Chapter 15

A Pack's Story

When Kino came back to the world he was in the bed he was sharing with Shinwon in Jaehyun's pack house. He turned and spotted Shinwon laying beside him, fast asleep. He coughed, feeling the pain kick in as he fought back a whimper, turning and curling up into a ball. He then heard movement and felt Shinwon hug him from behind.

"I'm sorry," mumbled Shinwon. "I should've went with you," he said. "I know," said Kino as he coughed again, covering his mouth. "Why didn't you take the cure?" Asked Shinwon. "Because," said Kino. "I knew it would come back to bite me in the , those times I did it to Changgu," he said. "I'd rather live in suffering because it came back to me," he said. "I will never understand your reasoning," said Shinwon. "But I'm here, every step of the way," he said, tightening his grip on Kino. "Thank you," mumbled Kino before he out again.

The next time Kino became aware of his surroundings it was to someone putting a wet cloth on his forehead. He opened his eyes to spot Jinho sitting next to him with a worried expression. "How long was I out?" He croaked, coughing slightly as he moved to sit up. "Hey hey," said Jinho as he helped Kino sit up and give him some water. "You've been in and out of it for a few days now," he said. Kino drank the water, humming in response.

"What happened?" He asked after he was done. "Nothing," said Jinho. "Sungwoon and Jinyoung are still here," he said. "Jaehyun said it was up to us to make a decision of what happens to them, since you know, they're wolf 'shifters," he said. "And the decision on Chicago?" Asked Kino. "They wanted to wait until you were more aware before doing anything," said Jinho. Kino hummed in response.

"Is it a good day?" Asked Jinho. "I don't know," confessed Kino as he looked down. "I guess it is since I'm aware of everything again but," he said, sighing. "Hey, how's you and MJ's relationship going?" He asked suddenly. Jinho scratched the back of his head. "It's going fine," he said, smiling softly. "He made the decision to go back with us, wherever we decide to go," he said. Kino grinned. "I knew it'd work out," he said.

"So," said Jinho. "Are you up for eating?" He asked. "I guess," said Kino as he moved to get up, immediately falling back onto the bed as his knees buckled. "Okay, maybe food in bed," he said. Jinho shook his head. "Don't overwork yourself, I'll come back with food," he said before getting up and leaving the room. Kino was left to his thoughts as he sat up, moving to sit against the wall and stare at his hands which laid in his lap.

Shinwon walked into the room looking concerned. "You're finally back?" He asked. "Was I out of it for that long?" Asked Kino as he looked up at Shinwon. Shinwon nodded. "I'm sorry for worrying you," said Kino. "It's alright," said Shinwon as he sat down beside Kino. Jinho came in with food with Jaehyun following behind him.

"Good to see you awake and aware," said Jaehyun as Jinho gave Kino the tray of food. Kino hummed, nodding as he started eating. "Well," said Jaehyun. "I had a long talk with everyone," he said. "And I think our answer is yes, you can have Chicago," he said. "Granted you do something with the other dogs in the house but," he added. "We were going to discuss that," said Jinho. Jaehyun nodded.

"And uh, do you mind staying around for a few more days?" He asked. "I don't see myself moving anytime soon so," said Kino as he looked at Jinho. Jinho sighed. "If it's for this new pack yes we'll stay for a few more days," he said. "We all need to rest and house hunt in the mean time," he said.

"Kino," said Jaehyun as he turned to Kino. "Hm?" Asked Kino. "Thank you, for sending Seokwoo back and defending him from the others," said Jaehyun. Kino chuckled softly. "Well," he said. "I knew if anything happened to the pup then you'd kill me so," he said. "I wouldn't exactly kill you," Jaehyun said with a snort. "We know you would," Jinho said with a snicker. Jaehyun shook his head and left the room.

"So," said Jinho as he turned to Kino. "We managed to get Chicago as ours," he said. "We did didn't we," said Kino as he chuckled some. "Well, a promise is a promise," he said. "But bring MJ in here, since he's now a part of our pack," he said. "I'll go get him," said Shinwon as he got up and left the room. Kino went back to eating and ate what he could before putting the tray on the bed beside him.

MJ came back slightly confused with Shinwon behind him. "Oh!" He said. "You're actually awake this time," he said. Kino nodded, grinning. "Well," said MJ. "What did you call me in for?" He asked. "I made a promise," said Kino. "That if we were successful in getting Chicago that I'd reveal my human name," he said. "And now since you're with us, I thought I'd tell you too," he said. MJ nodded.

"Well," Kino said, taking a deep breath before looking at everyone. Jinho and MJ gave Kino an encouraging smile and Shinwon patted him on the shoulder. "My name isn't Kino, as I've said before," said Kino. "But my name is actually Hyunggu," he said. "Kang Hyunggu," he said. "Man, it feels weird to say my real name again," he said, blinking. Jinho chuckled some. "Well, it's a start," he said.

"Would you rather us call you Kino or Hyunggu?" He asked. "Kino," said Kino. "I've used the nickname for so long," he said. "It feels weird to be called by my human name now," he said. "Well," said Jinho. "As long as your comfortable with your nickname," he said. "Hey," said Kino. "If I wasn't I wouldn't've let Hongseok call me it in the first place," he said, laughing some. Everyone chuckled at that.