Star light, star bright

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He should have been asleep by now. They were leaving for Busan in the morning for a little adventure and albeit the short car ride, Seungcheol still prefers to be well-rested for the almost two-hour travel.

Tonight seemed to be not his night though as sleep was annoyingly hiding from him. Seungcheol stared at his bland white ceiling, noticing again the blotches of cream from years of accumulated dust whilst his mind hazily wandered off to here and there. He blinked once, twice and then sighed for how many times that night. He couldn’t sleep no matter what he do.

Maybe it was his nerves keeping him wide awake, he thought to himself. He turned to his side and cocooned himself further in his duvet. He had graduated from high school a few months ago and would be starting university in the fall. Unlike his other classmates, he had opted for a later start in order to regain a bit of his strength and enjoy his momentary carefree life. He was spending his days teaching little kids on how to play basketball for the summer, a job which didn’t exactly seemed like a job to him.

He had played the sport ever since he was young and had been part of his school’s team for almost the entire duration of his school life. He was even made captain during his senior year in both middle school and high school. He had been pretty popular because of that and had even been scouted from a number of universities. To his father’s - as well as his coach’s - disappoint though, he had politely declined the offers, wanting an ordinary college life. His mother had never been so proud of his youngest.

Seungcheol wasn’t a bad kid. He was a good student, had many friends, and has a pretty outgoing personality. Logically, there was no reason for Seungcheol to be nervous with starting university. School hadn’t been exactly hard for him yet somehow, just a teeny tiny bit, the idea of entering university and paving a path towards his future was a bit overwhelming.

Was he excited? Or was he anxious for his new environment? University is different from high school, especially the ones in Seoul. But a school would always be a school at the end of the day. There wouldn’t be much difference aside from the pressure they all would surely be experiencing. He’s honestly confused why he’s so bothered about it all.

He then grabbed for his phone and squinted to check the time. It was a little half past four in the morning. His friends would be picking him up around nine and by the looks of it, Seungcheol wouldn’t be able to sleep a wink at all. His nerves were just too all over the place for his body to even think of relaxing. He laid his phone back on the nightstand and sighed again. “No use in trying,” he mumbled to himself as he made to get out of his bed.

He took out a thin cardigan from his closet and wore it over his nightshirt before openin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter