Chapter 9

A Pack's Story

"Shinwon," said Kino as they were both making breakfast. "Hm?" Asked Shinwon. "I know you said you were okay with me being... Me, but," said Kino as he looked down. Shinwon sighed. "Don't worry about it," he said. "I don't know how many times we've been through this but," he said. "I know I know but," said Kino as he focused on making breakfast.

"Seeing Kangmin is giving you second thoughts?" Asked Jinho as he walked into the kitchen. "That and my old insecurities are back," mumbled Kino. "I will tell you what I've told you thousands of times before," said Shinwon as he focused on cutting the vegetables for the omelettes. "If I was having any second guesses for this relationship, I'd've left long ago," he said. "You out of all people should know that by now, I've put up with you being jealous for a long time you know," he said, chuckling some.

"Oi!" Said Kino as he pouted, throwing a piece of carrot at Shinwon. "I had a lot of reasons to be jealous all those times before!" He said. "Sure sure," Shinwon said with a chuckle. "Most were unreasonable," Jinho said with a snicker, causing Kino to pout more. "Come on," Kino whined, turning back to making breakfast.

Jaehwan, Seongwoo and Jihoon walked into the kitchen with Cory and Jisung not too far behind. "Having fun?" Asked Jaehwan. "No," said Kino as he shook his head. "It's just Kino being Kino," Jinho said with a chuckle. Shinwon went to throw the vegetables in the pan after Kino started making the omelettes. "Here," said Kino once all the omelettes were done. Everyone grabbed a plate and went to eat in the livingroom.

"So," said Jaehwan. "When are you going to see Jaehyun and his pack?" He asked. "Probably tomorrow," said Jinho. "We'll be heading out today to try and look for a place," he said. "Granted they say yes of course," he added. "But we're keeping New York state in mind," he said.

"Getting that small of a territory is going to be a small issue," said Jisung. "How so?" Asked Kino. "There's a reason no one wants the area between Jaehyun, Joshua and Yongguk's territories," he said. "No one wants to be inbetween a pack of 'shifters and 2 packs of werewolves when there's rising tensions between all three territories," he said. "You're better off getting Chicago," agreed Seongwoo. "But keep your options open," he added.

"What kind of tensions?" Asked Shinwon. "Close proximity?" Asked Kino. "That'd be my first guess," he said. "Besides, from what I heard Jaehyun's kind of not open to visitors and most would go to Boston or NYC regardless," he said. "He does keep Ithaca on a sort of lock down," agreed Jihoon. "He's wary of any unannounced visitors," he said. "Especially when the dogs down in Washington state have been threatening his territory," said Jisung.

"Didn't you say you were with them for a short time?" Kino asked Jinho. "I wasn't aware they'd be trying to take other territories, but yes," said Jinho. "Finally had enough of their territory eh?" He asked. "It seems like it," said Jisung.

"Also, where did you even get that term from? Come on now, not all of us are like them," Kino said with a snort. "What? Calling you wolf 'shifters dogs?" Asked Jisung. "Picked it up from Sunggyu and I," Cory said with a snicker. "Well, any werewolf, vampire and non wolf 'shifters will call you dogs," he said. "I think I heard Hui refer to us as dogs once," said Shinwon.

"Well," said Jaehwan as he finished eating. "I'm going to pack up then," he said. "Good luck to you," he said, going to pack up. Seongwoo and Jihoon soon went to pack their things. "We'll see you around then," said Cory as he got up after he finished eating. "Good luck getting Chicago," said Jisung as he got up and went to help Cory pack.

"Did their vampires go hunting?" Asked Kino. "I'd assume so," said Jinho. "Let's get cleaned up here and get ready to head out," he said. "We need to wash all the sheets and make sure this place is clean when we leave," he said. "Okay," said Kino as he went to wash the dishes. Shinwon went to help while Jinho went to clean up the livingroom.

After getting changed into new clothes they headed out, going for a small drive around Chicago for a bit. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind it here," said Kino as Jinho drove around. "We'd have to make room to change to our animal forms every now and again but," he said.

"We could get a house on the outskirts," said Shinwon. "Near Lake Michigan," he added. "Suburbs maybe?" Asked Kino. "Have a big house but not too big," he added. "Just enough for us and a few guests," he said. "4 rooms?" Asked Jinho. "That'd work," said Shinwon. "Go see if there's any new neighborhoods," he said. Jinho nodded and started driving towards the outskirts of the city.

After a day of house hunting they headed back to the safe house, noticing that the cars Jaehwan and Cory had arrived in were gone. "Well, let's get to cleaning then," said Jinho. "They probably cleaned up their rooms but yeah," said Kino as everyone went to clean up and wash the sheets. They did plan to leave that night, after making sure Jaehyun was aware they were heading over there.

"How'd that conversation go?" Asked Kino once they were done cleaning and packing and were about to leave. "Well," said Jinho as he sighed. "He agreed to meet us, on the contingency that we help them with a small problem," he said. "A small problem that could end up being a bigger problem," he added. "Let me guess," said Shinwon. "The dogs that were in Washington are causing problems?" He asked. "Yep," said Jinho. Kino sighed.

"Don't tell me that us helping them is their way of agreeing to this?" Asked Shinwon. "Unfortunately," said Jinho. "I couldn't talk them out of it," he said. "Damn it Jaehyun," said Kino. "Behave alright? We're trying to get a territory here," said Jinho. "I'll behave," said Kino. "I won't like it one bit but I'll behave," he said.

"So, who wants to drive first?" Asked Jinho. "I will, I guess," said Kino. "Do you have their address?" He asked. "Yeah, here," said Jinho as he punched it into the gps on his phone before handing it to Kino. They got in the truck with Jinho sitting in the passenger seat and Shinwon in the back seat. Kino put the phone on the dock and started the truck before driving out of his parking space and heading towards New York state.