Understanding feelings

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world seemed to be shaking. His head swayed back and forth, back and forth over and over, making Seungcheol a tad dizzy and uncomfortable. His brows furrowed in confusion. Earthquakes weren’t supposed to be like this, he thought drily. The shaking then stopped and started again, seemingly more urgent this time. Seungcheol groaned, his annoyance rising. He realized it wasn’t really an earthquake – the shaking was someone waking him up. He moved away from the annoying hand shaking him. Even without opening his eyes, he already knew who was trying to wake him up. He burrowed himself further into his blanket, wanting to cocoon himself from the world. Seungcheol was not in the best of moods to face reality at the moment.

“Coups-ya!” the voice then cooed near his ear. “Coups-ya!” It was coaxing him to open his eyes, tickling his ears. The voice was soft, sweet – seemingly like cotton candy, honey. Seungcheol almost gave in. But he knew he shouldn’t. So he kept his eyes adamantly closed and moved further away from the culprit.

Hoshi then huffed at his stubbornness. Seungcheol relaxed a bit, thinking the silver haired had had enough and would finally let him sleep in; but of course, it was Hoshi. The silver haired was as dog-headed as he was. He should have known the star wouldn’t just give up without much of a fight.

All of a sudden, Hoshi unceremoniously plopped his body over Seungcheol’s. The latter yelped in surprise, eyes wide and wild. His stare was met with dark brown eyes sparkling with mischief. His eyes squinted, glaring at the cheeky grin on the other’s. “Get off me,” he growled, trying to roll off the silver haired off of him. Hoshi shook his head and just clung onto him, not letting go despite Seungcheol’s attempts.

Hoshi laughed, the shaking of his body also shaking Seungcheol’s; that was when he knew he couldn’t stay frustrated at the silver haired for much longer. Hoshi, albeit a ball of pure annoyance at times, was endearing and lovable most times. He internally sighed. He wouldn’t ever win against Hoshi; he knew that now.

He then stared at the silver haired, a little bit dazed. Hoshi had his eyes closed, still laughing with happy tears staining his cheeks. Unconsciously, Seungcheol wiped a tear away.

This was then met with surprise by the silver haired. Hoshi stared at him with his mouth hung open and his eyes wide. Seungcheol froze, realizing the intimacy of his action. He smiled bashfully at the silver haired, his face flushing to the tips of his ears. Hoshi smiled back at him, his smile warm and bright. The silver haired then pinched his cheeks, squishing them a bit.

Seungcheol felt his heart hammer inside his chest. He hoped against hope Hoshi wouldn’t notice the wild stutter of his heartbeat.

Hoshi then finally rolled off of him. He stared down at Seungcheol, eyes still twinkling with mirth. “Let’s eat breakfast!” he told him. “It’s our last day in Busan. We better make the most of it!” he exclaimed, practically beaming. Seungcheol just nodded his head, chuckling under his breath.

Their conversation last night had struck a chord in his heart. Seungcheol then decided to make the best of every moment he still has with the silver haired. He could prolong his confession, subtly stretching out their time together as much as possible.

To Seungcheol, it didn’t matter Hoshi was a fallen star and he considered the skies as his home; he knew deep down in his heart the silver haired belongs on Earth with them. He just need to convince the star to think so too.

 

**

The sun was high up in the sky, its bright glare blinding Seungcheol even with his sunglasses on whenever he’d look up. He adjusted his sunglasses on the bridge of his nose and basked in the salty air. Since it was their last day in Busan, they all decided to have a lazy day in the beach. Busan, after all, has one of the best beaches in South Korea. He gazed to wher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter