THE BEGINNING OF SOLO CAREER

Can You Hear Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

We got nagged at a lot as we returned home after than tiring tour together all day.

“Umma, I need to go down to Seoul now.” I told her, “I will see you all again next time.” I bowed to them.

“Let’s go, my manager just called too.” He came putting on his coat too.

“Take care you two.”

“Let us see your faces from time to time.” My grandma said.

“Sure, goodbye.” I waved and went with him, hurrying to the train station.

 

“Thank you Jiwoong-ah, for the ride.”

“Don’t mention it.” My oppa said.

“Oppa see you later.” I gave him a quick hug and hurried to book a ticket and catch the train.

 

We rode the train together back to Seoul.

“Are you done for real?” he asked me first while looking outside the window.

I nodded after digesting what he meant by that, “Unfortunately yes.”

“It seems that he was the one that broke up with you.”

“Something like that.” It was hard to admit that. I wanted to say, ‘We broke up because of you, he thinks that I love you.’ but I didn’t want to ruin this relationship as well, based on fake facts.

“I never expected that.”

“What about you?” then I sarcastically laughed, “Why bother asking, after couple of months she would come running toward you saying that she still love you, and you just fool-like would embrace her back.”

“Ya, aren’t you way too much?”

“Your heart has ‘Always Welcome’ graved into it,” I glared at him, “Why don’t you ink that once.”

“No, for me it’s the end for real.” He said seriously.

“You always said that.” I rolled my eyes and looked through the window.

“This time is for real, I ended it with her.”

“You?” again I said sarcastically. “It’s just if you’re saying the nation has united.”

“Don’t believe it if you don’t want.”

“What? Are you for real?” I sensed his forehead, “Are you sick?”

“Stop it Kim Taeyeon.” He shrugged my hand with a serious expression.

“Why?”

“I had enough with her.”

“After 6 years? Why didn’t you continue on? There’s not much left for the 10th anniversary.” With sarcasm I commented.

“Are you done mocking this oppa?”

“No.” I rolled my tongue at him.

“I regret coming with you now.”

“Go to her then.”

“Ya!” he got pissed off for real.

“What? This is the oppa that I’ve lived with for 10 years already.” I stated a fact, “Every time, she was your escape.”

He looked at me for couple of minutes, without creating a sound.

“You forgot to take the song.” He gave me a flash driver.

“Thank you.”

“Make it top the charts.”

“It was written by you so sure it will.”

“Oh, are you really Kim Taeyeon that I know?” he was surprised, “You never praised me on anything.”

“I have to cater you, since you gave me something Kwon oppa.” I acted cute for a moment and regretted it.

“I will have to write songs for you from time to time to get treated properly like this.”

“I want to sleep, wake me when we arrive.”

“Ya, I’m your oppa.”

“So, what?”

“Nothing, sleep just sleep.” He was pissed off.

 

As we reached Seoul, “Unnie!” I saw my manager.

“I will see you later.” He told me.

“Oppa,” I called, “Thank you.”

He smiled and went first.

 

While we had a meeting about choosing the title song of my solo album, some were good, but nothing could top my Kwon Jiyong’s writing and composing skills.

I included a song that I had received couple years ago, which is named ‘UR’ the emotions that are required for this song are really incredibly hard to achieve just at the moment of holding the mic, that’s why I didn’t release it back then when I received it, I was so happy then, I didn’t know the meaning of love then, but now after being in this storm of mixed emotions that can’t be categorized by day and night, I think it’s the best solution to solve this storm is by singing this song to settle down my feelings. 

“So, we have ‘UR’ and ‘Gemini’ for now that are approved for this album.” The head manager said, “What about the title?”

“Shouldn’t it be a ballad title?” one producer said, “Since it’s Taeyeon.”

“Should we make UR as the title song?”

“No, here is my title song.” I gave them the USB driver that we worked with that night together.

“You wrote one?”

“Pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter