Chapter 2

A Pack's Story

The next morning began early for Kino, Shinwon and Jinho. They woke up Yuto before going to get ready to head out to the meadow, and Jinho was nervous. Hoetaek had assured him that everything was fine, and to take as long as they needed before coming back to the house. Yuto went on Jinho's back since Kino and Shinwon would be leading the way there. Once Yuto had a bag of clothes for the three 'shifters they headed off, going to the meadow.

Once there Yuto hopped down from Jinho's back and took off the bag that was on his back before going over to Changgu's grave and sitting beside the cross, looking out over the river. The others soon joined him, with Jinho leaning down in front of the cross.

"I'm sorry Changgu," said Jinho as he brushed his fingers over the name on the cross. "I hope you're at peace now," he mumbled, reaching around his neck to take off a necklace and draping it around the cross. He then moved away, going to sit next to Shinwon.

"So," said Yuto. "Where the hell did you two get your scars?" He asked. "And why is it only seen in your animal forms?" He asked. "Well," said Jinho as he scratched the back of his head. "Long story short for me is that I went to see the 'shifter pack down in Washington State in the states and somehow pissed them off," he said. "And then this happened," he said. "I don't know why it's only shown in our animal forms but," he said, shrugging.

"Well," said Kino as he sighed. "I get jealous really easily apparently," he said. "And I got jealous at Shinwon's affectionate behavior towards Changgu," he said. "It was back when we had just joined and we were still new at this mate thing," he said.

 

~



"You!" Shouted Kino as he pointed at Changgu. "Stay away from Shinwon damn it," he spat. Changgu turned to Kino, with an eyebrow raised. "You're being ridiculous," said Hoetaek as he sighed, walking over. "Not this again," said Yanan.

Changgu shook his head. Shinwon sighed. "This again?" He asked. "I challenge you to a fight right now!" Said Kino. Changgu blinked, turning to Hoetaek who shrugged. "Go and show them what you got then," said Hoetaek. "Let's take this to the forest," spat Kino. Changgu sighed, nodding and went out to the forest.

 

~



"Long story short I got beat to a pulp, and well, I sported the scar from then on," said Kino. "I don't know why it stuck around but," he said, shrugging. "I've gotten better at my jealousy at least," he said, chuckling some. "You still get jealous at times though," said Shinwon. "Oi!" Shouted Kino as he threw a leaf at Shinwon. "I'm getting better," he said, pouting. Yuto chuckled some.

After a couple hours they headed back, Jinho feeling more at peace now. "What'd you put on the cross anyway?" Wondered Yuto as he sat on Jinho's back while the three 'shifters walked back in their animal forms. Jinho shook his head. "You'll talk about it when you feel like it huh?" Asked Yuto. Jinho nodded.

When they got back Chani was standing outside waiting for them. "Welcome back," he said as Yuto walked into view. Kino, Shinwon and Jinho soon appeared in human form after getting dressed. "I guess you'll be leaving tomorrow then," said Chani. "Yes," said Jinho. "We don't want to intrude," he said.

"Hey, no problem," said Hoetaek as he came outside. "If the territory thing doesn't work out then you can always come back," he said. "My door's open," he said. Chani nodded. "As long as you don't bring trouble along," he said. "We'll try not to," said Kino as he nodded.

"Come on in then," said Chani. "The other 'shifters are having a movie day," he said. "Without me again? Come on now," Yuto whined before he ran inside. "Humans, I will never understand them," Hoetaek said with a chuckle. Kino and Jinho chuckled before going inside with Shinwon. Hoetaek and Chani followed after them.

"Why does everyone always hog my bed?!" Asked Yuto as he went to sit in front of it while Hongseok sat on the bed with Hyojung and Yanan. "Because," said Jinho as he climbed up onto the top bunk and sat down. "It's apparently comfortable," he said, chuckling some. Hoetaek sat beside Yuto and Kino and Shinwon sat beside Hoetaek. "Let's start he marathon!" Said Hongseok as he gave the remote to Kino who put a movie on.

"Hey Jinho," said Yuto. "Hm?" Asked Jinho. "What'd you put on the cross?" Asked Yuto. "Ah," said Jinho as he scratched the back of his head. "It was an old gift from Changgu, back when we first met," he said. "Oh, you gave him that necklace back?" Asked Yanan. "Yeah," said Jinho. "It's my way of saying goodbye, I guess," he said. Yanan hummed in response, nodding.

"You know," said Hoetaek. "I'm surprised you kept it all these years," he said. "Same," Jinho said, a dry chuckle escaping him. "I'm just glad I never lost it," he said. "He had said to keep it but since you know, he passed on and everything I thought I'd give it back," he said. "Makes sense," said Shinwon.

"What are we watching again?" Asked Hongseok. "Prometheus?" Asked Kino. "It's part of the Aliens franchise," he said. "Hm," said Hyojung. "This movie is very confusing," said Kino. "That it is," said Yuto.

It was later when Chani came in with dinner while they were watching Aliens vs Predator. "Enjoying the movie marathon?" He asked. "Yep," said Hoetaek as everyone got their share of dinner. "Mind if Jaemin comes in?" Asked Chani. "We left the door open for a reason," said Hoetaek. Jaemin came running in with his own plate of food and sat down next to Yuto. They continued their movie marathon after they got their food.

"It's been a rough few months without you two you know," said Hoetaek as he sat out on the porch swing before bed with Kino. "Really?" Asked Kino. "Hongseok's trying to keep the energy up but you two kept the energy going since Changgu's passing," he said. "Everyone is tired," he said. "I hope that with Jinho putting the necklace on Changgu's cross that the energy is better," he said. Kino hummed in response.