Chapter 16

A Pack's Story

Kino woke to pain shooting through his body as he forced back a groan. He moved to bury himself in the blankets and felt arms wrap around him, gently hushing him. "It's alright," came Shinwon's voice as he buried his face into Kino's neck. "It hurts," whined Kino. "It'll pass... It'll pass, it always does," said Shinwon.

"I'm sorry for waking you," said Kino as he turned around and buried his face into Shinwon's chest, taking deep breaths to try and ease some of the pain. "It's okay," said Shinwon. "I said I'd be here for you, and I meant it," he said. "I don't understand how Changgu could stay quiet after 3 injections good lord," grumbled Kino. "Years of being silent does help with that," said Shinwon. "I guess," said Kino as he sighed. "Get some more sleep, I'm right here," said Shinwon. Kino hummed and moved as close as their bodies would allow before allowing the darkness to consume him as he fell asleep.

The next time Kino became aware of his surroundings he was sweaty, his entire body was covered in sweat as he sat up. He looked around the room to find himself alone. "Is anyone there?" He called. Mark came into the room, looking confused. "Oh, you're awake!" He said. "The others went out to get food, are you okay?" He asked. "I think I need a cold shower," confessed Kino. "Come on," said Mark as he went to help him stand.

After a few unsteady steps Mark led Kino into the connecting bathroom and helped him strip down and out of his clothes. "I'll be back with some new clothes and a towel," he said once Kino was in the bathtub and the water on. Kino nodded and Mark quickly left the room. Kino just let the water hit his body, closing his eyes and leaning his head back into the spray of water. Mark soon returned with clothes and a towel and left the room, trusting Kino to not try and drown himself just yet.

After about an hour he heard the distinct sounds of his packmates returning and could only chuckle. The water did help as he shut off the water, slowly standing as the door to the bathroom opened and in walked Shinwon. "Hey," said Shinwon. "Welcome back," said Kino as he pushed himself to stand, leaning against the wall for support.

"A cold shower?" Asked Shinwon. Kino nodded as Shinwon went to help him out of the bathtub and had him sit on the toilet before handing him the towel. Kino dried himself off, keeping the towel around his shoulders as Shinwon handed him a pair of pants. Kino put it on, standing to put the pants all the way on.

"Do you want the shirt?" Asked Shinwon. Kino shook his head. "The towel is fine for now," he said. "I woke up sweating waterfalls, was I just breaking another sick day?" He asked, looking up at Shinwon. "Yes," said Shinwon as he sighed. "Don't worry about it though, Mark and Jisoo were here to keep you company when we were out," he said. Kino hummed in response. "I figured," he said. "How long was I out this time?" He asked. "Just a day," said Shinwon. "Hungry?" He asked. Kino nodded and Shinwon took his hand and helped him stand, leading him out of the bathroom and downstairs.

Shinwon had him sit down on the couch in the livingroom before going to get their share of food and coming to sit next to him. The others soon piled into the livingroom once word got around that Kino was awake. "Don't worry about washing the sheets," said Jaehyun. "You don't need to push yourself," he said. Kino hummed, nodding as he started eating.

"Kino," said Moonbin. "If you ever want the cure, just let us know okay?" He asked. "I will," said Kino. Jinho came to sit on the other side of Kino, looking worried. "I'm fine," said Kino as he shook his head. "You're being worse than Hongseok right now," he said with a snicker, earning a snort from Shinwon as he chuckled slightly. "Hey now! I'm not as bad as Hongseok is," said Jinho. "It's good to see you back and awake though," said MJ. "Thanks," said Kino as he grinned.

"So," he said, noticing Sungwoon and Jinyoung. "What are we gonna do with those two?" He asked. "Hm," said Jinho as he looked thoughtful. "What's your plans?" He asked. "We're not bad people," said Sungwoon as he sighed. "We know," said Shinwon. "Haechan and I picked up on it," he said. "Well," said MJ. "Where do you see yourselves in the future?" He asked.

"I have a home pack I could go back to," said Sungwoon. "Granted Taehyun is willing to accept me back after everything happened," he said. "And I don't even know where they live now," he said. "I can find out for you," said Moonbin. "I just need what information you have on him," he said. "That won't be hard then," said Sungwoon.

"And you?" Jinho asked Jinyoung. "I don't know where to go," confessed Jinyoung. "I could find Jaehwan and their pack but they're hunters," he said. "I don't do well with hunting vampires," he said. "I don't even know where Daehwi and Guanlin went either, I guess I can have you find out," he said to Moonbin. "I can do that yeah," said Moonbin. "And if all else fails?" Asked Kino. "Then we'll travel on our own," said Sungwoon. "That settles it then," said Jinho.

"Have you guys met up with the new pack yet?" Asked Kino. "No, they were in Boston discussing things with Joshua and his pack," said Jaehyun. "Then they headed to see Yongguk, and they should be here tomorrow," he said.

"Who are they?" Asked Jinho. "Ah, Taeil, Minhyuk and Jihoon," said Jaehyun. "Apparently they had some history with Sungjin's pack, but are trying to move on from that, thus why they came to the states from Europe," he said. "I see," said Jinho.