat up on his chair and turned to Hoshi. “Ne Hosh,” he said, staring at the silver haired with all the seriousness he could muster. Hoshi glanced at him, a curious brow raised in question.

It was hard to ask what he wanted to ask - he was seriously close to emptying his stomach out of his dinner - but Seungcheol knew this was a question he needed to be answered. He gulped and stared at Hoshi, his determination and curiosity piqued.

“What happens when my wish is fulfilled?” he finally asked. Hoshi furrowed his brows, seemingly confused with his question. “Then you and Jihoon would live happily ever after,” the silver haired answered with a confused frown. Seungcheol shook his head, biting down hard on his bottom lip in order to stop himself from also frowning. He somehow didn't like that particular answer. “That’s not what I meant,” he told the other. He sifted a hand through his hair and huffed. Seungcheol’s doe eyes then met with Hoshi’s almond ones. He was seriously getting right into them, he was sure of it.

He nervously gulped and finally asked: what happens to you when my wish is fulfilled?

Hoshi was surprised of his question to say the least. His brows furrowed together as he pursed his lips in thought. Seungcheol just stared at him, heart going into staccato with each second passing by. Somehow he knew the fulfillment of his wish would depend on Hoshi’s answer and honestly, Seungcheol was slightly dreading it. He waited with bated breath as Hoshi mulled over his answer.

“Well...” the silver haired drawled out, looking a bit hesitant at Seungcheol. “Well?” he gently prodded. Hoshi had stood up and was now leaning on the railing, his fingers distractedly playing with a ring Seungcheol just noticed was on his pinky. He raised a curious brow at Hoshi to continue.

Hoshi looked away from his stare and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter