Epilogue

A Pack's Story

Things became different after Changgu the puppy came into their lives. Kino was putting in the effort to take care of him on his good days, while Changgu did the same to Kino on his bad days. The pup stayed by Kino's side throughout all the bad days, not wanting to leave his master. In return Kino did everything to keep Changgu happy and trained him to be in tune with everyone's scents as different hunters and packs who didn't work for Kris passed through their residence when returning from missions, heading to missions, or just travelling in general.

When Hoetaek, Yuto and Hongseok announced they were coming over to see the new place Kino was having a span of really good days. Hongseok had gone to see Taehyun so Hoetaek took him and Yuto there before they headed to Chicago.

Kino was going through another good day as he took a walk with Changgu following beside him in the forest. He knew Hoetaek'd be here today but he couldn't help it. He wanted to enjoy the free time in the forest, and if anything Shinwon would come looking for the both of them anyway.

"You're going to like Hui," said Kino as they walked. "I wish Yanan had come along but someone has to man the coffee shop while Yuto is gone," he said, chuckling slightly. "I just hope Hongseok is doing okay, from what Hui had said he needed this break," he said.

It didn't take long before Shinwon had come to find them as Kino stood by the shore of lake Michigan, staring out at the water with Changgu standing beside him. "Hui's here," called Shinwon as he walked over. "Oh, already?" Asked Kino as he turned to look at Shinwon. "You were out here for most of the morning," Shinwon said with a snort. "Come on," he said, heading back. Kino and Changgu headed back after him, the both of them running ahead. "Hey now!" Said Shinwon as he ran to catch up.

"Hongseok!" Yelled Kino as he tackled Hongseok. "Oof! Hey Kino," said Hongseok as he laughs, quickly balancing himself as he almost fell over. "You're energetic today," he said. "I've had a span of really good days," said Kino as he grinned before moving away. Changgu barked, his tail wagging in excitement. "Hello puppy," Hongseok said in a baby voice as he bent down to pet the dog.

"This is Changgu," said Kino. "Ah, hello Changgu," Hongseok said, chuckling some as he moved away. "Come on, the others are inside," he said as Shinwon finally came into view. "Damn you two are fast," said Shinwon. "You're just slow hyung," Kino said with a chuckle before they headed inside.

"Kino," said Hoetaek as he smiled in greeting. "Hey Hui," said Kino as he grinned. "Congrats on the new territory," said Hoetaek as Jinho and MJ came downstairs. "Thanks," said Jinho as he bent down to pet Changgu who had gone up to Jinho.

"How's the Starbucks Yuto?" Asked Kino as he grinned. Yuto groaned. "Don't remind me of that blasted place," he said. "My coworker finally got fired after I complained a bunch and now Yanan and Hyojung work there, they gave me a few days off in compensation," he said.

"Were you surprised, Hongseok? When Taehyun showed up in Toronto," said Kino. "Yes," said Hongseok. "I was happy to see him, being my brother and all," he said. "Apparently he had started changing after we left," said Kino. "I heard, it was nice to see him again though," said Hongseok.

Everyone spent the day catching up, with Kino introducing Changgu to Hoetaek and Yuto. Yuto fell in love with the dog immediately and Hoetaek just shook his head at Yuto's antics. In ways Changgu was a puppy when he was alive. And now he was an actual puppy. Hoetaek could see a resemblance though, and made the effort to let the dog get to know his scent while he was there with Hongseok and Yuto.

The next few days were spent with everyone just hanging out and having fun. Kino was transitioning between his good days and his bad days but he tried not to worry the others and just focused on having fun. Changgu had stuck by Kino's side the whole time as he sensed the bad days coming back.

As expected, MJ and Hoetaek clashed but it was all on good terms. They were both alphas in their own rights, and their personalities clashed. Hongseok and Jinho spent the days catching up and Yuto spent the days with Kino and Changgu, just going with whatever adventures the two were doing out in the forest. Though Kino always made sure Yuto was safe, as did Changgu.

It was the day before Hoetaek, Hongseok and Yuto were due to leave and in the spirit of things Jinho decided to throw a barbecue. Kino was having an okay day so they forced him to sit and relax, and he only did so as long as Yuto got to sit with him. They decided to have it right on the shoreline so that Kino could have his time on the dock and come over for food afterwards.

Other than Kino having an okay day the day went great, everyone having fun and laughing. Changgu was playing fetch with Hongseok throwing a stick into the water. Hongseok made sure to not throw it too far, and that meant throwing it passed the dock. A surprise visit from Taehyun and Sungwoon made the day better as Kino got to catch up with his best friend and Hongseok got to catch up with his brother again. Sungwoon hung out with Jinho who was at the grill and talked about things while Shinwon took over throwing the stick for Changgu.

"How are you two related again?" Asked Jinho as Hongseok and Taehyun came over to get food once Jinho called that the burgers were done. "Taehyun's only a year younger than Kino," said Hongseok. "So you didn't really see much of him when we were with the home pack," he said.

"I gotta admit though," said Taehyun. "I did just fine without you there, even if I left not long afterwards to find my pack that I'm with now," he said, throwing an arm around Hongseok. Hongseok chuckled some. "I guess," he said. Jinho chuckled and handed them both two plates. "Hand the other two to Yuto and Kino," he said. Hongseok nodded and went to bring Kino and Yuto their plates of food.

Hoetaek came over with MJ to get their food, playfully arguing over something. "Having fun you two?" Asked Jinho as he chuckled at their antics. "Hui is being mean," MJ said with a pout. "You started this argument!" Said Hoetaek. Jinho shook his head in amusement before handing them their food and giving MJ a quick kiss before moving away and closing the grill after handing Sungwoon a plate. MJ was a stuttering mess after that, his face red from blushing. "Go enjoy the food," Jinho said with a laugh as he grabbed the last two plates and went over to Shinwon and handed him the plate. Sungwoon was left to go hang out with Kino and the others.

The rest of the afternoon was spent in laughter as everyone got to catch up on everything that was happening. All too soon it was time to pack up the grill and head back inside after cleaning up. Kino was fighting to stay awake at this point so Shinwon went to carry him inside with Changgu following after them.

"I enjoyed the day," said Hoetaek as he helped clean up with Jinho. "I did too," said Jinho as he smiled softly. "You're doing a good job," said Hoetaek. "Coming from you, that's quite the accomplishment," Jinho said with a chuckle. "One day we'll be here with the others," said Hoetaek. "No rush, we're not travelling anywhere anytime soon, unless MJ gets missions," said Jinho. Hoetaek hummed in response.

"Aw, you're leaving already?" Asked Hongseok. "Yeah, it's a long drive back home," said Taehyun. "Not as long as it is to Toronto but," he said, chuckling some. Hongseok laughs. "Alright, be careful," he said. Taehyun smiled and gave Hongseok a hug before leaving with Sungwoon.

Yuto was with Shinwon after Kino was put to bed, hanging out in the livingroom. "I think things will get better," said Yuto. "I know," said Shinwon. "At leat we know when he'll be transitioning into his bad days thanks to Changgu," he said. "It'll be tough but we'll make it," he said. Yuto hummed in agreement.

The next day Hoetaek prepared to leave, with Shinwon carrying Kino on his back to let Kino say his goodbye. "Aw, we're leaving on a bad day," said Hongseok. "I'll manage," grunted Kino as he shook slightly in pain. "But next time you come over bring the others," he said. "We will," said Hoetaek as he patted Kino on the shoulder. "Have a safe drive then," said Jinho. "We will," said Hongseok.

MJ sighed. "Well," he said. "It was nice meeting you," he said. "Likewise," said Hoetaek. "Come up to Toronto sometime, we'll be around," he said. MJ chuckled some. "Only if missions call for it," he said. "Otherwise I'll be here," he said. Hoetaek, Hongseok and Yuto soon left, with Kino, Shinwon, MJ and Jinho waving to them as they left.

"Well," said Shinwon as he turned to MJ and Jinho. "It's just us again," he said. "Yeah," said Jinho. "It's going to be rather quiet around the house for a while," Kino said with a chuckle. "Not with Changgu here," MJ said with a fond smile at the dog. Changgu barked, wagging his tail, causing everyone to laugh. "Let's go enjoy the rest of the day shall we?" Asked Jinho. "Lets," said Kino as he grinned. They headed inside to have a movie marathon.