Chapter 14

A Pack's Story

Kino sported more bruises and a black eye, his upper lip being busted and small cuts over his body when MJ and the others finally showed up. "Don't you dare," said Kino as he sensed their presence, coughing up more blood. "They only left to get food, but they'll be back, Jisung has the cure," he said, spitting out blood.

MJ whined, taking a step forward. Moonbin growled, biting MJ on the tail and dragging him back. They were only here to see where Kino was. They couldn't take on 3 wolf 'shifters by themselves, it would be bad. They had to return with help. "Come back soon, I don't know how long I can last," said Kino as he fought down another coughing fit. MJ was forced to retreat for now, swearing up and down that he'd come back for Kino with the others. He ran back with Moonbin and Sanha following after him.

What they hadn't been expecting was Jisung and the others showing up. MJ, Moonbin and Sanha scattered, dodging out of the way of the three wolves. Sanha was nowhere near being their best fighter, so MJ shoved him off to the side, growling to get him to go home. Sanha whined, but complied as MJ and Moonbin distracted the wolves. They'd go down fighting that was for certain, attacking as a team and trying to buy Sanha some time.

Sanha could only run, that's what he was made to do. He was the quickest runner in their pack, being a messenger, so he pushed himself to get home. He heard the cries in pain from his packmates but he forced himself to run home. He soon made it, changing and not caring if he was as he called out to everyone. "They got Moonbin and MJ!" He called into the house. "God damn it," said Jinho as he ran outside, changing and going after the scents. Shinwon did the same thing. "Go inside and wait, we have this," said Daniel as he rushed out, changing and running after them. Haechan and Mark ran after them, with Haechan changing as he pushed to catch up. Haechan was a tracker, he could get to them quickly.

"God damn it," said Kino as he spotted MJ and Moonbin getting dragged over in human form. "Not you two," he said, coughing. "God damn Jinho is going to kill me," he spat. "I only have one syringe for the cure," said Jisung as he walked over. "Now, tell me who is taking Chicago and I'll leave one alone," he said.

"Don't do it Kino," spat Moonbin. "Shut up you," said Jisung as he walked over and kicked Moonbin in the side. Moonbin growled. "You kill me you have the entire vampire hunting association going after you," he spat. "I'd rather die here than give you any of that information," snarled Kino. "So be it," said Jisung as he walked over and cut the ropes away before changing and attacking Kino.

Kino's painful screams echoed through the forest, the drug in his system unable to let him change to try and fight back. MJ and Moonbin could only watch on in helplessness and beg for the others to get there soon. They hadn't been injected with the drug yet but here's hoping that the others would make it in time before they were given the drug.

Daniel's polar bear form charged into view with the other behind him with a roar, barreling into Jisung and knocking him away from Kino. Mark ran over and untied Moonbin and MJ from their ropes, holding his breath to try and not breathe in the scent of blood. "Go, we have this," said Moonbin. "You need to get away," he said. "Are you sure?" Asked Mark. "It's fine," said MJ. "We weren't given the drug," he said. Mark nodded and sped away once Sungwoon and Jinyoung had joined the fight, with Jinho and Shinwon taking them both on. Haechan changed, going straight to Kino and examining him.

Moonbin and MJ ran over to check on Kino. "Kino," said Moonbin. "Can you hear me?" He asked. Kino groaned in response. "I need to give you the cure," said Moonbin. "Hell no," spat Kino. "If this is my karma for doing the same thing to Changgu then I'll live with it," he spat. "I can't take the cure if you two have it," he said. "We don't," said MJ. "We were never given the drug," he said. "I'll live with it," spat Kino before he out, going unconscious.

"Haechan," said Moonbin as Haechan looked lost. "Go get some clothes, tell Jaehyun to find a stretcher or something and tell Jisoo to leave the house," he said. "Tell them to hurry here with it alright?" He asked. Haechan nodded, moving away and changing before running off, heading home.

The fight was just ending, with Jisung getting killed. Sungwoon and Jinyoung gave up after that, laying down and baring their necks in submission. Jinho and Shinwon were pissed, but moved away. Shinwon immediately ran over to where Kino was, whimpering softly. "He refused to take it," said Moonbin as he looked down. "He's not dead, but he sees it as karma for what he had done to your friend Changgu," he said.

Johnny, Taeil and Jaehyun ran over with a makeshift stretcher and clothes, following behind Haechan. Jaehyun and Johnny put the stretcher down, while Taeil went to see about cleaning and bandaging Kino's wounds. Jaehyun took off the backpack holding some spare clothes and gave it to Moonbin. Moonbin and MJ went to put on the spare clothes, coming back once they were dressed.

"The worst of it passed I think," said Moonbin. "He had stopped coughing up blood when we were dragged back," he said. "That's good then," said Taeil as he wiped down Kino and bandaged what he could see. Daniel kept watch over the two remaining wolf 'shifters, growling at them. "Daniel," said Jaehyun. "Back off a bit, they're coming back with us," he said. Daniel nodded, pushing the two to stand and quite literally shoving them in the direction of the others. Haechan waited until Kino was loaded onto the stretcher before leading them home. Jinho and Shinwon stayed in the back, with Johnny and Jaehyun carrying Kino home. Haechan lead the way with MJ and Moonbin keeping watch with Taeil in the middle behind Haechan but in front of Johnny.