Feelings are hard

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol stared at the night sky, a sense of contentment filling his heart. He was still up surprisingly not because of his insomnia. No, for the very first time in months, he wanted to stay awake. His body was just filled with lots of energy, an adrenaline rush still pulsating in his veins so vividly strong; sleep was the last thing he wanted to do.

They had spent the entire day walking around Gamcheon; trying out the different cafes, capturing the colourful streets, buying things of all sorts, and overall having a splendid time with each other.

The little village was unique in a sense wherein everywhere you turn, the streets would be filled with colourful paints and murals, hippie cafes and stores, and even bizarre trinkets handmade by the owners themselves. Gamcheon reeked of art, passion, and culture - they absolutely had a good time wandering its streets.

Seungcheol had spent majority of their time talking to Jihoon. The two had bonded over their chosen university, Hanyang, and then they moved to music, hobbies, sports, family, friends, and even their favourite teachers in high school. He had also shared about his worries for the future - he hadn’t even mentioned a slight of worry to Jisoo and Jun but Seungcheol somehow felt the blond was the right person to share it with. And he was right. Jihoon was kind enough to provide a listening ear and had even gave some helpful advice for his anxieties to lessen.

By the time they had sat down in a quaint Chinese restaurant along the shores, Seungcheol had shared every bit of detail about him to the blond and vice versa; it was seriously and amazingly strange how quick the two had bonded, as if they were two peas in a pod who could understand each other instantly. He then knew Jihoon would be a part of his life. Seungcheol was honestly grateful.

Dinner was once again eventful for their group. There were smiles and laughters from everyone; Seungkwan, Seokmin, and Hoshi were their unofficial gag trio whilst Jisoo were their manager a.k.a. hype master. Seungcheol, Jun, and Jihoon were the audience, and the three dutifully applauded as their impromptu show came to an end. Dinner was truly a fun affair and definitely a moment they all would deem memorable for years to come.

He closed his eyes as a smile then graced his face, warmth spreading throughout his chest just by remembering the moments he had shared with his friends. In just two days, he had smiled and laughed so much that his cheeks were aching and twitching. He had honestly forgotten how long it has been since he last had this so much fun with his friends. It had seriously been a while.

Seungcheol was happy. Undeniably and contentedly happy. He was honestly b with happiness and it was somehow overwhelming.

He knew he should just bask in this happiness but there was a nagging thought creeping up in his mind. Happiness doesn’t last long, it keeps on repeating over and over inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter