Chapter 17

A Pack's Story

Kino quickly found out what it was like to have one of Changgu's best days as he woke up earlier than those who slept. He sat up, alarmed to feel so much energy flowing through him after days of just being exhausted, sick and weak. He moved slowly as to not wake up Shinwon and left the room, heading downstairs to the kitchen to find something to drink.

He was alone in his thoughts for another 10 minutes before Mark and Jisoo came downstairs to go hunting. "Oh, good morning," said Jisoo. "Morning," said Kino as he blinked. "It's a good day it looks like," he said. "We can see that," said Mark. "Take Seokwoo out if you feel up to it?" Asked Mark. Kino smiled softly. "Of course," he said, whistling for the dog. Mark and Jisoo nod and leave to go hunting as Seokwoo came downstairs holding the leash in his mouth.

Kino clipped the leash onto Seokwoo's collar and let the dog lead the way outside after he put on some shoes. The wolf pack was due to arrive today, judging from the conversations everyone had last night, so Kino was more wary this morning than usual. Seokwoo seemed energetic this morning, so he let the dog lead the way, keeping a tight hold on the leash.

Kino was soon joined by MJ who came out to get some fresh air. "Hey MJ," he said. "Hey," said MJ. "Is it a good day then?" He asked, noticing Kino's good mood. "Yes," Kino said with a grin. "Actually, I think this is one of the best days I've had in a while," he said. "Nice," said MJ as he grinned. They continued walking, with Seokwoo pulling the leash along and almost dragging Kino along if he didn't rush to catch up with the dog. MJ laughs as he followed after the two, offering to take the leash if Kino got tired.

It was how Jinho and Shinwon found them, after getting told that Kino and MJ had taken Seokwoo for a walk. Kino was laughing at something MJ said and Seokwoo was leading them back to the house. "Having fun you two?" Asked Jinho as he couldn't keep the fond smile off his face. Kino turned to Jinho and nodded, grinning as he took the leash off of Seokwoo and tackled Shinwon. "Come on then, we're not too far from home," said Jinho as he chuckled some, leading them the rest of the way home with Seokwoo bolting ahead.

When they got back to the house Daniel was taking a brush through Seokwoo's fur, making baby sounds at him and cooing. "Having fun Daniel?" Asked Kino as he snickered. "You try having a dog, you'll do the same thing," Daniel said, chuckling some. "Go on in, Jaehyun made breakfast," he said. "Are you sure he didn't burn it?" Asked MJ as he snickered. "Yes I'm sure," Daniel said laughing.

"Jaehyun's known for burning the food," said MJ as he chuckled some. "Well then," Kino said with a snicker. "Let's go eat then," he said. Everyone headed inside, with Moonbin taking notice of Kino's good mood. "Hey, it's one of your best days," said Moonbin. Kino grinned. "Yes it is," he said. They went to eat breakfast, sitting around the livingroom and making small talk.

"So, how's house hunting going?" Asked Kino. "We found one," said Jinho. "Right on the lake too, just a little bit outside of city limits but not far enough to travel like it is to Chani's house," he said. "Nice," said Kino. "How big of a house?" He asked. "2 floors, 4 bedrooms and 2 and half baths," said Jinho. "The 2 main bathrooms are connected to 2 of the bedrooms and yeah," he said. "Nice," said Kino.

"I put in an offer," said MJ. "My money made from hunting will probably cover it," he said. "You don't have to," said Kino. "Don't worry about it," said MJ. "Let MJ have his glory, he's always wanted to own a house out on the lakeside," said Moonbin. "Besides, it's for everyone, and you wanted a lakeside house, for your friend," he added. "Does it have a dock?" Asked Kino. "It should," said Jinho. "A private one at least," he said.

"So when is this new pack supposed to be here?" Asked Kino. "I got a text earlier, should be here in an hour," said Jaehyun. "Do you know what they are like?" Asked Kino. "If it's the pack I'm thinking of then they're not much different than Sungjin's pack," said Jaehyun.

"Weren't you with Sungjin when Wonpil was still with them?" Asked Daniel. "Oh yeah, I was," said Jaehyun. "At least, I was there to help them out," he added. "Came back to keep an eye on the kids, couldn't let Taeil take care of them alone," he said, chuckling some. Taeil scratched the back of his head. "It was just Haechan I had to watch out for but sure," he said. "I'm not that bad," whined Haechan, earning chuckles from everyone.

After breakfast there was a hesitant knock on the front door, and Jaehyun got up and went to answer it. "Oh! Come on in," he said, letting their guests in. "Did you guys run all the way here?" Asked Jaehyun. "No, we were dropped off by Yoongi and Daehyun, they just got their missions so," wolf Taeil said, shrugging. "I see," said Jaehyun. "Come sit down, we have much to discuss," he said, walking over to sit down in a chair. Taeil, Minhyuk and Jihoon went to sit down on the couch after Kino, Shinwon and Jinho moved to sit somewhere else.

"It's been a while," said Jaehyun as he tilted his head. "It has," said wolf Taeil. "Though, I promise you we haven't gotten into any more trouble," he said. "That's good," said Jaehyun. "What were you doing since leaving Sungjin's pack alone?" He asked. "We were looking for new places to stay," said Jihoon. "At least, until we heard of the 'shifters taking Chicago," he added. "That'd be us," said Jinho.

"We mean no harm," said Minhyuk. "We came to the states to find a spot and Joshua happened to mention the expanse of land between here, NYC and Boston," he said. "So we jumped on the opportunity," he said. "To be fair, I think a new territory in between all three cities would work, there's been too much tension lately," said Jaehyun. "That's what Joshua said," said wolf Taeil.

"Well," said 'shifter Taeil. "I don't know about you but I agree to this," he said. "I actually wouldn't mind it either," said Daniel. "Granted our vampires are going to have to decrease their hunting range a bit but," he said, shrugging. "I don't mind it," said Mark. "Neither do I," said Jisoo. "If it's for the sake of keeping the peace then go for it," she said.

"Good lord, the tension was getting bad," said Johnny. "I'm glad Yuta, Winwin, Wonpil and Taeyang are out on missions right now," he said. "Granted they would've come back to a war zone if we let this go any longer but," he added. "That settles it then," said Jaehyun. "Welcome to the states, and please don't screw up like before," he said. "We won't," said wolf Taeil as he scratched the back of his head.

"Any city in particular that you want?" Asked Kino. "Albany," said wolf Taeil. "Just to have a middle ground I guess," he added. "Ah," said Jinho. "Like we took Chicago since it's between here and Changkhyun's territory," he said. Wolf Taeil nodded.

After wolf Taeil left with Minhyuk and Jihoon, Jinho and the others decided to pack up and get ready to head back to Chicago. "Might as well pack up and go, we don't know how long this good day is going to last," Jinho had explained and that got everyone to go pack up the truck.

"It's sad to see you go hyung," said Moonbin as he got to talk to MJ before they left. "Well, at least I can somewhat see you again?" Asked MJ as he chuckled some. "Take care of the others alright? Make sure Jinwoo isn't slacking," he said with a snicker. "That would be Chanwoo's job," Moonbin said, laughing some.

"When is he returning?" Asked MJ. "Soon, I got a text from Jinhwan saying that Chanwoo's on the way home," said Moonbin. "Should go see him then," MJ said grinning. Moonbin laughs. "I will," he said. "Take care of them, alright?" he asked. "Yeah yeah," said MJ as he nodded.

"Hyung!" Whined Sanha as he tackled MJ. "I'm sad to see you go but I'm glad you found your mate," he said. "You'll find yours one day kid," MJ said with a soft chuckle. "B-But," said Sanha. "Keep on running kid, you'll find them," said MJ. "Besides, if Moonbin can find his mate, you can too," he said, laughing some. "Oi!" Said Moonbin as he slapped MJ on the shoulder. MJ moved away, laughing. "I'll see you when we see you then," he said. Moonbin nodded, and MJ went to continue helping pack up the truck.

"I can help you know!" Kino said, pouting. "We can see your energy just going downhill again," said Jinho as he sighed. "If you want to help more go and tie down the bags," he said. "Okay," said Kino as he went to do so. Shinwon shook his head and went to grab their bags.

"They said it wasn't going to be easy," said Jinho as he went to help. "I know," said Shinwon as he took them downstairs and out to the truck with Jinho. "We just have to keep an eye on him," he said. "Yeah," said Jinho.

"Thanks for staying around," said Jaehyun as he walked over. "We couldn't exactly move with Kino being in and out of being sick could we?" Asked Jinho as he turned to look at Jaehyun. "I guess," said Jaehyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, that was a bit uncalled for but," he said. Jinho shook his head. "No, it's fine," he said. "We just have to live with Kino being Kino like usual," he said. "Have a safe drive," said Jaehyun. "Thanks," said Jinho as he nodded.

Sungwoon and Jinyoung came over with their bags. "Got kicked out then?" Asked Jinho as he turned to them. "Unfortunately," said Jinyoung as he scratched the back of his head. "Well," said Jinho. "I guess we can take you back with us," he said. "Granted Moonbin contacts your pack and Guanlin and Daehwi," he said. "He said he was working on it," said MJ as he walked over. "Alright, throw your bags into the trunk," said Jinho. It would be another few minutes until they were ready to go, with Kino hopping down from the truck bed and closing the trunk lid before closing the cover.

Shinwon ended up driving first, with Kino keeping him company in the passenger seat. Jinho and MJ sat together with Jinho getting the driver's side window in the backseat and Jinyoung getting the passenger's side window in the backseat so that Sungwoon and MJ were sitting next to each other. Shinwon honked the horn in goodbye, with everyone in the truck waving when everyone came outside to see them go before Shinwon started the truck and backed out of the driveway and started the journey back to Chicago.