Mistakes

Shape of Love

The end of the class finally arrived. Jimin went straight after changing in the clubroom hoping to see Seulgi again there. When he arrived, he was relieved to see her inside with her club members flocking to greet her after 3 days of absence. Though he was far, he was happy seeing her smiley face.

"Yah, Park Jimin! Come here!" Kai who was beside Seulgi called which grabbed Seulgi's attention. Jimin slowly went to them with his eyes fixed to Seulgi's eyes but she avoided his eyes and shifted her attention back to the other members.

"Our Taminie will debut very soon. Isnt it awesome?" He announced to him which surprised Jimin.

"Jinja? That is so cool dude, Congratz!" He said hugging his friend. He was very happy hearing the news.

"Thanks man." Taemin replied.

As usual, the three gathered again for talks but his eyes keeps glacing to Seulgi's direction who never bothered to look at him again. It hurts but still he is relieved.

The chatters died down when the upperclassman arrived. They were too happy to see Seulgi that they didnt bother to get her explanation about her absence. Instead, they asked Lisa to teach her the choreography that she missed especially the part where only the girls will dance. Her sunbaes know her talent and passion in dancing thats why they were confident that she will learn it fast eventually.

Jimin on the other hand also amazed them by his rapid improvement in dancing hiphop. He was an interpretative dancer afterall but his passion and talent made him one of the top male dancer in their club along with Taemin, Kai and Jhope.

After more than hour of dancing, the club decided to have a break. Everyone was resting except for Seulgi who keeps on practicing to master the dance so she could keep up quickly.

Her hard work and dedication is one of the traits that attracted Jimin to her. He stared her lovingly from a far, admiring everything even the tiniest thing about her. Her fierce eyes, sweating face and messy her pull him more closer to him. She was the only person he loved and still loving, buy sadly, she will never going to his anymore.

"Shes really hardworking and good, one of the things I like about her." Taemin suddenly said who was beside him and also watching Seulgi.

"Too bad we can never be." He casually said with a smile but surprised Jimin.

"Why did you say that? You should confess first so you will know." Jimin forcefully replied.

"I already did but as expected she rejected me." Taemin replied and chuckled which surprised Jimin more.

"Taemin..." he can only say as he imagine how painful would Taemin feel. He was once brokenhearted and then found a new love but was rejected.

"Yah! Dont you dare stare at me with pitiful eyes, being shock is enough." Taemin replied jokingly and chuckled.

"Dont worry about me. Jinja Im really fine. Lets start practicing too, I feel inspired seeing Seulgi working hard." Taemin added as he noticed Jimin's uneasiness. He also messed up his hair and smiled a little.

"Okay." Jimin replied with a small voice and nodded. He dont know what to feel. He really love his friend, and seeing him rejected hurts him so much. He took another glance on Seulgi who timingly met his eyes. They stay staring at each other for a minute but he broke it and turned away from her, again.

After the club practice, Seulgi was preparing to go home when she felt a familiar figure behind her. She turned around nervously but bravely as she faced the guy who had hurted her so much.

"Seulgi..." Jimin called.

"Wae?" She coldly asked.

"Can we talk?" Jimin asked and Seulgi nodded. The two headed to the bus stop silently with an ackward atmosphere.

"What is it?" Seulgi asked as they stop but not facing the boy.

"I heard rejected Taemin. Why?" Jimin asked with coldness in his voice.

"Why do care?" She annoyedly countered which also annoyed Jimin. He faced her with his angry eyes.

"Because Taemin is a dear friend of mine. You couldve been considerate and tried to consider him but you didnt. He was heartbroken once, but knowing that he likes another girl again makes me happy that Ive given up my feelings too you and you ruined it and hurted my friend!" He furiously said but Seulgi remained silent facing the ground. Her silence made him guilty and aware that his words may have hurted her again.

"Seulgi... so-sorry" he apologizes softly now calmed, regretting his words. But she remained silent and faced him with the same level of anger.

"So you avoided me because of a FRIEND? You hurted me because of a friend. You made me fall for you but you didnt catch me. You held my hand but you let go. All because you want a friend to be happy and not hurt because of our feelings. You left me hanging for a friend!" She blurted out which surprised him.

"Seulgi..." he called again guiltily.

"Am I not a friend to you? If you dont want to hurt Taemin because he was your friend you could have considered my feelings as well. I was very hurt that I cant stop crying everyday. I was so jelous with you and Dahyun that I cant even go to school. I patiently waited for you for an explanation but you didnt gave any. Now you saying that you gave up your feelings to me was because of a friend is just BULL!" She angrily said as uncontrollable tears falls in her face. Jimin felt it and realized how wrong he is. He hugged her tight and wanted to say sorry but Seulgi pushed her away.

"Its my first. Youre my first love. And it hurts so much." She added and stared at his eyes with her sad eyes and tears started to flow.

"Mianhe Seulgi, Jinja mianhe." He said trying to hold her this time but she avoided him.

"Continue on avoiding me and dont you ever talk to me again." Seulgi said coldly. On cue, her bus came and she left Jimin hanging, not looking back on him.

A week had passed. The school got busier especially because of the incoming festival which is only days away. The student council became more chaotic than before. Irene became more stressed and tired. But good thing is that Taehyung was always beside her helping her and making her smile.

"Sunbae , here, drink this." Tae offered a strawberry milkshake as she sat on the chair and massages her aching temple.

"Gumao Taehyung-ssi" she said and smiled accepting the strawberry milkshake from Taehyung.

"I thought the preparation in our club was hell, I didnt know that this was more torturing." He said referring to the student council duties.

"Now you understand our shortcomings." Irene said and chuckled.

"But indeed it looks like everything will be satisfying." He said and smiled which made Irene smiled too.

"Last year was the worst for me, I thought I wouldnt be able to keep up since I became the vice president but good thing you are here with me." She said and smiled again which made Tae smiled again too.

"Im glad I could be a good help to you." He replied.

"You know, Im really gonna miss you, the festival is your last day of punishment right?" Irene asked and Tae sadly added.

"I guess Ill be the first one to arrived in the council's meeting again." Irene said and chuckled.

"Maybe." Tae said and smiled a little. He was happy being always with the girl he really adores. Seeing her feels great but being with her and talking casually is heaven to him. Now, the nearing end of his duty is arriving and it makes him sad.

"Since your duty is ending, we should work harder to make it meaningful to you. Lets make more good memories." Irene suggested and smiled brightly which made him forget the sadness of the nearing end.

"Alright sunbae." He replied and smiled a little again.

Despite the school's busy sched, Jungkook and Yeri still manages to meet with each other. Every lunch break, instead of going to hyungs, Jimin and Taehyung, he goes straight to Yeri to accompany her to the cafeteria with Joy. Then they usually ate separately because of their hyungs and unnies but will meet again after eating to go to their favorite spot. As they walk together there hand and hand, they notice a familiar person siyting there. It was Jimin sitting quietly with a sad eyes staring blankly at the open field. They were angry because of what Jimin did to Seulgi but they cant help but pity him. Thats why instead of avoiding him, the two went closer and sat with both his side. This surprised Jimin since he knows how annoyed they are to him. He was about to say something but was stopped by Jungkook.

"This is our spot hyung, cant you see our names engraved on that tree?" Jungkook said pointing at the tree were "Jungkook + Yeri" is written inside a heart.

"Isnt that too cheesy?" Jimin asked as he chuckled with the couple's doings.

"We learned it from you oppa" Yeri teased which made them laughed.

"Mianhe Kookie and Yerimie if I wasnt able to keep my promise on not hurting Seulgi. I know that both of you loves her so much like a real sister but I was an idiot that time." Said Jimin with a sad tone.

"Will you please explain it to us hyung? We were there helping you to win Seulgi noona's heart but why did you backed off like that?" Jungkook asked.

"I did it because I was too selfish. I backed off for a friend just to feel happy for him but I ended up hurting her. Now, she is the one avoiding me" Jimin confessed.

"I regretted everything. I hurted her so much and I hurted her more. I love her jinja, I really love her." He added this time with pain evidently noticeable in his voice.

"Oppa, we cant promise that we could help you again but please remember that even though we got angry we are here for you." Yeri said which made Jimin smiled.

"Atleast I see that you two get along too well. Dont be like your oppa and hyung, love each other and never ever let go what ever the reason is." Jimin said.

"Thats really our plan hyung. Were not like you." Jungkook jokingly said and they laughed together.

That after lunch was different today. They catched up with Jimin which they really missed. Afterall, they love him just the same with Seulgi. They treat him like a real brother too.

When lunch break was nearly done, Jungkook walked Yeri to her classroom. When they arrived on the front door, Jungkook held Yeri's hand hand the kissed her in her forehead not minding all the eyes of the people watching them especially Sana and her other firends.

"Ill pick you up later." Jungkook said in Yeri's super red flushed face and she could only nodded then he left.

"Ill pick you up later~" Joy teasingly repeated poking Yeri's tickilish side which surprised her.

"Your boyfriend really is a show off." She added which made Yeri chuckled with her as they entered their class.

"I love him that way." She replied

"Sana was shooting daggers at you again. She must be very jelous. I know now that she was bullying before Yerimie. Why did you keep it to yourself? I can protect you, you know that." Joy asked when they sat together which surprised her.

"I just dont want to be a burden." Yeri replied and Joy squeezed her hand.

"I thought I can keep it to myself. Ithought I can overcome it, but I was wrong. I was scared to them so much that I really want to asked for your help but I really dont want to involved you all. But dont worry Joy-ah, I am not scared anymore. I have Jungkook now." Yeri proudly said which made her smiled.

"I still cant believe that you both would end up together. You were like cats and dogs who always gets on each others nerve. But Im glad that it was Jungkook. I know he can and he will protect you Yerimie, I feel relieve." Joy said and smiled which made Yeri smile too.

After class, at the dance club room, everyone was very serious and busy with the incoming festival. They wanted to have a performance that they will never regret especially Seulgi. She works extra extra hard to keep up because her parents would go as far from the overseas just to see her dance.

She practices during the morning, lunch break and even afterclub activities. She was so dedicated in perfecting her moves even with her aching body. But, today as she sway her hips, and turn her body, she ended up twisting her ankle which caused him to fall. This surprised everyone as she clench her legs tightly shouting with pain. Jimin worriedly ran to her along with Taemin, Kai and Lisa. He was about to carry her when Seulgi pushed him away.

"Dont you dare touch me!" She hatefully said and screamed again because of pain. He froze with her action while everyone was shocked too especially their friends, Kai, Taemin and Lisa.

Seulgi screamed again with pain which pulled their attention. Quickly, Taemin and Kai help her to sit up. Then, Taemin carried her in his back and rushed her in the school's clinic leaving Jimin who was still frozen.

"It was just a minor injury but you should rest it for two weeks to recover faster." The doctor in the clinic said.

"But Doc., we have a performance on the dance festival, I needed to participate." Seulgi fraustratedly said.

"Im sorry ms., but you cant or your injury might get severe and worst you might end up not able to walk forever." The doctor exclaimed.

"But...." Seulgi uttered but was cut off by the doctor.

"No buts ms. Kang, its also impossible for you to walk normally with only 3 days rest. Please do as I say for recovery." The Doc. Said and prescribe her a medicine. He then talked to Jhope, the leader of the club and discussed about cancellation of her participation in the performance.

"Seulgi the doctor is right, you should rest. You can do better next year." Hani said to Seulgi who is nearly crying out of fraustration.

"Mianhe." She can only say for ruining the performance and Hani hugged her for comfort.

On the other hand, the class was dismissed early due to what happed to Seulgi. Everyone was preparing to go home except for Jimin. Taemin went beside him after taking care of Seulgi.

"I think we should talk." He said and Jimin nodded then followed him into the corridor where seldom people walked there.

"Is Seulgi alright?" Jimin asked worriedly and Taemin nodded.

"It was just a minor injury but it will take 2 weeks before she can fully recover." Taemin sadly replied.

"Does that mean..." Jimin asked but was not able to complete his sentence.

"Yes, she cant perform in the festival. She was sorry and devastated with that. She worked so hard for the performance and that happened." Taemin faintly smile with Jimin remaid silent.

"Chim chim, can I now ask what happened between you and Seulgi? You two were so close but recently you look like youre avoiding each other. Ive been wondering and worried about that." Taemin then asked.

"I-its my fault." Jimin only answered.

"Both of you started not talking to each other the day after the our noraebang. The day when I.... told you my feelings towards her...." he said as he realized something.

"Dont tell me..." Taemin said with surprised evident in his eyes and Jimin could only tightly closed his eyes and nodded.

"I like Seulgi too Taemin. Ani, I love her so much."he conffesed.

"Then why didnt you?...." Taemin asked unable to finish his question again.

"It took you years to overcome your ex girlfriend. It took you years to like another girl. Thats why Ive given up my feelings for you. I left her hanging after she fel for me." Jimin confessed with pain in his heart.

"Wow, I thought youre very smart chimchim but you really are a fool yet the nicet one." Taemin said then smiled at Jimin.

"I confessed to her expecting nothing Jimin. I know she only likes me as a friend and Im debuting soon thats why I confessed. Ive already got over with Naeun but not because of Seul. I like her because of her passion and kind heart but not deep enough for a relationship. Still, Im thankful to have a friend like you but please dont ever give up a person especially if its love because not all can have that. Think about it Jimin." Taemin added then messed up with his hair and left cooly leaving Jimin in deep thoughts.

"I guess I really am an idiot." He said in the air as he stared blankly outside the windows looking at the orange sky because of the setting sun.

Meanwhile, Taehyung and Irene stayed the school until the sun was down. They were too busy with the mountains of approval but gladly, they finish those request.

"That was tiring." Irene said stretching her arms and legs.

"Sunbae, should we grab snacks first before we home? Im hungry." Tae lied because of his desire to be with her longer.

"Nice way to ask for a date. Lets go." Irene joked catching his plan.

They went to the cafe again and bought cakes and drinks. They talk more nonsense stuffs until they finsih their meal. When they were done, they walked together to the bus stop and sat.

"Oh, its my bus now. Thanks for your hardwork and the company Tae, see you tommorrow." Irene said when the bus she will ride was near and Tae nodded.

When the bus stopped and opened Tae suddenly grapped her hands which surprised her who was just about to get in. She stared Tae first then their hands and back to Tae. Tae was then surprised and he immediately let go.

"Ahhhmmmm I , ahmmm, go home safely sunbae." He said scratching the back of his neck because of his shyness.

"You too." She nodded and replied then get inside the bus. She cant help but stared at him from the inside and chuckled as Tae keep slapping himself.

She then held her chest as she felt her beating heart remembering what happened earlier. Without a single hesitation as she close her eyes then opened it again, she admitted that the boy has already have a huge effect on her.

 

________________

Mistakes may be sometimes beautiful, but mostly it is painfully  regretful