Chapter 1

A Pack's Story

"Do we really need to go to Toronto?" Asked Jinho as he drove towards said city. "Yes," said Kino. "I think it's good for you to visit at least, I get messages from everyone asking us to come visit," he said. "We just happened to get free time, finally," he said. "Besides," he added. "You need to see Changgu," he said. Jinho flinched. "Of course," he mumbled. "Don't feel bad alright?" Asked Kino. "They know you didn't do it on purpose," he said. "I figured but," Jinho said, sighing.

It was another couple hours before they reached Toronto, parking in front of the all too familiar Starbucks that Yuto worked at. "Is this the right place?" Asked Jinho. "Yeah," said Kino. "Let's see if Hoetaek's home," he said, getting out. Shinwon and Jinho got out and followed him into the coffee shop.

"Welcome! What can I get you?" Asked Yuto as he grinned in greeting. "The usual," said Kino as he grinned. "And 3 scones for the three of us," said Shinwon as he nodded. "12$, name on cup?" Asked Yuto. "Jinho," said Jinho as he handed Yuto the money. Yuto nodded, processing the order and writing something down on the receipt before handing back the change and the receipt. He went to get their orders made and Yuto's coworker gave them the scones. Jinho waited on the orders while Kino and Shinwon headed over to Hoetaek's usual table after reading the receipt.

"Been a few months," said Kino as he sat down. Hoetaek looked out from his newspaper and grinned. "Hey you two," he said as Shinwon sat beside Kino. "I see you found Jinho," he said. "Yeah," said Kino. "He was hoping to get in a pack before we found him," he said. "Didn't work out too well then," Hoetaek said with a chuckle. "No," Kino said with a chuckle.

"So, what's changed?" Asked Hoetaek. "We're still travelling," said Kino. "But Jinho sports a new scar similar to mine," he said, shrugging. "Except on the right eye," he said. "What the hell happened?" Asked Hoetaek. "Not sure, happened before we found him apparently," said Shinwon. "Who'd you piss off this time?" Asked Hoetaek as Jinho walked over with their coffee. "The 'shifters in Washington," said Jinho. Kino snorts. "This is why we don't associate ourselves with them," he said. "Yeah well," said Jinho. "Where the hell did you get your scar anyway?" He asked. "I'll tell you when we get back to the house," said Kino.

"Hongseok is going to be happy to see you," said Hoetaek. "He's been the only person to ask us about when we return for like 5 months straight so," Kino said with a snicker. "Hongseok's always been a worry wart," said Hoetaek. "How's Yanan faring?" Asked Shinwon. "He's surviving," said Hoetaek. "Same with Hyojung," he said. "I think the only reason they both stay around is for me," he said. "I've kept them from going insane from the grief anyway," he said. "That's good," said Kino.

"So, how long are you around for this time?" Asked Yuto as he walked over. "A few days, we're thinking of taking either Chicago or Detroit," said Kino. "Ah, neutral ground," said Hoetaek as he nodded. "It'd be nice to have a territory in between Changkhyun's and Jaehyun's," he said. "Either that or the grounds between Jaehyun's and Joshua's territories," he said. "That'd be our second spot," agreed Kino.

"Well, we better get going then," said Jinho as he stood. "We'll see you back at the house then," said Kino as he nodded. "Still got another couple hours so yeah," said Hoetaek. "We'll see you there then," he said. Shinwon nodded and got up, heading out with Jinho and Kino.

The drive to the coven house was pretty uneventful but when they got there Chani was sitting outside with Jaemin. "Hey guys," called Chani. "Welcome back," he said. "It's good to be back," said Kino as he got out with Jinho and Shinwon. "Who's alpha between the three of you?" Asked Jaemin. "Jinho," said Kino. "I have the final say in things so," Jinho said, shrugging. "Guys! Kino's here!" Chani called into the house.

Hongseok was the first to run outside, tackling Shinwon then bringing Kino into a hug. "Welcome back you two!" He said, grinning. "Hey," Kino said, laughing some. "Welcome back guys," said Yanan as he came outside with Hyojung. "Hello Jinho," said Hyojung. "Hello," said Jinho as he nodded.

"So what's the plan?" Asked Hongseok. "We plan on getting Detroit or Chicago," said Jinho as he shrugged. "Either that or we get a town inbetween Jaehyun and Joshua's territories," he said. "I think you'd most likely get a territory in Chicago or Detroit," said Chani. "There's been rising tensions between both of the packs for some reason," he said. "Hm," said Kino. "I get a lot of news from 'shifter packs apparently," said Chani as he scratched the back of his head.

"Dude, you're friends with Moonbin, he gets information before anyone," said Kino as he chuckled some. "True," said Chani. "So what brings you back here?" He asked. "Jinho has yet to see Changgu after everything," Kino said, scratching the back of his head. A dark look crossed Yanan's face before he made it to be blank. "I see," he said. Jinho scratched the back of his head. "I've already apologized, but I think it's better on my conscious if I went to apologize in person," he said.

"Come on in! We were about to have a movie marathon!" Said Hongseok as he dragged Kino and Shinwon inside. Jinho had no choice but to follow after them, with Yanan and Hyojung soon following after them. "A movie marathon without Hoetaek and Yuto? What?" Asked Kino as he was dragged into the 'shifter's room. "Yeah, we couldn't wait," said Hongseok as everyone went to sit around Yuto's bunk since it was facing the TV. The remote was given to Yanan who quickly put a movie on.

It was how Yuto and Hoetaek found them a few movies into the marathon. "Really?" Whined Yuto, earning chuckles from everyone. "Why does everyone always end up in my bed?" He asked with a pout. "Just Kino, Shinwon and I," Hongseok said, shrugging. "And hey, at least the top bunk's being used," said Jinho as he chuckled some. "Damn it," said Yuto as he sighed.

"What are you guys watching?" Asked Hoetaek. "We're watching the Resident Evil movies," said Yanan. "Come join us," said Shinwon. Yuto and Hoetaek went to sit down, finding a spot inbetween Yanan and Hyojung.

"So," said Hoetaek while they were in the credits. "When are you going out to see him?" He asked. "Ah, tomorrow," said Jinho. "If that's alright," he added. "Sure," said Hoetaek. "You two remember the way right?" He asked. "Yeah," said Kino. "It may have been months but we remember," he said. "I might go again, for a little bit," said Yuto. "But I am not going on Shinwon's back again," he said. Shinwon chuckled. "Hey, you were asking for it," he said. "Oh hush," grumbled Yuto.