Christmas surprise

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol felt like a fish out of water. He was used to dressing up for occasions. His parents usually made him attend various functions. They were practically invited in each and every party and function held by their business partners and friends. Suits and ties, he had grown up wearing them. Yet tonight seemed to be one of those suffocating nights. He loosened his tie, breathing in deeply the December air.  He didn’t mind the chill that ran up his spine – he welcomed it to be quite honest.

Sounds of chatter and laughter flittered through, the spirit of Christmas overwhelmingly loud and clear as family and friends gathered. It was Christmas Eve and was a few hours away from midnight. Everyone was obviously enjoying themselves, aside from him.

He oddly felt detached from the merriment. His mind was elsewhere; daydreaming, wandering, searching. Physically, he was there yet his heart was off to God-knows-where. A sigh then escaped his lips. He honestly knew where it was – or where he most wanted to be.

Silver hair and crescent moon eyes came to mind.

It had been a few days since the showcase; days since the talk in the balcony; days since he had last seen that frustrating cheeky grin; days since he had last laid eyes on that annoyingly twinkling gaze. Another sigh left from him. He missed him. He missed Kwon Soonyoung. Terribly and achingly so.

He ruffled his hair in frustration. He hated how love-struck he was with the dancer. In just a month, the silver haired had taken hold of his mind, heart, and maybe as well as his soul. He was in love. Freaking in love with Kwon Soonyoung of all people! Seungcheol was royally whipped! He was man enough to admit that to himself. But he was still not man enough to actually admit it out loud.

Admitting your feelings to yourself was freeing in itself but admitting it to others was a different kind of horror. He wasn’t scared to admit it because of the judgment he’d surely get, but more of on the fact that saying it oud loud could solidify the growing feelings he already has for the silver haired. Seungcheol knew it was futile but somehow keeping the feelings to himself was also a way for him to still deny the truth – even though he already knew wholeheartedly that it was true and clear as day. He’s just stubborn like that.

His thoughts were interrupted by Junhui’s voice. He almost forgot they were at his friend’s house for Christmas. Jun’s uncle was holding a party for family and friends, and Seungcheol’s family was obviously invited.

“I’ve been looking for you!” the Chinese said, eyes filled with relief. Seungcheol was sure his friend was worried about his disappearance. Although they haven’t talked about it, he was sure Jun had already noticed something was wrong with him.

Seungcheol smiled apologetically at his best friend. “Just needed some fresh air,” he poorly explained, shrugging his shoulders.

Jun clicked his tongue at him and grabbed for his arm. “You wouldn’t believe who’s here right now!” he said as he pulled Seungcheol back into the house. They walked through the long hallways – Jun’s house had always been huge, even after growing up together Seungcheol wasn’t still used to its expansiveness -  and greeted some of the guests along the way.

Even inside the ballroom – typical old money family house honestly – Jun still h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter